[Birthweek 2016] Treasure Hunt! - Game Thread

I'll go down to P,5

You know I feel lucky at the tip of this island... D-1! The Chocgraph tells me there is treasure!

Coive was having so much fun making his sand castle he didn't realise that time had passed, with a small "meep!" of surprise he left his almost completed masterpiece to find his mistress.
Salvae is not impressed to see her steed return empty beaked and treasure-less. One look at his sandy beak makes her smirk however. Straightening his jabot Salvae issues him his new coordinates.

Coive Digs @ D,1

Coive was having so much fun making his sand castle he didn't realise that time had passed, with a small "meep!" of surprise he left his almost completed masterpiece to find his mistress.
Salvae is not impressed to see her steed return empty beaked and treasure-less. One look at his sandy beak makes her smirk however. Straightening his jabot Salvae issues him his new coordinates.

Coive Digs @ D,1

Shace has just requested those coordinates in the post above you. :sad2:
Also, even when we move the chocobo diagonally from V,12 the new coordinates of D,1 are more than 10 paces away and are too far away.

Are there any other coordinates you'd like to explore?

Dionysos

Sorry, I'll take T,13 instead.

Map update 4:

Here are the latest digs!

Qb0bt4l.png

Discoveries:

H,6 - Smiffcobo enters the swamp and encounters Mortimer the Malboro!

UsGvKwF.png

Mortimer burps out bad breath all over Smiffcobo and he loses 1 turn!

Inventory:
Mythril ore = 1,000 Gil
Total = 1,000 Gil

Turn 1 - R,7 - Mythril Ore (+ 1 turn)
Turn 2 - M,2 - Hungry oglops! (-1 turn)
Turn 3 - Lost!
Turn 4 - K,3 - No finds.
Turn 5 - H,6 - Malboro burp! (-1 turn)
Turn 6 - Lost!

Smiffcobo is currently out of turns! His owner, iSmiff can either buy chocobofeed to give Smiffcobo another turn by surrendering his 1,000 Gil, or take part in the recruitment campaign (see below).

J,3 - Ghostrider thoroughly excavates the statue out of the long grass.

8y0257i.png

Thankfully a moogle has covered the heroic nudity of the statue of Mooglemachos (translation: moogle battler) with a modesty kupo-nut!

Inventory:
Shattered water crystal and fresco = 1,400 Gil
Statue of Mooglemachos = 600 Gil
Total = 2,000 Gil

Turn 1 - H,14 - No finds.
Turn 2 - F,7 - No finds.
Turn 3 - J,1 - Shattered water crystal and fresco
Turn 4 - J,3 - Statue of Mooglemachos
Turn 5

Unfortunately the other chocobos found nothing!

-

Now... Many of you were quite close that time to excavating items... But some of you were literally one square in the wrong direction! Better luck next time!

I've decided that there shall now be a new way for you guys to purchase turns for your chocobo, and that is through recruitment. If you can get a friend to join in with this game and credit you when he / she registers their chocobo, then your chocobo shall gain some choco-feed and gain an extra turn.

You may now all post your new turns now!

Ghostrider will now go to the statue sticking it's way out of the water at K-1/K-2, whatever one will not have him drown.

Ghostrider will now go to the statue sticking it's way out of the water at K-1/K-2, whatever one will not have him drown.

You can do either. Just let me know which one you'd prefer in case another player wants to use the other coordinate.

Your chocobo can dive into the ocean if you wish for one turn. Only if your chocobo takes two consecutive water turns will he drown.

Few people are touching the ocean, but there are treasures within!

I will take K-2 then the tip of the trident and statue head are bound to have something, but of course then the base of the statue might have more worth with it being a a tribute to Posiden.

Drumpf has somehow dozed off for a whole turn. He must have been listening to a Colonel (Bernie) Sanders speech again.

He is so drowsy, he can barely keep airborne, and plummets into the water at Q,3.

Hmmm. Elenaboko decides to move to N,4

Coive is getting sweaty with the exersion of all his digging. Sand is sticking to his feathers and making him itch, itch, itch. It's time for a bath!

Coive Dives @ U,13

Map update 5:

Here are some more digs (and dives)!

kWXjenG.png

Discoveries:

E,1 - Boco is minding his own business digging at the top of the map when he is attacked by three sirens!

hHHsBTT.png

Their songs are seductive. Their bodies are bewitching. Yet, Boco is terrified and needs to get away. Boco loses 1 turn.

Inventory:
Aerith's skeleton = 300 Gil
Total = 300 Gil

Turn 1 - F,10 - Aerith's skeleton (+ 2 turns).
Turn 2 - N,2 - No finds.
Turn 3 - J,2 - No finds.
Turn 4 - D,1 - No finds.
Turn 5 - E,1 - Siren attack! (-1 turn)
Turn 6 - Turn lost.
Turn 7

L,11 - Rogue digs in the dirt and excavates a decayed tree. Upon inspection it turns out to be the stumped ruins of an ancient moogle tree-house.

066ZSi4.png

The protective aura of the home, though weakened by the years, still has potency. Rogue gains 1 turn!

Inventory:
Lionskin and club = 1,200 Gil
Carved wooden moogle = 500 Gil
Ruined moogle house = 400 Gil
Total = 2,100 Gil

Turn 1 - N,7 - Lionskin and club.
Turn 2 - H,5 - Carved wooden moogle.
Turn 3 - H,8 - No finds.
Turn 4 - L,11 - Ruined moogle house
Turn 5 -
Turn 6 -

K,2 - Ghostrider dives to investigate the base of the colossus. A mass of skeletal remains are discovered. They have become disarticulated due to many, many years at the bottom of the sea, and yet they are preserved.

s3XL4SG.png

Inventory:
Shattered water crystal and fresco = 1,400 Gil
Statue of Mooglemachos = 600 Gil
Scattered skeletal remains = 200 Gil
Total = 2,200 Gil

Turn 1 - H,14 - No finds.
Turn 2 - F,7 - No finds.
Turn 3 - J,1 - Shattered water crystal and fresco
Turn 4 - J,3 - Statue of Mooglemachos
Turn 5 - K,2 - Scattered skeletal remains
soulcorruptor This unfortunately means that for now you are out of turns! Not a bad haul though!

Unfortunately the other chocobos didn't find anything...

Which unfortunately means that @Rich Uncle Pennybags and @Ross are out of turns for now. :sad2:

The rest of you may post your next coordinates!

*** UPDATE ***

I've thought about this some more and I've decided to alter a few things where turn purchasing / chocobo-feed purchasing is concerned. I'll add it to the rules now since nobody has purchased a new turn yet so it'll apply universally and will still be fair.

Buying Turns:
If your chocobo has spent all of his energy (turns) and you are out of the game, fear not! There are a couple of ways to get more turns and return to the game.

1) Purchase chocobo-feed. You can buy chocobo-feed for 500 Gil (1 turn granted) or 1,000 Gil (2 turns granted). This is not forum Gil, but the Gil you have collected in item value while playing this game.

2) Recruit a friend. Simply ask a friend to register a chocobo (point them to the sign-up thread: http://www.finalfantasyforums.net/t...-Treasure-Hunt!-Sign-up-and-discussion-thread). Get them to say that you convinced them and your chocobo will be granted 2 new turns! You may even help them come up with an idea for their chocobo if they are unsure about it.

You know what.. A-1! something is always hiding in the corner of the map in FF games!

I will use 500 gil for an extra turn please and check the top of the statue

Back