Build-A-Member
Mogrinch
FFXIV
Mitsuki Calei
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Free Company
Gaia
Long rumored and much anticipated, The Elder Scrolls Online is finally being unveiled in the June issue of Game Informer. In this month's cover story we journey across the entire land of Tamriel, from Elsweyr to Skyrim and everywhere in between.

Developed by the team at Zenimax Online Studios, The Elder Scrolls Online merges the unmatched exploration of rich worlds that the franchise is known for with the scale and social aspects of a massively multiplayer online role-playing game. Players will discover an entirely new chapter of Elder Scrolls history in this ambitious world, set a millennium before the events of Skyrim as the daedric prince Molag Bal tries to pull all of Tamriel into his demonic realm.

"It will be extremely rewarding finally to unveil what we have been developing the last several years," said game director and MMO veteran Matt Firor, whose previous work includes Mythic's well-received Dark Age of Camelot. "The entire team is committed to creating the best MMO ever made – and one that is worthy of The Elder Scrolls franchise."

An in-depth look at everything from solo questing to public dungeons awaits in our enormous June cover story – as well as a peek at the player-driven PvP conflict that pits the three player factions against each other in open-world warfare over the province of Cyrodiil and the Emperor's throne itself.

Come back tomorrow morning for a brief teaser trailer from Zenimax Online and Bethesda Softworks, and later on in the afternoon for the first screenshot of the game. Over the course of the month, be sure to visit our Elder Scrolls Online hub, which will feature new exclusive content multiple times each week. You'll meet the three player factions, see video interviews with the creative leads, and much more.

The Elder Scrolls Online is scheduled to come out in 2013 for both PC and Macintosh.

Link: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featur...ls-online.aspx

....Ohhhhh my God.

I was just mentioning to Vikki and Ringo the other day how much I'd LOVE if this happened and now this comes along. I just...wow. The fact that they're including the entirety of Tamriel is just an insane feat. We'll be getting Morrowind, Cyrodil, Skyrim, Hammerfell, Black Marsh, High Rock, Elsweyr, the Summerset Isles and Valenwood. A few of these are areas we haven't even SEEN before.

This might also explain why base height maps for other regions are present in Skyrims data files. Either way....this is going to be quite the game when it's eventually released. And they must have been working on it for quite some time if it'll be coming out next year. I just hope it's a single payment or free to play as opposed to subscription based. XD Either way, really looking forward to this.

Rumour – The Elder Scrolls Online GI leak details questing, PvP, combat, and more

What appears to be the upcoming GameInformer cover story on The Elder Scrolls Online has leaked into the wild, outing a huge pile of new information.

20120504tesonline.jpg

The 19 page PDF looks to be pulled from the digital issue for June, and includes screenshots, artwork, and oodles of new intel.

“What happens when hundreds or thousands of prophesised heroes all think that they should be emperor?” the feature asks in discussing the game’s plot, which has the Tharn family making a pact with Minnimarco in order to re-establish Imperial dominance. Minnimarco’s alliance with Molag Bal explains the player’s ability to be resurrected over and over again.

According to the document, players can join every guild in the game, with the Fighters, Thieves and Mages Guild mentioned specifically, and will be able to learn a “far broader” set of skills than ever before. Reaching the level cap is said to take about 120 hours.

An emphasis on stamina management seems to be key to combat, although skilful fighting increases a player’s “finesse”, which is then used to unleash an “ultimate” attack and unlock more loot. Finesse can be built by combining attacks with fellow players. Enemies have access to the same skills as player characters.

The three factions mentioned in earlier leaks are linked to specific races, and each maintains large armies and seeks to expand its territories while remaining independent of the Imperials. Nords, Dunmer and Argonians hold the north and east as part of the Ebonheart Pact; Altmer, Bosmer and Khajiit make up the Aldmeri Dominion in the south east; while Bretons, Redguard and Orcs hold the north west as the Daggerfall Covenant. Environments are fully explorable, and the game world is said to be much, much larger than Skyrim’s. The article says Khajiit homeland Elsweyr and Altmer realm Summerser Isle are included, but that not every province will be available at launch – expansions are expected. Cyrodil is the main PvP realm.

The MMO is said to feature a levelling and quest system similar to single-player Elder Scrolls games, with a strong emphasis on small events, like the random encounters with bandits and villagers in the wilds of Skyrim. Zenimax Online is aiming for a “hubless” design, so players don’t have to be constantly running back to one or two towns for quests. One quest was detailed, involving an army of werewolves and a trip back into the past, in which a player can wipe out an entire family with the result that NPCs disappear from the game’s present.

Screens show a skeletal knight in an Alyeid ruin; a mage and a sworsdman battling a pair of storm atronachs outside a ruined fort; what seems to be the same pair fighting a weird and horrible plant thing in a mushroom filled cavern; a warrior chatting in a library; what seems to be an Ordinator; a swordsman fighting a flesh atronach; three characters attacking a flesh atronach; a female mage and warrior pair having a chat outside another Alyied ruin; one of those crab men things; and more.

The Elder Scrolls Online is expected to launch in 2013, on Mac and PC.

Thanks, Erthazus!

http://www.vg247.com/2012/05/04/rum...leak-details-questing-pvp-combat/#more-255867

The cartoony style they're going with it is kind of...odd...but it looks okay I guess. As long as the map is true to the previous games I'd get it regardless just to explore Tamriel.

[h=1]The Elder Scrolls Online gets announcement trailer[/h] ZeniMax Online has released a teaser video for The Elder Scrolls Online. The official website has also gone live as well but there’s not much there at the moment, only the announcement trailer. The site also points to the Game Informer hub for the game, which will include month-long exclusive coverage of the game. Last night, information from the June issue of GI leaked online via a PDF, and it included quote a bit of artwork and in-game screenshots. The long-rumored MMO is set for a release next year on Mac and PC and will be localized in English, French, and German.

http://www.vg247.com/2012/05/04/fir...sed-for-the-elder-scrolls-online/#more-256032

I honestly can't wait for this. I don't know why this is not liked so much, but The Elder Scrolls is one of my favorite RPG game series, so I am really gonna get this. I hope a beta or alpha will release over the summer. Though the cartoon graphics are okay, but Im pretty sure this will be an awesome game.

can't say I'm too keen on the idea.

I might give it a look, but with as good as skyrim has been looking, I really can't imagine TESO being a popular mmo. There are also a lot of companies throwing themselves at Blizzard and bashing their face into a door begging world of warcraft to die, and while SWTOR was a bit fun, their CS and game functionality can really remind you of the only things that Blizzard have ever done exceptionally well.

as far as content and game balance go, World of Warcraft is probably the worst that it has ever been since any significant effort was put toward. but despite that, the game runs the way it's supposed to, and for the past couple of years it's practically been bug-free, barring that one time you charged a mob and fell through the ground.

but the point is, the MMO market is a pretty rough crowd. if you want customers, you have to flexible, reliable and able to pull a motherlode of creative and artistic shit out of your ass like shoji meguro on a quarterly basis.

TESO might not be looking to become an MMO Giant, but I am a little dubious of it's success.

-Releasing 2013 for PC/Mac
-Developed by ZeniMax Online Studios
-MMORPG
-250 Person Team
-Started development in 2007
-"This time, saving the world from the awakening of ancient evil is only the beginning. What happens when hundreds or thousands of prophesied heroes all think that they should be Emperor?"
-The game is fully voice acted
-Third person perspective
-The game uses a hotbar to activate skills like other traditional MMOs
-Visually it looks like other Hero Engine MMOs like SWTOR
-The general art style is kind of like RIFT or Everquest 2
-You can't be a werewolf or vampire
-Crafting, alchemy, and soul stones will exist in an unrevealed form
-There will be Daedric Princes like Molag Bal, the primary antagonist, and Vaermina, "whose sphere of influence extends to the dream world and the nightmares of mortals", along with some unnamed others
-Constellations will be in the game a la Mundus stones (which work like guardian stones) and also give the answer to things like block puzzles where you step on the blocks in a certain order
-Tons of towns ranging from Imperial City, Windhelm, Daggerfall, Sentinel, Mournhold, Ebonheart, Elden Root, Shornhelm, Evermore, Riften, and a lot more
-Radiant AI will not be present
-There will be mounts, but no flying mounts
-Fast travel exists in the game in the form of wayshrines, which are also your ressurection point, and you can teleport from one wayshrine to any other wayshrine you have already visited
-There most likely won't be dragons
-Sneaking will be in the game, but how it is implemented is undecided
-They're not talking about pets right now
-There will be no player housing
-There will be no NPC romances or marriage
-"It needs to be comfortable for people who are coming in from a typical massively multiplayer game that has the same control mechanisms, but it also has to appeal to Skyrim players."
-Features most of Tamriel including Skyrim, Morrowind, Summerset Isle, and Elseweyr.
-"Not all provinces are included in their entirety; Zenimax Online is keeping large areas inaccessible to save them for use as expansion content. Nonetheless, every major area is represented to some extent."
-As an example, Windhelm is fully implemented, but Winterhold and the mages' college won't be in at launch.
-There are three player factions:
--Ebonheart Pact: The Nords, Dunmer, and Argoninans
--Aldmeri Dominion: Altmer, Bosmer, and Khajit
--Daggerfall Covenant: Bretons, Redguard, and Orcs
-"Recreateing the freedom Elder Scrolls players expect within the World of Warcraft-style mechanics Zenimax Online is using for this MMO would be impossible without changing the way that players interact with the world."
-As such, the game uses a hubless design
-For example, you don't necessarily pick up a quest to do the following, but if you kill all the necromancers in an undead barrow, a shade you free at the end will reward you.
-However, to help you find these events, various NPCs you talk to will tell you where they are happening and put a marker pointing them on your map, which is obviously totally different than receiving a quest.
-Not all quests will have NPCs that indicate where they are
-The game uses MMORPG genre standards such as classes, experience points, and other traditional MMORPG progression mechanics, but they try to present it "around the core fantasy presented by traditiona Elder Scrolls games" such as traveling around and righting wrongs or seeking riches
-The game world is very large relative to Skyrim
-You can explore almost anything you can see
-the game is set 1000 years in the past
-You can't master every discipline
-The imperials are an enemy to all three factions, lead by the noble Tharn family and the King of Worms, Mannimarco, and are hatching a plot to take over all of Tamriel
-But BEHOLD, Mannicmarco is scheming with Daedric prince Molag Bal to take over the world behind the Tharn's back
-Also, your soul has already been stolen by Molag Bal, which is the reason you can come back from death over and over again, and the starting plot is that you're fighting Molag Bal to get your soul back from him
-Hitting the level cap takes about 120 hours
-Each faction has their own leveling content
-An example quest is the story of Camlorn, where you have to stop evil werewolves who have their eyes set on conquest. First, you have to do a "standard MMO kill and collection quest" to sto ghosts from attacking some mages and soldiers. The ghosts are reliving a battle that the werewolf leader was in. You summon a ghost to find out what's going on, and the ghost tells you to wear her dead husband's armor to re-experience the battle he died in. You then get transported hundreds of years into the past to fight this battle. During this battle, you can choose to save the dead man's wife or to pursue the Werewolf leader. ZeniMax chooses to save the man's wife, who then tells you that the Werewolf leader is weak to fire. This information is helpful when you fight him, but you don't actually need to do this quest before fighting the werewolf leader if you don't want to. Basically, you can skip parts of quest chains if you want, but you get some benefit for playing the whole thing. Also, whenever you go back to the town you just saved, everything there hails you as a hero.
-The game features three faction PvP where you fight to take over keeps and use trebuchets and other siege weapons to help do it. At the high end, you can have 100 v 100 battles. There are also farms and mines you can try to take over. Mots of this happens in Cyrodiil where your goal is to take over and hold the Imperial City to get faction wide bonuses for it. If you have played Dark Age of Camelot, this probably sounds familiar. For those who haven't, essentially the entire zone is a giant PvP area will all sorts of points of interest.
-The most accomplished PvP player on your faction becomes emperor whenever you take over the capital
-When you take over Cyrodiil, you will be able to adventure in it as a hostile city a la Kvatch
-The game will have raids and heroic modes for its dungeons as end game content in addition to faction PvP
-There is also balanced PvP for people who prefer eSports
-The game will also have high end public dungeons
-Public dungeons are essentially instances that aren't actually instanced, so anyone can be in them, so imagine a World of Warcraft dungeon that featured everyone on the server in the area instead of just your party
-There are standard instanced dungeons as well
-Back on the topic of the skillbar, you have a limited number of skills you can use at any given time, and can change them whenever you're out of combat
-The number of skills is equal to (paraphrase) "a light and heavy attack with your current weapon that take up the first two slots, a few more spells related to your class, and an ultimate in the last slot".
-The ultimate is used once you gain enough finesse, which is earned by doing well in combat
-You also get a bonus loot chest if you're soloing and max your finesse, and you can also build finesse by comboing with other players
-For example, a rogue can put oil on the ground that a mage can set on fire
-A fighter can also spin in the firestorm a mage puts down, which sends out fireballs
-If you've seen Guild Wars 2 videos, the above will seem familiar
-You can't combo with the abilities of enemy players though, so if an enemy faction player drops an oil slick, you can't set it on fire
-The Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood will be presented, but in what form isn't detailed as their contnet is hard to recreate in an MMO setting
-NPCs will try to work together and use player like behavior when fighting you, and (at least to my understanding) have stamina as well
-They want the AI to be good, so instead of enemies in a dungeon sitting around and waiting to be pulled, you will be attacked by the entire room and they will try to react to how you are playing
-The claim was not demo'ed to Game Informer
-You destroy dark anchors to gain reputation with the Fighter's Guild. They are large hooks that fall from the sky pseudorandomly and have Daedric guardians next to them. They are easier to kill with a group, and once destroyed, everyone who participated gets a reputation boost with the Fighter's Guild, and eventually nets you rewards like new skills and abilities.
-The combat model will not be real time due to latency
-The combat is based around a stamina bar which you can use to sprint, block, interrupt, and break incapacitating effects
-Blocking is the primary focus of these abilities, and can do things like stopping the secondary effects of attacks such as an ice spell slowing you
-Stamina also applies to PvP, so stamina management (and wearing down your enemy's stamina) is important, as your crowd control abilities might be on a long cooldown, and if you use them before the enemy player runs out of stamina, they will probably just block the effect
-ZeniMax feels that having the stamina bar will help break down the Holy Trinity as stamina allows you to do things like tank
-However, healing is still a big part of the game
-There is also no aggro mechanic in the game, which is part of the reason stamina blocking and healing exist

Analyst expects The Elder Scrolls Online to be subscription based

Despite a growing acceptance of freemium-first business models, the informed money is on a premium subscription model for The Elder Scrolls Online.

20120510tesonline.jpg

Speaking to EDGE, Gamesbrief founder Nicholas Lovell said he expects Zenimax Online to start off with subscriptions and switch at a later date; an increasingly common pattern for big-budget MMORPGs.

“I still believe that subscription games are on the way out. It is conceivable that Bethesda will launch with a subscription service to attract the early adopters, because that is the model they understand,” he said.

“They will switch to free-to-play later, in the same way that many iOS games go from paid to freemium over their lifetime. EA is struggling with The Old Republic, [but] almost everyone else is transitioning to free-to-play.”

As EDGE notes, development on The Elder Scrolls Online kicked off in 2007, when subscription-based models were much more common.

After years of rumours, the MMORPG was finally revealed last week, and has spawned anannouncement trailer and major coverage in GameInformer. It’s due on Mac and PC in 2013.

http://www.vg247.com/2012/05/10/ana...-online-to-be-subscription-based/#more-257585

I remember when I saw this rumoured and I was pretty excited and then it got announced and my jaw dropped but then....then I looked into the game much deeper and I was like this is going to be a WOW like MMO. I think we all wanted a game that is TES V: Skyrim but with hundreds of thousands of gamers, but sadly in this day and age that isn't to be. I want it to do well but it is as of the moment looking pretty generic and I am a massive fan of the Elder Scrolls series :(

This doesn't need to be a thing...the MMO market has become even more over-saturated than the FPS market. For starters...not every game needs a multiplayer addition. I don't know what the obsession is with constantly being connected with others to enjoy a game, remember solitary gaming experiences? I sure as hell do. That's what makes the ES series amazing. You have a wide open terrain to explore by yourself and you have more control over what happens or doesn't happen. Seeing people run around with the same gear or spells as you in such a wide environment will ruin the immersion.

Oh, and don't even get me started on the fact that a team opposite to the team that worked on the ES series is now working on this crapfest. I'm actually glad about this considering it won't take away from productivity on games that actually -need- to be developed and hopefully will result in ES:O bombing. The screenshots look -nothing- like what you'd see in ES titles, which leads me to believe this is just a moneygrab to ride the coattails of the ES success.

well I tried to sign up.... but when i clicked complete registation nothing happened..... weaid, i'll try again later

:dave: i signed up for the closed beta and at first the submit button stayed grey, so i refilled the info after refreshing the page and was able to submit it

hopefully im accepted :ryan:

I have also signed up for the beta and I am VERY excited about this game. There are a lot of people hating on this game, but I am pretty excited about the prospect of exploring Tamriel with my friends. Naturally not all TES elements will translate equally well into an MMO, but I am still hoping for something that feels like a TES game with lots of exploration and gameplay that is more about the journey than the destination. Too many MMO's nowadays are just a mad rush to the level cap and then a bi-weekly raid with your guild. I pray to the 9 Divines that the TES: Online will not be like that :P

If you signed up for the Elder Scrolls Online beta and haven't checked your email recently, you might want to do that. Vice president of Bethesda, Pete Hines revealed today over Twitter that they've started distributing invites to the beta for this MMO entry in the Elder Scrolls franchise.
Hines wrote: "A LOT of beta invites going out for ESO (reminder: closed beta, under NDA). Maybe I'll see you in Tamriel this weekend?"
If you haven't signed up for the ESO beta yet, enrollment is still open on the game's official website. ESO is set to release sometime in 2014, and it will require a subscription to play, though the exact amount has not yet been set.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/el...a-invites-start-going-out-today/1100-6416268/

So I've re-subbed for this game and I am actually rather enjoying it. The story line for Morrowind is quite a bit more colorful than the normal stuff. I started beta online via this game and the bugs alone deterred me from actually playing this. I wanted to make sure the majority of the bugs were fixed. With the newest expansion "Summerset" and the seasonal stuff coming up I'm enjoying it.

I currently play a Warden on the EU servers. @chishu is my user id.

Look me up!

I am hoping to get this for my birthday. I like the idea of being able to play for free, at least for now. I might look into getting a subscription down the line, depending on how things go. One of the reasons I stopped playing FF XIV was the weighing the subscription price against the amount of time I'd have to play.

Back