Announcements Server move/Downtime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, it took me time to get around to it, but I got that PMed off to you. I'll probably be going offline soon for the night, even though it is just 7:25 PM here, I want to have some time for video gaming and so forth before bed time, and hopefully some more stuff will be worked out by the time I get online tomorrow. :hmmm:

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll try exporting without those tables later using --ignore-table=.

The hook being called on 1091 is from Global Initialisation #2 from vbshout.

For the forumonadmin.php panel, does one have to be an admin in addition to being Forumon manager in order to view it?
Did you configure it to use an opcode cacher? If you don't have one on your new server yet (I strongly recommend Memcached) you can use the Filecache cacher (provided you CHMOD'ed the directory it wants) as a temporary measure.
No, that setting says 'None', although it lists a bunch of options. How do I know if those are installed?

Me :(

Yeah, but he's asleep at the moment, the lazy bastard xD
Ah - I didn't have the 'Can view Shoutbox' column set properly :)

I've added you as a tech admin with settings, styles and languages permissions now too :)
Sorry to be a grouch. But I liked the old mood icons better. Blah looked different. Now its just an orange face. :neomon:
Good ole Koloth can always be counted on for the complaints about random stuff :mrgreen: That's our boy fo' sho.

CW wasn't able to access the Forumonadmin panel until I added him as an admin, even though the RPG Director group was set with Forumon Manager permissions. Is there a way to have RPG Directors get access to the Forumonadmin without making them admins?

Right I finally got on. This has been terrible all day. Dont know what was up but it is great to see the site back up and all. Going to browse the new stuff in a sec. It feels weird atm xD

CW wasn't able to access the Forumonadmin panel until I added him as an admin, even though the RPG Director group was set with Forumon Manager permissions. Is there a way to have RPG Directors get access to the Forumonadmin without making them admins?
Did he say what type of permissions error he got? vBulletin one or my custom one?

Cause it's intended that they need no specail powers in order to access it, just forumon manager...

The hook being called on 1091 is from Global Initialisation #2 from vbshout.
It appears to be working now though, I get a notice about your RPG gaiz not having set up any Starter Monsters yet :wacky:

No, that setting says 'None', although it lists a bunch of options. How do I know if those are installed?
Check your phpinfo() :)

Ah - I didn't have the 'Can view Shoutbox' column set properly :)
There we go, all sorted now :D I sees it as well :)

I've added you as a tech admin with settings, styles and languages permissions now too :)
Good shii~, I'll get it sorted as soon as you give the word that the move is complete (so I don't end up doing work after you've backed anything up or something :p

To everyone - the Triple Triad and Forumon links can be found on your navbars (by your User CP/Quick Links). The Forumon currently isn't working however.

Alyss, Strange that you say teh SB disappears for you when logged on, but appears when logged off. Perhaps DBTech will know what's going on.

I think the issues with the What's Going On (two color codes, no spacing) predate the upgrade, but I am not sure. Perhaps someone can confirm or deny that?

Crimson Wolf, I will PM you my login for the dragonbyte-tech forum so you can contact them if you have any issues.

You probably already know this but the Triple Triad isn't totally complete, you haven't added packs for people to buy so they can start collecting and battling. the database is there with all the cards but that's about it.

It looks pretty much the same as it did in one of the earlier versions of VB...

Hmm...that's enough bitching from me lol.....I eagerly anticipate when you have the TT and foromon complete and ready for use:)

(Thanks for all your hard work with the RPG by the way guys)

It appears to be working now though, I get a notice about your RPG gaiz not having set up any Starter Monsters yet :wacky:

It appears to be impossible to create any so long as no image will appear for the hex code for the part colours has nothing displayed to apply them to, so apparently some image displaying issues in Forumon RPG need to be sorted out, can't do much with it failing to show any images... :hmmm:

Wondering how this TTgil works. See if a post effects it.

and yes it does.

Been trying to figure out how to buy a deck so I can actually play. But it doesn't seem to work for me.

The staff will just have to pay more attention to the posts, people might start mass-spam posting to get TTgil soon as everything's up and running...i hope not, but still...possibility.

The staff will just have to pay more attention to the posts, people might start mass-spam posting to get TTgil soon as everything's up and running...i hope not, but still...possibility.

I think that'll mostly be an issue with new members, but it's pretty much like the RPG before the upgrade where they'd start mass spamming for access rather than TTgil.

Nah those features will be updates, no extra payment required.

He purchased a Lifetime licence, so all future updates (major and minor) will be forever free for him to update to :)

Aye we will be working on adding all the features we feel are missing, and many of the elements found in RPG Inferno should be returning, albeit in a much improved form :D
I believe a "welcome back" is in order? :wacky:

Yep, I'm getting that too.

There's also a box for 'Tags' at the end of every page on every thread... not sure what that's for. xD
I can see:

and hide yo husbands, dammit jesse, hide ya kids, hide ya wife, moustache, no country for told men
11x11progress.gif

and I fucking lol'd at the reference to that video...HIDO YO KIDS

Sorry to be a grouch. But I liked the old mood icons better. Blah looked different. Now its just an orange face. :neomon:
You grouch :lew:

Problems I've noticed:

1) Profile; there is no avatar, signature, profile picture, referrals, usernotes or links to my last posts (etc) on the FFF (Fixed) and Mercurial Skins.

2) No shoutbox or welcome panel on those skins

3) Usernames are clumped together in one massive word on username list

4) Margins/tables are not sitting properly when you try to post (the box you type in)

That's all I've noticed.

This technically isn't a 'problem' but is it possible to give members back permission to edit their own shouts in the SB?

Is there any way to stop the wave of spambots? I know we had the odd one or two before the server move / upgrade, but we've had about 30 in under a day so far. D:

The DB move has been completed.

Over the next couple weeks, please let me know how the speed of the site is. If it's still slow then I'll move servers again, but that move should be pretty easy since there would be no upgrade involved.
Did he say what type of permissions error he got? vBulletin one or my custom one?
He was saying it told him he did not have access to the page. I've edited and he's not an admin anymore.

CW, if you can't access it anymore, can you post a screenshot of the error you get?
Check your phpinfo() :)
I don't see memcache, xcache etc. anywhere on the phpinfo (go to finalfantasyforums.net/phpinfo.php to see - that page should work for your IP). Is one of those needed for vboptimise to work?

Is there any way to stop the wave of spambots? I know we had the odd one or two before the server move / upgrade, but we've had about 30 in under a day so far. D:
Looks like human verification was disabled! I've enabled recaptcha, so that should be better now. If people have issues registering let me know.

Looks like human verification was disabled! I've enabled recaptcha, so that should be better now. If people have issues registering let me know.

Cheers LG, I've gone through about three pages of "members" in the members list that have all been spambots :lew:

Quick question though. Will the statistics table be fixed so we'll be able to see the top 50 with a click, or will we be limited to the top 5?

Cheers LG, I've gone through about three pages of "members" in the members list that have all been spambots :lew:

Quick question though. Will the statistics table be fixed so we'll be able to see the top 50 with a click, or will we be limited to the top 5?
Hmm, in settings I see how you can edit the default top X number, but I don't see anything about it being expdandable.

To DBtech - is that possible?

Everything is going very fine. I think it is because the Move is finally complete xD. Well thanks Lord Golbez! :yay: Also I second whart Ryan said. Is it in anyway possible that we can edit our shouts again in the sb? D=

I don't know why but every time I click on the: Final Fantasy Forums
link at the top to go back to the main forum page it keeps coming up with:
Not Found

The requested URL /index.html was not found on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/2.0.63 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.0.63 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.finalfantasyforums.net Port 80

Is anyone else getting this?

I get it if I click your link, Kandy, but otherwise, it works perfectly for me.

Edit: LG, it still seems like every new member is a bot, although they're not appearing at the rapid speed they were yesterday, so it may be that these are the "smart" ones, ie, the ones we normally get :lew:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back