Announcements Server move/Downtime

Status
Not open for further replies.
I checked your profile too, Joey, and I'm not set to invisible, so I'm not sure what is happening there.

When I click your profile it tells me that I viewed it, but lists no other names.

The last 1 visitor(s) to this page were:
  1. Argor251

That is what I see.

Yes. Now, private in the sense that no one can see it, I'm not sure. But you can make a group invite only. (Which is what I have mine set to.) It works, bbcode isn't allowed, but if it becomes allowed, I see no reason why we couldn't get rid of the club section, as it would, at that point, become obsolete.

You'll have to forgive me if I was on your buddylist before this update. I checked this friendslist thing, and it has everyone that was once on my buddylist saved as 'contacts' with an extra box to tick for them to become friends. I ticked the box, so forgive me, as I didn't realise until I clicked to confirm that it might be sending all of you an e-mail letting you know this...

Some of the people I ticked aren't even active, so that'll appear as odd to them. :sad2:

Just thought I'd warn people, though there is probably a way to turn e-mails off if everyone re-adding each other gets irritating.

-

I can view who has viewed any profile with out any issues. I can't view it on my own, but that is because I've had no views. But since it tells me that, perhaps it works for me.
Probably should have read this before I did the exact same thing. Oh, well... :wacky:

I did the same thing Addle, I imagine a lot of ex members are going to be confused now :andry:

On a side note, does anyone know how this TT thing works? :hmmm:

Awesome. So I assume upon entering the Admin Control Panel, the program/system automatically checks for any new updates, then? I believe RPG Inferno does, there just is never any new updates anymore, nor has there been for quite some time.
No automatic version check, because we don't want to enforce "call to home" in the same way Inferno had.

If our servers went down, then what? Make RPG Directors suffer 5 second delay every time they accessed the RPG CP? No ty xD

That being said, we post announcements and send update emails whenever our products are updated, so assuming LG didn't opt out of that, he should be receiving the update emails so he won't be out of the loop :)

Decado/Belazor, what would be a preferable way of contacting you in regards to reporting bugs etc so you're made aware? :hmmm:
While we do prefer the licence owner posting the issues, if you register on our site and post in the Lite forums we'll try to assist you.
You may need to facilitate contact with LG if we need any further information, though.

Well I moved the server...partially. Unfortunately I had an issue moving the database, so right now the site is on the new server but the DB is still being served from the old server. This sadly means the site performance will be slower than before! I'll attempt to move the DB again later, hopefully that should be in the next day or two. There will be downtime for that, hopefully shorter.
If the issue is something you think I can help with (having I'd say above average experience moving databases from server to server) then please don't hesitate to let me know :)

Broken URLs will probably be a big issue. This is because we don't have vbSEO anymore, so all URLs now go by the default vB scheme. Nothing much to be done about this because I'm not about to fork out $150 for the latest vbSEO. If there are any broken URLs hardcoded into a template or something, let me know. Unfortunately any broken URLs used in old posts will remain broken unless manually fixed. If there are any that are very common, then I can perhaps try and mass replace all occurrences of that URL in the MySQL post table.
As far as I'm aware, MySQL doesn't have any regexp for use in UPDATE queries, and even if so, regexp is dangerous stuff. Myself I wouldn't touch it with Sephiroth's sword xD

That being said, if you leave the .htaccess file that vBSEO used in your forum directory, then all old URLs will continue to work just fine :)

To everyone - the Triple Triad and Forumon links can be found on your navbars (by your User CP/Quick Links). The Forumon currently isn't working however.
Apologies for the missing forumon-export.xml file - we're working on a better way for us to mass generate monsters that don't look horrible xD

Alyss, Strange that you say teh SB disappears for you when logged on, but appears when logged off. Perhaps DBTech will know what's going on.
Are you sure you set the usergroup permissions properly for registered users, or whatever other usergroup people like me are in (as I have the same issue)?

I think this may mean that, when the site gets fully configured, all usernotes + Friend lists will be wiped out. On the old skin (FFForums V1 [Fixed]) I have all my old usernotes and friends list, but on the default vbulletin skin, I do not.
The user notes nor friends list shouldn't be affected - however, the standard functionality in vB 3.8 is that user notes are moderators only.

They're intended to be used for moderators to leave notes about members and have other moderators check them when issuing punishments.

It's possible vBulletin have started enforcing this more strictly in vB 3.8 - I couldn't say.

In either case, we'll be assisting LG in upgrading the skins :)
We're just having a slight issue with the "DragonByte Tech" account and lack of memory of its password xD

We may just end up waiting until the database move is complete, if nothing else because it means it won't take 5 minutes to load each page when we're editing the templates :ryan:

Everyone, try using the default vbulletin skin for now, you get all the new features on user profiles and whatnot.

I think this may mean that, when the site gets fully configured, all usernotes + Friend lists will be wiped out. On the old skin (FFForums V1 [Fixed]) I have all my old usernotes and friends list, but on the default vbulletin skin, I do not.

I'm able to see the usernotes on the default vB skin. Right beneath your profile picture.

LG, regarding the SB, it seems that Newbies and Staff are able to use it on the default vB skin, but no one else. That's definitely a usergroup permission for the Shoutbox. I don't know why Newbies would be able to have access to it and not the others.

Aww... I was hoping to enter the Forumon RPG here once I got online, hope it won't take too many days to get it up, anxious to get an inside view on it, as a member of RPG staff for it at these forums, waiting like this kills me, I don't have anything to do. xP

Good to see so many things like post count, rep power etc. still intact. Heck, even that weird usertitle remained the same, and didn't get set to some default. :P

If you're an RPG Director (been ages so I'm not up to specs on the usergroup colours anymore) and LG set your UG as Is Manager under the Forumon RPG usergroup permissions, you should be able to access the Forumon RPG AdminCP (link should be in the bottom right corner) :)

The ban list is here now (different plugin than before, since the old one wasn't for 3.8):
http://finalfantasyforums.net/misc.php?do=banlist

Viewable by staff only.
While we do prefer the licence owner posting the issues, if you register on our site and post in the Lite forums we'll try to assist you.
You may need to facilitate contact with LG if we need any further information, though.
I gave CW my login for the forums, if that's acceptable.
If the issue is something you think I can help with (having I'd say above average experience moving databases from server to server) then please don't hesitate to let me know :)
Well the issue is that when I try to restore the mysqldump (e.g. via command 'mysql finalfan_forums < forum.sql'), it restores about 280MB of about 900MB but hangs on restoring the post table. show processlist in mysql cli says that it's doing a repair, but after I saw that I repaired the table (via myisamchk -r, and also through mysql cli), re-dumped, and that made no difference. This hang issue only occurs on the destination server - when I tested restoring the dump on the original server, it restored fine. I tried copying over the same /etc/my.cnf, didn't help. Any ideas?
That being said, if you leave the .htaccess file that vBSEO used in your forum directory, then all old URLs will continue to work just fine :)
Problem is that vbseo's rewriterules were through it's own code and settings, not through .htaccess.
Apologies for the missing forumon-export.xml file - we're working on a better way for us to mass generate monsters that don't look horrible xD
forumon.php actually gives the error -

Fatal error: Call to a member function init_permissions() on a non-object in /home/finalfan/public_html/global.php(1091) : eval()'d code on line 36

Also having an issue with vb Optimise. Online/Offline is set to 'Yes',
but under System Test it says, "vB Optimise is currently offline. Please enable and configure vB Optimise to run a system test."
Are you sure you set the usergroup permissions properly for registered users, or whatever other usergroup people like me are in (as I have the same issue)?
Yes that was probably it, I just fiddled with the permissions.

Anyone still having any issues?

There are a few members who are still completely unable to access the forum; Ami, Martel and Channy are those I'm aware of. I'm guessing this will just be a temporary thing until everything is up and running again? :gasp:

They're intended to be used for moderators to leave notes about members and have other moderators check them when issuing punishments.

It's possible vBulletin have started enforcing this more strictly in vB 3.8 - I couldn't say.

In either case, we'll be assisting LG in upgrading the skins :)

So basically, Visitor Messages are the new usernotes? :lew: That's cool.

When you say you'll be upgrading the skins, does that mean making entirely new ones, or adapting the current ones for use with the new features and whatnot?

I love's me the new visitor messages.

I've been waiting for this a long time :ryan:

In other subjects, hopefully there won't be too many problems trying to get the SB back, or putting on the new skins either.

There are a few members who are still completely unable to access the forum; Ami, Martel and Channy are those I'm aware of. I'm guessing this will just be a temporary thing until everything is up and running again? :gasp:
This probably has to do with the nameserver issues, which have improved but I think there's still some configuration error somewhere.

You can tell them to try opening DOS command prompt and typing 'ipconfig /flushdns', that might help (or not).

I gave CW my login for the forums, if that's acceptable.
Aye, that should be fine. Though if you could have him sign his messages with "CW" and you sign your messages with "LG" (or whatever names you wish to go by) then that'll make it easier for us to determine who we're talking to and whether we should ask for info, or ask to ask you for info ;)

Well the issue is that when I try to restore the mysqldump (e.g. via command 'mysql finalfan_forums < forum.sql'), it restores about 280MB of about 900MB but hangs on restoring the post table. show processlist in mysql cli says that it's doing a repair, but after I saw that I repaired the table (via myisamchk -r, and also through mysql cli), re-dumped, and that made no difference. This hang issue only occurs on the destination server - when I tested restoring the dump on the original server, it restored fine. I tried copying over the same /etc/my.cnf, didn't help. Any ideas?
Hmmm, when you say hangs, did you actually observe the table data and no more data was added past a certain postID? If so, you could observe the contents of that post and try to remove it from the file and manually insert it yourself.

If it appears that it just stops after a certain period of time, and thus no reliable postid to cut the script off at, then I suggest doing what I do whenever I run into similar problems; export and import data piecemeal.

I suggest creating separate .sql files for at least the following tables:
* adminlog
* template
* any other table with more than 10k rows

In fairness I don't actually know if it's possible to have mysqldump export only select tables, and it's a time consuming process, but if it's the only way...

Problem is that vbseo's rewriterules were through it's own code and settings, not through .htaccess.
I see, is there no way to switch it over to use .htaccess settings / have it generate one?
I have no idea if that's a limitation of older versions of vBSEO, but I'm relatively certain newer versions allow it...

If not, then they really should make one for forums that wish to uninstall the mod :p

forumon.php actually gives the error -

Fatal error: Call to a member function init_permissions() on a non-object in /home/finalfan/public_html/global.php(1091) : eval()'d code on line 36
Can you tell me the name of the hook that's being called on like 1091 in global.php? I don't have vB3 files with me at the moment nor do I have access to members.vbulletin.com on this computer.

That being said, I'm unsure if that's a forumon error... I can't actually find any references to a function "init_permissions" in my forumon files.

With the hook name though, we'll get to the bottom of it :)

Also having an issue with vb Optimise. Online/Offline is set to 'Yes',
but under System Test it says, "vB Optimise is currently offline. Please enable and configure vB Optimise to run a system test."
Did you configure it to use an opcode cacher? If you don't have one on your new server yet (I strongly recommend Memcached) you can use the Filecache cacher (provided you CHMOD'ed the directory it wants) as a temporary measure.

Me :(

I guess I shouldn't bother with the Forumon RPG ACP much until some things get sorted out, I can't even delete something if I make something just to get a feel for it, without getting a Database error message, and the thing not ending up getting deleted at all...

Plus, I can't see any images in it for anything, kind of sucks for monsters, so I really need to just wait right now. >.>

Sorry to be a grouch. But I liked the old mood icons better. Blah looked different. Now its just an orange face. :neomon:

I guess I shouldn't bother with the Forumon RPG ACP much until some things get sorted out, I can't even delete something if I make something just to get a feel for it, without getting a Database error message, and the thing not ending up getting deleted at all...

Plus, I can't see any images in it for anything, kind of sucks for monsters, so I really need to just wait right now. >.>
Could you right click -> view frame source -> PM me with the complete error message you see in the source code commented out?

Yeah, I still can't get in the SB, or even see it at all, though I can still see it when I am logged off.

EDIT: Owait, I can see it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back