Sleeping With A Blanket

Hayate

Best I Never Had...
Veteran
Gil
So, are you one of those people who just cannot sleep unless you have some sort of blanket on you even when it's hot? Or do you not sleep with a cover/blanket? Maybe half your body inside and the other inside the blanket.

Explain!

I'm odd because I sleep in this thick ass comforter even when it's like 85 degrees out. Yeah, I'm an odd one. In Jamaica when I would stay with my grandparents it was the same thing: I'd HAVE to sleep with a blanket covering like 85% of my body. I guess the extra heat just doesn't bother me, especially since I blast the fan and amazingly it doesn't get me sick anymore doing that. Weird. :hmm:

I used to always have to sleep with the blanket on me at all times, even in the summer when the nights were sweltering. It was more because I was a chicken and would think things would try to grab me in my sleep and somehow the blanket would protect me from these nasty monsters.

Now that I am older I realise I was ridiculous and I am able to sleep without a blanket on during the summer, it is so much cooler now, i don't know how I survived all those years in the hot with a blanket.

Nope. I have no problem sleeping uncovered if it's hot. When it's in-between (kinda like now where we're getting temps in the high 70's but I don't want to turn on the A/C yet) I'll use the trick of using one leg uncovered to try and regulate.

Yes. I can't sleep without some sort of covering, even if I'm just napping on the couch. I have this little green blanket that I use if I'm just laying or napping on the couch. Both my boyfriend and I have to have a blanket when we sleep. We change it up depending on how warm it is outside; a down comforter for colder months and a lighter comforter for warmer months. We'll just open a window or turn on the AC to keep the room cool. I just feel so naked without a blanket over me.

Sleeping with a blanket is always nice but sometimes I can sleep with no blanket at all. Mostly in the summer when it is boiling hot.. blanket is not recommended to sleep with. I tried that in the summer a few times and the result was that I could never sleep. I sleep with no blanket when it is boiling hot over here... so that would be like July-August ish or even June. If I sleep with a blanket when it is cold, then I never have a problem. Maybe in the summer I will sleep with a small blanket.. but never those huge warm ones. Sleeping with a huge blanket when it is hot.. is just annoying.

I'm actually capable of falling asleep anywhere without coverings, be it on a sofa, in the car, even on the lawn once. I can't say I've tried sleeping on a bed without a blanket very often, to the point that I don't quite remember when I last attempted that. Our summers here are still warm, but it's never actually that warm in my house that sleeping without a covering is ever wholly necessary. Even when it is warm, open windows and a couple of fans work just fine with a thin blanket over me. I'm very familiar with sleeping with a blanket anyway, which is why I keep them on. So yes, I think I can sleep without a blanket, but as it's part of my comfort zone, I just choose to have them on even if it's unnecessary.

For me i'm not fussed either way, but preference is to be covered when I sleep but if it's too hot i'm fine sleeping on it instead of under.

I guess it all just comes down to temperature, I lack stuff like fans so I just have to go with it when it happens xD

I have to be covered up when i sleep. Its a nightmare when its too hot, i end up having to sleep under just a sheet, i just cant sleep unless im covered up. If Im fancying a kip while travelling somewhere, i have to sort my coat so im at least somewhat covered it just doesnt feel right otherwise

I'm actually capable of falling asleep anywhere without coverings, be it on a sofa, in the car, even on the lawn once. .

I have to say that sounds like an interesting story. :wacky:

I have to have some kind of covering be it a sheet or a blanket. That's hell at our old place, because at the moment our air is out down there, and it's been really hot. So I burn the fuck up down there under my blanket. But sleeping uncovered just doesn't feel right.

My feet have to covered too or else I won't sleep. It used to be the opposite. I don't know what caused the change.

Sadly I can't sleep without a blanket... It could be 100 degrees or i could be running on 48 hours of no sleep...but I wont be able to sleep without a blanket covering me.... Is that a problem at all?

I can sleep without a blanket at the beach or something, but that's about it, otherwise I would have to have a blanket. I have a hard time falling asleep without my husband to hold onto though, when we had to sleep apart on the night before our wedding it was very difficult :sad:

It's a form of security, I think., your bodies natural instinct to sort of 'cocoon' itself while it's sleeping. I could sleep without one, and if there is one nearby it will be on me before morning, practically in spite of me.

If it gets hot, I won't. Just the other night, I was watching movies on my computer and then I passed out without the blanket on. I woke up and felt really weird. Like I didn't sleep at all. Had me fucked up for awhile. I guess it is good to have that comfort while sleeping. But if it is too hot, then I'm tossing that bitch on the ground.

Right now I'm sleeping with a sleeping bag and a comforter. And it's really hot. I think it's a psychological thing.

I feel exposed if I don't have some sort of sheet covering me. If it's hot in my room, I'll just keep my legs covered or something. Or aim my fan at the bed.

I wouldn't want someone to walk in on me if I'm asleep without a blanket while I've got some "morning wood" going on. Embarrassing.

If I'm exhausted enough, I can fall asleep in any position or condition possible. There was a time I found myself sleeping on the floor with my legs up against the bed, no covering, and I wasn't tired or uncomfortable at all when I woke up . :wacky:

As for preferences on how I'd like to sleep, if I wanted to, I could sleep with no blanket or covering as long as I'm on top of one - kind of like how I slept last night. :hmmm: But most of the time, I sleep under covering. If I'm ever too hot, I usually lie on top of the bed with the fan on for a few moments to cool myself off and eventually go back in the covers . :lew:

Theres has to be something. Even if its 100000000 zillion degrees outside it just doesnt feel right without a blanket/duvet or whatever. I mean i could sleep without one and ive done so before but itl alwyas take me ages to actually fall asleep and when i do eventually drift off im gunna wake up soon after.
So yeah, im defiantely one of those people who need a cover.

No matter what temperature it is in the room, I need a blanket when I'm in bed. Though I nap on the couch a lot(mainly because I fall asleep rather than setting out intending to nap) and I never have a blanket then. But for my proper night's sleep I need some form of cover/blanket no matter what it is.

Back