vBulletin 4.1.12 Feedback & Suggestions

No, the issue is that the file metadata said it was a PNG but the extension was a JPG.

If you rename file.png to file.jpg, the actual file is still a PNG, but you've changed the extension.

Tinypic changes to .JPG automatically. :hmmm:

Didn't find anything to change the quoted text color, no. Of course, I may have overlooked it, but I honestly wouldn't know what to look for either.

As for the deleted threads...hmm, I'm not sure. Might be vB's end when the upgrade happened, 'cause nothing was changed as far as permissions go. :hmmm:

Profile Customization enabled.

Full Members & Veterans will have access to this. Enjoy!

There's one thing I noticed, and I'm not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but....

1. The resizing of images on the forum is erratic. I know for a fact that I have never made any signatures bigger than 600x400 yet when I click to see the full size in my PM's and stuff, it always says, "click here to see the original 859x1256 size" and I'm like lolwut? So yeah, the resizing thing is wonky, it rarely ever works and often pulls images out of shape and makes them pixelated. Dunno why. Far as I know, this is only happening with images posted pre-update.

2. When the mentions alert comes in the lower left corner, it doesn't redirect you to the mentions tab of your profile, it just shoots you to the profile. Not sure if this was intended, but there you have it.

Hello.
I am here to whinge again.

So I started using the new Seamus skin (fuck you guys ;_; the other was way better etc etc) anyway, looks alright and stuff and thanks for spending money on it etc but :( It's made the sigs stretch real far down again and it just looks stupid and ugly. Is there a way to edit it so that the sig and post size is the same as in that slate grey one mits made?

Thanking you :griin:

I'm not sure if you guys notice it but the reputation points is appearing twice again. I Just wanted to brought it to your attention. Anyway, the new skin looks great as we predicted it would. All we need to do is to change the battlefield banner for a Final Fantasy banner and we are set.

mits said that the forums will be having a banner comp in the next few days, then i'm sure one of our epic gfx artists will come up with something amazing ^_^

Yeahhhhhhhhhh, the font problem is back. When I put down the color code it doesn't work so I have to do it manually. And as you can see, the under title color is gone as well. :hmmm:

Also, how in the hell do I stop the freaking thumbtags from appearing EVERY SINGLE TIME I post a picture? They're extremely extremely EXTREEEMELY ugly to look at and it bothers the hell outta me. :grin: Please, someone help I am in desperate need. :grin:

Last edited:
@DragonByte Tech @‎Belazor et Britannia

Uhmmm, Belz,

What is this thing on top of the page?

This is on the DarkSlateGrey skin

XCln2.png

By top, I mean the weird coding on the veryyyy top of the page.

1. The resizing of images on the forum is erratic. I know for a fact that I have never made any signatures bigger than 600x400 yet when I click to see the full size in my PM's and stuff, it always says, "click here to see the original 859x1256 size" and I'm like lolwut? So yeah, the resizing thing is wonky, it rarely ever works and often pulls images out of shape and makes them pixelated. Dunno why. Far as I know, this is only happening with images posted pre-update.
If it's only pre-update then I don't think there's anything I can do about it =/

2. When the mentions alert comes in the lower left corner, it doesn't redirect you to the mentions tab of your profile, it just shoots you to the profile. Not sure if this was intended, but there you have it.
I can't see it in action right now so nothing I can do about that either at this time.

I'm not sure if you guys notice it but the reputation points is appearing twice again. I Just wanted to brought it to your attention. Anyway, the new skin looks great as we predicted it would. All we need to do is to change the battlefield banner for a Final Fantasy banner and we are set.
That's because I'm not editing the skins to fix this + font issue until it's been determined what permutation of the skin we're using :)

@DragonByte Tech @‎Belazor et Britannia

Uhmmm, Belz,

What is this thing on top of the page?

This is on the DarkSlateGrey skin

XCln2.png

By top, I mean the weird coding on the veryyyy top of the page.
I don't see that, so if it was there then it's gone now =p

@Belazor et Britannia, I thought we were gonna use the SeamusBlackBanner skin, so how does that stop you from fixing the standard font/colour post? :huh:

Can't just apply it to all the skins? I'm sure people would hate to be able to choose any skin they'd want, but be stuck with not being able to have their own font and colour in their posts. :gasp:

That's really all I'm waiting on. This manually setting it is a right pain in the ass. :ffs:

@Belazor et Britannia, I thought we were gonna use the SeamusBlackBanner skin, so how does that stop you from fixing the standard font/colour post? :huh:

Can't just apply it to all the skins? I'm sure people would hate to be able to choose any skin they'd want, but be stuck with not being able to have their own font and colour in their posts. :gasp:

That's really all I'm waiting on. This manually setting it is a right pain in the ass. :ffs:

This.

:hmmm:

It's quite a bother.

I was referring to the Seamus skin. I think it was purchased for a reason and for all to use, so I'm just not really sure why it wouldn't be applied to all those colour variations... :hmmm:

Notified Fillip that we'll stick with the SeamusBlackBanner as the main default. Whenever you guys get the chance on this. Thanks.

Can we keep the grey slate skin? I like that skin. You would be depriving me of my favorite skin. THIS IS NOT RIGHT. :rage:

I understand that. What I don't understand is... Why purchase a tad more expensive skin so you can have a colour variation, if the other colours aside from the one that will be applied standard to the forum won't have the benefits of an auto font/colour post edit.

Not all people are wanting to use the black one, it doesn't matter to me which one the default is going to be at all, 'cause I'm fine with the black, but it feels like what you're saying is, one becomes standard, the people who don't use the standard SeamusBlackBanner are screwed? Doesn't... Seem right. That's all.

Sure, I do believe it's some editted to apply it to all the Seamus skins, but I think that's what it was purchased for.

What do I know, though. Just my thoughts on it. I'm already using the black, but considering members that don't will be stuck with having to manually set the font colours for their posts. *Shrugs*

Yeah, I'm using the red without the banner (until an actual banner is put in) and would much prefer to have the fixes added. Default post length, auto font color, etc. I don't want to use black and don't want to be forced into doing so to not have issues with the skin.

I don't know if this is a issue with the forum, or with my browser,

But the arrow that expands and closes the Blog and Twitter feed doesn't wanna function every time I try to click it.

1CinY.png

If it helps, I'm using a very old version of FireFox, 3.6 to be exact, because I hate the newer FireFox and I could care less about them.

Though, I think it was something to do with my current version of FireFox, but if that's the case, I refuse to upgrade nor use another browser.

Back