Playstation The Legend of Dragoon

Really considering buying it. I lost my discs years ago, but just for memory's sake, I'd like to play through it again. I don't even remember the details so it'd be like playing a new game.

Legend of Dragoon Hits the PSN :D

Yup it finally came onto the PSN, Legend of Dragoon is availible now for a mere 7$ on the NA PSN.

I small price to pay for such a classic amazing game :D

I literally jumped out of my skin when I saw this on the PSN cause my Copy for my PS1 is buggy and freezes in random parts.

I'm soooo looking forward to buying this ^_^.

Anyone else gonna buy this or is it just me :ohshit::ohshit:

I didn't know it was out :eek: Guess I gotta buy it on PSN tomorrow when I get money. Honestly now I am excited for tomorrow. Thanks for letting me know! :D

Very nice. I'll probably be getting this once I finish off Xenogears. LoD was one of my favorite RPGs of that era.

Once Raul told me it was out I was kinda in shock. I checked psn earlier in the day and didn't see it, but checked it again and saw it. So I bought it instantly and was just ecstatic, so now going back and forth between that and Xenogears xD.

Does anyone know if it's gonna come to the UK store? I'd love to try it, 'cause most people seem to love it, and I've been waiting for a new JRPG to come to the store :)

This is not only my favorite RPG ever, but also my favorite video game of all time. Honestly, it's just fantastic. I would not mind a sequel, and/or remaster/remake.

I compliment Sony's creative team behind this game. It's unique/original, lengthy-ish, and addicting. The concept of Dragoons is genius. Sure, the game is pretty straightforward and linear, but the story lasts for a while, and the mythos behind it is great. ^_^

Amazing game, great storyline, great gameplay. The only gripe I really have about this game is the voice acting which I have said many times in the shoutbox. Resident Evil 1 had better voice acting. Other than that everything about the game is practically perfect.

I'm nearing the end of this for my first time ever and have to say that it's been a blast. Most of the characters have loads of back story, but told at a good pace rather than all once. The story goes at a good pace too, with bits of story mixed in with loads of gameplay (as games should be).

The battles are interesting right to the end because of the different moves you can learn and the many different characters. There are plenty of songs that are simply stunning (even though the main one that should be one of the best isn't that great (the main battle theme)).

The whole idea of the dragoons, winglies and humans is well done. Loving finding out more and more about those. The graphics are good for a ps1 game. Sorta reminds me of those from FF7.

Overall I'm loving it :)

this game needs a eu psn release..... DO IT PLEASE :hmph:

I heard that it a very good game, but I never had the chance to play it. thanks to it not being on the eu store.

I love LOD to bits. This game is hands down my favorite RPG I've ever played. I personally dont understand why it hasnt been remade yet. Could you imagine how sexy that game would look in todays graphics?

this game needs a eu psn release..... DO IT PLEASE :hmph:

I heard that it a very good game, but I never had the chance to play it. thanks to it not being on the eu store.

That is NOT ok. I have the disk but my PS1 shat the bed, so I legally play it on my PC. Yes, all my emulators and games are within legal limitations.
If I could legally rip it and give it to you, I would, but illegal shit is illegal.

The Legend of Dragoons is by far, the best RPG ever. Everything from the characters, to the plot and story, to the additions, it was all very beautiful. :star: I recently bought LoD on the PSN though I had stopped on disc four because I got frustrated trying to save Rose's friends.. I tried over and over & I know you don't need to, i've just played the game so damn much i gave up on it.:hmph:

My fave character was Dart & Albert, with rose close to Albert. I loved Lavitiz, but he died too soon. He was one of the good characters too :sad3:

Twenty Years Later, Legend Of Dragoon Fans Lobby For A Remake

06f243ba0721cfeb9c7e8f1d5567b3a7226de9e7_hq.jpg

The Legend of Dragoon was recently celebrated online for its twentieth anniversary since releasing as a Sony exclusive RPG for the PlayStation, and fans are hoping to garner enough attention and petition signatures for a remake. Fans have organized a petition titled “Global Campaign to Remake Legend of Dragoon.” At the time of writing, nearly 16,000 signatures had been gathered towards the organizer’s goal of 20,000. The petition features a letter for Sony with a request that the classic RPG be remade to coincide with the release of the PlayStation 5. The letter continues with a number of other recommendations based on the first game.

The Legend of Dragoon received generally favorable reviews and sold reasonably well following its release. As of 2007, the last available date with available data, the game had sold over 1.1 million copies worldwide and in addition in the top five PlayStation Classic charts upon its digital re-release online.

https://www.thegamer.com/legend-of-dragoon-fans-remake-movement/

I hope they remake/make a sequel to this game. As one of my top five games, I feel it's an utter tragedy that it hasn't been expanded upon or given new life like quite a few other games. I think the only thing I can ask besides a slight fluffing of characters' interactions, is to get rid of the 32 item limit. But that's me.

I agree Panda, this game totally needs new life and it's an absolute tragedy that it hasn't been :lew:

LoD was a top favorite of mine, easily. I think it has potential to be a very gorgeous game if remade with newer modern graphics these days. I feel like the majority of the characters were very well written and at least were very interesting to myself. The love story didn't seem terribly stressed and there was a decent amount of tragedy mixed in. Ah, and the music... ^_^

Actually, I think LoD was one of the first games I bought a phyiscal copy of their soundtrack.

I wonder if after 20 years we could make the remake possible. Someday, maybe! I hope🤞

It was a great game, some fights quite hard and a world between beautiful fantasy and dark tense atmospheres with the plot around dragons and vyrages

Back