Do guys care...

I find it weird how many women responded. Honestly.. I think men do care.

I noticed people took the point of relationships, which honestly I don't see the relation to the OP's thread. I think most men are pigs in a sense, that if they see a girl with a nice dolled up thin face, then they automatically assume the rest of her body is damn fine as well.

First thing I look at is the girl's smile. Tits and Ass are nice for looking at, but for a girl who has a nice smile, it can mesmerize. I personally hate tons of make up, but a little is awesome. I mean no offense to any girls that have bad hormonal genetics, but breaking out is one of the main causes to doll your face up even more.. or even take birth control. So in a sense, even women see other women as attractive by how they do their make up, and how well they cover up acne.

If a girl has a bad ass eye shadow, that doesn't over contrast her face.. I see it as exotic. If a girl has overly too much lip gloss, I find it whore-ish, and I know where those lips have been (DSL's ;) ).

There are some girls that can pull off a look with little to no make up though.. and it's nuts. Though no one is perfect. Hell dude's have acne too.. and bumps and whatever else.. so it's nothing we can control at all times.

If a girl wears makeup or not? My dad is always going on like no guy cares or not if a girl wears makeup and stuff like that but I don't really buy it, I have personally never seen a guy say celebrity women are as "sexy" as everyone thinks without makeup -- or any woman for that matter, I am not trying to be sexist but this is a genuine question; as a woman who doesn't wear makeup I am just wondering. If I made that unclear what I meant was; Do guys really mind or care if a woman doesn't wear any makeup, are they still pretty in you opinions?

This is really a question to the men...but women feel free to also put your input here as well; I think the topic includes both sides really :hmmm:

Frankly, I do not care if one wears make up or not. I do find women without make up more appealing as I really like the true beauty of someone rather than the addition of artificial attributes such as make up or lipstick. The more natural they look, the more real I feel they are.

I personally rarely bother with make up.Mainly cause you need to invest time to it and I generally don't enjoy giving the impression that I'm better looking than I actually am.But hey,perhaps I avoid it cause my skin is not bad.Never had much of a problem with acne.
When one of my friends is wearing nice make up,as in it suits her,I usually compliment her.It's not like I am against it in fact,I enjoy looking at it I simply don't think it's for me.Yes,I'm one of the plain looking people and I prefer to keep it simply.

I don't really care about makeup... If you wanna wear it, that's fine, but I'm not picky about appearances, and I'd rather people just be themselves.

My boyfriend tells me I don't need it; but I wear it regardless. Then again, I very occasionally have some days when I don't. I think he secretly prefers it, anyway.
To be honest each guy tends to have a kind of 'make-up quota' they like on a girl (In my opinion), some don't mind a fair bit (others like minimal or none), but obviously there is a 'too much' barrier that some break. Some blokes just don't notice either way. :O

My boyfriend tells me I don't need it; but I wear it regardless. Then again, I very occasionally have some days when I don't. I think he secretly prefers it, anyway.
To be honest each guy tends to have a kind of 'make-up quota' they like on a girl (In my opinion), some don't mind a fair bit (others like minimal or none), but obviously there is a 'too much' barrier that some break. Some blokes just don't notice either way. :O

Yeah, this thread was meant more for the purpose of the women who guys aren't dating yet. I am pretty sure some guys don't mind if their girlfriends wear it or not, but more like would a guy pick a makeup wearing woman over a bare faced woman, kind of thing.

Yeah, this thread was meant more for the purpose of the women who guys aren't dating yet. I am pretty sure some guys don't mind if their girlfriends wear it or not, but more like would a guy pick a makeup wearing woman over a bare faced woman, kind of thing.
I love me some bear-faced women, too. :3

j/k.

Which is what I was getting at with the 'make-up quota' thing. Some guys go for the minimal or even no make-up thing more often when they have their eyes peeled for a potential girlfriend/date material, others, in some cases, girls dolled up to the extreme. I think the majority prefer the less is more thing though.

I originally started typing up a pretty long and detailed post, but it can all be summed up pretty easily.

I can't speak for all guys, nor will I try to. Beauty is a subjective thing - if I showed a hundred heterosexual guys a picture of the most beautiful woman I could think of, I guarantee that some of them will disagree with me. I tend to find that a woman who can artfully and tastefully apply makeup (notice I'm not mentioning amount here - large amounts can be used tastefully) to emphasize certain features can definitely catch my eye.

But again; beauty is subjective. If you make your average "blonde bombshell" type with a good bit of makeup on stands next to your average "librarian" type with minimal makeup, the jury's going to be out as to which one is more attractive because they both are.

I rarely ever wear make up. It takes too much time to put on and I find that it a waste of money. I honestly don't care if a guy cares whether or not I wear make up.

Some may care but I'm not sure if most notice.

depends on how old you are

if you're a milf, then yes

if you're fresh out of high school or still in school, then no

though, there is nothing wrong with trying to look extra great for a special occasion.

i understand that the point of this thread is that (well i assumed at least, feel free to correct me) you're trying to appeal to men and you're asking about their opinions on this matter

but really like woooooooow i am gettin sick of this forum real fast

first off no one needs makeup, that's just silly. if men are emasculated and shamed because they want to wear makeup then you sure as hell should not be telling me that women need it. whether it's one woman or all women.

secondly i believe makeup should be for making YOU feel good about how you look

you shouldn't stress about whether or not men will think it looks good or gross or weird or anything like that. funny how there's some arbitrary line between "enough" and "too much" makeup

if some days, you feel like you want to put it on because you're not happy with how your skin looks that day, go for it! if you don't have time or you're feeling confident already, or if you just do not give a fuck (contrary to popular belief, you are allowed to) don't wear it! i'm not going to pretend that men don't approach based (almost) solely on your appearance because well that's the truth, but i seriously doubt just because you're wearing makeup he'd approach you thinking that you'd look "ugly" without it. if he likes your face he likes your face.

and if he's THAT obsessed with making sure you have a smooth face with no pimples or acne or dark circles or wrinkles for when you go out in order to 'impress' his friends or other people thennnnnnn... well honestly i don't know how to reply to that because that is way past my 'acceptable behavior' line.

SO IN CONCLUSION.

wear it if you want. don't if you don't. i doubt it's a deciding factor (it's absolutely not for me but then again i'm not a man) and imo it shouldn't be. there will always be different opinions from man to man and you can't impress them all! so do what makes you feel pretty, and if you feel good looking, embrace it, confidence is almost universally accepted as being sexy (but i won't get into the other issue of people thinking they get to decide who is allowed to be confident, lmao)

also pleasepleaseplease remember

you don't owe being pretty to anyone, especially not that asshole who's ogling your legs trying to decide whether or not he thinks you're worthy of him

just because you're going out doesn't mean you are automatically required to impress anyone who sees you! i really love this blog entry/article/whatever you want to call it: http://www.dressaday.com/2006/10/20/you-dont-have-to-be-pretty/ . it really made me change my outlook and hopefully it'll make anyone else who happens to read this feel more confident

wow my feminist is showing, i should go~

:hmmm: I don't disagree with anything you're saying, Ari. Well, a couple minor things. (If you look like a rodeo clown, that's too much makeup.) But. The original question was basically "do men find women attractive without makeup," not "should men find women without makeup attractive," or "should women have to put on makeup to be more attractive." I agree that there's a ridiculous amount of societal pressure placed on women to be as physically attractive as possible, but that's a different, bigger, much more sociological issue than the OP. This is much more a knee-jerk, first glance, physical response deal.

Well, I probably don't hold the most typical view here, but in my opinion, less is more when it comes to girls and makeup. Too much, and it just makes a person unapproachable. Either they seem too perfect to carry on a normal conversation with, or they look like they're trying really, really hard to hide something. Both cases send the wrong message. Now of course that 'too much' line can be hard to define thanks to differing opinions, but I personally am talking about really keeping it minimal.

So to answer the original question directly, yes I do care...if a certain line is crossed. Inside that boundary, I don't care at all. It really does not improve my opinion of anyone to see them with makeup, so for the most part I'd say don't bother (in everyday situations), but it's up to you.

Yes they care, and they have preferences too. Well that works for me, at least. After years of my sister asking how is her makeup, I've created a sense to judge whether or not it will fit a situation, for my own tastes, of course. I personally like lipsticks with discreet colors, and heavy dark eye makeup. I wish I could use eye makeup without problems.

My husband dislikes it when people (not just girls) wear makeup. We're on the same page there; we just generally prefer when people don't alter their bodies.

All my life growing up, I've never seen one bit of makeup in my home. My mom was allergic to it, and the rest of my family just doesn't like it. I grew up with the thought that all natural is beautiful. I still stand by that. I hate when I see girls all covered in makeup. It's cool to wear makeup if she really wants to, but there's no reason to walk around looking like Doink the Clown. That's just crazy. It personally doesn't matter to me though. I'll like a person because of their personality.

I don't like it when they wear make up, because they always look better without it. Women perceive themselves differently than the men perceive them though, so this is understandable. . .

I personally think that if women want to wear make up, they can. If it makes them feel much better, well then that's good. I don't really care about it anyway.

My exes were fairly attractive with or without make-up, so I just told them to go with whatever made them happy.

I don't think that most guys care if you're wearing makeup... I certainly don't :wacky:

Tbh, I'm long past caring what guys think of how I look. Yeah, it's nice that they think you look nice and are attracted to you, but if they are going to judge you for how much eyeliner you wear or whether they like your shade of lipstick then to hell with them.

I had an ex once who after I got to know him better while we were dating said to me once quite randomly "You really don't wear a lot of makeup, do you?" and I was like no, I really don't. He really didn't say anything about it after that, but I know his sister wore a TON of eyeliner and lipstick that didn't really match her skintone. I could tell he was comparing me to her and possibly a lot of the other girls he's been out with (I've seen pictures of his ex'es).

I personally wear makeup because I want to, not because I'm out to impress someone else. Personally though, I don't wear a lot of makeup, at all. I have very nice skin without all of the excess foundation and etc... If I wear eye makeup it REALLY ages me now, so I only do eyeliner when I feel like it or when I'm going out. Mascara I usually wear along with lip gloss and blush. If I wear eyeshadow its to coordinate with an outfit or something that I'm wearing.

I think makeup should be something a woman wears to enhance her features, not something she needs to hide in to submit to a man's approval of her.

So in conclusion, I'm sure they probably do care (if it's to a guy's personal preferences) whether or not a girl wears makeup. Either they are shallow enough to think it's what makes a girl beautiful, they think a girl could look pretty both with and without it, or they really don't care either way.

Back