Playstation PS2 Top 5 List

odin sphere-great visials and a truly chalenging game
onimusha 3- great game all around
persona 3 fes- amazing
street fighter anthology- do you need to ask?
devil may cry 3- WOW

Aw, dead thread. Anyway.

5) Devil May Cry - Good game. Creepy atmosphere and epic enemies. The game did have some clunky control issues but I didn't mind all that much.

4) God of War II - Yeah, I only recently got into this series but I think this game deserves a good spot on this list. It was a vast improvement over the first game in every way and unlike the first game, I didn't damn near have a heart attack playing it.

3) Kingdom Hearts - It's pretty obvious that I love these games. But I think I liked this game better than KHII but only by a little bit.

2) Prince of Persia: Warrior Within - I remember how epic this game was when it first came out and it's still pretty damn good. Definetely the best out of the PS2 titles in the series.

1) Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater - It wouldn't be a list I was making without mentioning a MGS title so there it is folks. My favorite game on the PS2 and my second favorite game in the MGS series. After six years, I never get tired of this game. I'm just that obsessive.

Metal gear solid 2 and metal gear solid snake eater

Ill add them both in at the same time as its pretty hard to choose a favourite outta the 2, though id probadly lean more towards snake eater. Reason, well anyone whos played an mgs game will know why. Its sets the standards when it comes to storyline, gameplay etc. The greatest games/series ever made imo.

Final fantasy 10

The best ff game ever made i think, im sure i dont need to tell the members of this forum why im adding it.

Kingdom hearts

It was pretty ace when it came to gameplay and storyline. Never really cared for the 2nd game to be honest but the original is an ultimate classic.

GRand theft auto san andreas

I probadly racked up more hours on this game back in the day than i have any other game ever. Defintely the best gta without a doubt, you could do pretty much anything in it and the world was so vast. Loved it.

Devil may cry. Onimusha dawn of dreams.

Cant mention one without the other.At the time there was nothing around that matched these games both made by capcom. fast paced action with great storyline, it definately made way for actions games today.

sdkkkzxblkkkkgf

also

resident evil 4 and dragon quest VIII were brand new. They should also be in the top 5 but theres no room :rage:

so hard to choose...

1-ace combat series
2-starwars battlefront 2
3-resident evil 4
4-indiana jones and the emperor's tomb
5-GODZILLA:save the earth
i know it's top 5 but i gotta say this one-JAWS UNLEASHED

ace combat series is purely epic in every way. battlefront 2 was a great sw game. re4 was amazing. indiana jones was a really cool game. godzilla is just insanely fun and the same goes for jaws. i'd put metal gear games and/or final fantasy games, and heatseeker and more but unfortunately, there's not enough room.........

1) Final Fantasy 10 - It was just a great game from the storyline to the characters and the battle system.

2) Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2 - They were great games the storyline was brilliant and the character were great. I enjoyed seeing Disney characters in the game.

3) Mortal Kombat Armageddon - It wasn't really the story that I liked even though it was good it was the fact that they had all the characters in the game so I could choose all my old favorite characters.

4) Star Ocean: Till The End Of Time - It was an enjoyable RPG that I spent ages playing the story, graphics, music and characters were all great.

5) Final Fantasy VII: Dirge Of Cerberus - I found the game very good the story was great and it was different being able to play as Vincent which was great.

And a couple of games that should get a mention Shadow Hearts, Tekken, Phantasy Star universe, Resident Evil and a lot more that I couldn't be bothered mentioning cause I would be typing for ages.

1) Final Fantasy X

This one is pretty much a no-brainer. I've invested an absurd amount of time into this game, and can still play it today. When I'm a few decades older, and thinking back the PS2, this will be the first game I am reminded of. I bought a PS2 basically to play this game.

2) Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty

I think the Metal Gear series has offered a gameplay experience that no other series can offer. Truly unique gameplay, coupled with extremely complex and detailed plotlines makes this a worthy sequel to an untouchable, near-perfect game.

3) Shin Megami Tensei: Lucifer's Call

Aka, Nocture. I borrowed this from my ex-girlfriend first time I played it. I enjoyed it, sure, but we were kind of playing it simultaneously, with the disc going back and forth between us, so I couldn't get into it properly. I randomly decided to pop it into my PS2 a few weeks ago one evening, and racked up 11 hours before bed (8am the following morning). This was a very special moment for me, because at 23 years old, I don't play games as much or as enthusiastically as I used to. So to do an all-nighter gaming, like I was 12 again was awesome. As for the game itself, the game appeals to my grind-happy completionist style of RPG gaming. The plot is just such a breath of fresh air, and the way the whole game is presented in a minimalist kind of way is great. It's scary, deeply atmospheric, addictive, challenging, and EPIC.

4) Grand Theft Auto: Vice City

I've always been a fan of the GTA games. I played the original (and GTA: London), GTA2 and GTA3, and sure, I enjoyed them, but Vice City just perfected the formula, and gave it a polish with the radio stations and famous voice actors. The 1980s setting is a massive selling point too. Games like Red Dead Redemption and Fallout 3 which offer true and thorough immersion into a different world is always so much fun.

5) Hitman 2

A friend of mine explained the 5 or 6 different ways you could do the first mission alone, and I decided that I had to own this game. When I finally got it, I was sure I was in for a long ride, and a game I'd be playing years later. It was frustrating at times, and very challenging, but so rewarding if you're patient. Sadly, the sequels didn't resonate anywhere nearly as strongly with me as this did.

Honourable mentions:
Pro Evolution Soccer 3 - Purely for the epic 5 hour sessions I used to have with a friend of mine.
Virtua Fighter 4 - Probably would be in the top 5 if I'd bought it in 2002 instead of 2004.
Timesplitters 2 - Should be in 4th or 5th spot if it weren't a multi-platformer.

My Top 5 PS2 titles are:

Kingdom Hearts 2.
I really liked KH1 but KH2 just seemed to polish up on everything that the first game lacked! The graphics were much more slick and colourful, there was a lot more to do, the extra bits added to the battles (like soras drive thingos) made it more than just a button mash fight.
The characters were much cooler grown up and they even fixed Kairi's horrible enlarged head! One thing I didn't like about this game however, which is stopping me from replaying it again is the beginning. I hate Roxas, I hate running his crappy errands and I hate his storyline. I wish he had less to do with it. Other than that, amazing game <3

Final Fantasy X
I really hated this game at first but it grew on me and eventually became one of my most favourite games on the PS2. Amazing graphics for its time, specially in the FMVs. Fun battle system, turnbase has always been my fav kind of system. Most of the characters were loveable and the story was great.
My biggest issue with this game though is the voice acting, terrible!! Specially Tidus although he wasn't so bad when doing the narration... why couldn't he sound like that all the time?? hmph.

Okami
Really fun and umique game, beautiful cell shaded graphics and nice story. It might have been easier to play on the wii because of the drawing aspect of the game, but I love it none the less.

Tekken 5
I've always been a tekken fan, I am not so good at it but button mashing in the game is still fun and tekken brings back good memories from my childhood. I ejoy playing team battles against family and friends.

Kingdom Hearts 1
Hmm so mostly the same as what i said about KH2, great story, adorable and loveable characters, playing a game that mixed FF titles and Disney in a way that worked so well was really something special.

Not a very exciting top 5 :P

1. Kingdom Hearts
2. Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal
3. Tales of the Abyss
4. Kingdom Hearts 2
5. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

For the record, the first Kingdom Hearts game is vastly superior to the second. The level design is stronger, the presence of Disney characters and worlds don't seem forced, and the story isn't overly convoluted. I could go on, but I don't want it to sound like I dislike Kingdom Hearts 2. Both games are fantastic.

I'm an RPG fan for life so these will all be RPGs :wacky: I gave you fair warning :D

1. Suikoden V - This might not have the best graphics... heck it's kinda blocky except for the CGI's but it has an amazing story and game play! The story is one of the most amazing stories I've played in a video game. there is so much to do in the game, from collecting 108 characters, so many endings (most of em bad, only 3 true endings) so many choicese to make. simple yet a fun battle system, and a tactical battle as I come to call it. If you havn't played any SUikoden that is ok, this game doesn't require any suikoden knowledge to be enjoyed (but I do recommend playing all the suikodens if you can get your hands on them.)

2. Final Fantasy X - What's there to say about this game. You got a great story, some amazing characters (even the winny pain in the butt Tidus) Amazing CGI, fun time playing... fell a little short from other FF games but this is the best FF on the PS2 hands down.

3.Dragon Quest VIII- Where to start... This game isn't filled with amazing CGI graphics by any means, but yet it has a fun story, it's a long game, so much to do so many places to see, so many side quest, some fun characters to control, an interesting villain to find. It's an easy game to learn, a difficult one to master (in my opinion) yet still fun to play... It's a great RPG for the classics.

4. Kingdom Hearts I - Thats right the first, though I liked the second one, something about this one seemed more amazing... This one had amazing characters, an amazing story for each world you visited, you could do a lot of extra's, had a nice mix with the disney theme, and there were some amazing FF characters in it.

Why I picked this one over KH II is for a couple reasons, one KH II with some of the battle things they added (like the Triangle thing) made some of the boss fights seem to easy and others (like the gambler of Orginization XIII) seem just too annoying. and KH II seemed more like mashing X over and over again, while the first one gave you a little more to think about.

5. Monster Rancher 4- Now this game has a simple feature, you raising monsters, how you get these monsters? From Cd's and dvd's you own! So many monsters to get, So much fun to raise and battle with them. But theres more to it than that, you got a story that makes this game feel like an rpg Not what you would think of as an RPG but It is none the less one of the more interesting games to pick up for The PS2 if you want to get it, it's so much fun and interesting, just wish the series didn't die with this game :sad3:

Extra
6. Samurai/Dyansty Warriors series - Decided to add an extra that isn't an rpg, and I picked two series that are basically the same...

These games have some amazing characters, and amazing stories to go with each one, Now these games do get criticized for being the same and only being a hack-n-slash game but these games are yet fun, each one brings something new to the table, none of them will feel the same, and you get to have fun controling people from history :wacky: who ever thought that history could be fun to play? (even though yes some of the characters can be made up and some battles never happened, but all the same you do learn a little bit about people playing this game)

1. Suikoden 5
2.Grandia 2
3. Kingdom Hearts
4. Odin Sphere
5. Disgaea

I love the Playstation 2--it had fantastic games!!

Final Fantasy X

This was the first ever final fantasy game I played, as I recall I had just turned thirteen because I got it for my birthday. My brother had gotten VII a few years before but it looked too complex, sophisticated, or just mature for me. I really got into the story and gameplay, even restarted it multiple times when I heard something new. For example, that you could beat the chocobo eater. I didn't finish it first time round, I stopped at the Sea of Sorrow. I re-bought it from amazon last summer and burned through it, the nostalgia was great as well as following the story more easily this time. I got everything almost, and beat most of the hidden bosses

Resident Evil 4

I remember when I first got this game, I bought it from the local Tesco because my mam said she would buy me a new game. I'm still unsure why I bought it, I was maybe 15 possibly 16 back then and hated horror(I still hate horror films). I think the case attracted me, it was a limited edition metal case and really cheap to boot. I was actually quite scared playing it the first time tbh, or at least initially. I just loved how well designed the game was, the shooting system, and Leon the main character. I remember vividly, being halfway through the first boss fight and knowing I loved the game. I've replayed the game three or four times, and will play it again most likely.

Timesplitters 2

Technically I played this on the XBox, but I did eventually buy it for my own PS2. I used to play it constantly at my best friend's house, we got really good at it too. We could play for hours and knew all the tricks of the game, at one stage we could tell what character had died by the scream they made when lit on fire. The guns were well designed, the characters ridiculous, and no other shooter could approach that manic level of action in multi-player.

Kingdom Hearts I/II

I remember sitting next to a guy I didn't know at all in fifth year, my second last year of school. We started chatting in chemistry and we both loved FF games. Eventually the subject of Kingdom Hearts came up, and I said I had never played them. I borrowed them from him, expecting them to be some tawdry childish shit. Of course I was mistaken, the story was surprisingly great, the characters likeable, the motivations realistic, and thoroughly enjoyable gameplay. I felt the second one suffered game-playwise but had an amazing storyline. I do not like the series as much as I once did, but I still have fond memories of the games

Ico

I have yet to play Colossus so maybe that will take Ico's spot some day, but I doubt it. This game is really strange in its execution, virtually no action and all puzzles. The story, even though cutscenes are incredibly rare, is actually very interesting. The ending is phenomenal. The puzzles are incredibly clever and intricate, blowing any other platformer out of the water. The art design is second to none, even though it's graphics are not the best and nothing compared to next gen, I doubt any game matches its art. Just an incredibly enjoyable experience

1. Final Fantasy X - As soon as I put the disc into my PS2 and heard To Zanarkand, I fell in love with this game. The story took a little while to get started, but I was certain that it would become touching. I was correct. Furthermore, the characters are dedicated, to one another and to their pilgrimage; there's a very human quality to each of them. The gameplay, although linear, is pretty perfect as I love the Sphere Grid and the turn-based battle system with specific slots for each character and enemy; I loved manipulating them by healing before I selected 'attack.' ;) The world is beautiful; I love the Eastern quality it has to it. Each region feels unique. Oh, and the music is the best in any FF game. :)
  2. Beyond Good and Evil - I've completed this twice, once on Gamecube, and once on the PS2. It's a little slower on the PS2, but still the same fantastic game with an interesting story, incredible host of characters, a witty and heartbreaking script, a beautiful world, enjoyable gameplay, and very effective OST. :)
  3. Valkyrie Profile: Silmeria - Another good story. I wasn't entirely keen on Alicia's character, but Rufus and Silmeria more than made up for that! The gameplay is quite intriguing... A side-scrolling adventure isn't something I'm used to (unless we're talking about sprites and handheld consoles), but I grew used to it. I'd often admire the scenery and wish I could explore it further, though. :x3: The battle system was decent enough, though I've found it very difficult to get back into. :/ I would have also liked to have more control over how my characters developed.
  4. Metal Gear Solid 3
  5. Final Fantasy XII - It's far from my favourite Final Fantasy - the story and characters are a little flat for me - but in terms of gameplay and world, it's pretty incredible. I actually enjoyed the battle system a lot. The world was far easier to explore than in FF games before since you could easily dodge enemies, and my my, what a world. In true FF spirit, it was beautiful. There were so many different places to see, all of them inspirational. :)

God of War 2 - I've never been so absorbed by any game, not even Final Fantasy as I was with God of War. I finished this in a week. As an individual game, brilliant. As a franchise, even more brilliant. :gonk:

Tales of the Abyss - I couldn't even remember how I got a copy of this game. :wacky: But one day, I wanted a distraction and I saw it in my collection. For some reason, I got through the whole first part where I just wanted to strangle the main character. After that, I couldn't believe how much I liked it. Quite hard to absorb the plot at first and the soundtrack was dull, but in general the gameplay was enjoyable. It was challenging, funny, deep and I liked the sidequests.

Drakengard 2
- I wanted to play the first Drakengard before this, but I couldn't find a copy of it anywhere. I'm not a fan of the hack-and-slash battle system, but I found myself immersed in this game. I actually looked up the prequel and read the whole plot just to understand. I was very happy with this game, though I'm told the first is miles better so I do want to play that still. :hmmm:

Final Fantasy X - final boss and blitzball :-)rage:) aside, I enjoyed playing this game. The graphics, characters, soundtrack and plot themes were fantastic. I actually liked solving the temple puzzles. :wacky:

Kingdom Hearts - Classic. I couldn't wait to play this game as soon as I got this console. I don't think I have to explain myself further. This game is the only reason why I'm keeping my PS2. :ryan:

Only 5. That will be hard, the ps2 has a lot of great games. Anyway my top 5

1. Shadow Hearts
Dark RPG with an unique battle sytem. I love the twisted humor and real world references. Not only my favorite PS2 game but my favorite game ever.

2. Beyond Good & Evil
Good story and fun characters. One of the most underrated games on the platform. Still hoping for a second part

3. Final Fantasy X
Love the story, love the characters and it very challenging with the dark aeons.

4. Suikoden 5
Konami did a good job of going back to the roots. Only Suikoden II is better. Really like recruiting all the characters.

5. Arc: Twilight of the Spirits
I really enjoyed playing this game. I like that you get to play both sides of the story.

Here we go

1. Kingdom Hearts
This is easily the best ps2 game ever to me. Good times during the summer with my Broski. Everything about this game is stunning.

2. Kingdom Hearts 2
Great game, but the original was better to me. This game suffers from too much Roxas and absolutely no Vexen.

3. Resident Evil 4
I never actually played this game, but I've seen my dad play plenty of times and this game really stands out as a good game. Easily the best of the resident evil series.

4. Final Fantasy 12
This game lacks a good story, however I rank this games battle system over that of FFIX. It's just epic once you get the hang of it.

5. WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2009
At a time where we had little, this game kept me company. I'll always cherish it for that. Also, let it be known that during this time period, I received my best grades! :)

I'm shocked to find out I've never posted in this thread.

Well, that ends now! I shall post here, no matter how old!

1. Final Fantasy X

FFX literally was my first PS2 game. I got a PS2 not too long after FFX came out. So what better way could I have started my PS2 era gaming days, than with FFX! This is favorite FF game to date. And the fact that there's an HD version coming out for the PS3, I can relive my greatest moments of gaming.

2. Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of a Cursed King
This is the only DQ game I have ever played, and it did not disappoint. It had a lot of re-playability and an even better gameplay, further accompanied by a great soundtrack. Definitely a favorite in the last decade.

3. Kingdom Hearts

The first one only. All of my top games are Square-Enix games. This is when they knew how to makes games instead of blowing everything off on mobile shit and keep the spotlight on Lightning.

4. Mortal Kombat: Deception
Before I got a PS3, this is literally the game I played until 2009. I've played this til the servers for the online went dead, and by that time, I moved on to a PS3.

5. Tokyo Xtreme Racer Zero
One of the best underrated and unknown games I've played. It follows the style of Wangan Midnight. It had a good story to it too. You went on the highway beating rivals and bosses as you journeyed to become the King of the Road and dub yourself Speed King

In no particular order:

Final Fantasy X - One of my favorite FFs of all let alone on the PS2. The ending tears me up every time. :sad3:

Metal Gear Solid 3 - SNAKE EATER: Because Big Boss is awsome.

Ratchet and Clank - This series has a special place in my heart. Ever since the first time I played the game on a demo in Toys 'R Us. It was one of the first games I had for the PS2.

Devil May Cry - Badassery.

Xenosaga - Definitely my second favorite RPG on the PS2.

1. Xenosaga
2. Final Fantasy XII
3. Star Ocean: Til the End of Time
4. Kingdom Hearts I
5. Final Fantasy X

1. .hack//G.U. trilogy (love all three volumes I couldn't just pick one_
2. Kingdom Heart II
3. Haunting Ground (the scariest horror game I have ever played tbh)
4. Persona 4
5. Tales of the Abyss

Back