.Mosh is back!
Veteran
Gil
Mog's Tent
FFXIV
Alexia Kusanagi
FFXIV Server
Odin
I found this article on IGN that was just posted up, in a recent interview Motomu Toriyama started talking about the ending of FFXIII-2 and said

"The [FFXIII-2] Lightning download content had an ending that left a feeling mystery and hope. The day when the meaning of this will come to light is not too far off."

This was mentioned whether FFXIII would be the focus of their 25th Anniversary event which is happening on August 31st at an Art Gallery.
He then went on to state about FFX HD taking some time and no release date has been suggested within their studio so we are to be patient.

The full article is here for you to read:
http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/07/05/is-final-fantasy-xiii-3-on-the-way

25th anniversity event.... soooo first production round 2...... hey FFXIII-3 Anybody, also that sucks with FFX HD, was hoping for a early 2013 release :/

*insert Continued Assault with Ellipses here*

I'm not surprized. FFXIII-3 was 50-50 chance. the fact that SE is still dropping hints? While it doesn't confirm, it does ramp up the "new Game" Factor.

Or maybe FFXIII-3 is the codename for FF Versus XIII. Who knows.

Fantastic idea! Let's ruin our 25th Anniversary by focusing on our worst product to date! Gods, I would hope even Square Enix have more sense than to have FFXIII as the focus of ANY kind of event. Haven't we suffered enough at the hands of that monster?

LOL, FFX HD. We'll probably see that just after Versus XIII...whatever THAT is.

well,FFX-3 huh,i like the idea of one FF ayear,but lets move on from FFXIII-2,at least until FFXIII versus!Lets release a different FF,i mean they could release a twist of FFX instead of an rematered HD,i mean i would'nt go trough 255 hours again...!i know the story completly,and its still fresh on my mind!i still watch some cg cut scene again ,after ten..years,and think god i don't have to go trough the story again to watch those cg cutscene,and i download recently the complete game in video,i mean,every cute scene,ingame,real time and cg! 10 Gig!so,So anyway just to tell that i would buy FFXIII-3 if it release!!!lol can't help,i am a fan!!

Just imagine:

Final Fantasy XIII-2: Epilogue Add-On Content -$14.99
Release date: July 31st, 2012

Join Lightning and Serah as the true reveal of what happened at the end of Final Fantasy XIII-2 is exposed to the main characters! Uncover the final secrets of this tale in this 4 hour epilogue DLC with four new costumes for both Serah and Noel. Featuring Lightning and Odin as a temporary playable character!

I hope so. I dont like it when stories are left open. I want some type of closure with the story of FFXIII.

FFX-HD probably wont come out anytime soon. Most HD remakes have been on fairly short games. Also, I doubt SE thinks it will make them tons of money. Sure I'd buy it, but who all else will.

I'm guessing there's going to be a FFXIII-3. When I saw the ending of XIII-2 I thought there would be a sequel, when I saw the Lightning DLC story it pretty much confirmed it for me. But who knows? Maybe it'll just be another DLC or expansion. I wouldn't put it past SE.

As for FFXHD....I wonder what the heck is taking so long? Apparently this isn't going to be just some brushing up on the graphics type deal. I wonder what they're doing that it would take them so long. Usually a remaster on to the PS3 takes no more than a year to complete.

Yeah it is taking a while. But i notice some changes in certain remastering such as ICO. Its better to just end it already. FfXIII-3 is already too much. Another acid trip? Just tiring....anyways...please use expansion pack...another separate title would be too much

I see talk of having a proper closure pop up everywhere, yet it just makes me think that this would not have needed to be if someone had decided to just write a complete and coherent sequel story that can be amiably concluded at the end of FFXIII-2 as opposed to dragging this whole thing out for possibly another game. Like I said in the other thread, if it is going to be a trilogy, it's a structurally weak trilogy because it's obvious that it was never originally intended to be a trilogy within a compilation.

And like I said in the other thread as well, no one should be surprised. I'm honestly surprised that there are people in other websites reacting with such uproar and furore as though they weren't anticipating such horror. By this point, it's just an inevitable coming. As long as it keeps Toriyama busy enough that he won't have to commit himself to anything else, then whatever. Frankly, I've stopped caring about Versus and I've 0% interest in FFX HD (which admittedly, I've forgotten about completely).

I completely agree...it doesnt take a planned sequel to make a good coherent one. The story of ff13 basically loses the point. You play ff-xiii and ffxiii-3 and youll ask "what the heck is this about?".

I agree FFXIII was written terribly. I've always said it has a great background to work with, but the director is just horrible with it. It could have been a very great trilogy and I think it will be remembered overall as a mediocre one.

Fantastic idea! Let's ruin our 25th Anniversary by focusing on our worst product to date!

You really believe that? All bias aside on anything Final Fantasy, FFV and FFIII were much weaker than FFXIII. The stories for both of those games were weak as well as the characters being either completely uninteresting or didnt have a personality at all. Sure people like the job system, but alot of people like FFXIII's battle system as well. I really dont think saying FFXIII is legit at all.

As I said earlier about HD remakes. The others may only have taken a year but the games that were remade werent the size of FFX. I would imagine a Kingdom Hearts HD remake would take forever as well due to the scope of the game. If they are going in to uprez all the textures, etc. It's going to take much longer than DMC (which didnt even bother with the cutscenes) or Ico/Shadow of the Colossus which are fairly short games with not much in the way of enemies.

Like I said in the other thread, if it is going to be a trilogy, it's a structurally weak trilogy because it's obvious that it was never originally intended to be a trilogy within a compilation.

Pretty much this. Trilogies with intent are planned from the get go, segue into each part seamlessly and leave you wanting more. The end of XIII had an open and shut book case. It ended. That was it. There was nothing more that was left to imagine. However people hated XIII so much that SE needed to "redeem" themselves by giving it a sequel and doing everything the exact opposite of XIII. And when people weren't STILL satisfied, they left it open intentionally with room to, again, fix it. But they just need to face the music that it's a crummy game. Leave it alone. You kind of failed with your intro to the PS3 era. They were hoping for smash hits like VII and X that lead into the new generation of games and this was significantly lack luster. Nothing they do now will really redeem themselves.

....except remake FFVII. :trollita:

Same but fuller article:

Toriyama Hints at More Final Fantasy XIII

Final Fantasy XIII-2's download content has come to an end, but we could be seeing more of Lightning and friends.

Famitsu.com conducted an interview with FFXIII and XIII-2 director Motomu Toriyama at the recent Taipei Game Developers Conference. The site asked if we can expect something Final Fantasy XIII related at the upcoming Final Fantasy 25th Anniversary event. Toriyama replied, "The [FFXIII-2] Lightning download content had an ending that left a feeling mystery and hope. The day when the meaning of this will come to light is not too far off."

The Final Fantasy 25th anniversary event mentioned by Famitsu is an art gallery that will be held from August 31 through September 2 in Shibuya. Visit this story for additional details.

Regarding download content in general, Toriyama seems to recognize that some fans take issue with having to buy content separate from the main game disc. He's traveled around the world and heard opinions of players, and some want all the content to be included directly on the game disc. This poses a dilemma, said Toriyama, as development times will go up.

Outside of future XIII developments, Toriyama made a non-comment about Final Fantasy X. Asked for a progress report on the HD conversion of FFX, Toriyama said, "Regarding HD conversions, there is a lot to look into, so please wait a bit more."

Toriyama and his fellow developers appear to be moving towards next generation development. Famitsu asked him for his impression of Square Enix's Luminous Engine. He responded that the engine allows for amazing visuals at a level unchanged from pre rendered CG, and he's of course looking forward to it. He added, "While still at the technology development stage, we're currently moving to the phase where where we come together with our game development teams and prepare for next generation machines."

Source: Andriasang

Regarding download content in general, Toriyama seems to recognize that some fans take issue with having to buy content separate from the main game disc. He's traveled around the world and heard opinions of players, and some want all the content to be included directly on the game disc. This poses a dilemma, said Toriyama, as development times will go up.

:srsly:

The fact that the DLC may still be (over)priced indicates that this has got barely anything to do with development time, but his own greed for money. What really annoys me is that he is being so blatantly greedy (in my perspective).

I really don't see why X needs an HD remake, tbh. And I really don't get why SE is so obsessed with sequels and remakes these days. At this point, we won't see Versus XIII until some time in 2050.

Oh my God! Development times may go up! What devilry is this?! The bastards - you can't make us wait for games! We're not used to waiting incessantly lengthy periods of time for (complete) games!

You know what, Toriyama-san? Fuck off. Go shove your DLC ambitions up your rear and get the hell out of here. The majority of fans left from what I've seen don't want to go around paying for some of the less trivial things like extra storyline content when they've already spent around $60 for the game. Mediocre weapons and frivolous costumes that I don't give a crap about as DLC can just about be acceptable (as embarrassing to look at as some of them are), but when you flirt with the idea of rushing out the door a relatively incomplete game just to fill your sales quota, then consider the rift between the company and the dwindling fanbase to expand ever so alarmingly that you can fit a planet in there.

Maybe if the company learns the art of greater efficiency that western developers have longed mastered, then you can *gasp* still release a pretty solid and complete game without all this SUDDEN worry of having to make the retail release of the game more or less the whole package and making everyone wait longer! Oh, and you're also considering further outsourcing to external developers to speed things up as well! So why are you even having this fucking dilemma? It's only a bloody dilemma if in the case of a possible FFXIII-3, you fear it will bomb a bit in the sales, considering even some of the fans of the previous games are putting their foot down - and barrages of DLC may have to make up for it. In the event of that, sure, why not try and flog the cow until it's dry while trying to throw in as many of the unused assets from the previous games into the meat blender as you can?

And if Toriyama-san does get over his stupid dilemma, how much do you bet that he will take the Capcom route and consider on-disc DLC? As in disc-locked content? Now gamers will have to pay more for the content, but they can't accuse them of shipping the game as an incomplete package! :yay:

FFXIII-3 won't happen cause I could have sworn that mr Toriyama himself stated that after Type-0 is doneVersus would be next. Now he never lies!

When is Type-0 going to be localised btw!
Toriyama is the dumbest guy ever with his lame statements and false promises!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back