Do you look your age?

For me it varies, I am 21. It's amazing how much of a difference facial hair can be. If I shave it off I look like I'm 15-17, if I let it grow out a bit I look at least 30. Ironically I am right in the middle of that, so it seems as though I can never win. :( I remember getting pulled over one time the officer was wondering where my experienced driver was at, since you need an experienced driver to drive with you legally until you turn atleast 18 here and get your license.

Apparently I didn't used look my age. When I was 16 I went to a restaurant with my family and apparently at the time I looked old enough that the waitress asked if I wanted a drink. (as in an alcoholic drink) She was shocked when I told her I was only 16. lol But when I was younger it was my height that really made me look older.

I think that I look more my age now. Height still plays a factor, but now it's really all in how I dress.

Hmm, I'm 18 (19 in August) and my mum says I look 20. Right on, right <3

[Mod Edit: Can you please elaborate a little more in post count sections. Thanks. =)]

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't look my age. People tell me I look MUCH younger. For awhile that used to bug me, because when you are young you always want to look older and etc...

Nowadays I'm happy about it. I get carded any time I buy alcohol and it totally doesn't bother me. People ask me how old I am because they are surprised that I'm practically an RN at work and I look like I'm 18. By the time I hit 60 or so I'll really be loving it because I figure I'll be looking like I'm 50 or so which will be nice :awesome:

I'm 17 and will be 18 in a few months. Currently I do look my age as my style is more young ish and I don't wear makeup that makes me look older. When I was 14-15 most people guessed that I was 18 or 20 and such. The clothes and the makeup I wore also made me look older. When I was 15 I went to a hotel with my parents and a waitress almost served me alcohol and I'm like "I'm 15" and she's like "oh sorry, you just looked like you were 18".

I've always been told I look younger than my age. When I was in high school, I was always told that I looked 12. Now that I'm in my 20's, people tell me I look like I'm 18 or 19. I suppose it's a good thing though. I'd rather look younger than my age than older. xD

My diminutive height does a lot to contribute towards my resemblance to a 14 year old. At least that's kind of what I gathered from other people and I am inclined to agree. So in other words I look like a kid, even though I've reached the age of adulthood. I know when I was in my university interviews, I felt rather out of place because my peers looked older than their actual age while I looked like a high school student.

Here's to many more years of being asked for ID then, which will be fun. I've had one fluke of an occasion when I wasn't IDed, and that won't last. Give me 10 more years at least and I may look passable as an 18 year old. Oh well, it's good to look young I suppose. I do sometimes wish I were taller, but being small has its charms as well.

I'm told I look about 14 or 15, which, being 18, isn't the greatest thing. :wacky:

I'm tall, so it isn't that, but I tend to have that thinner form kids in early puberty go through before they settle on a certain body type. My acne's cleared up lately, and I don't really get much facial hair, so I tend to shave it all off, leaving me with a bit of a natural babyface. It also doesn't help that my voice never really deepened.

When I was younger I was quite tall (and I still am) but back then people would think I was a couple of years older.

Now I'm just an average looking 20 year old... :mokken:

Damn, 20... that sounds awful. :sad3:

My diminutive height does a lot to contribute towards my resemblance to a 14 year old.

This :sad3:

However, once people look closely, I generally get told I look a couple of years older, which is pretty good. Apparently my face etc makes me look older. That and I've been dying my hair for years.
I can actually get served in pubs without ID, although I don't push my luck with that :wacky:

I hope I don't look older all my life though, once I'm in my 20s I want it to be the other way round :mokken:

Well, there's one exception to the 'I look older' thing. If I'm in either of my cadet uniforms I get told I look really young, mainly because the uniform is so shapeless and it's hard to tell anyone's age when they've got their hair scraped back into a bun and are wearing a beret :wacky: But yeah, I don't look like that very often so :8F:

Since I was around 12, people have always thought I looked 2 or 3 years older. It's probably the mustache :santa:. I actually enjoy being thought of as a couple years older because most people assume I'm more mature. I also didn't have to worry about events like Freshmen Friday. When I help out at my parents restaurant, it always feels nicer for me to be thought of as a college student rather than a highschool student (I think it looks better to have an older person making your food). Though once I'm older, I would probably want to look a few years younger.

I most certainly do not, though the age I DO look depends on what I wear.

To adults and people my age, I appear (on average) to be 16 or 17. I'm rather short and have a youngish looking face, possibly because I smile a lot... I doubt my self-consciousness helps, either.

However, when I wear smart clothing, people my age and younger than me have thought I am about 24/25. When I was 17, a friend of mine thought I was in my 20s because I wore clothing aimed at adults like smart skirts, smart tops and cardigans, as opposed to jeans with a basic, fashionable top. My style has changed a lot since then, but I do still wear smart tops occasionally.

I always used to look quite young'ish, and I think because I've been shy I always used to look young in that sense too.

I'm starting to look a bit older now, but it depends on the situation, and on how much confidence I happen to posses in that situation. You always look older when you are more confident and self-assured.

When taking the bus / walking around in a general sense / not places where people would know me, I still get called a kid or a young lad quite a lot. I'm not sure if that is still normal for someone my age, or if I should be worried that I still look younger. :argor:

In other situations I've been mistaken for being older than I am... I remember that I was lucky to see War of the Worlds (the Jeff Wayne musical version) live last year. There was a lady next to me who I heard mention to her friend (paraphrased) "look around and you can tell that nobody here is under 30!" - a general comment I think on how the youth of today probably wouldn't appreciate War of the Worlds, yet people who are older do... I'd have been 21 at the time, not 30. Whether she'd really seen me or not I actually took that as a compliment. I'm at the stage now where I do not want to be regarded as a teenager so 30 is not a bad age to be for a man.

When I am clean-shaven I guess I look around 17 or 16, I have quite a young face. I always get ID'd when I have no fur. If I have a beard I guess I look my age, everyone looks older with facial hair, and I never get ID'd with it. It was much worse a year ago, this year I have started what my mother calls 'growing into your face'. When I was cleanshaven a year ago I looked 15 or 14, and was once asked by a teacher "are you Handsome McPrettyface's younger brother?"

i suppose i have a wee bit of a baby face but since im a fat lazy cunt most of the time im not clean shaven so i look older i think.

also im quite tall and like the side of a house. i dont usually get ID'd and it semi annoys me when they say "i know you're over 18 but..." well if you fucking know why are you bothering to check :hmph: unless they just want my address but that is entirely unlikely because the babes dont want the jolly green obese giant :hmph:

Someone said i looked about 26/7 the other day, I was OUTRAGED

No one has ever said I look that old EVER

I was in Nandos the other day with the kid though, and these people were just blatantly staring, and you just know its becuase they are trying to work out how old i was when I had her. IM ALMOST 30 YOU CUNTS

Id quite like to always look young, but I think ive always looked too young, and to an extent I think it affects how people behave around me as they just assume im a young un, when in reality, im a cynical old git

I do not look my age at all.

I am 22 and I think people see me as a 16 yr old or something. I always get asked for ID when out drinking which is bothersome because then I have to rummage through my bag to find the darn thing. I don't mind looking young though, it just means when I am older i will still look youthful (hopefully)

No :sad3:
I have always looked older for my age until I was about 12, where I suddenly just stayed looking like a 12 year old. So now I do look younger for my age :sad3: But people say I'm evening out and that now I look more my age. Which is very good :grin:

I look older than my age. It's because since a very young age (7) I've had a mix of white and black hair. Also add in the fact that I've always been taller than normal people my age, People would ask how old I was and be shocked at my response. I probably looked like an adult that got left back in Elementary school, but I was actually the same age as, if not younger than the rest.

Hell no. I'm 24 years old, almost 25- but look at my profile pic. I barely look 19 lol.
I'm just now being able to get cigarettes without being ID'd. Probably won't be able to do it with alcohol till I'm 30 :D

Back