Fan Fiction Fellow Writers - Come Chat!

Everything I've tried to write so far has resulted in a complete failure, but anything up until what I just started working on was before I got into RPing, I think my writing skills are better now, but I'm just as bad with names as ever, so I can't think of a title for my story I'm writing, on some past events for my Crimson Wolf character, and I'm really going to take this one more seriously and put a lot into it.

If any of you have any suggestions for a title for it, they would be greatly appreciated, I will post the Prologue I have done, and then add a little more info after.

Crimson Wolf said:
This story follows through some of Crimson Wolf's past, and two other characters are of great importance as well, playing their roles in Crimson's life, one good, and one a most dishonourable and unforgivable being that always seems to be covered in armour from head to toe.

A wicked, and mysterious foe after making an attempt to take Crimson Wolf's life, his name untold to him and it is known by no one else, he is a man that for some reason finds Crimson to be a serious threat, when the first attack he made that was intended to kill him had failed, he rethought things through and left the area, doing something most cold and heartless, to try lure him to come -to- him.

He went about with his huge and heavy sword, mercilessly slaughtering Wolves, unprovoked, and leaving a marking on a tree in the area of the packs of Wolves he has killed, a marking matching the one on Crimson Wolf's tail, as a sign to prove to him that he had been there and killed them, this would happen several times, and every time it would both deeply sadden, and infuriate Crimson Wolf everytime he witnesses this.

He had been through enough provocation from this mad man, after enough of this he dedicated all of his waking hours to pursuing him to put an end to his murderous ways. But on his travels, other things did indeed come up during his pursuit of the Wolf Slayer in a suit of cold, dark armour, and the journey begins now.

Okay, there is a third character whose details are unmentioned here, whom of a great deal of importance, to the point she isn't really revealed in this prologue, just a third character is suggested, but only two are spoken of throughout it.

You can see the RP Bios for the Crimson Wolf and Sophia characters here, you can see their appearances too (you should at least see that and the information under the Race section, and ideally personality as well...).

So, any ideas for the title of the story I'm writing? It will show how Crimson Wolf found out of his sister's existence, meeting her, and eventually coming face to face with that evildoer in the suit of heavy armour.

Last edited:
I'm sorry if I'm posting in the wrong place, but I really need advice and suggestions. I'm working on actually two Final Fantasy fan fictions (an AU post-FFX fic and a post-FFX-2 fic). Basically I'm not sure if I should do the first one, and I'm having trouble deciding on an OC for the FFX-2 fic. Both are still a bit in the early stages.

For the post-FFX fic, the timeline is sometime after the defeat of Yu Yevon. One of the plots is that Yuna meets a stranger who looks like her lost love, though he acts a bit different. This one's something of a romance fan fiction with perhaps some action scenes here and there. This one will also include a Rikku/Gippal pairing. Also, FFX-2 never happens, so Tidus won't come back (at least I don't plan on him to do so).

As for the post-FFX-2, the main problem I'm having here is deciding what to arm my OC with. The character was once a young warrior monk striving to be like his hero, Auron, who saved him long ago after Sin killed his family and destroyed his village, only to turn away from Yevon when he learned the truth. He travels through Spira as a Fiend Hunter with a firearm called Rebellion. The only thing is, and it's really stupid, but I can't decide what firearm I should arm him with. I want to include fighting scenes with Yuna (handguns), Rikku (daggers), Paine and Tidus (swords but with different fighting styles), so I want to give him either a Spira-style revolver or shotgun (as a tribute to Irvine Kinneas of FF8).

Any thoughts?

Last edited:
I'm currently writing a crossover. What I think the main problems with it is I need to explain the atmosphere more and update more. I find stories a little dull when there aren't many explinations of the setting.
Chapter 1 and 2 where prbably pretty shaky, but hey, it's my first fan fiction ever. Chapter 3 was a lot better in my opinion. :P
22 views for 3 chapters isn't so bad...

Been a while since anyone posted here. :hmmm:

I've been picking up my writing activity here and there, but I want to go back into it now. I want to dedicate the vast majority of my time to it, hence when I don't have to go to the likes of lectures at Uni, have work at the weekend or have stupid Uni work to do. >_>

Besides the big projects I have lined up, I've found that writing short stories gives me a bit of a buzz needed for them.

Music, of course, keeps me going. But I've been listening to specific types to suit the specific type of story I'm doing. I've been wanting to move onto more emotional issues in short stories because I'm aiming to explore different genres I never do before. I'm currently working on one of those right now, it should be up by tonight at the rate it's going.

Been a while since anyone posted here. :hmmm:

I'll just have to change that ^_^

I'm currently writing a short story within these pages. Though I feel I may have rushed the beginning, it's starting to evolve in complexity.

Affairs of the Fallen

I wanted to help illustrate a plausible working that goes on beyond our bounds. I find that, according to any religion of God, celestial beings share a lot of the same traits as we do. I always found this fascinating because it bonds us with them.
I am, however, agnostic. I've studied Islamic as well as Christian belief, and obviously a good bit of history as well :), but my mind has always been bent towards philosophy rather than ultimatums.

Anyways, the story isn't completely drenched in celestial intrigue. There is a lot of suspense and militant, earthbound stuff as well. Enjoy :neomon:

When it comes to writing, what do you guy's prefer: Poetry, Original works or Fanficiton?

Even though I somewhat excel at poetry, I love fanfiction, but it doesn't love me xD. I love to read it, but I can't write it for shit :wacky:

I'm not a huge fan of fanfiction, to be honest. I just feel as if it's a waste of good talent. You see loads of good writers writing badass fanfiction, and you just can't help but think that if they wrote an original work, it would be amazing. :sad3:

I'm not much of a poetry reader, rare for me if anything. Fan fiction is good, but I only read it sometimes. I'm more accustomed to original writing. I aim to bring out a novel, TV show or film on that alone. I've got a year and a half left on my Creative Writing course and my plans for that will begin there.

Although they've sort of started already. :andry:

I've no idea why; I love fanfiction.

I mean, the ones without OCs in it. :hmmm:

Yeah, OCs can be made far too powerful and corny; maybe that's why I prefect fanfics to originals.

I don't often read and analyse poetry much outside of English Literature curriculums, but I do enjoy composing a few pieces of poetry now and again. Not many people share this sentiment, but there is joy in attempting to convey your thoughts across in a concise yet often obscure, ambiguous, metaphorical way. Metaphysical conceits. They're quickly becoming things that really fascinate me nowadays.

Fanfiction is sometimes something I see myself doing, but only to a small extent. If something I read, play or watch is fascinating enough, I'm often inspired to bring in some of my own input into the story, the characters and other elements. Particularly if I'm watching a TV show, I often pay close attention to the writing and perhaps formulate my own take on the story if I find the show's way of writing dissatisfactory. However, I hardly ever put pen to paper though.

Which leaves original works, my personal favourites. It gives you free reign to write what the heck you want, unlike things like poetry which is at times mercilessly confining. With original works, I get satisfaction in using my imagination in full, writing what I want to write with whatever characters I want in whatever situation and setting I like. Fanfiction is good as the foundations are there, but at times you do want to stretch your imagination more and truly make something your own.

2 years ago actually, I used to be an active fanfiction writer. All of my fanfics had OC characters in them so I could show a hint of how my imagination could work - and as expected, the fact that they had OC's didn't give them much popularity, but the people that DID review my fics would say that they love how very well created my characters are and how they can blend in with the story at the same time. But that was back when I was a sophomore, and I really hadn't updated any of them since a year after I started. I had just lost interest. And the same applies to reading other people's fanfiction. I hardly see any impressive ones anymore, imo . :hmmm:

But now my focus and likings are towards the original stories, since it shows more of what a person can come up with. I had started a short story last week, which I probably should be working on right now since I've only got a paragraph in but I have the whole thing thought out already. But I especially love original works, in any kind of form - because there are no limitations or rules to what your imagination can come up with .

I cant really say I write much but in the past I used to write some pokemon fanfics. Cant say they really went well though. Yeah I created some pokemon out of my mind along with some others. It was a pretty stupid idea in all honesty though. :lew: I still write to this day though. I usually get ideas from anime and such. Sometimes I even put mostly every video game character in a mix up for a story. Yeah I know it sounds really stupid right? Every episode of the fanfiction would have like mostly every video game character coming in. It was ridiculous >.>. I can say I still write to this day but usually it is either something for school or something out of complete boredom. Original works are nice but they dont stick in my head that long enough and usually I forget what happens and dont end up writing. Writing is something to pass time yes but like I said usually it has to be complete boredom that puts me in the mood. There are those times when you are just at a desk or somewhat with a drink in hand and you immerse yourself into your imagination. Then the next night you decide to think about what you were thinking that day at your desk. I am not big on writing. I would really do something else during my free time. But lets say I dont have my computer with me at school or something. No ipod or iphone or whatever and I am waiting for class. Ill gladly start writing on a piece of paper even if in the end it turns shit.

At the moment I just write when I have the time. Whatever my imagination comes up with, I go with the flow from there because that's the kind of writer I am. Most of my ideas have a final fantasy concept so maybe fantasy is the genre i should pursuit. I also like writing unoriginal FF stories when I have a good FF idea and can't be assed to come up with a brand new world - recently i started a sequel to FF8 and i think it has potential.
Unfortunately I don't have the confidence to post it yet. I think I have the creativity and aspiration but I think I lack the skill to really bring the stories to their full potential. It would be a dream to write the next FF someday or become a screenwriter/director and make the next Final Fantasy movie maybe (a man can dream right??) so next year im gonna take some writing courses and find my strengths and weaknesses. Hopefully after that I'll be able to post some of my stories with confidence and get recognised.

I have written some fanficitons in the past but I think I lost them all on my old computer. As for writing now, I write essays and news stories galore, so I'm stacked up to my neck in them. I really can't wait for the summer because I plan to work more on my fiction novel.
I once had a novel going, back in high school, and I got just under 400 pages done. I read it over and was so unhappy, I threw it all away. I wish know that I would have kept it.

In the case of writing any rich character in fiction, I always tend to keep a few factors in mind. Firstly, there is the background of a character. Before writing anything, I would carefully consider my characters and how they start off. The background can be simple questions such as where the character grew up, what his or her personality is, some history, and this essentially forms the basis for any reader to draw upon. I am usually careful in making sure that the background for any good character is a strong enough base to develop from and to avoid that character committing an act later on that is inconsistent with his or her personality and background. The worst that inconsistency can do is cause greater unbelievability.

Then there's the crucial element of deciding a direction for your character. There should be room for any character to grow and perhaps mature a bit as the storyline progresses. One-dimensional characters are typically stagnant in personality, having next to little, while some may hardly develop at all through a story; neither of which in my opinion make interesting characters most of the time. I follow the line that careful consideration in character development is the basis for a three-dimensional character who is also believable to the reader. Ultimately as how I see it, character development brings another dimension to a storyline and encourages creativity from the author considerably.

I...do almost nothing else but write. *headdesk*

As for creating complex characters, I follow a rather unconventional method. I start with very basic ideas about their background and history, their current state, what they do, what their life's like and what skills they have and make a basic outline of the character's personality.

From there on...I kinda let the character do the rest, taking their own shape in my head. I don't know how better to describe this. Usually it happens on it's own, by way of me sticking the character in a huge amount of random situations and letting him decide how he'll react. It's a really non-conscious thing for me to the point where I sometimes think I might be a little schizoid or something. The best way I can describe it is that I just sit back and don't force anything. Based on what I've already outlined about this character, I play out his personality, finding little details to add from the impromptu reactions.

They key for me is never force personality. Just start with the basics (short-tempered, foul-mouthed or sweet-talking...) and go from there.

Story and background come into their own in a similar fashion. But I still go over those with a fine comb to rid them of inconsistencies. But the most important bit is that they MUST ABSOLUTELY fit the story's established setting.

I find that the most important element of a believable and relateable character is being REASONABLE with what you decide to include in the character.

I actually have written up a long-ass essay on how to dodge pitfalls that create Mary Sues and I discuss a lot of this stuff there. I might post it here for the benefit of everyone if the mods will allow it. =O

I'd comment more on poetry if bad history in doing such hadn't made me wary of it. :(

Speaking of poetry, I usually write up random bits and pieces in math class. xD That should tell you what classes I excel in and which ones I... don't excel in.

Nawp. I'm not as big on poetry as I am on regular stories (short or long). The last poem I made was the one I used for the Birthweek poetry contest, but before then the only other times I've even looked at poems was at school. :gonk:
But funny that it's brought up, as earlier this morning, I thought about possible poetry topics that I could make some poems with. :hmmm: So who knows? I may just happen to start writing some for the fun of it again. :lew:
But hopefully I can get out of the block I'm facing with updating my own story soon . :hmph:

Back