[Birthweek 2016] Treasure Hunt! - Game Thread

H-11 Please since I can't seem to find the invisible island you put somewhere in that ocean that i know has an invisible island :mokken:

my crappy attempt at decoding the moogle statue found recently nooelqwv, dehlvos, Noel dwelles here?

my crappy attempt at decoding the moogle statue found recently nooelqwv, dehlvos, Noel dwelles here?

Which statue do you mean? How many turns ago and what was the statue of?

Although I can say that that isn't written on any statue, sorry!

You can make as many attempts as you like at cracking Mooglish.

Map update 11:

Here are some further dig attempts by our remaining chocobos!

DH97pr0.png

Discoveries:

M,9 - Six digs in the dirt and is surprised by the sudden and unstoppable sprouting of various mogweed plants. Six also excavates an ancient Mooglish ritual container.

gl6GUoT.png

Inventory:
Frozen mummies and a statue of a moogle death god = 800 Gil
Mogweed and moogle container= 300 Gil
Total = 1,100 Gil

Turn 1 - K,5 - Frozen mummies and a statue of a moogle death god.
Turn 2 - R,10 - No Finds.
Turn 3 - L,3 - No Finds.
Turn 4 - S,2 - No Finds.
Turn 5 - M,9 - Mogweed and moogle container
Six - Since you've had 5 turns this means that, for now, your chocobo is out of turns. :sad2:

K,6 - Starbucks strolls through the mountains like a boss and spots what appears to be wool. There are no sheep or alpacas on this island, to anybodies knowledge. The only other creature that this wool must obviously belong to is a yeti!

eDUz9ZK.png

The yeti wool will fetch a good price with a gullible audience, but it'll probably be worth more if the existence of the yeti could be proved beyond doubt.

Inventory:
Chryselephantine statue of Poseidon Delphinos = 1,500 Gil.
Yeti wool = 200 Gil
Total = 1,700 Gil

Turn 1 - M,12 - No Finds.
Turn 2 - K,12 - No Finds.
Turn 3 - K,8 - Chryselephantine statue of Poseidon Delphinos
Turn 4 - K,6 - Yeti wool
Turn 5 -

Unfortunately Boco didn't find anything, which means that Shace paissa your chocobo is out of turns for now.

-
A word about Mooglish. I think there has been a misunderstanding about what the Mooglish items are. The Greek artefacts have Greek writing on them and I've tended to translate the Greek writing when describing the statues, etc. Don't worry about these. The Greek alphabet used is just to make the items more believable(ish).

The moogle items have cartouches containing hieroglyphs. This is what has not been deciphered. Each hieroglyph image means something. If you want to crack the 'Mooglish' script then it is the moogle-related objects that you need to look at, such as the one which Six discovered in this post.

It's just an extra, also. If you fancy becoming the first 'scholar' to decode the Mooglish hieroglyphs then you'll gain some extra turns. You don't have to do it and I'm not expecting anyone to do it. I just put more thought into designing this island than I should have.

-
Mitsuki NeroTrinityX - Your chocobos still have turns and you can post your next coordinates whenever you are ready.

The one I was trying was found on turn 10, unless that was greek writing then.

The one I was trying was found on turn 10, unless that was greek writing then.

Yeah that statue is a Greek object. Sorry about that. The big statues that come from the ruins are all human-made.

The ancient moogles have their own distinctive culture and people have occasionally caught glimpses of it during the course of this game. They usually carve objects out of kuponut wood rather than stone. They write in hieroglyphs.

If it helps here are the images which contain the mooglish objects:
The big tree building with a moogle goddess statue inside:
EYouv5E.png

The ruins of an ancient moogle tree-house:
066ZSi4.png

The statue of a moogle death god and some mummified sacrificial victims:
psEzcIC.png

A moogle container next to some mogweed:
gl6GUoT.png

There are more yet to be discovered, but most people have been focusing on the Greek ruins at the North of the island.

It might not seem easy, but there is a logic behind what the symbols mean. If you examine the writing in context you might be able to work out what concepts are being expressed by the symbols. Some symbols are used in more than one location, so once you figure out what that symbol means then it’ll help you to translate other phrases too.

Think about where the cartouches are. The purpose of the object or room. And look at what the symbols might depict or represent loosely.

Maybe get a pen and paper and try to work out what each symbol might mean and put it together to see if it makes sense.

Okay stab at images 1 and 4 then. for image 4, put the pot down here? for the first one In this tree you can find Kupo nuts above.

Okay stab at images 1 and 4 then. for image 4, put the pot down here? for the first one In this tree you can find Kupo nuts above.

You're following the right lines, but unfortunately that is not what they say. :sad2:

Map update 12:

Here are some more dig locations.

sA1a5r5.png

Discoveries:

J,5 - Starbucks digs at the boundary between the ruins and the forest. Starbucks unearths a curious aspis (Greek shield) with the likeness of Brahne painted in the style of an apotropaic gorgon. The arm and parts of the torso of the wielder are still attached.

1LtEEV1.png

Inventory:
Chryselephantine statue of Poseidon Delphinos = 1,500 Gil.
Yeti wool = 200 Gil
Brahne aspis = 500 Gil
Total = 2,200 Gil

Turn 1 - M,12 - No Finds.
Turn 2 - K,12 - No Finds.
Turn 3 - K,8 - Chryselephantine statue of Poseidon Delphinos
Turn 4 - K,6 - Yeti wool
Turn 5 - J,5 - Brahne aspis

H,7 - Elder Boko hops up the wooden planks of a moogle mountain trail and discovers 'The Big Pom Pom in the Sky'. This was clearly a site of some importance to the ancient moogles.

kB2Giii.png

Inventory:
Broken statue of a chocobo man = 1,000 Gil.
The Big Pom Pom in the Sky = 400 Gil.
Total = 1,400 Gil.

Turn 1 - K,4 - Broken statue of a chocobo man.
Turn 2 - H,4 - No Finds.
Turn 3 - K,14 - No Finds.
Turn 4 - H,7 - The Big Pom Pom in the Sky
Turn 5 - D,7- No Finds.

Both chocobos found something that round!

However, Starbucks is now out of turns. @Mitsuki

Map update 13:

Here is the most recent map update, and probably the last.
6d0tZhe.png

Unfortunately Elder Boko did not find anything. This means the Elder Boko is now out of turns! @NeroTrinityX

--

This all means that ALL of our chocobo participants are out of turns!

Unless anyone has any surprise chocofeed purchases or can translate some ancient Mooglish, you are all out. I'll be giving an overall and final update of the game tomorrow or the following day (aka, soon!). The winner shall be announced at this upcoming stage.

For that big pom pom in the sky does the one moogilish thing translate to eye watch?

For that big pom pom in the sky does the one moogilish thing translate to eye watch?

You are close! That forms part of it (the bit represented by the eye symbol). The eye symbol means 'eye' / 'watch' / 'observe'. The other symbol is another word.

There is a logic behind all of the symbols.

I realise that this is difficult though, so I do apologise.

Eye nest/spot/seat? Since first word had three meanings i'm guessing the other one might as well so throwing a couple out there.

Eye nest/spot/seat? Since first word had three meanings i'm guessing the other one might as well so throwing a couple out there.

Quite a few symbols translate into several words (although they are all conceptually related). Nest/spot/seat is not what the second symbol translates into though.

Unfortunately since nobody found any other Mooglish item with that exact symbol on it you haven't got anything else to compare it with to learn what it might mean in various contexts.

Some of the other symbols on the sign are repeated, however. As a clue, think about what the sign might be saying if you were to put a sign there.

That's what i'm trying to do and might be overthinking it then. Cause the only other thing I can think of right now is Bird watching spot.

That's what i'm trying to do and might be overthinking it then. Cause the only other thing I can think of right now is Bird watching spot.

Ah, I meant the small sign which is next to Elder Boko himself.

As a hint (and I can't give too many now!) all three of those symbols have appeared on other moogle objects that have been discovered. There were other moogle objects that are undiscovered which would have depicted the symbol you were focusing on now, but due to bad luck these haven't been discovered.

yeah that eye glass one is giving me trouble. Cause I saw it for the treehouse one, the other two look like an equal sign and a house. So something lives here, a bird lives here?

Back