Article: FFVII Remake Confirmed (Coming first to PS4, more to come in winter)

Galadín

☽ ★ Imaginary ★ ☾
Staff member
Global Moderator
Veteran
Gil
Coloured Thread
Moogle
Cloud Strife
Sephiroth
Aerith
Mog's Tent
FFXIV
Salvae Celeres
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Free Company
Symphony
Article: FFVII Remake Confirmed (Release on PS4)

Fans have asked, fans have pleaded, then most just gave up. Now, after years of waiting, Sony have revealed at today's E3 conference that a remake for Final Fantasy VII is actually in development stage.

The teaser trailer below gives fans a new look at Midgar and all in updated, CG footage. Just who is narrating isn't quite clear and whether or not this remake will be staying close to the original game content is anyone's guess.

No specific release date has been given although sources allege that this is aimed at celebrating Final Fantasy VII's 20[sup]th[/sup] anniversary.

UPDATE
Main english page website for the remake is now available @ http://ffvii-remake.square-enix.com/

Last edited:
already had a thread but whatevs,

I am very weary after seeing this;
OiuJ0ix.gif

A kid playing with Buster Sword, which implies that
a) Cloud either never wonders about why kids idolize his weapon
b) They're making Zack a 'god' character more than he should be

Yeah, I just hope Nojima will stick to his convictions about making Cloud and Aerith lovers. Japanese fans even said they were confirmed with Case of Lifestream, so I hope Nojima won't try and level the playing field or go back on his word.

I'm so hyped. I honestly never thought this would happen. I'm amazed. Awesome.

Me either, man. five minutes before my sister told me, I was like, nah, they're not remaking it. But maybe they will since they have these ffviii characters in new models.

and now, looks like the japanese rumors were true.

i love the feel of the entire trailer, i love how it starts with BARRET and CLOUD (and a reference to Aerith),

did anyone notice the kid with buster sword;
OiuJ0ix.gif

i already am nervous that they're going to fill this game with retcons about zack

tumblr_nq0nmoJNVk1tjkl0mo3_540.gif

LOOK AT CLOUD'S ELBOW

LOOK AT HOW SEXY AND RIPPED HE IS

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

MYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

GAWWWWWWWWWWWWWD

I came back soley to rub it in the faces of all the nay-sayers THAT YOU CAN FUCKING SUCK IT.

Okay but srsly, who isn't tripping balls over this?

I'm about to like explode for real yo like shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

tumblr_nq0p5fIPh61qjdex2o1_540.png

BUT DID ANYONE SEE THE KICK ASS RE-DESIGN FOR BIGGS AND WEDGE???

and it trended worldwide on twitter;

tumblr_nq0p0246zN1qjdex2o1_400.png

Last edited:
WHO CARES ABOUT THE STAIRS, RAUL

LOOK AT THE SOLDIERS AND LOOK AT CLOUD'S MUSCLED ELBOW

I THINK IM PREGNANT NOW

THANK YOU JESUS

I already made a thread about this news. Why make another one?

Calling for some slack here. It's my first time putting up an article and I thought it was a standard thing to create an official thread for it too. :) Apologies Sesshomaru.

Calling for some slack here. It's my first time putting up an article and I thought it was a standard thing to create an official thread for it too. :) Apologies Sesshomaru.
You can emerged it with mines since I was the first one to make the thread. I don't want it to be closed down after making it.

You can merge it with mine since I was the first one to make the thread. I don't want it to be closed down after making it.

Okie dokie. It looks like I can't do anything with it but I've sent on a message to Mitsuki and I'm sure she'll fix everything up shortly.

Sorry guys, back to topic. :)

it really doesn't matter, that other thread was for the rumor of it, this thread is for the actual remake announcement, they have two different topics

I think it's a nice touch to add in the children playing with the toy Buster Swords. If I remember correctly, didn't Zack get a chance to interact a bit with the folks of the slums? If so, they probably sell them now as little gimmicky souvenirs for the local kids. I know the children he would have spoken to would be teens at this stage, but he was a SOLDIER 1st Class after all so all the little ones there may admire his hero status. I don't think it's a "god" thing Stray Arrows...(at least I kind of hope it isn't, even though I like Zack a whole, whole lot).

yeah, but already that fucks with the story.

Cloud sees random kids playing with his buster sword and it doesn't strike him as odd?

Back