Article: FFVII Remake Confirmed (Coming first to PS4, more to come in winter)

small speculation;

As you can see from the trailer, there is a hazy green glow reflecting on the flower;

tumblr_inline_nq1qonTE9I1qh4qwy_540.png

which should remind you of something;

tumblr_inline_nq1qor10lY1qh4qwy_540.jpg

which means, that flower being on the floor and that dim green glow is from when Aerith is at the alley wall where mako is pouring out

Other Aerith references;

• We get to see the Midgar park, which is tied to Aerith more importantly, specifically tied to the Clerith date
  • And we saw a helicopter, which could be the scene where Tseng kidnaps Aerith right before the plate falls

so there are some definite Aerith references found in the trailer.

tumblr_nq1898sRTu1qjdex2o1_540.png

tumblr_nq1898sRTu1qjdex2o2_1280.png

I also saw some Japanese fans speculating that it was Aerith shown in the water reflection, while at first glance it does look like her, I think it actually looks (to me) like it’s a statue of an angel. Which is seriously so sad because it’s shown right as Aerith’s flowers are shown, gives off the implication that she is an ‘angel’ and also hints at her death, especially as that damn feather falls beside the lily because we all know what that feather represents.

Sephiroth.

https://twitter.com/seri_U/status/610745978132393986/photo/1

We all know that Aerith is known as the "Flower Girl " and at the intro of the original version she appears walking in the slums with a basket full of flowers. That flower you see there in the trailer is a resemblance to her.

Yeah, I know. But certain people said there wasn't any Aerith references in the trailer, when there clearly is. :lew:

Woman, would you quit already! Final Fantasy VII isn't just about Cloud and Aerith! :lew:

The original intro for FFVII has Aerith in it, it would be weird to not mention her, and act like she doesn't exist! All these "OMG CLOUD AND AERITH" things.... :wacky:

THEY ALSO MENTIONED THE PROMISE. CLOUD AND TIFA'S PROMISE. CALM DOWNNN.

_____

Anyway. SE confirmed they will be making the remake, but for now have not yet started. Huzzah, take your sweet time and make this something glorious. ♥

nein :rage:, this is a ff forum and they are ff characters. i get to speak about aerith being heavily referenced in the trailer :pooley:

does that mean i can't also talk about the change to barret's clothes? because there are some. he has giant satchels on his sides and my mind is going crazy thinking about what's in them because he didn't have them in the original

and if they're adding stuff to barret's outfit i can only imagine what's gonna be changed about cloud's outfits fffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu :cali:

THEY ALSO MENTIONED THE PROMISE. CLOUD AND TIFA'S PROMISE. CALM DOWNNN.

here's the quote;

Long ago, we looked upon a foreboding sky. The memory of a star that threatened all, burns eternal in our hearts. In its wake, came an age of silence. Yet with each fond remembrance we knew, those encountered were not forgotten. That someday we would see them again. Perhaps it was no more than wishful thinking. But after the long calm there are now the beginnings of a stir. The reunion at hand may bring joy, it may bring fear. But let us embrace whatever it brings. For they are coming back. At last the promise has been made.

that was a promise to us the fans or was a reference to Zack and Cloud's promise. I'm leaning more towards the promise thing being a nod to the fans, though. because they say 'they are coming back' right before.

Also, did you notice the new Metal Gear / Splinter Cell-looking Shinra soldiers;

tumblr_nq1a6juIYT1qin3heo1_1280.png

unless those men are actually...............

Biggs and Wedge *gasp*

Which means they've eliminated their comedic relief look which in turn means FFVII IS GONNA BE DARK SIDE OF THE MOON SERIOUS :alone:

here's the quote;

Long ago, we looked upon a foreboding sky. The memory of a star that threatened all, burns eternal in our hearts. In its wake, came an age of silence. Yet with each fond remembrance we knew, those encountered were not forgotten. That someday we would see them again. Perhaps it was no more than wishful thinking. But after the long calm there are now the beginnings of a stir. The reunion at hand may bring joy, it may bring fear. But let us embrace whatever it brings. For they are coming back. At last the promise has been made.

Totally sounds like a sequel.

Those guys are far too uniform to be Biggs, Wedge and/or Jesse. I'd be surprised if they're not Shinra soldiers.

NPC-ffvii-ShinraTroop-gun.png

Totally sounds like a sequel.
That was my speculation, too. But the trailer actually shows the words 'remake'.

Rumor has it that this narration is from the future, while what we see is during the original game. So the ending of this game will probably end with an FFVII-2 hint OR this was just done for cinematic, Nomura's pretty great at doing that so....

Those guys are far too uniform to be Biggs, Wedge and/or Jesse. I'd be surprised if they're not Shinra soldiers.

NPC-ffvii-ShinraTroop-gun.png

See, I agree. They looked very military, to me. BUT, there's only two, one's skinny and the other's husky with a beard.....

Biggs%26WedgeFFVII.png

So either those are 'darker' versions of them or they're Soldiers.

Either way, it's foreshadowing how dark and serious the game is going to be.

I imagine the trailer is primarily a promo and isn't canonical. It's likely that a lot will change between now and the release and I'd be surprised if the finished product doesn't open with the train pulling into the station very similar to the tech demo all those years ago. In fact, I'd be surprised if the game features any of what we've seen in this trailer.

And I'm pretty sure those guys are Shinra troops! I'll be very disappointed if that's how they've designed Biggs and Wedge.

I feel like people are over-analyzing the trailer. This is nothing but a teaser, and I don't think anything shown here matters too much. The most you could get out of it is how Midgar might look now.

One of the things that I'm wary about is how they're going to handle the tone of the game. I'm sure they're going to make some changes to the dialogue and scenes, but I hope they don't make it too serious. There were some silly and funny parts in the original game, like Cloud crossdressing to sneak into Don Corneo's place. Don't you want to see Cloud take a group bath with half-naked muscle men in stunning HD? :wacky:

Eh, I'm not super amused. I mean this remake clearly means that things about the game are going to change whether we like it or not and there will be ff7 superfan hate regardless of what the game will be like. I personally prefer the cartoony charm of the original, but I honestly wasn't much of an ff7 fan to begin with. I'll definitely play this and I guess I'll support my fellow fans and their dedication...but if I have to keep reading endless pages on children playing with swords in a fantasy world and angel statue reflections and about how "deep" every scene is, I fear of what's to come. Can't we just go with the flow and have fun with it? FF8 remake next plz! :p

I'm sooooo amazed and surprised but mostly happy cause this is something that for a lot of fans including me were waiting to happen since PS2 and the release of AC. We surely had some stuff like CC, DoC, BC and even the Bike Minigame, but this is a HOLE new level of AWESOME!!!....My impressions about the trailer besides my wet pants, is that there are a lot of hints, and very subtle, maybe some hardcore fans like i consider myselfcould catch them...So here I go with my thoughts:

The off voice it is surely a survivor of what happened before the main game and knows about the hole story of the characters, could be anyone, even could be Red XIII, remember that the secret ending shows Nananki in the future, so he might be the narrator of the story...but passing to other matters the Aerith/Aeris reference is to obvious with the flower, but what tickles me is the Red feather..that could be a reference to Zack, Angeal, Sephiroth and even Genesis (his color is red), so it might be some kind of reference to the story in CC. The kid with the sword for me it´s just a nice detail, kind of remembering the heroes fallen something like that, but what intrigues me is when the little girl turns to the sky and maybe, just maybe it´s a reflection of Meteor perhaps? or even when the lifestream at the end saves the planet..look to the greenish color in the girl eye and one leaf from a flower falls down, that could mean that someone give up his or her life for the planet... we also saw some nice scene of the subway and Barret and Cloud walking at the slumbs, that's a reference to to the hole sequence at the metro and terrorist attack from the very beginning, the subway or train or whatever is a nice reference from maybe an improved first sequence.

The church it´s pretty obvious, and the helicopter....that could be a reference when the turks take Aerith/Aeris from the top of the Shinra building before the sector seven explosion if I remember well...and the soldiers could be just generic ones just to show the improvement in the uniforms...(we should get a new sequence when cloud goes undercover at Junon)

We also saw an underground facility and some one it's coming out, could be Junon, could be Nibleheim reactor..it´s kind of wet and moisty, but it´s definnitly a reference for emerging, rise again from the ashes...(Fort Condor it´s gonna be amazing)...

Toughts?...

Actually the thing I'm wondering about most now is whether or not this game will have the traditional turn-based battle style or some kind of hybrid like we had in FFVII:CC or even FFXV.

I don't think the traditional turn-base line up will look all that great in the updated game. At the same time this battle style has been at the heart of Final Fantasy, and fans will probably be hoping for the creators to retain some of the essence of the original game. Thoughts?

Actually the thing I'm wondering about most now is whether or not this game will have the traditional turn-based battle style or some kind of hybrid like we had in FFVII:CC or even FFXV.

I don't think the traditional turn-base line up will look all that great in the updated game. At the same time this battle style has been at the heart of Final Fantasy, and fans will probably be hoping for the creators to retain some of the essence of the original game. Thoughts?

I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up with some sort of battle system that's pretty close to that of XIII. XIII's battle system did seem like some derivative of what ATB COULD'VE been like in a future generation- albeit, if said designers decided to put the battle system plans through a shredder.

While, of course, the original ATB has undeniable charm and such, having Cloud and co. lined up together in 3D could look odd and- with this intense new feel(Batman Begins, guys!!), I just don't see it fitting in!

Also, due to the very blatant REMAKE caption, I think we all expect some drastic and/or not so drastic changes for this new game. (I bet the Honeybee Inn section of the game will most definitely be changed, but that's just me).

This game hasn't been my E3 highlight. I've never been much of a fan of this game or its cast... but the novelty of Square Enix finally giving the majority of the people what they want(?) amuses me, so I definitely want it to succeed.

Haven't posted in a long, long time, but this was definitely worth stopping in and reading about after getting the email announcement!

I was never a big fan of FF7, but after what has become of the later FF games, it will be nice to see (and play) a reboot of an old-school Final Fantasy on PS4 graphics. I just hope they don't change the story too much to the point it no longer follows the original.

And with that said, I hope they completely redo FF8 and FF9 for the PS4 as well!

Not just the Honey Inn but also the Don Corneo part and Cloud dressing as a girl. I can't imagine those scene in full PS4 graphics. I doubt Square Enix will delete those scenes.

Not just the Honey Inn but also the Don Corneo part and Cloud dressing as a girl. I can't imagine those scene in full PS4 graphics. I doubt Square Enix will delete those scenes.

:rofl: was talking about this on Facebook!

They can't remove it because that is how Aerith and Tifa meet. I guess they can have the party do a Shinra building like thing and break into the place.....

I can’t deny that Midgar looks lovely.

I’ve never had a desire for a remake as I absolutely adore the original (my copy hasn’t rotted yet, to my knowledge), and I suspect the changes that a remake will bring won’t be to my satisfaction.

However, at the very least this remake should provide some really cool CGI scenes. Here’s hoping that they don’t axe Don Corneo, Mukki, Cross-Dressing Cloud, and other fun and crazy characters / scenes, because I really want to see these in HD.

I’m also a bit concerned that they might be planning to ret-con the hell out of this game, but it seems that it is inevitable and they already are referencing other aspects of the FFVII Compilation.

A railway / tube station is named South Edge (though as others point out, this might be ‘the future’, and that’ll also explain why Aerith’s church and surrounding buildings are not underneath the Midgar plate).

The kids playing with Buster Swords… Obvious fan service, without regarding the plot. If it does end up in the actual game then perhaps they will include a scene where Cloud is confused by buster sword toys being common. Whilst not triggering his break-down and understanding of the identity mix-up too early in the game, seeds of early doubt may be planted here, or there might be a sort of dramatic irony to be picked out by the audience.

I’m not keen on that redesign of the Shinra soldiers. They look like they belong in Metal Gear or Call of Duty. For Final Fantasy that’s not a good thing. If these are Avalanche members Wedge and Biggs, then that is even worse, and that will not bode well for the tone of this game. FFVII will lose its charm and will become a generic action game.

The feather landing in the puddle during the scene which clearly references Aerith… I don't see it as a reference to Genesis' or Sephiroth's wings, personally, since this one is red. Could this actually be a phoenix down? Might this be hinting at the possibility of reviving Aerith, or could it be a self-aware joke on the number of fans who have wished for such a thing and made up revival theories for the original game?
Who knows what the gameplay and soundtrack will be like for this remake. Hopefully better than Crisis Core! :argor:

I hope this retains the magical feeling that the first game captured for me, and that it feels less like the spin-off titles which milked Cloud and Sephiroth so much that the soreness of their nipples are probably what made them turn so whiny.

One of the things that I'm wary about is how they're going to handle the tone of the game. I'm sure they're going to make some changes to the dialogue and scenes, but I hope they don't make it too serious. There were some silly and funny parts in the original game, like Cloud crossdressing to sneak into Don Corneo's place. Don't you want to see Cloud take a group bath with half-naked muscle men in stunning HD? :wacky:

My thoughts exactly. :argor:

Back