[V2] Worst Final Fantasy Game?

Worst Final Fantasy game?

• Total voters
It appears I'm in the minority when it comes to FFIX haters. :lew: So be it.

I'm sorry, I know there are plenty of IX fans out there. I've played it many a time, and attempted to get into it. I simply couldn't do it. The story wasn't fantastic, and the characters didn't exactly appeal to me in the slightest.

The only real plus I can think of: side quests and mini-games. (Tetra Master doesn't compare to Triple Triad, but it was fun enough in its own right.)

Squall and Laguna's family ties? Rinoa's ancestry, and why/how she is a sorceress? GFs and memory loss? Ultimecia's motives?

1. Squall is Laguna's son, you can get hints from Kiros

2. The game tells you how she became a witch.

3. The game hints at GF and memory loss if you look at Squall's computer.

4. Ultimecia wants to compress time in order to avoid being killed by Squall & Co.

It appears I'm in the minority when it comes to FFIX haters. :lew: So be it.

I'm sorry, I know there are plenty of IX fans out there. I've played it many a time, and attempted to get into it. I simply couldn't do it. The story wasn't fantastic, and the characters didn't exactly appeal to me in the slightest.

The only real plus I can think of: side quests and mini-games. (Tetra Master doesn't compare to Triple Triad, but it was fun enough in its own right.)
i wouldn't call myself an ff9 fan. just someone who liked it. Granted i was in the age of ff8 and ff7. so ff9 was definitely off-putting for me, as it felt immature in several aspects.

but i got over it....its not my favorite game, but i definitely played worst. yeah...you all know which game that is.

Lots of hate for 13 around here. I love that series. All three (already beat Lightning Returns) were a lot of fun.

The story for 12 bored me and don't really have any fond memories of that game.

I'm torn between voting for XIII, XIII-2 and XIV. I mean A Real Reborn can be an interesting view, but I wish I had the means to vote for FFXIII and its series as a whole.

I'm really surprised to see the poll that XIII was worse than X-2. X-2 was just too girly. XIII tries to be serious(in a too hard and convoluted way) for the most part. I also like XIII's combat better than X-2. I don't want costume changes galore in any FF!!! I won't play LRXIII or XIII-2 for that matter. I skimmed through video playthroughs on youtube of XIII-2 and XIII-3. At some point I just had to stop and say no more. If I had to pick one it would be X-2, but all the stories that I mentioned suck donkey balls.

FFXIII isn't just a bad FF, it's simply a bad video-game. FFX-2 wasn't anywhere near my favorite, but at least it had characteristics of a good video-game in the broadest sense of the word.

It's an obvious choice here: FF XIII. The most boring game in the series, produced probably only to show-off PS3's massive graphic improvement. A friend of mine said that if you had this Japanese garden bamboo thing that gets filled with water, then bends and spills it and then gets filled again and put it above the X button, the thing could play and finish the game instead of you. That's kinda true :) Good thing: first black guy in FF, Saz, who is fun, and Snow-Lightning conflict over her sister... Will probably return to it after finishing other installments of the series.

I have only played through IV so far, but II was my least favorite. The story was better than FFI, and I liked the villain more, and the music was great too, but the mechanics were a big negative for me.

I'm currently playing through FF VIII and some of the quests are unbearable. I don't know if the game aged or were they unbearable in the 90's too. For example Esthar is one big annoyment, and later, on the space station, when you have to battle monsters of same colour but they all rush right at you on sight so you can't escape and have to fight them immeidately while the others are revived...? This is just... annoying. And there was also this quest with Balamb Garden pupils playing instruments? Just how old is the target player of FF VIII? :) I mean, I still love the game, but at some moments I just feel tired.

Final Fantasy VIII used to be my first hate, but playing just the first twenty minutes of Final Fantasy X-2 proved that things could only get worse from there. I haven't played Final Fantasy XIII, but I'm sure it must be that bad. It's sad to realize that the magic of this series died long ago. Thanks, Square Enix.

Last edited:
In my opinion X-2 was very playable, just as X was. Maybe it's a matter of getting used to it? Cause the story, characters and music are very nice, you should give it a second shot.

In my opinion X-2 was very playable, just as X was. Maybe it's a matter of getting used to it? Cause the story, characters and music are very nice, you should give it a second shot.
Sorry, but I just didn't like it. Throughout my play, I was abhorred by all that pop diva crap. When there are so many better JRPGs to play, why should I waste my time trying to "get" it?

Last edited:
Back