Article: FFVII Remake Confirmed (Coming first to PS4, more to come in winter)

One thing I did forget to mention:

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/06/26/square-enix-reveals-conditions-for-final-fantasy-vii-remake

"...CEO Yoichi Wada explained during the company's annual shareholder meeting that it would not remake the legendary RPG until it makes a brand new Final Fantasy game that "exceeds the quality" of Final Fantasy VII".

That was almost 3 years ago to the day. From this, I can only conclude that 1) they have been talking shite this entire time or 2) they expect FFXV to be their best game ever. Both are worthy of a stern raised eyebrow.

Anyone else upset where stuck with that trash they call a soldier oufit instead of his strife clothes from ac. Hell we even get the damm music from ac so why stick us with garbage for an outfit.

Anyone else upset where stuck with that trash they call a soldier oufit instead of his strife clothes from ac. Hell we even get the damm music from ac so why stick us with garbage for an outfit.

They are keeping it as original as possible. Cloud didn't have that black outfit when FFVII was made. It would ruin the purpose of a remake.

That’s a very good point. AVALANCHE are terrorists. They call themselves eco-terrorists in the original game, I think. Although they don’t aim to kill people they act as saboteurs to throw a spanner in the works of Shinra, and yes they do kill Shinra employees, etc… And who knows who was actually affected by the explosions that they set off. They are extremists and in the eyes of many citizens in the FFVII world (even the ones who share their environmental sensibilities and hatred of Shinra’s corrupt grip on the planet) AVALANCHE are to be feared and could be considered villains. Of course the better nature of Barrett and his group wins out, but there are profound moral issues to think about here.

This is quite a delicate theme in this day and age. I don't think there will be an uproar because most people already know about the plot of FFVII. However, I have a feeling that they may gloss over some of this, although that would be sad if they did. These themes need to be tackled and addressed rather than avoided.

There's enough of an anti-corporation sentiment in the US nowadays that, considering AVALANCHE is trying to take down the big bad Shinra Corp, Inc. LLC FDIC insured, I doubt there would be much of a hubbub in that sense.

[cynicism] Also they're not Middle Eastern, so whatever. :monster: [/cynicism]

Final Fantasy VII Remake Will Thankfully Include Cloud in a Dress

girl-cloud-550x308.jpg

If you were worrying that the recently announced Final Fantasy VII remake would lose some of its better elements (such as Cloud dressing like a pretty lady) thanks to its darker tone, fear not! Final Fantasy VII character designer Tetsuya Nomura has got your back.

Eurogamer asked Nomura if the Final Fantasy VII remake would feature Cloud in all his dress wearing glory. His answer was to “please look forward to it.” Based on his response, it doesn’t seem like any of the original game’s zanier moments will be scrapped–even though the remake’s trailer looks about as dark and edgy as the Advent Children movie.

FFVII_Cloud_corneomansion-1024x819-550x384.jpg

You can look forward to this scene in the remake.

You may now breathe a sigh of relief–it looks like the Final Fantasy VII we all know and love will be preserved. Feel free to get excited for real.

The Final Fantasy VII remake is coming first to PlayStation 4. Hopefully within our lifetime.

http://www.twinfinite.net/2015/06/17/final-fantasy-vii-remake-cloud-dress

There's enough of an anti-corporation sentiment in the US nowadays that, considering AVALANCHE is trying to take down the big bad Shinra Corp, Inc. LLC FDIC insured, I doubt there would be much of a hubbub in that sense.

[cynicism] Also they're not Middle Eastern, so whatever. :monster: [/cynicism]
I was thinking that the problem would be with all of the innocent people being crushed by the falling plate after they blow up a reactor. If AVALANCHE actually succeeded in what they were trying to accomplish, they would probably have ended up killing everyone in Midgar.

Wasn't it Shinra who blew up the pillar supporting the plate thus crushing the inhabitants of the sector? After the first Reno fight. :lew:

AVALANCHE just blew up reactors.

Wasn't it Shinra who blew up the pillar supporting the plate thus crushing the inhabitants of the sector? After the first Reno fight. :lew:

AVALANCHE just blew up reactors.

I must be remembering it wrong. If that's the case, then I don't see it being that big of a deal. :hmmm:

According to a information read on a website, Square Enix started developing the FFVII Remake back in December 2014. Here is the information that I read recently:

With the Final Fantasy VII Remake on PlayStation 4 making “considerable progress” in its development, Game Director Tetsuya Nomura revealed in a roundtable attended by Eurogamer that the remake actually started development before the FF7 PC port was announced in December 2014:

When we announced the HD port, the PC port on the PS4, we weren’t sure when we wanted to announce the remake. The production was underway then, so there’s no real connection between the timing of the two FF7s coming to PS4. We’ve announced several different titles coming to the PlayStation 4 like World of Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts 3.

So why did they announce the remake this week? Square Enix is hoping it will help boost PS4 sales in Japan, as Nomura explained:

If we announced the remake after all those titles have been sold, it wouldn’t have created such an impact, so that’s why we decided on this timing. We wanted to reassure players that PlayStation 4 is coming out with great titles including Final Fantasy 7. That’s why we decided to announce the remake.

While it seems there will be changes to the core game with the remake, Nomura said, “Please look forward to it” when specifically asked about Cloud wearing a dress in the upcoming version.

[Source: Eurogamer]

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net...ke-development-started-december-2014#/slide/1

Cloud's crossdressing scene = Lightning, with less pink hair, and more blonde.

Hahaha. Think about it. Lightning is dubbed the female cloud.

"Please look forward to it" :lew: If I know Nomura that already has me doubtful that those wacky scenes will be included. That statement is usually what Nomura says whenever he doesn't want to answer a question, if he had no problem including it he would have just said yes. I'm feeling confident that this Honeybee INN scene is going to be changed, trashed, or made extra ridiculous so that people don't actually say Cloud looks like a woman (although, Nomura does seem to nag about Cloud so he probably hates him enough to make it look actually like a woman :okay: ).

But like I said, that reply Nomura gives "Please look forward to it" is usually what he says when he doesn't want to answer a question because it's *not* what people want to hear. Seeing how the entire fandom is wanting to see Cloud in drag just to humiliate his character by saying he convincingly looks like a woman, Nomura has no reason to NOT just come out and say 'yes that scene will be kept'.

So I think his reaction is hinting that it will be altered so Cloud looks especially easy to see he's a man, or they're going to ditch it.

I'll comment on the rest later <_<

Fans reaction video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMZVIqbYq_I

gifs of the best part

NFMpdFk.gif

WHSKImf.gif

I9MiDRY.gif

DJFVI7M.gif

DtnUmFR.gif

T1Yr8JZ.gif

56LZNQi.gif

xHgoSzI.gif

3XlIUPf.gif

XTK1N5M.gif

jxoE61X.gif

my reaction was definitely like the top left guy, top right guy, middle right guy, guy in the pink shirt, and the bottom right guy in glasses. I wish I would have recorded my reaction, there's no women up there. :okay:

blYmZQG.png

Last edited:
Such a shocking announcement! I can finally give my thoughts.

I. Restoration of the Franchise: Final Fantasy has been extremely successful, but the series going downhill is something that fans believe is happening. The wait for FF XV is still not over, but this gives them a reason to support something else. I think what happened at E3 was incredible, and if they were to show XV as well, it just wouldn't have been anything exciting because Tabata did say there was truly nothing new to show. Therefore, by finally announcing this incredibly anticipated remake, Square Enix has brought back the Final Fantasy spirit into fans. They have given them hope for the future even though these fans might not like XV. The VII remake, however, will make fans trust Square Enix to do better in the future. At E3, Square Enix immediately said that the remake announcement is only confirmation of a remake, and nothing else. After E3, we learned that the remake was already in development before December, which leads me to the 2nd part of my post.

II. Development time: I have been reading this thread almost extensively, and I feel that the majority of posters are not taking into account how long this project will actually take to finish. I would wager that this remake is not even 5-10% complete yet and we can figure that out by looking at the trailer. Yes, I truly do understand the excitement, because even I am excited and VII is not even my favourite game in the series. Let us not forget that Square Enix is REMAKING it completely, and it will not just be a bunch of pretty graphics. Nomura does not want a "simple remake". Now, given that fans have lost all their shit by seeing the announcement, this might be either good or bad. A complete remake means that VII will have new content and maybe a slight alteration of the story. Fans have to understand that Square Enix has not chosen a title for it yet, and this is only a preliminary thing. My main worry about the remake is the development time. Square Enix have said in the past that it would take 16 years to make. If XV is any example to go by, we will be waiting a very long time and this remake might go into development hell, causing us to get info once in a blue moon.

As a fan of the FF series, I am happy about the announcement, but I am beginning to understand that I should not get over excited. Over excitement on a title that is YEARS away is a bit too much, and the development time of this remake is going to be slow. I already see fans debating Clerith and Cloti again, which is frankly stupid. If anything, FF VII's remake will bring forth more of that crap, and I am not ready for that headache just yet. I am glad this game is miles off release, because if they do screw it up, millions of angry fans will burn down Square Enix HQ. Actually, the same goes for Final Fantasy XV. However, if there are plans to pick up the remake, it is best to wait. There are still people who hate themselves for picking up a ps3 just for Versus XIII, look how that went :rolleyes:

III) Is it really a remake?

This question is certainly hard to answer because nobody knows the answer to it. I am going to say a bit of yes and no, though. With Final Fantasy XV, we can see that Square Enix is going for a more realistic approach, hence the phrase "this is a fantasy based on reality". This could mean that FF VII's remake will also use the realistic approach. Because Final Fantasy XV is Square Enix's biggest title yet, I can also see an open world aspect to Final Fantasy VII and possibly a change of the battle system. Judging by the trailer, the remake looks dark and gloomy. "It may bring fear or Joy", the narrator says, but at last they are coming back and the promise has been made. Is Square Enix referencing dark themes in the trailer, or are they simply telling fans that FF VII's remake will not be the same game? Time will tell.

IV) The stupid LTD will return.

:ffs:

I also want to say a few words on Tifa's possible redesign......

If Cindy is anything to go by, Tifa will be even more heavily sexualized than Cindy is. Fans overlook Tifa because we have not seen her in Ps4 graphics yet, but I assure you that SE will do everything in their power to make Tifa sexier, which I obviously do not mind. I just don't want her personality to be ruined by having her arse or boobs zoomed in on by the camera *cough Cindy cough* I can see it now........ "We at Square Enix have put all our blood and sweat into redesigning Tifa! But rest assured that we weren't trying to sexually please you"

I like both her designs but I would not mind if they go with her AC design, myself. She looks much more pretty and classy in it, anyway.

cdtl3nbecbni.jpg

IV) The stupid LTD will return.

:ffs:

Just so you're aware, the LTD never, ever left. It's as active as it's ever been.

I'm pretty excited, even if it's a "continuation", but I'd honestly prefer they left the storyline alone, myself. Just update the graphics, music, etc.

Just so you're aware, the LTD never, ever left. It's as active as it's ever been.

I meant that it will return with new things to complain about in the remake :wacky:

I must be remembering it wrong. If that's the case, then I don't see it being that big of a deal. :hmmm:

Yeah the plate wasn’t dropped by AVALANCHE. Shinra dropped the plate in order to wipe out the AVALANCHE HQ and also to kill most known supporters of the terrorist group… Seems like it could be interpreted as the FFVII equivalent of a drone strike! :argor:

But AVALANCHE itself was violent and extreme. Civilian casualties may not have been the aim but they were inevitable. I’m not sure if a figure is ever given, but I’m pretty sure that there are large numbers of civilians reported dead after the Sector 1 explosion. It’s possible that Shinra might have exaggerated the news report, but with the size of the explosion there must have been quite a few unintended deaths.

It’ll be interesting to see how they’ll tackle this sort of thing, though we will be waiting for some years.

I also want to say a few words on Tifa's possible redesign......

If Cindy is anything to go by, Tifa will be even more heavily sexualized than Cindy is. Fans overlook Tifa because we have not seen her in Ps4 graphics yet, but I assure you that SE will do everything in their power to make Tifa sexier, which I obviously do not mind. I just don't want her personality to be ruined by having her arse or boobs zoomed in on by the camera *cough Cindy cough* I can see it now........ "We at Square Enix have put all our blood and sweat into redesigning Tifa! But rest assured that we weren't trying to sexually please you"

I like both her designs but I would not mind if they go with her AC design, myself. She looks much more pretty and classy in it, anyway.

Eek. If they over-sexualise Tifa then that is a step backwards... The original design of Tifa wasn't so bad, in my opinion, although it was easier for people to exploit. I remember getting a gaming magazine once which had an image of Tifa pulling her top up to reveal her breasts (the nipples were censored by lazer beams shot from the eyes of a chibi-Godzilla, I think...). People saw her as a sex symbol if they wanted to see her that way, but the design itself wasn't too bad. Her skirt was short, but no shorter than various other FF females, and she did have big breasts, but then again so does Queen Brahne. Tifa is an attractive barmaid though, and is also the girl Cloud grew up with, and so there was something quite familiar about her which a lot of fans fell in love with, and with that came all of this.

I think she can survive a remake wearing her original clothes. They just need to be more respectful with their camera angles and the way that they use Tifa's personality as they risk disrespecting her genuine fans by exploiting her assets more than her role in the plot.

Couldn't be bothered referencing the person who said it, but..

The feather is NOT red. It's black as the ace of spades... It just has a red hue on it due the red image in the reflection of the water, similar to the red stone next to it and the red on the statue in the reflection, which you see if you wait until the last couple of frames prior to the screen changing.... You could just as easily argue that the cobble stone path is red, black and green and that the statue is red.. which obviously isn't the case, its the lighting.

The feather is Black, and its a nod to not only Sephiroth... but further more... its a reference to the climatic ending of the original game...

"In the GREEN corner, Aerith and her (green) lifestream!! vs Sephiroth and his (Red) Meteor in the RED corner!! ding ding ding!!

By the last scene of the game, Aerith is already dead by this point, which is why the flowers are already spoiled, and the fall of the feather is a nod to Sephiroth's fall. That 3 second scene is just a symbolic mosaic of the ending of the original.

TAH DAH!!! (last time I swear)

Untitled.png

Last edited:
Ok one of 2 things, They'll either cancel the game or it'll just never come out like FF verus, except 15 years later it still won't come unlike verus. OR! They'll completely screw up the game like a bunch of tards. I don't see a good outcome from this, I'd see a better outcome from handing the game over to micheal bay and we all know how he enjoys killing our childhoods, and whats sad is he'd probably destroy our childhoods less than square enix will. FF7 is my favorite game of all times but I won't even think about playing this game more or less buying it till its old and tons of people say it ruined their childhoods(if it even ever happens)

Back