[Sign-ups & Discussion] The Gates of Tehera

karima-adebibe-586349.jpeg

Name::
Serianna Crescent

Race:: Witch

Personality::
Serianna is an incredibly closed off, private young woman who prefers not to let her true feelings play out on the service; instead, she locks away all emotion, taking on a steely facade that can come across as rather intimidating to others. What little emotion she does display revolves around anger and frustration, which bursts out uncontrollably. A complex young woman, many have tried and failed to figure out the inner workings. To know just what makes Serianna tick, you must be either incredibly empathic, psychic or like she is.

Revelation is a recurrent theme in Serianna's life. The urge to uncover or hold up to the scrunity of the inner visions, feelings and thoughts of herself is marked. Perhaps it is self-scrutinization that prevents Serianna from ever opening up to others. That hidden fear of being judged solely because of what she believes and follows. Although it is most likely her inherent distrust that is the primary reason behind this.

Serianna is pragmatic to the extreme, thus she is concerned more with results than with theories. Those who play about with this theory or the next, and who have no drive to discover the truth behind them irritate Crescent beyond belief, oft times resulting in one of her rare explosions of temper. Although not the High Priestess of her Coven, Serianna works as the second-in-command, keeping her sisters and family together through the good times and the bad, using her wisdom and knowledge of the outside world.

The Witch will do whatever it takes to protect her Coven, a trait the High Priestess favours highly and possibly the reason why she gives Serianna so much freedom and power over the others of their family. Only the High Priestess knows the fierce loyalty and love that resides deep within Serianna's frosty outer shell.

Appearance::
Height: 5'5''

Serianna is a naturally slim young woman with long, dark red hair and stunning blue-green eyes. Her body is womanly without being over emphasized, toned and strong due to her years of training. She tends towards black shorts with a matching tank top and a long, blood red coat. Her boots are also red and she occasionally wears a cowgirl hat depending on whether or not she is trying to prevent her face from being seen.

History::

Character Theme:: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-3x_7WKN1A

Battle Theme:: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmjbHrekOEU

---------------------------------------------

alice-nine-hana-saga1.jpg

Name:: Gekitsou Hitoki

Race:: Demon

Personality::

Appearance::

History::

Character Theme:: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVXqFKAaKEI

Battle Theme:: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaNlsWvE8v0

IMPORTANT NPCS TO THOSE ABOVE
I'd rather these were not taken over by anyone. They're just a few characters that will make appearances here and there during Serianna and Hitoki's story. I have plans for them all.
(Hope this is okay Ami. I plan to have Serianna and Hitoki away from most others for a while to play a little story out between them D= )

Seras Yasah - High Priestess of Serianna's Coven
A kind-hearted but strict woman who trusts only Serianna and Nova within her coven. It was Seras who persuaded Serianna to represent the Witches on the Treaty Council.
13_kate_cassidy.jpg

Gekitsou Suzume - Hitoki's sister
Not quite as cold as her brother and also more Pro-Treaty than she is against it. Suzume is the one who keeps Hitoki's feet on the ground, preventing him from doing anything that could put the Treaty in jeopardy.
yui_aragaki.jpg

Nova Arces - Witch
Serianna's best friend and lover. More soft-hearted than than her partner, she prefers to see the best in everyone. However, she will not hesitate to take Serianna's side in any fight.
Kyoko_Fukada_001.jpg

I'll complete this when I get back. <_>

Last edited:
Oooh, Hell Girl.

By the way, I just had a thought whilst it was raining here. Since Ice is essentially Water, does my Water Elemental character get to meddle with ice too? That, and, assuming she has the vitality to do so, can she actually create lightning since- from what I recall reading about- lightning can be formed by these ice knocking into each other at high speeds (Or something like this)?

Should we be opposites or just a couple guys that love to fight together/amongst eachother? :hmmm:

I'd go for the second one. Shit would be awesome to tag team team on an enemy. :D

Also, Vikki... >MY FACE WHEN I SAW ALL OF THOSE PICTURES ARE IN MY PICTURES FOLDER! :yay:

I thought you'd approve Ringo. Alot of the images you gave me work perfectly for the characters I'm utilizing here. Especially the one of Jo from Burst Angel XD

Still having difficulty deciding on an image for Hitoki and Nova, but shouldn't be long and these will be done.

Edit: I know it's Meg. Shhh. ._.

Last edited:
Uh, actually, that's Meg.

[Mod Edit: Post count section. One liners can be considered spam. =] ]

Last edited by a moderator:
That's what I meant. Quiet. It's too damn warm and I'm all over the place mentally.

Jo's the lead. I know that. Shhh.

Way to make me look dumb. I was about to go edit. ._.

If it's all right with you, I'd want to stick with water. If things go smoothly, then I'll consider making water into ice as well.

Cardiac Kid, your template is approved.

Vikki, I await the rest of your template. And it's perfectly fine with me, I've got some NPCs that will pop in now and again myself.

Name: Mystro Kazuki

Race: Elemental (earth)

Personality: He just doesn't care. It's not that he hates people or has any disliking for them, he just wouldn't care if everyone dropped dead and that's just how he is. If you don't like it, suck it up and walk away, because anyone that bitches about who he is or tries to change usually would never look him in the eye again. In a fight he almost completely changes. He has fun fighting, smiling and laughing the whole time while also mocking his enemies moves, just to piss them off.

Generally he likes to stay away from people unless he is itching for a fight. He avoids people because they annoy him with all the senseless babble. He clearly does not and will not care. He won't lie to a person, he'll just tell them like it is all in one sentence. He hates to repeat and explain himself, because it just is that way. If it is, it is, it does not need explaining.

To pass his time, he writes. He has written many stories, fiction and non, but never did anything with the stories. Last thing he wants is to be held high in any society for something that he thinks is so simple. Everything is simple to him, even the understanding of quantum physics. He is very smart, yet he chooses not to be bothered with showing it or even using it, but that is because everything is so simple to him.

Appearance:
character_concept_art_by_khanshin.jpg

Height: 5'6"

History: It was not unique that he was given the elemental powers of earth, as it was in his bloodline. His father was an English scholar and his mother was a gypsy. His mothers side was where he inherited the elemental powers of earth. Being raised by his gypsy mother, he experienced a life of great Detachment. However his father taught him to have dignity and to stand tall with pride. Despite what his father taught him, his father never really spent the time with him that most young boys had with their father. This troubled him because his father did indeed have the time to do so, but he never took any opportunity to try. But at this point, he was only a young boy.

He spent most of his time with his mother, who would show him ow to use the elemental powers that she passed down to him. By the age of 6 he was capable of making stones grind themselves down into sand. This was actually a very progressive speed to be learning how to use these powers. He made his mother proud. only 2 months after he turned seven, his father died of natural causes. Mystro did not shed a single tear for his death, but his mother did, although she would never cry in front of her son.

Very soon after his fathers death, his mother took him to an extremely large housing, almost capable of being called a mansion in a place known as Tehera. The house was owned by a friend of his mothers, that of which was a psychic. Having lived there for 9 years after his fathers death, he was mastering his prowess over the element of earth.

One day, someone knocked on the door of the mansion he was living in. His fathers brother was at the door. He knew everything. He knew neither of them were human. Rage was clearly in this mans heart. Screaming about how he felt, he made it crystal clear that he thought his mother and this psychic male friend were lovers, and he shot both of them. He had no awareness of Mystro living in the house and left. Being 16, Mystro buried his mother and her friend in his yard. Strangely no authorities ever came around. It was as if the family never existed. For 2 years Mystro has been living in that mansion alone, mastering his powers of earth, and in those two years, he never had any sort of reminiscence of his parents. He simply did not care.

Character theme: Judgment Day

Battle theme: The Duel (excuse the bad quality)

Last edited:
Name: Lucius Remora

Race: Psychic

Personality: Introverted and calm, Lucius rarely speaks, saying no more than what has to be said. He will not show emotion of any kind even in the bleakest of situations if he can help it, and the only emotions he has shown in a long time is anger and irritation. He sees most emotion as a sign of weakness and refuses to show it unless he has to.

He also has little patience and can be irritated by delays and anything getting in his way. Lucius likes instant gratification. He doesn't like to wait for happiness or success to come his way. He wants it at once, and without any wait. If he is forced
to do something against his will, he will strongly protest against it and shows little regard for the people around him.

However, he does have a loyal side, particularly towards his sister, Natasha. He is secretly afraid that his actions will drag her into trouble and hurt her, and if she needs protected, he will protect her in whatever way he can.

Unfortunately, this inner care is masked by a facade of cold politeness. He says nothing more to his sister than what needs to be said, because they have become less close due to events of their past. As such, it takes a threat to his sister's life to make his caring side emerge.

Those that join him also receive his protection. He is not afraid of getting his hands dirty or fighting directly in the field. He will enter battle personally, and shows little regard for the people he kills and wounds, seeing them as obstacles in his path that must be destroyed. This cold regard for his enemies makes him a force to be reckoned with in battle.

Appearance:
beaumirchoff2.jpg

Standing at five foot eight inches, Lucius is rather short for a boy of his age. He is slender and slightly underweight, but with a muscular and strong skeletal structure that lies beneath the deceptively thin frame. With bright blue eyes with a dash of purple, the purple marks his psychic heritage. He prefers darker clothes such as a long sleeved black t-shirt and black jeans.

History: Lucius was born two minutes after his sister, Natasha, and the two were close for a number of years, living normal, happy lives until their father, David, left them and their mother, Alicia. Lucius became withdrawn and introverted, unwilling to talk about his father and retaliating aggressively at first whenever he was talked about.

The issue with their father brought the two closer together in the years that followed. When they entered middle school, Lucius had a select group of friends, due to his more reclusive, less social nature. He has a few close group of friends.

After the incident last year, when he, Natasha, and their mother Alicia were involved in a car crash, Lucius became even more retreated. His mother's death hit him hard, not that he showed it, for fear that it would be a sign of weakness. They were taken in by their young aunt, Fran. However, even after the funeral, things weren't quite right between the twins when Natasha tried to talk to him about their father. Lucius ignored her pleas and acted totally emotionless, and when he couldn't escape from his sister's words, he packed his bags and left.

The day after he left, he was walking through a local park when a voice entered his head. It was a male voice and sounded familiar to Lucius. It wasn't that he could hear it physically. It was like a crystal clear thought in his mind. Following the path his mind told him the voice was coming from, he found someone. His father.

Although David did not recognize his son at first, he soon identified him somehow, and was shocked. Although he tried to explain, Lucius' mind seemed to go blank, and when he regained awareness, his father was unconscious before him. After making sure he was uninjured, Lucius ran away. After regaining his senses, he put two and two together and found he was psychic. And he already knew what he wanted with it.

He is returning to school now after Christmas break, having been missing for days. And yet, unlike Natasha, Lucius is resolved. He knows what he wants, and what he has to do to get it. He wants the Treaty broken, erased, and the supernatural set free to live in the world once again.

Character Theme: Final Fantasy XIII: No Way to Live

Battle Theme: Persona 3: Master of Tartarus

Whoa, this rp sounds pretty cool, if it's okay with you guys, I'd like to sign up with a human character.

NAME: Asuka Nagasaki
RACE: Human

PERSONALITY: Being an outspoken girl, unafraid to voice her opinions and make open conversation with anyone she comes across; Asuka is a walking "ray of sunshine". Her surprising abrasiveness can and usually does have the effect of turning people off, but she only unleashes this ugly trait when she feels that she's been threatened or wronged. She feels very strongly about her opinions and rarely backs down from a challenge, suffering from a perilous competitive streak. Furthermore, Asuka's perfectionism also tends to be a defining characteristic of hers as she spends hours smoothing over a wrinkle or a crease in her clothing, particularly when she's nervous. Her only fear is to be alone, so it's not unusual to find her clinging unto any one person to feel some sort of closeness to them. She also feels that by being close to any one person, she'll be effectively safe from harm. It should be noted that when Asuka is pissed, she tends to drum her fingers on anything . . . books, tables, speakers, anything within tapping distance. She also uses tons of profanity, having the mouth of a sailor, and then she punches something--whether it be a pillow or a wall, if she can't punch something then she goes for a quick jog to clear her head.

APPEARANCE:
Guitar_girl_by_KYMG.jpg

At 5'3", Asuka is a slender little thing, not possessing any outstanding physical prowess at all. Yet what she lacks in pure strength, she makes up for by having powerful legs made to carry her at great spurts of speed. Nursing scars from countless sparring sessions against her now deceased elder brothers and her father (he's still alive, thankfully), Asuka is considered to be 'tough' by her other relatives. She feels no shame in showing off these scars as physical proof of her growing skill as an agile fighter of sorts.

Her cropped black hair frames her rounded face and it's normally left layered in choppy tendrils just above her nub of a chin. Typically clothed in her school girl uniform (since she attends school, like all good human teenaged girls), Asuka dons a short-sleeved white cotton shirt, complete with a long white tie, and navy blue nautical-styled collar, designed with thin white decorative stripes. An extremely eye-catching matching navy blue pleated skirt, also made out of cotton, barely covers her long legs. To cover up her milky skin, Asuka throws on a pair of long black tights, thigh-high, and completes the ensemble with matching black Mary Jane's.

EDIT: She's also known to carry one of her elder brothers' guitars, strapped to her body as a tributary nod to him. The guitar appears as pictured: a red body with two white painted stars, a black fretboard, and typical silver tuning buttons, glossed over with a special wooden-cleaner finish.

HISTORY: Born to a working class family of Japanese descent, Asuka was weened on classic literature and hours of piano lessons, that is until she mouthed off the teacher in mangled Japanese and English. Her ex piano teacher has since, to Asuka's understanding, gotten employment at a stripper's club. Go figure. Her family has been residing in Tehera for centuries, as she found out by asking her father one day.
Her family takes a decidedly neutral stance on the treaty, feeling that it upholds certain boundaries, limiting the other races from causing any bodily or psychological harm to humans. Besides, Asuka attended primary school with a few vampires and psychics in her midst so she was raised to be tolerant of any racial differences. She overlooks these slight differentiations in favor of befriending everyone. Asuka was always an abrasive child, never afraid to speak out against whatever she felt was wrong: if a kid was bullied in front of her, then she'd waste no time in sticking up for them; if she hated cauliflower and thought your food tasted horrendous, you'd know about it. This brash quality of hers, resulted in her parents (her mother was an primary school teacher and her father was an instructor in Akido and Karate and owned an instructional school for kids of all ages) sending her off to a reformation school. After her mother was offered another teaching position at a nearby town, Asuka and her family moved. This was when Asuka's life changed . . .

Having grown up with an admittedly annoying group of manly-men elder brothers, three to be exact, influenced and twisted Asuka's personality into something decidedly masculine and admirable, no matter how offensive she could be. Over the years, she'd grown accustomed to having them give her piggy back rides, beat up bullies who targeted her (though she'd insist that she could handle them herself), and teasing her relentlessly for being "one of us". When her brothers fought admirably overseas in a waging war, Asuka fought back her impending feelings of betrayal, anger, and bitterness and replaced this with a scarily unhealthy amount of happiness and fierce determination; after persistently begging her father to teach her the art of hand-to-hand combat, Asuka tackled her high school year with an indomitable will . . . until her brothers all tragically passed in a bombing incident and so . . . Asuka clings, staunchly refusing to admit that she misses them with each passing breath and day.

CHARACTER THEME: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aamrhV70-4k

BATTLE THEME: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gfNllnH5Ro

Last edited:
Tsukianei, Diar and sneakerpimp, all your templates are approved.

I'm aiming to start this on Monday. Anymore templates are welcome.

My bio has been finished. History was actually rather difficult, but I think it'll do just fine

EDIT: I changed my characters battle music too

it is now http://picosong.com/RH3/

Last edited:
Yay, I can't wait to start posting. This is going to be so fun! ^_^

Just a side note, I'm finishing up my sign-up after having been gone this long weekend, so I should be able to post my app by lunchtime tomorrow! Yay!

*sends a brofist in Ringo's direction* Thievery and space balls reference. Fucking. Ace.

Just had to say that real quick :hmmm:

First post up. It's a bit meh, but it needed to be done before I got too far behind.

Damn high school kids are wearing me out more than I expected.

I'm not sure what it is, but I can't seem to get into this RP too much. It's a good RP and all, but I'm just not feeling inspired enough lately. I'm going to continue to post, of course. However, I'm having serious trouble getting inspired to post. I'll have a post up tomorrow. Lately, I've just been judging my own work quite harshly. Maybe it's just all in my head. Not quite sure. :hmmm:

I think your posts are rather good, Ringo. It does seem hard at times to come up with a good post, but those things come and go. So long as people are active is what really matters, imo.

Keep up the work though. This DOES look like a good RP.

Back