Do people around you hate ff?

Do they hate it?

• No

Votes: 44 57.9%
  • Yes

Votes: 32 42.1%

• Total voters
Well I can remember introducing the game (Final Fantasy X) to my friends and they really took it differently to me.........My friends and me even are the type of people hwho play games like Def Jam,FIFA,Tekken etc so they generallly play fighiting and sporting games........But I think when I introduced FFX to them they called me "a little gay" (I'm not gay I LOVE the honeyz) and a "childish gamer". I think its because of characters in the FF series like Tidus,Vanille,Yuna (FFX-2 only),Zell,Penelo etc that ruin games for me.........I don't know if its just the japanese culture or the terrible voice acting but there is an element in the FF series that is too "kiddy"......Come on SE we are grown up leave the kiddie parts for KH........and even when I come accross a kiddie scene while playing an FF I really do try and ignore it........So thats why I seem to just play FF on my own and am not gonna bother tryna introduce them back into FF I'll just get more diss.

Well the only person I've ever talked to about it IRL is my husband, and he's kind of meh about FF :hmmm: He liked all the ones he's played bits of (IV, VI, most of VII, half of IX, and XII), but he's never finished one, and has thus only seen IX, VII, and X all the way through from watching me finish them (he didn't like X at all XD). He's not much into linear stories though, he prefers games with more open storylines such as Neverwinter Nights, Elder Scrolls, etc. (which I do enjoy also) :hmmm:

I think I have a grand total of...2 friends who love FF like I do
and then the rest hate it and think its boring :( they clearly have no idea

I wouldn't say "hate", but my uncle doesn't like it very much, because he thinks it's boring. My mother also isn't quite a fan of FF.
But I wouldn't say they "hate" it because they just don't want to play it themselves.

I am shocked to see many people around us that hate or don't care about the thing we love.

In my case, I don't know a single person from my whole country that knows the word 'Final Fantasy'. Almost everyone I know plays sport or shooter games and in the games that they play they just ignore and skip every dialogue and cutscene. They don't care about a storyline and only play newer games.

My friends know Final Fantasy, because I sometimes talk about it, but not much and they haven't played any. If they did I doubt that they will like it. I hate forcing someone into loving or playing something that they won't, even though they sometimes do it on me. I have a friend who talks 80% of time about Tomb Raider games and want's me to play it. Anyway, I would 'die' to find a person from my region that is a Final Fantasy fan. :P

unfortanetly, yes.

yes some of my friends hate it. they're all in to frikking call of duty. but i'm trying my best to sway their opinions at least a little bit... there are a couple of my friends that like ff like me, but most don't...

Well, I'll put it to you this way... there are people on a Final Fantasy fan site that can't even bring themselves to like certain Final Fantasy games, even the popular ones. So I'd say, that I might as well not even bother. What's the use?

A lot of friends that I know who love to play games also love to play Final Fantasy. I haven't met anyone that has played Final Fantasy and disliked it.

Unfornately I have friends that hate most of the FF games because of their "Shitty graphics" (I really dont care about the graphics if the story and the gameplay is great then thats enough for me). This is one of the reasons why I joined this forum and so far I've enjoyed my stay here :D

This...so many people are hung up on the graphics...which sucks because I always thought it was the story lines, character development and plots that made it such an awesome series in the first place.

Everyone I know that hassnt played a final fantasy game, doesnt like them haha. haters

Unfornately I have friends that hate most of the FF games because of their "Shitty graphics" (I really dont care about the graphics if the story and the gameplay is great then thats enough for me). This is one of the reasons why I joined this forum and so far I've enjoyed my stay here :D

Well people in my family hate it, besides my sister, because we talked about it all the freaking time back in the day. But most of my friends enjoy final fantasy. I mean, all my nerd friends. The nonnerds kinda hate it because all my nerd friends talk about it all the time...

Well, some do like it, some like it because I emphasize about how I'm a bigtime fan and some just don't really like it. Usually people prefer Call of Duty.

It's not a bad game but a lot of people think that if you get to shoot and blow stuff up, the rest is crap and it's mandatory to have gunfire and explosions to be a good game.

My recruitment has begun to persuade people and I'm successful with 3 people already :) .

i can onestly say noone hates it around here....... cause most people are to bussy playing halo or somin and dont have the TIME to hate it!

well atleast i have quite afiew rpg'ers around town so that im not lonly in my neerdyness

GOD YES! all my really good friends all hate FF :rage:

I can't actually talk about it infront of them with out them saying that its shit, or that I am a freak for playing it :sad2: its a bit harsh really as they ARE ALL WRONG :mokken:

Virtually everyone I know is a fan of Final Fantasy to some extent, family excluded. This includes both friends that I talk to face-to-face and ones that I talk to online.

I know people who hate certain ones, but all of them? Not really.

Mainly FF8 gets the hate, which really hurts me because it's like my baby.

A lot of the people who like games in my family continue to dislike Final Fantasy because of the most used reason "It's boring because there is no action and you have to take turns." That's all they look at. They don't say anything about the graphics, the story, characters, etc. It's kind of pointless to explain to them too because they make claims with no research to back it up lol. Only a few family members are like that, so it's alright. I enjoy it, that's all that matters :P

Back