Announcements Server move/Downtime

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why but every time I click on the: Final Fantasy Forums
link at the top to go back to the main forum page it keeps coming up with:

Is anyone else getting this?

I was getting that on Ryan's skin and on FFForumsfixed skin. I switched to the default skin and I'm not getting it anymore. Are you getting it on the default skin as well? :hmmm:

I was getting that on Ryan's skin and on FFForumsfixed skin. I switched to the default skin and I'm not getting it anymore. Are you getting it on the default skin as well? :hmmm:

I just changed to the default and it works and shows the SB and what not that was missing from the FFForumsfixed skin.

Thanks for that. I wouldn't have even thought of doing that before.

Saves me constantly getting that error page for the moment. =D

likeing the new design :) one thing.... when u first go on after the change it's going on the default theme :)

I don't see memcache, xcache etc. anywhere on the phpinfo (go to finalfantasyforums.net/phpinfo.php to see - that page should work for your IP). Is one of those needed for vboptimise to work?
Not required, but strongly recommended. For now, please CHMOD the folder vboptimise/filecache to 0777 so we can at least get vBO up and running :)

Hmm, in settings I see how you can edit the default top X number, but I don't see anything about it being expdandable.

To DBtech - is that possible?
Nay, though it's something we'll look into for a future version (yeah standard reply there, sue me xD)

Btw LG; I hope you don't mind, I took the liberty of changing the default shout area location in the SB settings cause most people seemed to prefer it above the shouts like the old IShout had, and also enabled logging for an additional staff command that was missing.

p.s. everyone we can now change which top 5 stats we want to see by using the little drop-down windows...if we can ever see beyond top 5 I want to lol at "top infractions points" :wacky:

hey two things.... i'm not getting the top 5 stats latest news my post count etc on the top of the page also I can't see the shout box on the home page :(

Oh, something I just realised.

On the welcome board:

» You have 13,182 Posts and 1 Threads.

And yet, if you click on "top threadmakers" it still shows 900+ (or whatever ridiculous number I have) yet, it doesn't show how many threads I, or anyone else for that matter, have made anywhere else... which is odd. :lew:

p.s. everyone we can now change which top 5 stats we want to see by using the little drop-down windows...if we can ever see beyond top 5 I want to lol at "top infractions points" :wacky:

There's a spambot with like 101 infraction points or something. :wacky:

Now this is weird, I can access every page on FFF just fine... apart from the main homepage O_O

Edit: No wait. NOW I can access the homepage just fine again. :lew:

There's a spambot with like 101 infraction points or something. :wacky:

That spambot is HARDCORE.

Anyway, I can easily see where people being able to view infractions and rep like that would be a problem.

Also, for the spambot problem, how about adding in not only the captcha, but one of those little question things that some sites have. Such as "What is 5+5?"

That'll be sure to keep more spambots out than a chick going to an all male gay bar. :mokken:

Assless chaps indeed. :wacky:

Site downtime just now was caused by high load, probably the shoutbox. I messed around with some settings and made the auto-refresh rate slower.

Belazor, any settings suggestions for optimizing the shoutbox?
I get it if I click your link, Kandy, but otherwise, it works perfectly for me.
I created a redirect so index.html so act like index.php now.
Not required, but strongly recommended. For now, please CHMOD the folder vboptimise/filecache to 0777 so we can at least get vBO up and running :)
That folder didn't exist, I created it and changed the settings. System test still says "vB Optimise is currently offline. Please enable and configure vB Optimise to run a system test." though.
Now this is weird, I can access every page on FFF just fine... apart from the main homepage O_O

Edit: No wait. NOW I can access the homepage just fine again. :lew:
That was just me messing with stuff :)

Ur right worked on default because switched to it when I logged in on my android device and everything is there :D

i can see things like targets and achivments in the top box... are these new features and if so how do these work?? :D

Site downtime just now was caused by high load, probably the shoutbox. I messed around with some settings and made the auto-refresh rate slower.

Belazor, any settings suggestions for optimizing the shoutbox?
I believe the settings as-is is correct, we'll see what happens now, though :p

@ Everyone: We've just completed moving the site over to the DragonByte server :)

I do believe everything should be correctly configured now (including the RPG, though the directors will probably want to customise it) - except for Triad, someone still needs to create decks.

I will now begin work on updating the skins :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back