What cheered you up today?

It was my first Saturday off work since February, but it feels like forever since then though. I've been able to spend time with my family with the pub lunch and Chinese takeout later on. I'm not particularly looking forward to work tomorrow, but I'm quite content with the day I've had.

I removed everything stored in an extra room and moved all my stuff in there. The air is cleaner, its a cooler environment and due to everything being better organized seems like I have more space to work with.

Basically, there are no emissions laws here. A lot of people remove their catalytic converters(believing they'll improve gas mileage which is true of older vehicles) and spew noxious fumes everywhere. :elmo:

It wasn't an issue, before. But, because they expanded the roads here there's a lot more traffic than there used to be and its much more noticeable.

Getting my hair cut. It's amazing how little changes to appearance can make you feel so much more confident and happier. I got a little bit off the length and a fringe cut in; it looks cuter than before. I might get it a darker colour though, because it makes the red look more orangey somehow in the light. :/ Hmm. We will see, I suppose. I'm going to have to do it non permanent for a bit, at least until I decide to make a commitment in what colour I want. :)

this shadow priest hit me with a 30k mind blast and killed me

so i ressed, walked over to him and fucked his shit up in a reckstorm of cc and ludicrous damage. fuckin bastard shadow priests, wannabe mages :monster:

Sunbathing cheered me up today. The weather is decent for once here in the UK, so I'm trying to make what I can out of it. Sat in some random field with a friend and ate lunch, chatting about stuff. Going for a run in a few hours once it's a wee bit cooler. I hope it stays like this for a week or two, because my boyfriend is coming down so it'll be nice for it to be summery while he's here. :)

My boyfriend and I just had our one year anniversary last Saturday, and we're still in this wonderful haze after that. All cute and cuddly (which we're that way most of the time anyway, but more so right now ^_^). Relationships like this one remind me why I works so hard at them. It's amazing to have someone that you sync with.

I had a good sleep after 9 hours in the graveyard shift. Refreshing, I may look like a mess now, which can be easily patched up with a shower and a shave but I feel good after another 9 hours of sleep. :ryan: I wish I could go for some more sleep.

I've had an incredible tough year so far, possibly the worst I've ever had. My parents have both had health problems, I've been in the middle of family feuds, lost a friend and my dad died only to come back. But whilst I was with him today and we talked some things over, he told me I was his rock. To be in the position I'm currently in is very difficult, but to hear that has redeemed my hope that the future is looking bright. For me, it's the little things that do it more than the big ones.

I feel like I'm making progress. Not as much as I should be making. But, things are getting done and it feels good. :ness:

Food. Honestly, that's what made my day today.
I eat like a pig during my
month of ovaries committing suicide
So yeah, I just ate a lot, what ever I was offered, what ever I could get my hands on, etc.
I can't wait for these 5 days to be over though, I feel like such a bloated beached whale. Poor things.
Ugh.

Getting to go to work oddly enough. This has been a very slow week and actually getting to DO something was very stress relieving. Sad that I only work 3 days a week. :hmmm:

that england won the football match for once :yay: also that my brother doesn't need his operation now :)

My Midol not working :hmph:

No but seriously, what cheered me up to day was sitting around with my sisters, eating chocolate cake [THANK YOU MOM:cali:] and watching movies :sad3: I hate periods, I hate them. You just wanna lay down and pretty much do nothing and nothing makes you feel better.

But chocolate.

I bought a real cool jacket. And I thought it was some ridiculous price, but I liked it so much I had to get it, so I walked up to the counter feeling all depressed that I was about to waste so much money on something I didn't really need and then when the lady scanned it it was on sale and had $30 off :D

I was much happier after this happened and it brightened my day!

Watching Morgan and West, two magicians at the Edinburgh Festival! :yay: We've only seen a few shows this year but thye've all been excellent! :) Stewart Lee, Neil Gaiman and Chris Riddell, The Rabbit and the Rose, The Showstoppers (an improvised musical, which I have now seen twice and, of course, it's been entirely different each time!)

Morgan and West were absolutely excellent! Witty and clever, with some Derren Brown-type tricks. :) Some still baffle me... In their final trick, they made roughly 100 red balls fall out of their hat... At first, the balls fell directly down out of the hat, then flew up as 'Mr. West' turned the hat upsidedown. :lew: They also did a card trick, made apples appear out of shoes (another one which baffled me), 'found' knuts and cogs in Mr. Morgan's clothing and ears... The two were excellent actors! =)

This youtube channel. That girl has one really unique and nice voice to listen to.

This is the video I discovered the channel by; it's excellent:

My brothers returned with a load of junk food last night, so our fridge + freezer was packed. I had to finish off the pineapple sherbet just to make room. :)

My dad. I had a really hard time tonight. He's always there for me, and I can always count on him to make sense out of everything. Not to mention shower me with his realism when I'm stuck in cynical times.

We had tea and cookies after.

Back