Interest Check Gallery Mod

So a gallery section hosted on the forum?

I think this could be good.

Especially since the drawing prompts competitions have been quite popular in recent years. It might be nice to have a gallery hosted on the forum with all of the entries in them, for example. And the FFXIV screenshot competitions, etc, too.

But that's on the staff-led side of things, so we'll see what the community thinks!

The Gallery itself has a comments section as well - if we do decide to go with this, it might be worth urging people to re-post their FFXIV Screenshot Thread posts in the Gallery so it's a little bit more organised.

A category could be created for Final Fantasy XIV screenshots so they'd be easy to find, and individual images could be tagged (like threads can be tagged just now) to make them searchable.

That doesn't mean the screenshot thread would need to be replaced, since you can still embed images in posts just like you attach them (there's a button you click to get your media to embed). Having them posted in the gallery would make it easier for people to browse through them at a later date.

Seems like a fun idea. Useful for keeping track of events as well, I think.

I’m in!

Another potential use for it: Since albums can have privacy settings:

1566737351257.png

It could also be used to back up graphic design files (the final rendered image files at least) as a form of redundant storage in addition to cloud backup solutions.

The chances of a member's computer, FFF's server and a 3rd party service like BackBlaze all catching fire at the same time... Let's just say if that ever happens, chances are the entire planet is also on fire so your signatures and avatars are probably not top priority at that point 😂

Exactly. I'd like to move from Imgur album (we use this for Timber Maniacs too) and use a gallery here instead. Less hassle with logging in to another site and keep everything integrated here instead.

Members' pictures, cat pictures... we'd have our own instagram, really.

Last edited:
I absolutely agree this would serve us and the site itself well. Control over galleries and things would be so much better, especially as people have mention for ingame screens and the likes. It would be amazing to see. Keeping everything in house and organised would be easier as well. I like the idea and would say we should go for it.

Yes please!! it would be nice to have everything neatly organised and in one place :lew:

Are you saying we can take artwork, GFX work and screenshots that are currently spread out across many disparate places that are often difficult to track down at a moment's notice and organise them neatly and easily into a single place on the forums where members can effortlessly have access to and enjoy what this community of mad hatters has to offer? Sorcery!

Let's do it. (y)

So basically post a bunch of graphics on the front page like a slideshow? Go for it! Nothing wrong with more advertising. Could lead more graphics people to join the forum too.

I'm okay with the current system, but to be honest, I'm always ready to switch to options which are better when it comes to systematization/organization! So I think we should go for it!:D

I think it would be cool as we could find many fun ways to utilise it - I've posted threads regarding my Personal FF Collection but it would be fun to have a place on the side where everyone can post pics of their collection to be featured, along with latest FF pick-ups. I think it's a good idea and all for it.

Last edited:
Thank you guys for the feedback! That really helped. @Lord Golbez Thanks for this purchase, really appreciate it!

@Belazor et Britannia will be installing this for us soon when he has a chance to do so.

Can’t wait, really excited for this!

We'll be adding more to these galleries over the coming weeks, but I've just finished uploading our recipe entries from the last few years into their own gallery.

Don't eat them all at once! :argor:

If anyone has any feedback about the gallery mod platform or the way we have arranged our categories, please do let us know. We can't know if it is user friendly or not unless people tell us.

I have now updated the Gallery to include the two most recent recipe contest entries.

Don't tell Quina!

Unless Quina has any ideas about what else should go in the Gallery Mod. If you have any ideas or want the system to be used for anything in particular, let us know and we'll consider implementing it.

Back