What's The Nerdiest Thing You Own?

Aselia

Unless I fight, I cannot win.
Veteran
Gil
What's the Nerdiest thing you own?

For me, It's my Power Morpher from Mighty Morphin Power Rangers

I don't have a picture of mine, since my phone is hella old and I can't send pictures from it, but this is what I'm talking about

162pso.jpg

Oh god, I don't think I really own that many nerdy things.

My sister, however, does have a collection of Sentai and Kamen Rider henshin devices and display figures. I am envious of it. Deeply, painfully envious.

...I was not expecting this to turn out to be a secret Power Rangers/Super Sentai/Kamen Rider thread.

When I last went to Hong Kong, they had Kamen Rider W merchandise, and I just snapped up a few things:

shfiguartskamenriderw8fcik.jpg

fang_joker_25ylinc.jpg

d691c486kpu9l.jpg

As well as an actual Gaia Memory USB stick. 2GB, AND it set me back an extortionate HK $200 alone (about £15 tax-free), which is probably not a *bad* price considering import costs from Japan. >.>

a550cq2sp6.jpg

I no longer own all the old Power Rangers stuff I used to jointly own with my brother and sister. RIP Supertrain Megazord. You have been missed.

Well, since we're talking nerdy stuff(specifically power ranger/sentai stuff) now.

I still have all my old power ranger toys. Figures, megazords. I can't remember which series I stopped collecting though.

They're all out there, in a shed. Probably in awful condition.

I'm personally delighted that my nephews get use out of them now though. When they come up,they have stuff to play with, other than bouncing stuff off my head.

Generally, I have a lot of toys from those Noughtie movie franchises: The prequel Star Wars stuff, LoTR.

...I'm not even sure that counts as nerdy stuff: But who really gives much of a fuck?

Does my wedding count?

We are having a film/tv/game themed wedding. FF/warcraft cake. Doctor who invites, the tables all named after tv/film with appropriate table decorations.

It's also in a science and and industry museum

you dont get much nerdier than that i dont think lol

My nerdy collection diminished over the years but I can account for my most recent nerdy possession being a Holographic Weedle card. McDonald's is/was? running an X/Y toys distribution for their Happy Meals... and I really wanted a Fennekin card. /thatdidn'thappen

...I was not expecting this to turn out to be a secret Power Rangers/Super Sentai/Kamen Rider thread.

When I last went to Hong Kong, they had Kamen Rider W merchandise, and I just snapped up a few things:

shfiguartskamenriderw8fcik.jpg

fang_joker_25ylinc.jpg

d691c486kpu9l.jpg

As well as an actual Gaia Memory USB stick. 2GB, AND it set me back an extortionate HK $200 alone (about £15 tax-free), which is probably not a *bad* price considering import costs from Japan. >.>

a550cq2sp6.jpg

I no longer own all the old Power Rangers stuff I used to jointly own with my brother and sister. RIP Supertrain Megazord. You have been missed.

I'm a big fan of Kamen Rider. I wish I had something like those...

I do have a Shrek chess set. That's the only one I can think of that's close to being nerdy, I think. Actually own 3-4 different chess set collection. Can't get enough of them.

I really couldn't say my nerdiest thing I own to be honest haha I collected Japanese Figma figures in which I have a few from my fav shows (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Steins Gate etc) I have my star wars figure collection which has a rare figure of a stormtrooper whos head is actually George Lucas. And I have lego star wars including the collectors R2-D2 piece and Gundam Model kits haha.

i've got two sonic screwdrivers (10 and 11's) and the master's laser screwdriver from doctor who, and also a 10th doctor costume (but no converse to go with it) including the glasses and psychic paper

ooh we have the sonic screwdriver tv remote control...never bloody used it though, need to actually set that up with my tv!

What other people would refer to as "nerdy" I know to be awesome.

So the "nerdiest" thing I own would be my Red VS. Blue posters!! They are so awesome! I can sleep looking at Tucker and Grif :ryan:

I also have many t-shirts of my different...fandoms (not sure if that's the best word). But I have a Breaking Bad tee, a Zelda tee, a Final Fantasy 7 tee, and a Harry Potter tee. So yeah :grin: I love my tees :ryan:

Nerdiest thing I own? I have way too many KH and FF plushies, I have 3 Game of Thrones figurines, but the nerdiest thing I own is probably my keyblade. It's also the best thing I own, but quite nerdy :P Also have a bunch of KH t-shirts and a KH pillowcase....I need a new fandom...

I pretty much sold any figurines and whatever else people would consider to be nerdy years ago now. I now only have Anime shows, Blu rays and games that would have related to the nerdy items I once owned.

I do love collectables but they are not practical to keep. They take up too much room and are a pain to pack when you have to move. Plus I prefer money in the bank rather than in some item I rarely look at. >.<

Out of all the items I've ever owned that people would consider nerdy, the nerdiest would have had to of been my figurine collection of Final Fantasy characters.

Gundam model kit? Just bought one recently. Haven't put it together, yet.

20140716_1743101_zps00a662c3.jpg

Continuing with the Gundam theme... I just ordered this controller decal

9lbwk8.jpg

Once Chris gets home, I need to take a picture of our figurine shelf. He's got the better camera on his phone lol

:think:

I guess this one would have to go to my Dissidia 012 Collectors PSP 3000. It came with the Japanese version of the game and a Play Arts Squall. Money well spent.

Probably the Final Fantasy games, no lie. I'm not much into anything else of this nature, but got hooked on it young and stuck with the series. It's the one thing people who know me well look at me and say, "Really? You play those games? And I'm like, "Yuuuup!"

I didn’t think that I owned many nerdy things, but on reflection I probably do.

I have quite a large collection of Marvel figures. Mainly in lead and resin. These are not toys, but models for adult enthusiasts, etc!
And then there are the Final Fantasy, Metal Gear Solid, and Crash Bandicoot figurines that I have. Of the toy sort rather than a shelf model sort. They are also quite cool.

Outside of figurey things I also have two special clocks. One has an image of Red XIII on its face, and the other one has an image of the head of a famous Greek bronze statue (either Zeus or Poseidon – the matter is debated, though it is probably Zeus).
I have various other bits and pieces, but these spring to mind now.

Now I’ve recently come into some new stuff, though it doesn’t feel right to call it ‘mine’ because of the circumstances of how I received it. My closest friend’s bedroom was the nerdiest and most awesome shrine to all things interesting that I’ve seen with my own eyes, and now that he has passed his mom has wanted me to have a lot of it (but a lot more remains). No idea where to put most of it for now, but it includes a lot of excellent Doctor Who figures (of the shelf sort), a Batmobile figurine collection, bobbing-head toys for various franchises (such as Game of Thrones), and some cool H.P Lovecraft stuff. I’ve also received a TARDIS cookie jar, which his mom told me he had intended to be my Christmas present. That'll be well used!

So that sort of thing is probably the level of my nerdiness. I don’t have giant cardboard cut-outs of Spider-Man or Doctor Who, life-sized Buster Sword replicas, or used napkins signed by Shatner or Nimoy, but I do have figures and random stuff.

Back