vBulletin 4.1.12 Feedback & Suggestions

Yeah, in adblock you can. However, you have to do it for every single image. Not only that, after a while, Adblock has the annoying habit of unblocking them. A signature space limit was mentioned on page 8 (I think) of the thread. I was just wondering how it was coming along while pointing out why we (or at least why I believe) we really need one. It's an unpopular opinion, so I'm pretty sure I'm going to get some flack for it. I don't mind though, I still love those guys. :grin:

Yeah, in adblock you can. However, you have to do it for every single image. Not only that, after a while, Adblock has the annoying habit of unblocking them. A signature space limit was mentioned on page 8 (I think) of the thread. I was just wondering how it was coming along while pointing out why we (or at least why I believe) we really need one. It's an unpopular opinion, so I'm pretty sure I'm going to get some flack for it. I don't mind though, I still love those guys. :grin:

There are only 2 sigs you dislike, hence you would only have to block 2x. Lirael's is a rotating sig. Only needs to be blocked once via the .php script or whatever serves it.

Does it make a difference if someones sig is 550 px wide as opposed to 500? Or, 600....... 677, 700? Its only a few extra pixels. :cookie:

You must have a disorder where certain things (like sigs that are a little larger than normal) are like someone scratching a chalkboard to you, else I can't see why it would be a big deal. :whistle2:

I know a girl who has a disorder where she can't stand the sound of people chewing gum, etc. It may not be so rare as some may think. :ohshit:

edit: I think this is it:

http://www.hyperacusis.org/page9.html

The signature space limit is something that I've been trying to look out for as well and have PMed at least 7 people the past few weeks, so I do understand that it is getting a bit out of hand. When the rule was updated (actually made a new thread updating the rules), I mentioned that the new limit is 400 pixels in height. We're not doing the 500 pixels anymore because personally I think that's huge as it is. I know a few members were not aware of this yet, so I had to explain and direct them to the new rule. Everyone I've talked to has been very understanding and cooperative, but I think some just keep forgetting / not aware of the 400 pixels in height rule.

So I've asked Belazor yesterday about the 'h4x' he offered to do. With the 400 pixels limit in place, once Belazor makes some adjustment, it should hide the parts of the signature that go over the limit. That should help tremendously and we wouldn't have to go around chasing people. :ryan:

Lirael and Dan's signature space is within the 400 limit though.

Dan's first sig is 200 pixels, and second sig is 150 pixels.
Lirael - well, her signature's rotating, but the one I measured is perfectly within the 400 limit, since the signature is around 170 pixels to 250 pixels, and leaves her room for a few text line.

Last edited:
Jeff, DragonByte Tech can probably answer that for you. :hmmm: Haven't messed around with tiny men yet.

Im having a problem with viewing images on my mobile... it gets resized and it can be very annorying when viewing the forums

SC20120530-090748.png

Hey guys, don't know if this has been suggested in here or not but if possible could you make the banner at the top a link to the top of the forums?

Hey guys, don't know if this has been suggested in here or not but if possible could you make the banner at the top a link to the top of the forums?

We can't actually do this without re-creating the banners all over again. There was some confusion and misunderstanding about the banner design and logo, so we are left with no link to home. Not only that, but this particular skin design is also a bit odd, so even if a transparent logo is created to act as a link to home, a small portion of the banner (left side) would only be clickable.

would it be possible to have the mp3 player widget thingy moved into this area of the profile, either above the portrait or under it, perhaps even under the "View Blog Entries"? Just seems like a more optimal place to put it.

and possibly a field to type the name of the track into or something

aaur5t.png

That's something that @Belazor et Britannia can probably do on the next update.

A field type would definitely make a nice addition, but there's currently no option for that.

Back