Fan Fiction Fellow Writers - Come Chat!

Sethol said:
Dood seven years man it must be an INTENSE story i cant wait to see yours ,if you post it lol.

I've also noticed it helps a lot to listen to certain types of music while i write e.g. if im writing a fight scene ill listen to something upbeat and angry, where as if im writing something dramatic, like the loss of a loved one quiet slow music helps. I thought it was quite interesting how music was able to further develop my story so far

<.<

>.>

You mean me?:confused:

lol, how'd you know it was seven years in the making? lmao, Yes, I hope it will be very intense and I may get around to posting it here eventually. :P I've scrapped 4 rough drafts so far, but I think this final one is IT. It will all still be very rough, of course; writing publishing-quality stuff right off the bat is pretty much impossible, so it'll need work!

Oi, I also listen to music while writing. I have one particular song that I listen to during fight scenes -- it's some techno song my friend gave to me (he's verrrrrry good at making music and has already made an album!) and it pretty much rocks. I don't listen to any music with words though -- I always start to sing along, which is REALLY bad when you're trying to write!

Terra Branford said:
Um, I don't mean to but in...but is this thread only about fanfiction/RP stories? I write fanfictions and am in the middle of editing my novel.

I don't come across people who love writing as much as I do...so it's hard to find a place to fit in ^^

This thread is for any and everything relating to writing! That includes fanfics, original works, poetry, essays, blogs; you name it, we chat about it here!

And I sympathize with you entirely. It is VERY hard to find a lively writing forum these days.

This thread is for any and everything relating to writing! That includes fanfics, original works, poetry, essays, blogs; you name it, we chat about it here!

And I sympathize with you entirely. It is VERY hard to find a lively writing forum these days.

Cool! I've been trying to find a place, but its been so hard! x3

I mostly write fanfictions and novels though. I tried a poem and people said it it was pretty good, I never made one after that 'cause they all sucked. :awesome:

Techno inspires your fight scenes lol awesome i usually lisen to a really heavy bring met he horizon or august burns red song lol techno inspires comicality it me lol i look foward to reading your story if yo ever post it :)

I suppose this site isn't too bad for posting your stories, fanfics, poems, etc. You just need to get it out to people that you've got work here and would love to share it, even if it is just to get feedback or whatnot. I usually leave a link in my signature for all to view because we can't go around and bug the hell out of people by saying we want them to see our stuff. I've seen people do that and it doesn't work at all.

But we could use this thread to advertise our stuff as well? I certainly wouldn't mind since it is for writers chatting after all. :wacky:

I recently started on my first serious attempt at a novel/book. It will feature several characters who end up meeting in the end of the story, so I need to make up multiple interesting story lines whitout giving away to much of the ending in each story. Quite ambitious for a first try :P

Go for it, I say. :monster:

And as always, music is my guide to inspiration when it comes to writing. A lot of new music recently has got me going. I really need to update FFF Crisis III before I start my next semester at university or else I'll mentally slap myself. Or physically. xD

Go for it, I say. :monster:

And as always, music is my guide to inspiration when it comes to writing. A lot of new music recently has got me going. I really need to update FFF Crisis III before I start my next semester at university or else I'll mentally slap myself. Or physically. xD

Music is my inspirator too. I put up a different record with a differrent style of music for every character, it gets me in the right mood that fits with thr character. :)

Sethol said:
Techno inspires your fight scenes lol awesome i usually lisen to a really heavy bring met he horizon or august burns red song lol techno inspires comicality it me lol i look foward to reading your story if yo ever post it
smile1.gif

Ahhh, that's a common stereotype/misconception! It entirely depends on what song you are listening to. There are TONS of subgenres in the techno music, did you know that? Most of them are actually synthesized instruments, so people can make whatever song they want with normal instruments without actually having to be proficient in playing them. Seriously! And there's also the ones that are obviously techno -- but if it's done RIGHT and TASTEFULLY, it can be sweet! the only thing that really changes is use of beat and background harmony.

Anyways! Hopefully, you won't have to wait soon. As soon as I get some time to type up this first chapter (of the 5th draft, no less) I'll post it on here stat! :monster: Yay, I have followers!

Hello, all! I'm not having much success with my story, and then I found this thread.

I have actually been writing fan fiction for four years now. Since my entire series has been messed up at one point, I decided to put it all exclusively in my forum and start some fresh stories here. It's usually about fighting, but I also add other elements as well.

So...let's all exchange stories! I'll comment on yours if you comment on mine, though I'll still comment on yours if I happen to find them. My story is titled "Strongest of All Worlds." :)

Last edited:
I'll try have a look at that when I got the chance, Leon.

And in the meantime, I've finally updated FFF Crisis III with a new chapter. I'd originally written the first half of it, but finally got the inspiration to finish the rest. If it hadn't been for the music, I wouldn't know where it'd be right now. xD

Thank you, Faith (I don't know what to call you, though) o.o'

I usually don't need any help, but I'm very open to suggestions. My story is basically a crossover fic. And though I'm not much of an FFVII fanatic -- which is probably what most readers will look for in a story in here -- I'll try my best when featuring Cloud, Sephiroth, and anyone else I plan to feature. Also, Zeno (the kid you see in my sig and avatar) will make an appearance and see just how cold-hearted he can be.

I already took a look at your story, Faith. Though it's not what I'm used to reading, I'll try my best to bring myself into it. Of course, it could take a while before you get a comment from me. :)

Last edited:
That's no problem whatsoever. It's in its third one now, so I wouldn't expect anyone to be able to leap right into it before knowing what's going on. 8F

And yes, Faith is just fine. xD

But I did read some of it. I'm a fast reader, though something really long can cause me to eventually skim through the whole thing. That's my flaw when it comes to reading. :(

I liked the biblical references. I never saw someone use them so perfectly. :)

Ahhh, that's a common stereotype/misconception! It entirely depends on what song you are listening to. There are TONS of subgenres in the techno music, did you know that? Most of them are actually synthesized instruments, so people can make whatever song they want with normal instruments without actually having to be proficient in playing them. Seriously! And there's also the ones that are obviously techno -- but if it's done RIGHT and TASTEFULLY, it can be sweet! the only thing that really changes is use of beat and background harmony.

Anyways! Hopefully, you won't have to wait soon. As soon as I get some time to type up this first chapter (of the 5th draft, no less) I'll post it on here stat! :monster: Yay, I have followers!

Lol indeed i did know of a few subgenres one of my favourite being nintendocore lol a mixture of techno Nintendo game noises and deathcore, its completly out there but it quite funny to listen to.

I'm looking fowards to your story lol

Yay, new chapters! :se7:

(that emote just amuses me to no end....)

A fantabulous idea, Leon_L! I'll be sure to pop in and drop a critique or two of your story.

As for me, I have no idea what my novel will be titled. For now, I'm going along with Fester.

It works. :monster:

Sethol said:
Lol indeed i did know of a few subgenres one of my favourite being nintendocore lol a mixture of techno Nintendo game noises and deathcore, its completly out there but it quite funny to listen to.

I'm looking fowards to your story lol

:se7:

lol, yes, Nintendo game music is always amusing to listen to. It inevitably summon to mind the thoughts of bananas....

Last edited:
That's all I ask from fellow writers. :D

I'm not new to the fan fic game, but at most I've had an audience of three, and they were close friends. I want to see how I do with an entire Forum.

It's funny. I didn't really think much of poetry a long time ago and now I'm writing more of that as well. These random thoughts pop into my head and I have to jot them down somewhere when I get them. I think doing poetry has postively affected my writing, too.

Yeah it does that for someone. One of my former members used to post all sorts of poetry. She also wrote some stories, and I think they were neat.

So I encourage you to keep up with the poetry. It can help with story writing, and vice versa. :)

Excuse the double post, but I think the rules say I can do so if it took place days later.

I wanna ask: Does anyone even READ my story? I would love some comments. You don't have to, but there must be a reason why no one is posting. x.x

People may read the story, but some choose not to comment. I know some people do the same with me. Instead they may tell me in another form such as a PM or on MSN. :hmmm:

I used to get annoyed with the same thing, but now I'm not too bothered about it. xD

Back