FF Music Which Final Fantasy Game Has the Best Music?

Which Final Fantasy Game Has the Best Music?

• Final Fantasy I

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Final Fantasy II

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Final Fantasy III

• Final Fantasy IV

Votes: 6 3.0%
  • Final Fantasy V

• Final Fantasy VI

Votes: 28 14.1%
  • Final Fantasy VII

Votes: 38 19.2%
  • Final Fantasy VIII

Votes: 27 13.6%
  • Final Fantasy IX

Votes: 42 21.2%
  • Final Fantasy X/X-2

Votes: 31 15.7%
  • Final Fantasy XI

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Final Fantasy XII

Votes: 5 2.5%
  • Final Fantasy XIII

Votes: 9 4.5%
  • Final Fantasy XIII-2

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Final Fantasy XIV

Votes: 6 3.0%
  • Final Fantasy XV

• Others (please specify)

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters

Shock T

My leg's cramping up!
Gil
I saw general theads about other areas of Final Fantasy, but not music. Why? The Final Fantasy series has some of the best music in video game history.
So now, you can argue abou which gme in the series has the best music. Please keep this thead civilized, and please evaluate on whatever your opinion is.
Have fun! :yay:

For me it is FFIX.

The music is so fitting for every area it is played in. It is the only FF music and game music I have ever felt the need to download and own. (besides kingdom Hearts)

I think my favourite track is the Tantalus theme music, It's hilariously quirky! Oh and the Marsh music!

I have a hard time choosing between two of them

FF VI and FF IX

VI has some amazing music in many areas of the game and overall and the final boss music with Kefka I think was amazing.

FF IX again amazing music in many areas never got tired of listening to it I even have the cd for it... (well I guess I have the music cd for all of the main titles... but besides the point)

I guess if I had to choose I would have to say IX cause it's a lot cleaner in the game, and the music is almost never repeated in different areas of the game...

For me it's VII cause it has The One Winged Angel, Shinra Themes and Those Chosen by the Planet which are three of the best music in Final Fantasy.

ff8 or ffx

i liked them both the most. i liked other ones as well, but I just enjoyed the soundtracks of ff8 and ffx so much

I would have to say FFX/X-2 had the best music for me, IMO. I loved how everything just blended with what was going on and its surroundings. I think most of the music in X was calming and serene. It was just purely enjoyable for me.

FFVII. Hands down.

Dr. Jones

Mod Edit: Try and touch this post up a bit if you can as otherwise it's a spammy post in a post count section. A few more sentences would suffice. =]

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd go for FFIX as well. Yes, I'm biased towards it because it's my favourite game, but in my opinion it is honestly the best OST Nobuo Uematsu ever did. The soundtrack is one of the reasons it is my favourite game, it adds so much to the experience.

Final Fantasy VI, Final Fantasy VIII and Final Fantasy IX.

FF8 had beautiful music I can't forget, FF6 had perfected musical sheets that sound absolutely dazzlingly on bit sound and through remaster sound and through the orchestrated versions (songs that invoke actual feeling xD). There was only 1 song I didn't like in IX, so that definitely deserves a spot on the winner list.

I think this was a particularly hard to answer poll, because the earlier FF games relied heavily on the music to set the mood and basically carry a scene. These days, the amazing graphics, and later voice acting mean that music isn't quite so important. The point where the series began to change from the old style to the new style is obviously between FFVI and FFVII. This is interesting, because my two favourite game scores are these two games; the last of the old, and the first of the new.

FFVI has some very moving pieces, and a lot of variety with very different sounding tunes. Slam Shuffle (Zozo), and Spinach Rag are some really lively ones, which lighten the mood; something which FF games don't have enough of these days. Then there is stuff like Searching For Friends (2nd World Map theme), which has a really "lazy" melody, and by that I mean the notes just tend to flow in a really interesting way, almost like they're falling over eachother. Then there's Shadow's Theme, which could very well be my favourite of all Mr. Uematsu's epic contributions. I could quite easily list 20 songs from the OST and give my reasons for why they're awesome, but I'll refrain.

Then there is FFVII, which I am kind of partial towards. The game reminds me of happy times, and anything FFVII related makes me nostalgia hard. The music here flows a little better into one seamless passage, and thus helps tell the story of the game a little more than FFVI's does. While it still has amazing individual tracks, FFVI will probably have the edge, but the collective of the whole of FFVII's score is greater than the sum of its parts, which is why I voted FFVII.

I voted for VII because it has so many tracks that I needed to have on my iPod to listen to again and again and again.

But besides VII I would go with FFX and FFVI. I haven't played all of IX to judge it in any way shape or form. And that includes music.

I remember to really like Final Fantasy 7s music with aassion on Disc 1. On disc2 they had barely any of the previous songs and had new ones which I really didn't like too much. I also really like 8s. I would have to say 8 had the best overall, there were some songs that were just flawless. I also liked DoCs music. some was eerie, and some just beautiful, I remember that there was one and only one song I didn't like. And when they brought in Gackt I thought I would just DIE. But anyway, I'll say 8 had the best and DoC with a close second.

For me it's either FFVI or VIII. VI has Dancing mad and decisive battle aswell as most of the character themes are emotional to me such as Relm's theme and Forever Rachel.

However VIII has force your way which for me is the best boss battle music ever!!
One of my favourite video game chracters ever has his own theme (Laguna XD) The man with the machine gun just owns. I also like Only a plank between one and perdition.

In conclusion VIII has better music while in battle but VI has better character themes, and even though VIII plays the music at the right moment (Such as Force your way against omega weapon) I will say VI is the best.

It's a difficult decision to make, but I decided to go with FFXII after much inner debate. Overall, my preferences reside with FFVII, FFIX and FFXII in terms of their respective soundtracks - yet given just how much of a fan of FF Tactics and Vagrant Story I am, the fact a lot of the tracks in FFXII are of the same sort of style just acts as the icing on the cake for me.

As I said, though - a difficult decision. No FF game has had a terrible soundtrack thus far, though I wasn't very impressed with FFXIII's admittedly.

Either X or VIII; I am leaning more towards X. To Zanarkand is what drew me into the Final Fantasy series. As soon as I heard the first few notes on the piano in the game's opening, I felt connected to the series. What followed in X (as a whole) only served to draw me in further, and the music played a big part in this. Besaid, The Men Who Play Blitzball, Tidus' Theme, Yuna's Theme and Suteki Da Ne are all atmospheric, beautiful, and uplifting. It's almost as though they speak to me. They told me how to feel at a certain point in the game, and reconnect me with that point when I listen to them on their own. The music from further Final Fantasy games is great too, but don't make me feel the same way.

I would say IX or X (The hymn was beautiful). I especially liked IX because of the Black Mages and their re-vamping of the music on one of their albums. The IX tourny music is so fun to listen to from them.

I liked the world music from III though. So cheerful :)

wow im the only person that said Final Fantasy XIII xD I like the futuristic style over the old themes anyday.... however My favorite Classic FF game soundtrack all hands down Final Fantasy tactics majority of those tracks beat every single classic theme Ive ever heard (this includes any classic game)

Hard to say. 3 songs stick out to me and they're in 3 different games XD.

- Melodies of Life from FFIX

- Zanarkand theme from FFX
- Aeris' theme from FFVII

Melodies of Life is by far my favorite FF song. As for an overall soundtrack, it's personally a close call between VII and IX.

Back