Build-A-Member
Mogrinch
FFXIV
Mitsuki Calei
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Free Company
Gaia
You all ready for another event that may just give that memorable closure for everyone this year?! The time for giving and having this oppportunity to show a little appreciation to your fellow members is here! I present to you...Secret Santa Gift Exchange! I'm assuming everyone is familiar with basic concept of a Secret Santa. Here's how this particular forum event will work.

All the participants' names are placed into a "hat" and mixed up. I will manage this end and PM everyone the member that they are assigned to accordingly. Everyone must not tell anyone which member they are assigned to! Remember, most of the fun is in the secrecy. You are now the "Secret Santa" and your responsibility is to give the member gifts!

When all the "gifts" are PMed to me (they don't indicate who it's from), I will make another thread and post all the gifts for everyone to see. This means that all participants will read and know what everyone received. I will then make another thread titled, "Guess Your Secret Santa" and depending on the number of participants, I may allow up to 3 guesses maximum. There is no penalty for guessing wrong. But I will list the names of those who guessed right along with some rep points. (Sorry for those who were expecting cash!)

------

Gifts? How does that work?

Quite simple. There is a "required gift" that is to be given and received by all participants, and that is to write a small letter to the member. The letter must be appropriate and friendly-based, even if for some reason and maybe a twist of fate, you do not get along too well with that person. You may not reveal who you are in the letter, but can give out small hints if you wish. The letter should have at least 5 sentences for the sake of clarity. You may write more than 5 sentences if you want. An example would be:

Dear Mitsuki,

Thank you for helping me out with various problems and issues I had a few months ago. Although you did not answer some of my questions and was quite circuitous with the matter at hand, I appreciate the fact that you tried. You don't know me very well since we hardly speak in the SB, but I admired you from afar and...
Yeah okay, you get the gist! :awesome: Ahem, let's continue.

If I feel that your letter reveals too much about your identity or may be a tad bit inappropriate, I will let you know right away so you can make some changes.

Wish List

Now that we've covered the "required gift" (letter), members also have the option of making a wish list! When you sign-up here, simply state what you want your Secret Santa to send you along with the letter. Keep in mind though, the Secret Santa is not required to fulfill any of your wishes! But just in any case you get an awesome Secret Santa, you may wish for anything reasonable. Few suggestions:

• Gifts in any form of art. (Signatures, Avatars, Drawings, Sketches)
  • Short poem or any funny story
  • Voice clips (I will put together a video on youtube. Contact me if you are going to do this so I can give you my e-mail.)
So for instance, if a member has a Star Wars signature or avatar as one of his/her wish list, but the Secret Santa is not a GFX artist, he or she can go make a request (in secrecy of course!) from one of our GFX artists around here. (Don't forget to give credit). Same applies to drawings and sketches, or Secret Santas can try their best and attempt to make a drawing. Afterall, it's the thought that counts! ;)

You are more than welcome to do more than what the member requested in the wish list, it's your call. (You can double-check with me via PM if you are unsure about certain gifts). Should you choose to take this route, you will be admitted to the Super Santas list for going above and beyond of what's expected!

------

Now remember, everyone who is participating should be giving and receiving something. If you are going to join, please make sure that you meet the above expectations. You don't want to leave anyone out for Christmas! But if for some reason you failed to give the member you are assigned to the "required gift" (letter), I will announce towards the end who the Failed Secret Santas are! I will then act as Santa's Elf and do your job.

Deadline to submit your gifts to me is Sunday, December 19, 2010, but this may change. I'll follow-up with any announcements. For now, let's proceed to the sign-ups. It'll last for a few days (or at least when I receive a decent amount of participants). So don't wait too long, grab your spot!

Last edited:
Participants

Channy
Jay
Martel
Joey
Kelly
Lew
Rinoalover
Char
Jess
Arcasia
Dan
Crimson Wolf
Sexy Beast
Shu
OliverSKX
Ringo
Estrella
Sakura
Nexas
Stevie Nicks
Coco
Cali

Last edited:
Wish List

Channy - Voice clip or any kind of signature
Jay - Signature featuring Revolverheld
Martel - Signature of Leanne from Resonance of Fate
Joey - Signature of Coheed and Cambria
Lew - Cartoon-style drawing
Char - Any kind of signature
Jess - Whichever
Arcasia - Any kind of graphics
Dan - Whichever
Crimson Wolf - Signature of Mondschein
Sexy Beast - Eyeshine (band) or Johnny Yong Bosch related
Ringo - Voice Clip or :ugh: fanart
Estrella - Voice clip or fanart of herself
Sakura - Voice Clip
Nexas - Signature of Lightning from Dissidia Duodecim
Coco - Any kind of set and/or Voice Clip
Mark - Whichever
Cali - Signature of Clerith
Shu - Voice Clip

Last edited:
FIRST.

I've never been a part of one of these before.

Aaaand my request is just a voiceclip if possible.. if not then maybe a siggy pertaining to me in someway?

Last edited:
Participating.

He/She can do whichever he/she wants for the extra gift. But what I'd really like is a signature featuring German band Revolverheld and also fits into the forum signature limits. :gasp: Animation and transparency are allowed.

*grabs spot* This sounds like it could be fun ♥
For my request...a signature of Leanne from Resonance of Fate?

Sure, this sounds like fun. Count me in.

I wouldn't mind getting all of the above, but I would REALLY like a sig featuring the band Coheed and Cambria.

Sign me up!

Not fussy about the gift :andry:

Though I would liek a macaroni pie :sad3:

I wanna join! -Puts up hand-

As for a wish... :hmmm:

I don't really want anything. A letter is enough. ^^

<3

Just so my Secret Santa knows, I'm a dude. :mokken:

I'll do it

I'd like a sig please :monster: of... err... anything you think would be good for me :mokken:

Sign me up too I suppose. :lew:

I'm not too picky, give me whatever. :3

Kelly said:
Not fussy about the gift
pinksmile.png

So does that mean I don't put you down on the Wish List or...? :hmmm: (I almost said Watch List lol)

Try to specify whether you have a Wish List or not, guys (and specify what it is you want) just to avoid confusion. :)

I felt bad that I didn't participate in White Elephant, which was more active this year. :hmph:!

So I'll join this instead. :ryan: The gift doesn't matter to me, I'll take anything.

I'll be participating in this festive activity on the forums as well, 'tis the season and all. :P

This is a very good idea for something fun to do for at Christmas time, it is the season of giving, we can all get stuff from each other like this.

As for my wish list, hm... Even though it would be kinda really epic to have an Anime style picture of my Crimson Wolf ( http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj27/ssbmaster_X/Crimson_Wolf.jpg?t=1291927917 ) character made just for me, I won't be expecting something that big too much, so I'll list something more reasonable as an available alternative.

I've only ever used this one signature pic when using this username, one of the reasons I get so tempted to change from this name is to have a change of signature image.

That being said, even though it is only necessary to send a gift letter, I would be very grateful if I were to receive a signature of, nope, not my Crimson Wolf character, but my newest character creation, whose bio is still a work in progress (though I'm basically set on what I want to type up for it); Mondschein.

Fyi, Mondschein (pronounced mond-shine) means Moonlight in German. But the character is by no means of that nationality, it merely seemed the best fitting to be used for a character's name of any of the translations of Moonlight in another language. :awesome:

I shouldn't get too specific with the details, but showing what the character looks like would help a little. xD

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj27/ssbmaster_X/Mondschein.jpg?t=1291930616 < A picture of the character put to a background (a cool, dark, moonlit one I might add).

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj27/ssbmaster_X/MondscheinClose-up.png?t=1291930705 < A picture of the character closer up, the background being just blue, blank basically, nothing to distract from the character (who is in the same position in the image).

And credit for the images goes to AylaStarDragon at FA (Fur Affinity).

The name on the sig should be Mondschein, since it is of that character, being that it is a character of my own creation should be fine for me to use it even with the username of Crimson Wolf. xD

But either one of these is probably too much, I'm just listing for the sake of being one of the contributors to the wish list. :monster:

Last edited:
I'll sign up. I request either a voice clip, or the most badass fanart (or fanfiction) involving :ugh:. Make it so. :mokken:

Back