Contacts or Glasses?

Kandy-Sugar

ღWhite Roséღ ♀
Veteran
Gil
So I was talking to a few people at work these last few weeks about why they prefer to wear contacts to glasses.

They said it's because they're pretty much blind and need them all the time an find it easier and more comfortable to wear contacts.

I know that some people at work prefer to wear glasses though because they hate the thought of touching their eyeballs. XD

I wear glasses but only for reading and would never consider getting contacts even if I needed them all the time.

I just don't think I'd go very well trying to pop them in and out every day and then there's the whole putting them in solution as well. I know I'd be lazy.

Apparently some of them are only meant to last two weeks and then you have to dispose of them. :hmmm: Pretty expensive in comparison to buying one pair of glasses and having a spare set just in case.

Yes, I totally agree.

I find glasses much less of a hassle then trying putting up with contacts. I personally prefer glasses also, because girls look so much more sexier with them :dave:

As for myself, I wear glasses because, I'm very nearsighted, and I can barely see 50 feet away. Glasses are much easier to take care of, you put them on and shabam. You just have to be very delicate with them.

I never had glasses until this year and I don't desperately need them but they really do come in handy with my computer job.

Less headaches. I was always squinting because the edges of letters always seemed to go blurry and out of focus. I'm fine with everything else luckily.

So having glasses suits me fine. I can go home and take them off and be fine without them the rest of the night.

I remember when all the girls in school got glasses because it was the cool thing to do. I don't think they were even prescription lenses. XD Just the frames with regular lenses that did nothing. =P

I am also near-sighted. I wear glasses, but I am not planning to wear contacts. As you said, it's troublesome.

But there was an occasion where my glasses just flew when I was riding on the roller coaster XD
It was a horrible experience. I didn't get to experience fully the other rides after that..

Girls do look better with glasses most of the time, I agree!

@Vikki Ah yes, those are called Hipster glasses. People, particularly teens wear them as a style of fashion.

I don't need either (yet) and glasses NEVER suit me, but I'd still opt for glasses. Contact lenses are far too expensive and I would always worry about infecting my eyes. :( Even if I took complete care of my contacts, I would worry that I'd trapped germs underneath them. :lew:

When it comes to others... Everyone I've met who's needed glasses has looked super in them! :) Chris wears glasses and they've just become a part of who he is in my eyes. I don't think he'd consider contacts and I wouldn't want him to (though if he decided to, it would be entirely up to him!) Most of my closest friends wear glasses too... A couple of them will occasionally wear contacts, but I really like their glasses. They suit them! :)

I am gonna look like such a weirdo if I neer need them. :ness:

I've been wearing glasses almost my entire life, ever since I was around seven years old or something like that. I have grown to accept that my eyes are going to be fucked up, and that I'm going to be wearing them for years to come.I have thought about contacts on several occasions, but then I found out that it's a twice of a hassle to take care of them that it is with glasses.

The thing with me, I really don't need my glasses ALL the time. I had originally gotten my glasses because my right eye was becoming a "lazy" eye, which means it starts to trail inwards, but that was in my childhood. It still does that now, but now as bad. I can't stare at a bright light without my glasses for more than a few hours because my lazy eye starts acting up. It's nothing TOO serious, but it's still a pain in my ass. :hmph:

Now that I'm in my late-teens, I have been able to wear different types of glasses, mainly the types that look good and serve its purpose. :ryan:

Definitely glasses. The thought of contact lenses snuggling against my eyeballs is something I don't even want to think about, let alone trying out. Spectacles are definitely the far more comfortable option. The prospect of contact lenses isn't mitigated by the stories of eye infection I've seen and heard from a couple of people have tried to wear contacts, including my uncle namely.

As long as you take good care of your glasses (which isn't hard at all, unless you bought something really cheap and flimsy), they'll last a good while. Cost-wise, I hear different stories from proponents of contact lenses and their opponents, but seeing as lenses aren't a one time purchase and are an ongoing cost, it can be more expensive depending on how one treats their spectacles. I've had this pair for a good few years now, and I definitely feel that it's been an investment worth splashing out on, whereas if I had gone for contacts instead, who knows how much I would have incremented in spending over time.

I've never even thought about wearing contacts before...I really don't like the idea of fucking around with my eyes like that. Now that I've just read stuff about eye infections and whatnot, I'm only further discouraged from ever considering them...much as I would like to have coloured contact lenses at some stage. xD

Glasses definetely last a lot longer than contacts; I'm on my third pair, and I've been wearing glasses since I was...twelve, I think? Three pairs over a decade isn't bad going. I outgrew my first pair, and my second weren't strong enough for me anymore, so I had to get a new pair earlier this year when I went for a checkup. I'm quite happy to keep going with them...after all, my vision is horrendously short-sighted. Too many years of sitting close to a TV screen. xD

I kind of prefer contacts.

I mean I wear glasses a good 80% of the time but everyone who knows me and has been around me long enough always prefers me without glasses. I've never been too fond of my glasses to begin with since every time I take them off my face it literally takes me 10 minutes or more to find them and nearsightedness doesn't help much xD Since my eyes are sensitive to sunlight my glasses are like magnifying glasses going outside and if I wear shades I'll be almost blind to everything within five meters! lol

As for contacts I've seriously tried getting them but the one problem I have with them is getting them in my eye. I mean I went to try them on once and it took me like an hour to try and pop one in my eyes. I guess I'm not used to touching my eyes that much but I also have a smaller squinty-ish lookin eyes due to a lot of squinting so I sometimes blame the problem on my eye sockets being too small.

But anyways for the most part I prefer contacts. People seem to really like me without glasses and I'd like to see without having to search with my arms extended to find my glasses. xD

I don't need or wear glasses but I think if I did need them I would stick with the glasses and not wear the contacts because I cannot even imagine poking my finger in my eye just to put them in weekly or whenever they need replacing. I don't enjoy touching my eyes or thinking about it :damon:

I spaz out if I try to put my contacts in. xD I tried when I was younger, but I've never been able to do it, and I probably never will. And it just feels weird once I have them in. I'll probably just stick to my glasses. Also a lot easier to put on quickly, while with contacts you've got to have a mirror and time.

I flip between both depending on the situation. Normally I wear glasses, especially in summer, but in the winter and spring I'll wear contacts when I have the time to put them in. Outside of that, it helps to have a pair of contacts that I can wear in case my glasses break or in recent times, when I had to give them up so I could get new lenses.

I wear my contacts during the day and my glasses at night.

I prefer my contacts though when I'm at work. I don't have to worry about them sliding down my nose or making the place where they rest on the tops of my ears hurt. They are really comfortable for the first 12 hours of wear and then my eyes start drying out and hurting at about 15 hours :wacky: I love them though. I can't feel them when I have them in as they are super comfortable. Plus I have them in a royal blue tinted color so they make my slate blue eyes uber blue. <3

Glasses just aren't my thing. I have a pair of black-framed DKNY frames and I like them alright, although I was considering getting a pair of wired frames for my 12 hour shifts when I'm at work that's coming up in the future...but I don't know . I think I'll just stick with my contacts.

I prefer glasses, though they can get very uncomfortable at times and I have to adjust them and clean them and :rage: I just don't want to take the time to put contacts in and take them out every morning and evening. I just wish I could open my eyes up and...see for once :sad3: Both I find to be a hassle. I knock my glasses off of things, and have to grope around to find them. I wear them all day every day, and have since I was about 6. Current pair wasn't adjusted correctly on one side so it doesn't rest right, but I don't notice it anymore (watch me notice now that I think about it :rage:). Overall, I prefer glasses. And though I look retarded without glasses, I wish I didn't have to wear anything at all :sad3:

I'd much rather wear contacts than glasses. I've worn my lenses since I was a little kid and I've hated them since. No matter how careful I try and be, my frames always end up somehow getting bent and the stupid things are always sliding off of my head. I can't even turn my head quickly because the they'll come off and fly across the room. :sad3:

I'd be more than happy to deal with the "discomfort" of wearing contacts than wear glasses.

I used to have to wear glasses all of the time when I was younger. It was very annoying and it impacted on my self-esteeme.

Gradually as I grew up, I got used to them. It's quite natural tbh. But as soon as I was old enough to wear contacts, I tried them out (cause I hated my glasses). So I began to wear contacts most of the time (at least everytime I went out on nights out). They were also very useful to have when shaving. I couldn't see myself without my glasses and my glasses always fogged up when I was shaving which became a bit of a nuisance to deal with. I always ended up missing patches on my neck. Or even worse - cutting myself.

When I started working, I saved up as much money as possible to get laser eye surgery and i've never looked back on it since. It was definitely one of the best things that i've ever done! I highly recommend anyone who's thinking of it to try it out. For the sake of 10 mins discomfort, you could wake up and see perfectly for the rest of your life. I'd do it all again in an instant if necessary!

I'm a contacts wearer and think that they are much more convenient once they are in. The problem is that it takes a while to get used to inserting them. At first, it would take me about half hour of sitting at a table with a mirror. Now, after a few years, it's a 2 second job. Of course, the initial discomfort is still there, where you feel like there is an eyelash on your eye...but that only lasts a minute at the most.
My glasses always used to break, so it was the most annoying thing in the world.

Last edited:
Glasses for me, I'm lucky in the fact that I only have to wear them when I'm on the computer or playing games :D i couldn't even think of myself wearing contacts.. all the bother of putting them in your eyes and having to sort them out... god even thinking of something going in my eyes .... :rage:

Back