[Birthweek 2016] Treasure Hunt! - Game Thread

Map update 8:

By chance this was quite a morbid round. You keep finding skeletons!

Here are the latest dig locations:

jqWD5JB.png

Discoveries:

E,13 - Boco delays drowning so that he can dig once again on land. Boco uncovers three giant kupo-nuts. They have been carved crudely, perhaps by moogle children, to resemble moogle faces.

4PgYDuK.png

Kupo nuts are Mooglish symbols of life. The giant kupo-nuts grant Boco a turn.

Inventory:
Aerith's skeleton = 300 Gil
Carved Giant Kupo-Nuts = 600 Gil.
Total = 900 Gil

Turn 1 - F,10 - Aerith's skeleton (+ 2 turns).
Turn 2 - N,2 - No finds.
Turn 3 - J,2 - No finds.
Turn 4 - D,1 - No finds.
Turn 5 - E,1 - Siren attack! (-1 turn)
Turn 6 - Turn lost.
Turn 7 - A,1 - No finds.
Turn 8 - A,7 - No finds.
Turn 9 - E,13 - Carved Giant Kupo-Nuts (
+1 turn)
Turn 10 -

L,4 - Elenaboko digs in the ruins and finds the skeletons of a mother and child. Not far from this depressing scene are some pottery toys.

QBCYjsp.png

Inventory:
Ancient kylixes = 1,000 Gil
Skeletons of mother and child and pottery toys = 450 Gil
Total = 1,450 Gil.

Turn 1 - Q,7 - No finds.
Turn 2 - O,3 - No finds.
Turn 3 - P,5 - No finds.
Turn 4 - N,4 - No finds.
Turn 5 - M, 6 - Ancient kylixes (+2 turns)
Turn 6 - L,4 - Skeletons of mother and child with pottery toys.
Turn 7 -

G,4 - Rogue explores the woods and digs up a moogle skull, and part of the remains of a moogle wing.

0bbyPdL.png

Inventory:
Lionskin and club = 1,200 Gil
Carved wooden moogle = 500 Gil
Ruined moogle house = 400 Gil
Moogle skull = 300 Gil
Total = 2,400 Gil

Turn 1 - N,7 - Lionskin and club.
Turn 2 - H,5 - Carved wooden moogle.
Turn 3 - H,8 - No finds.
Turn 4 - L,11 - Ruined moogle house
Turn 5 - G,4 - Moogle skull.
Turn 6

Unfortunately the other chocobos did not find anything this time. Do keep trying!
Linnaete sadly Drumpf is out of turns for now. :sad2: Unless you recruit, trade 500 or 1,000 Gil, or decipher Mooglish, Drumpf will have to head to his Scottish golf course.

You can now all post your next coordinates!

Ghostrider goes to O-2 laughing at the Drumph for calling it an alien as he can no longer move and will be subject to whatever creatures may inhabit the island and may now possibly make him a skeleton.

I take it that if nothing happened you found nothing? :gasp: /missed something when reading rules maybe.

L,3 please!

I take it that if nothing happened you found nothing? :gasp: /missed something when reading rules maybe.

L,3 please!

Yeah, that's right.

To make it easier when I post each map update I only make drawings and announce the discovered finds or traps. If your chocobo isn't drawn for that round then it means that you didn't find anything (although all chocobos are shown on the map).

If you want an easy to read run-down of what your chocobo has found overall then see the first post in this thread. All chocobos and their inventories are listed there, and you can also see how many turns you have left.

Hope that clears it up!

She shall move down to that spiky mountain at J, 6

Map Update 9:

Here are the latest dig locations!

nc16Nrs.png

Discoveries:

A,15 - Boco takes another dive to the bottom of the ocean at the bottom corner of the map. The ocean yields up a pearl so enormous that Captain Nemo of the Nautilus would have gasped had he encountered it.

8b3peUo.png

The pearl is so beautiful, and so magical, that it exudes positive energy. Boco gains 1 turn.

Inventory:
Aerith's skeleton = 300 Gil
Carved Giant Kupo-Nuts = 600 Gil.
Giant Pearl = 1,500 Gil
Total = 2,400 Gil

Turn 1 - F,10 - Aerith's skeleton (+ 2 turns).
Turn 2 - N,2 - No finds.
Turn 3 - J,2 - No finds.
Turn 4 - D,1 - No finds.
Turn 5 - E,1 - Siren attack! (-1 turn)
Turn 6 - Turn lost.
Turn 7 - A,1 - No finds.
Turn 8 - A,7 - No finds.
Turn 9 - E,13 - Carved Giant Kupo-Nuts (
+1 turn)
Turn 10 - A,15 - Giant Pearl (+1 turn)
Turn 11 -

J,6 - Elenaboko hikes up the mountains and finds a broken horn which once belonged to a member of the Ronso tribe.

qesLBEp.png

Elenaboko is concerned for the poor ronso who misplaced his horn, as he was surely bullied and denied a mate as a result. However, ground down ronso horns make for a good potency powder. Elenaboko gains 1 turn.

Inventory:
Broken ronso horn = 350 Gil
Total = 1,800 Gil.

Turn 1 - Q,7 - No finds.
Turn 2 - O,3 - No finds.
Turn 3 - P,5 - No finds.
Turn 4 - N,4 - No finds.
Turn 7 - J,6 - Broken ronso horn (+1 turn)
Turn 8 -

Unfortunately the other chocobos did not find anything this time....

Which means that our ranks have thinned yet again. @soulcorruptor @shivas @Ross Your chocobos are out of turns for now. :sad2: Decide whether you want to keep your loot as it is, or trade Gil for feed, recruit, or solve the Mooglish mystery for more turns.

@Mitsuki and @Sice - Your chocobos still have a good number of turns left so make sure you don't miss out if you want to find something!

Those of you who are still in can post their next coordinate now!

How do we solve the moogilish, do you give us clues or something? Cause I might like to take a stab at it.

How do we solve the moogilish, do you give us clues or something? Cause I might like to take a stab at it.

I'm being deliberately enigmatic here.

Basically mooglish has popped up on some objects and in some moogle buildings in cartouches. By the context of their placement you might be able to work out what some moogle hieroglyphs mean.

It might not be easy, and you don't have to guess immediately (other chocobos might find more moogle artefacts soon which might help), but there are some mysteries on this island.

I would like to move to H,6!

The suspicious little patch on S,2 please!

Do you mean H,6? H,6 was taken a while ago by Smiffcobo (where he encountered a malboro trap and lost a turn).

Would you like another coordinate?

Made a mistake. Let's go with I6?

Map Update 10:

Here are our latest dig attempts from our brave chocobos.

YfVYilk.png

Discoveries:

I,6 - Elenaboko squelches through the swamp and finds that the fearful serpent known as the Midgar Zolom has been kebab-skewered. Who could possibly have done this?!

Z4oguwn.png

Thankfully the Midgar Zolom is dead and no threat to Elenaboko. The skin and venom of the serpent have good market value, however!

Inventory:
Broken ronso horn = 350 Gil
Midgar Zolom kebab = 497 Gil
Total = 2,297 Gil.

Turn 1 - Q,7 - No finds.
Turn 2 - O,3 - No finds.
Turn 3 - P,5 - No finds.
Turn 4 - N,4 - No finds.
Turn 7 - J,6 - Broken ronso horn (+1 turn)
Turn 8 - I,6 - Midgar Zolom kebab
@Lunafreya Nox Fleuret - This sadly means that Elenaboko is out of turns for now.

K,8 - Starbucks digs in the long grass and finds an incredible chryselephantine (gold and ivory) statue of Poseidon Delphinos (Poseidon of the Dolphins).

VgG22k8.png

It looks like moogles, or somebody else, has attempted to pull the statue to a different location after stealing it from the ruins. They gave up when the rope proved insufficient.

Inventory:
Chryselephantine statue of Poseidon Delphinos = 1,500 Gil.
Total = 1,500 Gil

Turn 1 - M,12 - No Finds.
Turn 2 - K,12 - No Finds.
Turn 3 - K,8 - Chryselephantine statue of Poseidon Delphinos
Turn 4 -
Turn 5 -

Unfortunately the other chocobos did not find anything this time!
@Mitsuki NeroTrinityX @Shace paissa @Six - Your chocobos are still in the game and you can post your next dig coordinates whenever you are ready.

Lmao, M,9 please.

Back