Do people around you hate ff?

Do they hate it?

• No

Votes: 44 57.9%
  • Yes

Votes: 32 42.1%

• Total voters
So far, I don't know anyone personally who hate FF with a passion. But I know a lot of people who are indifferent or having bad impressions on them. I do know people who like FF, but so far, I don't think I know anyone who loves it with a passion like I do.

But then again, in the current decade, RPGs and simulation games (like sim city, roller coaster tycoon, etc) are no longer games that people usually play. Most people I know either play shooting games and/or multiplayer online games like world of warcraft. I don't find anyone of these games interesting at all.

I'm very lucky actually, a lot of people around me (who like games :D) really like the Final Fantasy series! But even if they didn't like it, I know I would still love it to bits! :x3:

I can't say anyone around me hates it. Most just aren't interested, and a few pretend to hate it although they've never played a FF game in their life...I can't understand how you can hate something you know nothing about...

All I see around me is just a lack of interest in the FF games in general, and perhaps even the whole of the JRPG genre. I've certainly introduced FF to some of them in the past and very few of them have even heard of them despite proclaiming themselves as being gamers familiar with a lot of big video game franchises. I know I've managed to get my sister interested in FFXIII (unintentionally as a matter of fact), and that's probably it. There is certainly no one I know who despises FF. Chances are if there is hatred towards FF, it's usually for unfounded reasons.

Where I live, most of my friends don't "hate" it, but they show no interest in it. Several actually said they hated it, and that really sucks for me. I come from a small community of around 300, all of which I know. It gets frustrating sometimes, knowing that there's no one to talk to about any RPG game :(

Mmm... No.
I don't think many of my friends ever played FF because my age I think doesn't actually fit a "typical" FF player.
I do have one friend through the Internet who has played FF7, FF8, FF10 and enjoyed them, I told her to try the NES and SNES trilogy :)

I am 23 years old (damm I am getting old) and there is still a social stigma around video games aside from Call of Duty. I spend a majority of time with people in the greek life and I would be chastised for my love of Street Fighter and Final Fantasy (Although SF is more socially acceptable then FF, but when I play against the frat guys I have to go at 40% and not let them realize how good I am at the game...) It is like heaven forbid I went to spend a Saturday afternoon playing SF4 at the arcade instead of playing a game of 4 banger.

Ah, yes, the opinnion of society isn't the most important thing to be worried about :P

I do think I live my life the right way and for some reasons I like to play some RPG's and like it, so it isn't really other's business :)
Off course FF7, FF8, FF10 are more adult and darker I think but who doesn't like FFIV, FF2 is also great, in spite of it being quite childish ;)

It is being a bit idealistic to say the views of society don't matter. Although I do let certain views and perception change or alter what I do I still maintain who I am; whether it is high school, a law firm, fraternities, and or sororities’ perception matters.

If it is known I am spending a Friday night playing final fantasy as opposed to going out to a mixer (which is an obligation in greek life) it is looked down upon and when it comes time for elections people remember this kind off stuff.

Well, yeah, what I meant was I don't really listen to opinions under my adress, which just come out of stupidity, or beacuse of "everyone does/doesn't do it, whith no aparrent or logical reason to explain why f.e. somebody think's I'm doing something wrong.

Sometimes the words of others show us who we are but that's a bit beside the topic :)

I don't really talk to anyone about FF besides some who actually know what it is.
When saying "I play FF", people usually say something like "ahh... I think I heard about it". Heh, besides a "conversation" with my friend ones, which looked someting like this:
"-Isn't it time to grow up out of these games? You're twenty one.
-Yeah, that's why I'm smarter than you :)"

I don't really discuss playing FF"s with anyone outside of this forum aside from Aztec Triogal, but that's a rare occasion anymore. Back in the day we would have huge discussions about it, but otherwise, I only chat FF with you guys or a rare person at work.

Overall, I don't see people "Hating" it though. I wouldn't say everyone loves it, because that's not true, but most people I know just haven't played the games. I could have easily never played any FF games either had it not been for one friend letting me borrow his way back like some 11 years ago.

But I Would say "no", most people I know don't hate the games.

Last edited:
On high school people playing FF were rare. Bu now on my new school there are a lot of people who like FF,
My cousin hates it, she liked Cloud at first but when she snapped out of that she hated it, also my mom and dad hate it and most familymembers xD
My best friend hated it at first as well until she saw the movie, but she still didn´t like the games. but now she bought FFXIII, and she can´t wait for versus.

A couple of my friends dislike the series even though they have never played any of the games but usually the ones that try the games like at least one of the games I think it is mostly FFX that they like. I don't allow any of my friends to say anything bad about Final Fantasy unless they have played some of the games because the whole I hate Final Fantasy and never played any of the games thing kind of pissed me off cause they were talking about something they never experienced if they try it and don't like it then I wouldn't mind cause it wouldn't be their type of game but mostly when they play the games they like them. So I think that only one or two people actually hate FF and the rest like it but don't talk about it, but none of my friends really like the whole series usually just one of the games so I would say people around me don't hate FF

I've met plenty of people online who have played and enjoyed at least one FF game, but in regards to face to face contact...I've met a handful at best. I have also noticed that a lot of people seem to bash the RPG genre without actually having much experience with it.

Yes they do seem to hate it for no reason :hmmm: Seeing as they have never played a FF game in their life I dont see how they have the right to judge others who do like the games.

.FTR.

The people I knew while growing up hated anything that wasn't on television as a reality show or soap opera. Heh, everything else was immediately disapproved without futher trial. So I guess yes, certain people around me hate(d) Final Fantasy. It wasn't until certain fashions became the 'in' thing that playing video games, reading manga and listening to japanese music was cool that people suddenly found my interests worth investigating. Blah! >_>

Some of my friends hate it ever since they started making the new Final Fantasies. They were fine with it up to 9 like me, but now they think it's overrated and overplayed. There's not much thought put into the games anymore, so I can't really blame them for disliking it.

Well... You know, I don't think "hate" is a good word here, beacuse as you see most people don't hate it, they just tend to jugde something they don't like [ well, really even they don't know if they would dislike the game, if they're not playing it ].

It's just it isn't something they love or are accustomed to, so naturally it's easy to say just "it's stupid, I hate this shit, OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111111".
To really hate something I think, you must know it well, have good reasons for the hatred and it would fit more for people who f.e. don't like the sequels beacuse they're poor, and not for someone who doesn't know what he's talking about but just "hates" it.

Are there really people who really HATE the game for some reason?

sadly, a lot of people I know hates final fantasy.... they just rather games like fifa and call of duty... but.. i say but, i got a mate interested in crisis core and final fantasy xiii once :D also i have a mate that only played fifa and football manager..... but now he takes dissidia off me a lot of the time so he can play it ;) but saying that... alot of people that plays fighting games like teken and have a psp seems to have dissidia, which is intresting because gamers like people that wouldnt dream of playing ff are now playing them through dissidia.. i think that was a good thing for square

Back