[1/25] Leaked Dengeki Info on XIII-2, VSXIII, Type-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

321orez

Chocobo Breeder
Gil
Hmm, never posted any news, I just came across this and didn't see it here, hope this is ok

Final Fantasy Versus XIII

• The actual battle screen in the final game will show character names.
  • Some areas regarding how the battle screen shows commands will probably change for the final.
  • Magic has different effects depending on the character who uses it.
  • A young blonde male character shown in the magazine’s screenshots is good with guns. He alone has aiming controls and can aim for enemy weak spots.
  • When other characters use guns, they have just a normal lock-on.
  • The game has a large number of weapons. Main character Noctis can use them all.
  • Your battle party can have up to three members. However, the members who aren’t taking part in the battle will join in on conversations.
  • There are more party members than the four shown in the magazine. However, the game doesn’t have a massive number of party members.
  • Main character Noctis is not “cool.” He’s just a normal youth. He feels “I am strong,” but he’s not as strong as he thinks.
  • Some segments of the trailer show natural landscapes. These are like the fields you encounter in other games. The game will have time progression: morning, afternoon, evening and night.
  • Contrary to some theories, the dragon rider character who appears in the trailer is not heroine Stella. Nomura says he wouldn’t show Stella in such a state. The character you see in that sequence is an enemy.
  • You can steal army vehicles for your use. You can ride air ships, cars and Chocobos.
  • The blonde character shown in the trailer is Noctis’s friend. The other two characters are friends from Noctis’s childhood. The person with glasses is like Noctis’s tactician.
  • You’ll recall that someone in the trailer says “You’re not fit to be king,” or something to that effect. This statement is not directed at Noctis. (I think everyone assumed it was!)
  • Nomura says something along the lines of: This year, we have Type-0 and XIII-2, so please forget about Versus for a while. He asked that people be patient and understand that they’re trying to do something incredible.
  • At the earliest, we could see more from Versus XIII at E3.
Final Fantasy XIII-2

• XIII-2′s story begins in Gran Pulse after the ending of XIII.
  • The story will feel like it expands out from the after story that was included in the booklet with Xbox 360′s Final Fantasy XIII International.
  • Outside of Lightning, other characters will appear in the game in unexpected forms. Some will see major changes.
  • XIII-2 is a full sequel. You’ll learn some of the things that took place in the background scenes of XIII.
  • The story will be more dark and mysterious than XIII’s.
  • The story will focus on the goddess Etro.
  • The game will not have the pop feel of Final Fantasy X-2.
  • The battle system will be an evolved form of XIII’s ATB system.
  • They’re listening to opinions both inside and outside of Square Enix and from outside of Japan regarding characters, story and interface.
  • There may be a difficulty setting.
Final Fantasy Type-0

• The keyword for the battle system is “Magic in Action.” While you have weapons, magic is main.
  • A main concept is “It’s not necessary for everyone to gather.” The game has a multiplayer system that can be enjoyed by solo players too.
  • You can join other players’ games for three minutes. While you can extend this, Type-0 is not the type of game where you play together with other players continuously.
  • The game will have 12+2 main characters. This means that in addition to the 12 main characters, there will be two characters, Makina and Rem, in a different framework. These 12+2 characters will be your controllable party.
  • You can have up to three characters out in battle simultaneously. Once someone dies, other members will come out to help.
  • Until you come to the battle field, you move around the world map and execute a strategy.
  • As you play on your own, other players will gradually take part in the battle.
  • When you help other players, you earn points.
  • In general, your full party heads to the battle field together.

http://scrawlfx.com/2011/01/final-fantasy-versus-xiii-xii-2-type-0-detailed-in-dengeki

The game will not have the pop feel of Final Fantasy X-2.

:wacky: Wow, so they do listen to us every now and again and take in what we say and try and alleviate our worries. xD Excellent.

Also 'forget about Versus'? For how long, another five years?

"Forget about Versus XIII for a while." :lew:

Already done, Nomura. I forgot about it a long time ago. (y)

I still think it's garbage that they're releasing a sequel to XIII before Versus and they've been teasing fans with Versus forever now. :ffs:

some pretty interesting points for all games.

"Nomura says something along the lines of: This year, we have Type-0 and XIII-2, so please forget about Versus for a while. He asked that people be patient and understand that they’re trying to do something incredible."

This made me rage though!!!! :rage: even though I was expecting it, I was hoping they'd surprise us!

thanks for the info though :D

Oh I just laughed at that "forget about Versus XIII for awhile bit".. Sure SE sure... Can I ask when the fuck you guys are planning to release it? Christ. XIII-2 is really interesting me now. Darker story, the characters in a different form? :hmmm: More evolved version of the atb... Not x-2 style. Focuses around Etro! Also as I predicted XIII-2 begins on Gran pulse. We will see Serah somewhere in this.. hopefully as a playable character. Now for Type-0.. I am loving it recently and the details make me like it even more. 12+ Main characters? Hopefuly they are all good ones. I knew the Dragon rider wasnt Stella in the new trailer. Also if King Caelum was talking to someone else and not Noctis that is awesome. I didnt think he was talking to Noctis at all though. Nice info all of this. I think it is safe to say I am excited. :ryan:

Maybe when they say "they'll appear in other forms" it means they have an equivalent in another dimension/time/wherever Lightning is going?

Idea reminds me of Majora's Mask :P

So Final Fantasy Type-0 will be more like a Lord of the Rings like game? A strategy game? That might be cool, I think...

"Nomura says something along the lines of: This year, we have Type-0 and XIII-2, so please forget about Versus for a while. He asked that people be patient and understand that they’re trying to do something incredible."
Oh my gosh, did he really ask people to forget about a game? lol

So Final Fantasy Type-0 will be more like a Lord of the Rings like game? A strategy game? That might be cool, I think...

Oh my gosh, did he really ask people to forget about a game? lol
I think Type-0, going back to it's Agito days, was an action-rpg, supposedly similar to a Kingdom Hearts.

Main character Noctis is not “cool.” He’s just a normal youth. He feels “I am strong,” but he’s not as strong as he thinks.
In other words, he's an arrogant little bastard who is probably going to be extremely annoying. Marvellous.

Nomura says something along the lines of: This year, we have Type-0 and XIII-2, so please forget about Versus for a while. He asked that people be patient and understand that they’re trying to do something incredible.
What, you mean like releasing Versus XIII at all?

Outside of Lightning, other characters will appear in the game in unexpected forms. Some will see major changes.
I smell pointless cameos of characters nobody gave a shit about the first time around :ahmed:

The story will be more dark and mysterious than XIII’s.
In other words, we're going to be even more puzzled when we try and work out just what the story for this game was.

:sad3:

The battle system will be an evolved form of XIII’s ATB system.
So, who else is looking forward to a mash-a-thon?

They’re listening to opinions both inside and outside of Square Enix and from outside of Japan regarding characters, story and interface.
:rofl:
Pull the other one. Since when have Square Enix ever listened to what fans want? Although I suppose there is a difference between listening and actually implementing. If they had been listening to fans, I doubt there would have been a XIII-2 at all.

The keyword for the battle system is “Magic in Action.” While you have weapons, magic is main.
That's three words.

A main concept is “It’s not necessary for everyone to gather.” The game has a multiplayer system that can be enjoyed by solo players too.
Good. Unless this game has PROPER online capabilities, i.e. not that crappy ad-hoc, I won't be going online with it at all, and there isn't anyone around here I could play it with locally, so it'll probably be solo-only for me.

Until you come to the battle field, you move around the world map and execute a strategy.
Is this their way of saying it's going to have a random battle system?

In other words, he's an arrogant little bastard who is probably going to be extremely annoying. Marvellous.

Awww, c'mon-that just means there's room for character development :monster:

All the info really has my mouth watering now. I was interested in everything before, but all the stuff just teases for speculation.

Even before FFXIII-2 was announced, I never expected Versus until at least 2012, so not seeing it in 2011 isn't a shock. Although giggles at being told to forget about it. I won't though :wacky:

I am kind of wrinkling my nose at the co-op incentives for Type-0. I may be wrong, but it feels like you need to play with other people to get the most of the game, which isn't an easy task for me Dx

Interested to see how much darker FFXIII-2 could possibly be. Maybe Lightning will have some mental break down after being alone for so long or something :hmmm:

As for major character changes, maybe we'll see a grown up Hope :lew:

Jeez, that news that we have to wait longer for versus pissed me off, they came up with a random idea of releasing a sequel for XIII-2 and that suddenly has to come first and then Versus will get the attention again. Well, then I guess we can expect this game to come in 2013... *can rant longer but leaves it at this*

Some areas regarding how the battle screen shows commands will probably change for the final.
As you'd expect.

A young blonde male character shown in the magazine’s screenshots is good with guns. He alone has aiming controls and can aim for enemy weak spots.
Bet he's not as good as Soap Mactavish.

Your battle party can have up to three members. However, the members who aren’t taking part in the battle will join in on conversations.
Not unusual.

There are more party members than the four shown in the magazine. However, the game doesn’t have a massive number of party members.
How many is many? If there aren't a lot then it kinda of ruins the game, if there are too many then it has the same effect as well.

Main character Noctis is not “cool.” He’s just a normal youth. He feels “I am strong,” but he’s not as strong as he thinks.
Arrogant, ja?

Some segments of the trailer show natural landscapes. These are like the fields you encounter in other games. The game will have time progression: morning, afternoon, evening and night.
Lol. A field is a field regardless of what game it is. I do like the time progression concept though.

You can steal army vehicles for your use. You can ride air ships, cars and Chocobos.
Airships (y) Chocobos (y) Cars (n) Other army vehicles (n)

You’ll recall that someone in the trailer says “You’re not fit to be king,” or something to that effect. This statement is not directed at Noctis. (I think everyone assumed it was!)
So it'd be fair to assume he has a major rival.

Nomura says something along the lines of: This year, we have Type-0 and XIII-2, so please forget about Versus for a while. He asked that people be patient and understand that they’re trying to do something incredible.
Bollocks. This game was announced in 2006, it's now 2011 and we still need to wait "a while". Fantastic marketing strategy, Square-Enix, hats off to you. If this game isn't universally acclaimed it's going to be ripped apart.

At the earliest, we could see more from Versus XIII at E3.
Isn't that the next major event anyway?

XIII-2′s story begins in Gran Pulse after the ending of XIII.
Expected.

The story will feel like it expands out from the after story that was included in the booklet with Xbox 360′s Final Fantasy XIII International.
What does said booklet say?

Outside of Lightning, other characters will appear in the game in unexpected forms. Some will see major changes.
I'll admit, I'm interested in this.

XIII-2 is a full sequel. You’ll learn some of the things that took place in the background scenes of XIII.
I'm not totally grasping this, but whatever happened in Final Fantasy XIII should have been explained in THAT game.

FFXIII wasn't really all that dark.

I think that's for the best... the very best.

The battle system will be an evolved form of XIII’s ATB system.
Interesting, this is one of the things I wanted reforming or developing.

They’re listening to opinions both inside and outside of Square Enix and from outside of Japan regarding characters, story and interface.
The interface was fine. Characters weren't overly bad anyway. Story I can kind of see why, however, my point is this, the game is meant to be released next winter so it's fair to presume any point between December 2011-March 2012 is there anything major drastic they can do with the storyline at this point?

There may be a difficulty setting.
There doesn't necessarily need to be a difficulty setting, just make it harder -.-

Awww, c'mon-that just means there's room for character development :monster:

True enough, but it's been a very long time since I saw a Square Enix character that actually had some proper character development. I'll not hold my breath for it, although if he starts off as "ordinary" then the potential is definetely there.

Still, I can't help but shake this horrid feeling that he's going to be an arrogant little prick with an emo streak...

Nomura (laughs) ...Arrogant much? :ffs: Was I the only one who was hoping for a MATURE protagonist in this game?
Contrary to some theories, the dragon rider character who appears in the trailer is not heroine Stella. Nomura says he wouldn’t show Stella in such a state. The character you see in that sequence is an enemy.
Thank-you...because we were all wondering :rolleyes:

Nomura says ...please forget about Versus for a while. He asked that people be patient...

:rofl:

...Right. Like we have been for the past 5 years. :rage:
At the earliest, we could see more from Versus XIII at E3.
Right. ....another 30 second trailer :ahmed:

While I am hoping that XIII-2 is a nice, dark game, I am kind of disappointed to see it released before Versus. I really am looking forward to it, but... they've just tormented us with this game that's just out of our grasp for years now, and I just wanna throttle Nomura for keeping it away from us for so long. Why even announce it in the first place if you;re just gonna focus on the main game of the Fabula Nova Crystallis series? :ffs:

I'm gonna be pessimistic in saying I don't like the sound of Noctis. At all. From what I've seen of the trailer and heard in this leaked information, he sounds arrogant. Bratty even. I was hoping for some kind of middle ground between Squall/Cloud and Zidane. Reserved, yet quietly confident in his own abilities. Instead we're probably getting a brat for a main character.

Either way, I guess I have no right to judge until I see the games and their characters in action. This has just made me immediately wary that I might not like Versus' main character... if I ever see Versus at all. :hmph:

However, the dragoon type woman being revealed as an enemy? An antagonist? This I like. It's been too long since the FF series has had a viable, believable female antagonist and I just hope they don't waste a perfectly good villain with an unceremonious smiting like they did with Jihl. However, from the trailer, she looks like an action villain, which is certainly what I'm hoping for. I'm hoping for the best here. :ryan:

A young blonde male character shown in the magazine’s screenshots is good with guns. He alone has aiming controls and can aim for enemy weak spots.

Err...I wouldn't mind having other characters have aiming controls either, but as long as they do it better than in Dirge of Cerberus this time.

There are more party members than the four shown in the magazine. However, the game doesn’t have a massive number of party members.

We're overdue for a non-human playable character now. Can we have one of them? Nothing about the characters we currently have really stand out much.

Arrogant brat then? Well, I'll look forward to his contrast with the Noctis in the first ever E3 trailer.

Some segments of the trailer show natural landscapes. These are like the fields you encounter in other games. The game will have time progression: morning, afternoon, evening and night.

I like the sound of that. In Dragon Quest the day/night cycle makes things a bit more interesting. It can be put to interesting use in this game.

Contrary to some theories, the dragon rider character who appears in the trailer is not heroine Stella. Nomura says he wouldn’t show Stella in such a state. The character you see in that sequence is an enemy.

Hah. I did think momentarily that the dragoon character could have been Stella because of the blonde hair. Well, I'm glad it isn't her then, because Stella as a dragoon sounds rather weird anyway.

You can steal army vehicles for your use. You can ride air ships, cars and Chocobos.

Grand Theft Fantasy?

"Forget about it"? At this rate we will. It's been in limbo since 2006. We've been waiting since 2006. It's like a game that will never see the light of day or something. What other game can you think of has had such a long period between release and the actual announcement of its existence? :ffs:

On the whole, FFXIII wasn't that dark anyway bar some parts. If this really is darker, I'm intrigued to say the least.

No one had that in their mind anyway. Comparing FFXIII-2 to FFX-2 is just so artificial.

Yes, but how much of these opinions do they actually give a shit about? Though I suppose this is a step in the right direction at least...

There may be a difficulty setting.

(y)

The game will have 12+2 main characters. This means that in addition to the 12 main characters, there will be two characters, Makina and Rem, in a different framework. These 12+2 characters will be your controllable party.

I hope they all have a decent amount of storyline attention. That is a lot of characters - Rem and Machina added in is even more. The common trap in storytelling with large character casts is sidelining a lot of them and focusing on the few.

\He feels like I AM STRONG, hahaha but he is not as strong as he thinks...I can see it already..

He is strong but there will be always someone better and stronger...so that armored woman kicks his ass and he is like wtf is going on....I found someone better and stronger than me..:sad3:

He gets into EMO phase.... then his friends tell him you are strong etc...and convince him not to give up and together they can prevail..

Classic FF formula imo if the story will go as I predicted..

Chocobo ACE ! Airships ACE!

About the unactive party members partaking conversations....does that mean you will see on screen the whole lot following you or only the 2 party members?

Battles and joining conversations? I mean random battles? what conversations could there possibly be? otherwise I would call it cut scenes...

Could be interesting. Yeah obvious;y because of FFXIII-2, Versus has been stalled even though SE promised to make games within a shorter time span....

You suck ass SE/// :ahmed:

The only I'm dissapointed about the trailer :sad3: Even though people called him an emo-boy because of the previous trailers I rather prefer that over a "normal youth".......After the boasting I feel he's more of a Tidus than Cloud. :wacky:

After seeing the recent trailer I may be begining to understand......Enemies like that behometh just pop out of into your face......Nomura also did say things like warping will be used to. And well like they said their planning to do something incredible........I'd be so glad if this game revolutionises gaming like FFVII did.

As for FFXIII-2 with the no pop feel and the game being set on Gran Pulse with some towns in there it would look like a traditional FF game if you take that into account. Though I am hoping
that there is civilisation on Gran Pulse like Oerba as people used to live there like Fang and Vanille........and well hey Light's new rival may be of Gran pulse origin. Anyway I am hoping they go back to Cocoo,No not because I miss that linear place.........But it would look like the zanarkand ruins with everything destroyed.
As for the story to be revolved around Godess Etro........Not really that bothered but nothing about the godesses were mentioned much in the game(except the datalog).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back