How About Another CG Movie, Square Enix? [5/30]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gingerbread Lesbian

Banned
Veteran
Gil
Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within may have been a flop, but Advent Children was a cash cow. What does Square Enix think about another CG film?
Shinji Hashimoto, Senior Vice President, is for another flick. Korean site Gameshot asked, “are you thinking about making a new movie after the success of Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children?”

“Although, we haven’t thought about it there is always new CG technology we’re researching,” Hashimoto replied. “If I have a chance, I would like to try again.”

Shinji Hashimoto was credited as a producer on Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children.

Source: Siliconera

I probably won't watch the film because in all likelihood, it'll be rubbish like the previous 2. Im guessing Advent Children was so successful because of the established FF7 fan base which is pretty huge. If they make another random movie like Spirits Within, then nobody will watch it seeing as FF fans are the only ones interested... but if they don't have their favourite characters to fangasm over and see in HD then I doubt they will either.

It is quite funny how 2 films, both of which are astonishingly shit beyond comprehension can differ so greatly in cash sucsess.
That goes to show how having a popular character like cloud in a film makes big bucks.
Il never buy another final fantasty film ever again. I learnt from my mistakes. If they do release one its straight to piratebay for me.

:hmmm: I wasn't a fan of Spirits Within, but I honestly didn't think Advent Children was that bad.

I'm not sure if they're talking about a movie for a different Final Fantasy, or just Final Fantasy VII again, I think if they wanna make another VII movie, they really need to add something and definitely a story line too it, also make it longer.

If it's a different Final Fantasy, I'll be surprised to see which. :hmmm: Come to think of it, I wouldn't mind seeing Zell do what he does so well on film... :awesome:

:wacky:

...how about no?

Advent Children was completely unnecessary - if I want non-stop action with little to no plot, I'll watch Power Rangers - and The Spirits Within...I'm just going to skip right over that. It doesn't deserve the time it'd take to rant about it.

Another FF CGI movie is a little too much to bear. I have to wonder what form it would take - they could probably just take the cutscenes from FFXIII, add a little bit to them and they'd have a three or four hour movie right there - but...I'd rather not see another one. They should spend their time doing something productive.

AC was only a success between fans, as a stand alone movie it's not even considered successful. Either they gonna do FFVIII: Fatali Children or I don't know.

I would say no. SE, you are a videogames developer. Forget CGI movies, we've seen enough CGI goodness already in Final Fantasy games lately. We don't need another movie, because FF does not work very well as movies. Don't bother spending about six years and billions of yen on something that could have been a brand new game instead.

Yes, Spirits Within did poorly, but Advent Children actually managed to be quite profitable. No surprises there, with Cloud being the poster boy and all. I can so see SE considering a new (3D?) movie connected with the Compilation of Final Fantasy VII for maximum profit. God help us if that ever happens. :gonk:

They would make big bucks by doing an Edward Cullen/Anakin Skywalker/Hope/Cloud cross over and call it "Final Fantasy VII: Revenge of Team Edward"

Barely hours ago I had this terrible feeling that they're considering doing another movie. Imagine my reaction to actually seeing news about it.

:rage: 8( :hmph:

If it's a good movie, it'd be cool.

Just please, no story linked to an actual FF title. Something fresh would be better.

I'm not pining for CGI movies from S-E since it's their games I love, but I wouldn't turn my back if they made another CGI movie.

I haven't watched Spirits Within, but from what people have told me, because it was so un-FF like, it had a bad reception. If FF wasn't in the title, it may have been better..?

As for Advent Children, haters can step off. I really enjoyed it a lot. I can admit I probably enjoyed it because I was aware of the FFVII game story and such, so I do agree as a stand-alone it would've been really "wtf?", but I think it was done pretty well.

But again, a guy saying he'd like to make another movie doesn't mean it's going to happen.

Ummm wel it actually depends. Spirits within wasnt that bad and Advent children was pretty good. Spirits within did on tv yesterday so I watche dit again. If they do want to make a new movie I would say the best way to go is FFX or VIII. Just please no more VII shit :ffs: (Not that I hate VII, its just the other FF's need a moment to shine)

Last edited:
I loved AC too. I thought it was written really well, the music was perfect, same with the directing. So, it's not like another movie will be outright bad. We'll just have to wait and see.

I love how everyone jumps on the hate train. Advent Children, for a second attempt, was a very good movie. The graphical quality is astounding (especially in blu-ray), the music is superb (just like in VII) and the writing and voice acting are okay. I've seen much worse.

I'm not too excited about another movie, but if they can improve on Advent Children with it then I'm sure that it will be well received. Maybe Final Fantasy VIII or XII? Hell, Final Fantasy IV or VI would also make amazing movies, in my opinion.

Spirit's Within wasn't so bad, it just made no sense that it was given an FF title when it had nothing to do with the series.

Maybe make one more movie to finish off the VII Comp. Maybe something with Genesis to try and fix all the horrible retconning and tie in with the end of DoC. No Denzel or Marlene plz, I'd had enough with them.

So they're considering another CG movie, hmm?...

No more FFVII. No FFVIII. No IX. No X, XI, XII, or XIII, and screw I-VI. FORGET ANOTHER FF MOVIE. It's all about Valkyrie Profile, baby! GIMME HRIST IN HD. OHHHHH YEAAAAAAHHH <3

I think they should go back in time and make Final Fantasy XIII a movie since it would be a better movie than a game, since the game play side of it was boringly shit. :dave:

Well It would be awesome if they made a FF CGi movie resolving FFIX imo.
Vivi's background maybe?
Or Zell's background?
Or Cid's background?

OR a compilation of all these awesome secondary chars in one movie, like AniMatrix for example.

Actually an FF Animatrix would be fairly awesome.. resolving a lot of unsolved things in one movie, thus pleasing many people.

Can't really be bothered. I think I might just watch it for the sake of watching once it my country's television stations decide to broadcast the show for free. I haven't actually watched the previous two through the cinemas, having watched them only on television. :P

If they produced something with graphics like Advent Children again, sure. No biggie. If they add some epic storyline like that in Final Fantasy X. Now that's worth something.

But I'm rather skeptical about SE doing something like this though.

I think they should go back in time and make Final Fantasy XIII a movie since it would be a better movie than a game, since the game play side of it was boringly shit. :dave:
That's actually a great idea. Men would flock to Lightning as a female character. It'd be like Tomb Raider all over again. :awesome:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back