Are you a PS or a X-BOX

cool-wings

Ex-Soldier
Gil
Hello all this thread is about PS vs X-BOX what is better and what console you play. There are alot of consoles but I want to know what is better Play station or X-BOX and it would also be good to find out what other consoles you play. Please dont just say Play station for example say why, what the avantages of it is and the disadvantages of it is.:)

I have a problem with the title: Ima human Dammit:amg:

For the entirety of my life I have been a PS gamer , it has seen of the likes of Game Cube,Sega Saturn,N64 and some others Im sure:hmmm: Its main competition has been the X-Box, it has been a worthy adversary for sure.

But with multi platform releases nowadays console rivalries are kinda unimportant, these days its more about which company provides betters services online.

Im a PS fan primarily because of the awesome RPG's that were released on the Playstation 2 Final Fantasy, Star Ocean 3, plus when OI was youunger they had all those really cool adverts about the PS1:lew: like S.A.P.S: Society Against Play Station and the all the cool demo discs they released monthly.

It was a good time:ryan:

I have/had an X-Box its now a toy for my nephew to play Viva Piñata :wacky:

I swing towards the PlayStation more, simply because it was my first console and because it has been by my side throughout my life.

I prefer it more because of the controller buttons; they are easier to remember: triangle, square, circle and x / cross. Even some Xbox owners I know confuse the Playstation buttons to the Xbox buttons. But, the Xbox controller is ergonomically designed.

PlayStation has the classic games on the PS1. Final Fantasy, Crash Bandicoot, Abe, and many more enjoyable games. PSN don't rip you off. Nice design.

But in this day and age, I'm a PC gamer :P (Ooh, and I use the Xbox controller for some games.)

Just to point it out, we do have Rocket Town here for general gaming discussion threads. But Gaia is the jurisdiction of the two Dans, so I shall leave it to them. :mokken:

I grew up with the original Playstation (and the SNES actually) and I loved that console to death. So many classics were on the PSone such as the Spyro games, Final Fantasies VII to IX, the Tomb Raider games to name a few and naturally my preference for Sony carried over to the PS2 which I've probably bought more games for than any other console. Compared to the Xbox, the PS2 just had everything in terms of a game library that wasn't limited to the same shooters and racers. Admittedly when I first got the PS2, I bought it for the library of exclusive RPGs more than anything - as well as GTA Vice City when I really wanted it back then.

Nowadays, I suppose I'm with the PS3 partially because of that tribal allegiance I had with its predecessors. With this generation of gaming, exclusives are now far more expensive to hold on to than anything, so therefore you see far more multiplatform releases than in any other generation. Mind you, the PS3 does have an amazing lineup of exclusives on the horizon though, and we're now starting to get formerly Microsoft exclusives such as Mass Effect, so things are looking good. I prefer single player games though so I don't actually make tremendous use of PSN and its online facilities. It is good though that PSN doesn't charge you unless you have Plus (though this whole recent hacking thing understandably urks everyone greatly). I just use PSN to buy the classics really, which offers a more attractive one than what the 360 has. If there is another point to make, I guess it's the Blu-Ray format being able to hold a lot more data than the 360's dual-layer DVDs so the scenario of multiple discs is avoided.

I grew up with not only Playstation but other Sony products. Sony always had my respect from back before 2000 when they had top notch quality TV's, VCR's and surroundsystems etc...Sony's products always had/have a long endurance..

Playstation 1 and 2 were epic as hell. Now PS3 has charmed me over with the free Playstation Network and many exclusives that seem to match my style..

As I love RPG and epic story games..Xbox seem to focus on Americans more and as they should since the Xbox is sold best in USA.

I will always be a Sony fanboy..Sony made Playstation so I will love the PS till they offfer weak products...I have been satisfied till this day..

I have a PS3 and I'm quite happy with it. Before I had it I owned a PSone and PS2 so the convenience factor of backwards compatibility is a big plus for me. Additionally having the ability to play online for free is pretty good (although I don't really use it that often anyway).

But personally I don't bother comparing the 360 to the PS3 firstly because any supposed differences in graphics or performance are unnoticeable (to me anyway). Secondly, it is becoming less common to see exclusive games and considering most of the games which come out are shit in my opinion I don't care about exclusives and finally I don't really play games that often anymore so go figure.

I am a PS.

I have had a playstation ever since they came out. I never even owned anything nintendo until the GameCube came out.
I first got an Xbox360 when Fable 2 came out, I sold it not long after because there just wasn't anything of interest on it for me that my PS2/PS3 couldn't already play.

I have a problem with the title: Ima human Dammit:amg:
Close. You're an australian.

I've always owned PS consoles, but I've understood being a fan of one over the other. That just seems incredibly foolish to me. I prefer the playstation because that's what I'm used to. The free online play is good and so are the better graphics and all that technical shit. I think xbox has a better collection of games though. I'd have no problem buying an xbox if I thought it was better.

Erm, I suppose I would be more of a Nintendo fan, but I'm guessing I'm something of a minority in that :worried:

Concerning those two though, I grew up on Playstation, and I have more PS1 games than any other console, unless you merge different gameboy generations. After that I played almost exclusively Nintendo stuff, I just prefer the franchises they have. I did actually share a 360 for a bit, but ultimately it ended up just being used mainly for movies and FFXI. ... and some guitar hero when we were really bored. I tried Halo 3 online for a bit as well, but I sucked at it. Never really the same affection I had for my playstation before it broke.

Nowadays because I move around between houses so much I use mainly portables and PC. I do play my PSP a lot, since it has a good selection of RPGs, and therefore I suppose I'd classify myself as more of a playstation person even though Nintendo will always be better.

The Xbox is for

A). people who are not competent enough to purchase an affordable gaming PC, and

B). people who are crazy enough to get a console for the few true exclusives (Note: not available on the PC) the console has.

The PS3 has a much larger library of real exclusives and is ultimately the superior device, despite Sony's incompetence in the field of security. The Xbox 360 is the worst of the three home consoles, excluding the PC (Which trumps them all).

My first console ever was a SNES.

However, I'm not a big fan of nintendo nowadays. The wii just isn't my thing...and its the only of the three major consoles that I don't own.

I had my first Xbox about 4 or something years ago...and two others after that and I've had nothing but problems with them...so its really hard for me to have much respect at all for Microsoft. The games that I have for mine are alright I guess...but I think I like the games they have out for the ps3 more.

I got my ps3 about 6 months ago and I love it...it does so much. I'm really liking the games I got for it and we use it for a Blue Ray player as well. I'm impressed so far...asides from the whole thing with the psn as of late...but the console itself is still nice.

So I'm a ps3 fan now...changed over from the Xbox. :monster:

I'm a hardcore PS3 fanboy and I believe an Xbox 360 is a waste of money compared to a PS3.

Not only just because of that, Final Fantasy has been oriented around the PS line ever since Final Fantasy VII, and this is still proven as Versus XIII is apparently going to be a PS3 exclusive. Final Fantasy XIII was originally going to be, which was why I got a PS3, and it... kinda... wasn't. So it's all coo. :D

I love Xbox because the controller is so much more comfortable and precise, and the online is way better. But i will admit that xbox needs a new console, they are holding the ps3 back and developers.

I've been a Playstation guy for years and years, but after this PSN crap, I have decided to pick up a 360 in the next few weeks. I had been planning it for a while now, because there are a few games on there I want to play (Lost Odyssey, Forza 3, Tales of Vesperia). Once I've gotten rid of my "to play" pile, I'll get one. They're not too expensive.

I have been a dedicated PS gamer,I have Psx,PS2,PS3 and PSP.

X-BOX can be nice too,I've only had the chance to play a few times.Personally I am used to the PS so no X-Box to me,but some games are better on x-box and others better on PS3.
It all comes down to personal preference I think,both have their advantages and disadvantages but I don't think they have huge differences.

:hmmm:

I actually hate both the PS3 and the 360. Why? Only because of the most important things that make the consoles, the games. I think the game selection for Next Gen consoles are horrible. The selection is just too narrow. I guess they don't feel as ground breaking as the SNES or the PS1. You remember. When you first played them it blew your fuckin mind. Consoles nowadays don't have the same effect. I mean, each console don't actually have that many exclusive games. And the games now seem to be just designed to look pretty instead of good overall. But I do own a 360. I hate Next Gen consoles but I went with the X-Box. Only reason was because I liked their exclusive games better(Fable, Mass Effect).

Now if I were to judge each console's online performances, it is 360 hands down, for one big reason. More people seem to play online more on 360s. For example, the first time I played Street Fighter 4 was on my friend's PS3. There would be some people on but there would be points where you would be waiting for almost 10 minutes before you could find someone to play against. When I got in on my 360, there were so many people playing SF4. It seemed like I would never had to wait to find someone to play against.

So, new consoles blow but I have to go with the 360. And that's not saying much.

I am a PS Fan

I been playing ps1 since my childhood. I still remember all the ps1 games i beat like spyro1 and 2, C-12, Tekken3, and a whole lot, but no the final fantasy ones though :(
If i had the money right now i would go out and buy a ps3 and Metal Gear Solid 4 as my first ps3 then other ones.

I don't think i would ever change to a x-box fan, i am going to stay a PS fan for ever!

Erm, I suppose I would be more of a Nintendo fan, but I'm guessing I'm something of a minority in that :worried:

I'd say I'm Nintendo fan too, up to the Gamecube at least...

But between the two.. Playstation, I have every playstion consul (minus the PSPGo) and I find RPGS on the Playstation a lot more fun, and on top of that the controls tend to function a little better (in my opinion) and games tend to work with more scratches (to a certain point)

In the end I have to say though It depends on where the games go that will determine who I get loyal too in the future consul wars.

Both. I don't really understand this hate between the two consoles. The PlayStation is apart of nostalgia, wonderful memories and childhood, and will never let those feelings and emotions go. The PlayStation is powerful because it's more than just a gaming console, it's apart of people's past and for some their future. The Box however, is also a good console. It has many games available, it's fun and it's good entertainment, and it tries to offer many different genres when it comes to video gaming.:)

But if really had to be a supporter for a console, I would be a Sega. I just adore the older games on the Sega Genesis. Rocket Knight Adventures, Aladdin, Sonic the Hedgehog, Castlevania Bloodlines, Castle of Illusion,Streets of Rage, Golden Axe, Street Fighter, Gunstar Heroes, Ristar, Road Rash, and Mortal Kombat.

So I'm not really a Xboxer or a PlayStation, though I do love both. Though if I had a choice, it would be going retro instead. I'm weird.
8(

Back