Summer 2013

Tyler Breeze

Paladin
Veteran
Gil
Anybody have anything going on this summer? All I know is that my parents want to take us to the pool that's around here, which I really don't want to do because it seems weird. And, I think they want to do some family game night bullshit which will just end with one of us getting a broken nose. Again, don't really want to this because I'm a hermit. XD Not to mention the inevitable visit from some fucking family member. It sucks living so close to Disney World and Universal Studios and not being able to go there! :gasp:

My boyfriend Peter and I are heading to the Lakes for a week! :) Other than that...spending a lot of time with Peter, preparing English lessons for the classes I begin to teach in September, cycling, walking, re-learning the violin, reading a lot, swimming (possibly) - and maybe a little bit of gaming too! ;)

I was actually discussing summer plans with my sister (who lives in Ohio) earlier this morning. Got approved for vacation on the first week of July until the 6th...and considering the 7th is a Sunday, that makes it seven days off from work. My family (including my sister who might be here towards the end of June) and I are heading up to Solvang, CA. We were there last year for Spring break. Might just take the Pacific Coast highway again, though that will take 5-6 hours of driving. It's a nice drive, having the ocean in view. Might leave on June 30th though, and stay with my cousins up in Ventura (Solvang is an hour drive further), then head to Solvang in the morning.

Started looking at inns earlier. Planning on spending three days there, visit the Spanish missions, lakes, swimming, touring, etc. Then maybe if we have enough time, drive down to Las Vegas since my uncle works at the MGM Grand Hotel (might be able to get us in for free), but that is one hell of a drive. From our place, Las Vegas is about five hours drive. So we're keeping that as an option instead. If we do decide to go, preferably it's best to head from Solvang to Vegas...rather than go back home for one day, and then Vegas. That'll be double the drive. :hmmm: So probably not a good idea overall, haha. It was either Vegas or Solvang, and as much as I want to go to Vegas...I want some quiet time at a Danish village of Solvang.

So that one week will be pretty busy. Not sure what's going on for the rest of the summer, other than going to the beach as usual. My brother (not my half-brother) will also come down to visit in 3rd week of July, I think. Can't wait to see him, kinda miss the punk.

@JeriKane1998 - Yeah I hear ya. I live near Disneyland here in Cali too (about ten or 15 minutes drive), and the last time I was there was 2005.

It sucks living so close to Disney World and Universal Studios and not being able to go there! :gasp:

You live near Disney World? :gasp: Can we stay with you when we go to Disney World?

We're supposed to be having some sort of family gathering at Goddard Park in July. It's actually my in-laws' family and not mine but it should be fun nonetheless. My anniversary is in August and we were talking about going to Salem and taking some of the witch tours. Either that or we'll go to Newport again. I'd be fine with either.

I'm going on holiday with the lady friend to a some Greek island that I can't remember the name of for a week which is hopefully going to be filled with food, drink, sun and sex which I can't wait for to be honest. I think I can find out my degree classification during that time but I'm going to wait until I get back before checking that shit. We're hopefully planning to go to Alton Towers and a bed and breakfast in the peak district that we went to last year which should be nice. Will involve more dosh though...

I'm also having my graduation ceremony which I'm not looking forward to, my family is embarrassing so I try to avoid being in large crowds with them which will be hard. Also, mine is very early but I think it's all over quite quickly, they go through students like they're on a production line apparently. It's all a bit pretentious and unnecessary, but it's one of those things I feel like I have to do.

I am also getting absolutely off my face wankered the day of my last exam. I know one of my best pals is coming up and hopefully the rest of them can depending on if they can get off work etc.

Other than that, I'm not sure. I'm at a weird time in my life where I don't know where I'll be in 3 months which is unusual after being in full time education for the past I can't be arsed working it out years. There are various possibilities depending on the outcomes of my job applications and the lady friend with her summer internship arrangements. One thing I can say though is that I am so fucking glad that I won't have to do anymore shithouse unpaid Uni work. No more essays, reflective passages, reports, assignments, spreadsheets, fucking MATLAB and all that other shite.

Geez living next to disney land? Now thats pretty fancy. Im 10 minutes from Codonas and Aberdeen fun beach. Thats like disney world but much much shitter.

My summer is a long way away! 7ish months away in fact!!! But this year my friends and I are going to go to queensland. I go there a lot but i've never been with friends. We'll probably go for 5 days or so and visit the theme parks and go swimming and go to bars etc. It'll be good fun. I am looking forward to it :D

Otherwise I'll just bum around home and visit the beaches around home :ari:

...I have terrible plans for the summer. I might get some driving lessons, begin driving... Fail at attempting to find a job, try to re-discover musical interests, play a few games.

Go out and actually live life.

Though... I'm supposedly visiting London with my Dad sometime in the summer, since he used to live there... Some sort of attempt to forge a relationship, me thinks.

...Still never gonna take over his drycleaners though...

Last summer was my summer of rock-bottom, I slept around a lot, got (too) drunk a lot, and generally wasted Summer being a selfish little cunt. Threw away two potential long-term relationships and lost a canny few friends. But, bad things happen to bad people, and I was a fucking bitch :wacky: Not gonna lie about it.

This year though, totally re-energised my entire life. Dropped around 4 stone (and counting), people who are just negative influences, adopted new attitudes, and I'm generally in a much happier and healthier mental state, or at least try to be.

So, me and the girls (and maybe the guy I'm dating. Fingers crossed) have got alllll sorts of fun stuff planned. We don't have enough money / time off work to go on a proper holiday to Magaluf or wherever, like we wanted. So we're just gonna go as many places in the UK as we can: Harry Potter world, back to Edinburgh to see my best friend, Alton Towers, etc. Lots of road trips, lots of fun nights out. Already spent most of this week sunning it up in beer gardens while revising for my last-ever exam. Fun times ahead.

:hmmm: I'm doing quite a lot this summer but I've got just under 4 months off uni :gonk: which is farrrr too long I think.
I have my exams next week and as soon as they're over I'm out that Friday night to get in a terrible state and have a horrible hangover all Saturday. Can't wait. After that, I have a couple of weeks hanging around in Leeds to spend some last time with my friends before we all bugger off back to where we came from for summer.
On the 11th of June I'm heading away for a couple of weeks on a mini trip around Europe which I'm so excited for.
Then I'm off back down south for 2 1/2 months when I don't have a lot planned - I'm hopefully off to London for a couple of days with one of my friends from back down south to do some touristy stuff since I've never been. Also I'm off to Leeds festival and I can't wait :ohoho: some of my favourite bands are playing that which should be awesome.
i applied for a part time job over the summer, heard nothing back yet but if I don't get it it won't be much of a problem. I don't need the money I just wanted something to pass the time. I also really want to learn to drive in my time off and maybe start going to the gym or for runs, because when I come back to uni in September I really want to start playing hockey again without my bones/joints failing on me :gonk:
so yeah, a fair bit planned... But such a long summer holiday!

We'll be going up north the end of this month after my birthday for Memorial day weekend. I'll spend the three day weekend drinking, hanging out with my fam, speed boating, and sunning myself out on the pier on the lake. It won't be anything fancy or out of state like my trip to Florida last year, but it will be nice to get out of suburbia for a bit where the air is really clean and where it's generally quiet. If I end up finding a decent job this summer I really want to visit my auntie in Kentucky for a week, but that might have to wait until next year :(Other than that I'll be laying out and I'll probably do some gardening and reading....not too much else.

Exams, Graduate, Work and that's about it :(.

Oh, I forgot backstage tickets for Download Festival with some huge bands playing - Lineup - and potentially the Friday of Reading festival. @Toshiya i'm not sure which day that is for Leeds fest but i'm talking about the Green Day day. That mainstage is incredible!

I think il likely be working most of the summer unfortunately. I was at the bank yesterday an ive almost got everything sorted with my house mortgage and my loan.
Once i get the money im gunna start booking some hotels and flights. Im gunna do a bit of travelling but it wont be right away. I dont wanna use that money for spending so i need to get working and save that way. Its not big deal though because i still get the weekends free so i can still enjoy myself. When your not in education your most likely gunna be working because you dont get all that time off you do in school or uni. Here in Scotland summer can be pretty unstable. Your never really sure what days are gunna be nice and sunny or whooring down with rain.

Ideally, I would be working. I'm actually feeling rather positive I will have a job by summer, so. :monster: Regardless of whether I'm working or not, however, I will be spending much of my free time with my fiance and our little man. Going out for walks, going to the park, going down to the bay... Going to the cinema to see Pacific Rim (This I am very much looking forwards to. :wacky: ) and hanging out with some friends.

If I'm not in work come summer, then looking for work will also be on that list. But I don't see that being the case. :monster:

Last summer was pretty awesome, and I plan on having a much better one this year. :D

Back