[V2] Best Final Fantasy Game?

Best Final Fantasy?

• Total voters
My vote ended up being for FFVI. It was a between that and IX but something about VI makes me ALWAYS think of it as the best of the best. Im glad to see FFIX getting so much love, I expected VII and X to run away with this vote but happily I am wrong.

I'm surprised that FFIX got as many votes as FFVII (though thrilled, because I love it almost as much). I always thought that it was the most ignored title in the series.

The reason IX is so high is its basically everything that made the Final Fantasy franchise great to that date and shoved it all into one game, brought back the old four person party system and each member had a specific job they were best at (Mage,Summoner,Healer,Knight etc) not to mention one of the most memorable stories to the franchise to date. I mean anytime you ever heard which games best its always gonna come down between VI VII and IX 9/10 the only drawback that 9 has is people dont understand the final boss but if you read into it, it makes perfect sense.

*Breaks current FF7 and FF9 tie*

MWAHAHAHAHA..............!

*Ahem* I chose FF7.

At first, FF10 came to mind right away because I felt that it is the best overall and that FF7 is just my personal favorite since FF10 had so much emotion and story and voyaging in it. The world was also very colorful despite its sad state...it was just really great in general, everything about 10. BUT...every time I try to replay FF10, I can't and don't want to complete it. It feels like a bore and it feels tedious to me. Don't get me wrong, I still love it and I still get excited at its moments, but...FF7 is the only FF and probably game in general that I've beaten and wanted to beat over and over again. Maybe I'm biased because it was my first FF and real video game experience, but maybe alone, if I can say, it really did leave a deep impression on me by...everything. FF7 has made me feel...a way that I have never felt before and I think the music in it played a deep role in that; it was well matched with the game. Maybe also because it was dark, moody, and realistic. And the famous Aeris scene...most of us were so deeply affected by it and many of the time we don't even know why. You know how Cloud and the party use that red ribbon around their arms to show how significant Aeris was in Advent Children? Well, I think during her famous FF7 scene, we somehow managed to feel it, too, even as only the players. FF7 touched so many people's hearts, including mine, and that's why I think it is the best FF, hence why it is the most favored by fans and why it has "...quite possibly the greatest game ever made" on its back cover.

The reason IX is so high is its basically everything that made the Final Fantasy franchise great to that date and shoved it all into one game, brought back the old four person party system and each member had a specific job they were best at (Mage,Summoner,Healer,Knight etc) not to mention one of the most memorable stories to the franchise to date. I mean anytime you ever heard which games best its always gonna come down between VI VII and IX 9/10 the only drawback that 9 has is people dont understand the final boss but if you read into it, it makes perfect sense.

I've heard some people claim that the story is cliche. I wouldn't go as far as to say that it's cliche but it definitely draws from past games, something they were aiming for anyway. I can't get enough of IX.

FF VII all the way. I loved the characters, the music, and the world. Who doesn't like chasing the evil villain across the entire world?

Hard to choose between FFIX and FFIV. Both phenomenal games but in different ways. FFIV is forever such a classic and will remain one of my favorite video games of all time. FFIX is also very near and dear to my heart because it is the game that I feel the series was at its absolute peak. I feel FFIX is the better game in general especially story-wise, but FFIV preceeded IX by almost a decade. Ultimately I chose FFIV just because I can play it many times over and still love it. FFIX I have only played through 3 times as it is much slower paced and longer.

I had to go with FFVII. I love the story, the music, the characters, the feel, the atmosphere. I love the materia system, and how it can be as simple or as complicated as you want it, and also how the backstory to materia dovetails neatly with the mako plotline.

It may be rose-tinted spectacles and a lot of nostalgia on my part, but FFVII is the finest gaming experience I have ever had. I restart this game once every year or so.

It has to be IX, there is just so much right about it, the style, the setting the characters and the combat, plus I'm a sucker for learning things via equipped items. The story is second to none and kept me hooked from start to finish, that game didn't leave my playstation until I had at least 120 hours clocked up even that I believe that was because my friend came over and wanted to play Gran Turismo. The characters are memorable and interesting (Kuja FTW) and the music was some of the best in game music i've ever heard of (Eyes on me is probably my favourite), the only thing I wasn't a massive fan of is the mini-card game, the transfer from triple triad to that was a bit disappointing but as you're not really forced to play it I can live with that. It also has the best world imo and the one I'd want to live in the most.

My vote is in for FF VI! I do love all of the Final Fantasy games I play but this one really grabbed me and took me for a ride. Back when this game came out I didn't have internet so every easter egg I found really was a surprise. Being eaten by the Zone eater and getting squished a bunch of times or running into "something" in Figaro castle and exploring that lost ruin though the jail cell are a few of the very satisfying side quests. Also the music in this game was awesome. The action music while being attacked by IAF or the under water music while swimming to Nikeah or even the battle music while fighting the Omega Weapon on the floating island. The story also holds up even today in my opinion and managed to progress without ever feeling too grindy. Honorable mention to Final Fantasy III, IV, V, VII, IX, XII

Well I found like 2 other people who share my opinion as final fantasy tactics being their favorite final fantasy game. I've played through The War of the Lions version of this sooo many times...and it never gets old. I know the plot can be confusing for some, and the medieval theme isn't for everyone, but damn do I love the story. The politics, the secrecy, and the church's evil acts. I can't get enough of it. The stories of Ramza and Delita are also very well written, it's so intriguing to see how these boys grow up and see the paths they've chosen. The gameplay and the visuals are spot on. The game is challenging (up until getting the thunder god lol I avoid using him) and the job system is spectacular.
I'd say its the perfect mix between final fantasy and chess, two things I really enjoy. This game really gets you thinking how to set up your party and how to approach battles. I'll never forget the first time I fought Belias..I had to restart my game cause I couldn't beat him! It's because of tactics that I have two saves when I play final fantasy games. I'm definitely making my future kids play this

Played IX and X, love them both. lol how come on the other post "which FF has the best storyline" VII was topcome pare to this one.
to me VIII has the best love story, VII is most emotional, IX the best character development (Vivi), X good love story and excellence battle and lv system, and VI best story line (according to popular opinion).

It seem like square-enix is really putting the time and effort into FFXV (despite how much they failed on XIII), so I have another expectation and high hope for it.

I would have to say VI even though VII and tactics both are a very close second. Like others have mentioned I believe 6 to be the most complete game and overall it has my favorite cast of characters, moments and the best villain in Kefka.

I also must say i haven't played any of the FF games since 9....

Favorite??? FFIV or tactics...and since tactics isn't on the list...I will go with Tactics :mokken:

Amazing gameplay, amazing story, everything about it is amazing, and besides all that, Delita is one of the best characters in a FF game :hmmm:

I second all of this. Tactis was fan-fucking-tastic in every way. There wasn't a single character I hated other than Algus, but the truth is you were meant to hate Algus. When you got to that fight to kill his ass, it felt SO GOOD :rage: The game made you look forward to that battle, it's not the "what a terrible character" hatred, it's the "That bastard!" hatred.And FF needs more of that, it feels like they tried a lot of making you like the antagonist, which is cool and all, I appreciate that, but it's nice to see some variety. Ramza is my favorite final fantasy character of all time, but Delita is also up there. Ramza, the unsung hero, and Delita, the risen anti-hero. God I love this game. Great, now I have to replay it :ahmed:

Of the Final Fantasy games I have played,

Final Fantasy IX was by far my favorite of the series.

I loved the designs, the characters, the story, the dialogue, the music, the locations, the fighting...

All of these things combined just come together and strengthen the game itself. It's my most replayed FF's

:hmmm:

I've actually been thinking about replaying soon. :monster:

I played a little of FFXIII-2, but got stuck on the rotating floor pieces and all toward the end of the game and no longer have an Xbox 360. Someday down the road I'll get back into it.

Final Fantast X is my favorite/best game in the series. It's the one I put the most hours into, completed closest to 100% as well as it being my introduction game to the series. You always remember your 1st. :)

Love the characters, enemies, plot, battle system, overdrives, aeons, music, FMV's!!!! Just to name a few. Overall this game brought everything together you could ask for in a RPG, and capped it all off with amazing graphics.

VIII

it was my first one and I love it so much!
But all the games are great, for example IX, it creates a feeling with its medival magically world that's really cool :)

nevertheless: FF VIII ;)

Back