Veteran
Gil
FFXIV
Yuno Mizuno
FFXIV Server
Lich
Free Company
Silver Lining
Square Enix have just confirmed that Final Fantasy VII's PC rerelease is real.

We reported that Square Enix had working versions of the PC ports for FF7 and FF8 on Steam back in June of 2011. Rumours resurfaced last month, a year on, when an official website for the game was accidentally leaked by a Square Enix blunder.

That website is now online.

The game has been improved to actually run on modern hardware - unlike the previous PC port - and will ship with 36 achievements and the ability to share your profile online. This version of the game will also support Cloud Saves, meaning you can save on one PC and pick up elsewhere.

The 'Character Booster' will essentially let you cheat - need an item? A level up? A skill? You can add it to your character easily. This is likely based off the fan-made JENOVA software which let you do just this on the original FF7 PC port. Square Enix were experimenting with several fan-built patches when we reported on the PC versions last year.

It seems Steam has been canned, though - the website specific states the game will be "Available Exclusively on the SQUARE ENIX Store." The announcement trailer below backs that up.

Source: RPG Site

The offical Webite is currently down due to overload I guess... soo once it back up view details here: http://finalfantasyviipc.com/

Mod Edit: I've merged your posts. In the future, if you need to add to a post, there is an edit feature. Thanks. =)

Last edited by a moderator:
soooo after 'FINALLY' getting on a site with details new features include

36 Achievements to Unlock

Cloud Saves

Character Booster - Max Out HP, MP and Gil to aid your journey

Updated to Work on Latest Hardware/Operating Systems

PC Specs: Windows XP, Vista or 7 (32 BIT and 64 BIT) 2GHz Processor or Higher, 1GB RAM, Direct X 9 Compactable Graphics Card

More Details Here: https://store.eu.square-enix.com/emea_en/pc-windows-download/FINAL-FANTASY-VII.php

Dear god, I still can't believe the character boosters were added. It's not like it takes long to level in FF7 or that the majority of the game would give anyone any difficulty whatsoever. Still, this may be a buy for me if my old lappy can handle it (it couldn't even handle super meat boy, so we'll see :) ).

-Microsoft Windows XP/Vista/7 (32/64-bit)
-2GHz Processor or faster
-1GB RAM
-DirectX 9-compatible graphic card

For those of you wondering if your computer can handle it...

It fucking can. Yes, even your old piece of shit Compaq laptop that you bought for $5 on the quick can play it.

And if it can't... you really should start looking for a new computer.

Character booster is for children who decide to buy this because of how famous it is, realize how old/long the game is, they get turned off because "ohgod I need to level up in this game! :'(" Thus, they use the character booster. What an awful feature. It will be a horrible temptation for new players who don't feel like adding the extra effort to level up. ffs.

"Cloud Save" hahahahahahaha.

Other than that obvious pun, there is nothing new added (unless you think getting a fake medal for doing what you would anyway counts).

the only fun thing to do in the pc version is hacking it to get the debug room... I remember doing that back when it first came out... All this stuff they added I could care less about... any price on it?

What the hell guys. You dont need to level up in this game. I played this my first time when I was like 10 years old and I didnt know a thing about english and I went through it without much difficulty boss-wise. Besides it is just a feature no one is forced to use it :D

Well I am baffled.....it had already been on the PC...I knew this was coming but they could of at least done something different with it like visually or gameplay and I am not saying anything towards the 'Press to WIN' button for your characters. The trailer was really good yet it practically showed all the FMV's that were actually in the game haha. Oh well I won't be getting this as I have it on the PSN and as a physical copy of it.

Figures, after trying to get my old copy to work on my computer and failing to do so. I start a Let's Play of the playstation version then they release this on me XD

I still have the original pc copy of it way back when. Why character boosters? The game was WAY easy before. The hard bosses are hard at some points so you could sympathize and see what struggles Cloud had to go through personally. Still I might get this game simply because I already own the Black misprint ps1 FFVII, the normal black print ps1 FFVII, the greatest hits ps1 FFVII, and the old PC FFVII. I must OWN all versions! Bwahahahahaha!

Not too excited...i already have a copy...they just made the game easier...i like difficult games. Makes me play more.

Ill probably pick this up though I hate the whole stupid "lets make it easier for people" addition.

I'm actually wanting a sequel to Dirge more than anything. I hate that they just left the story open with no conclusion whatsoever.

I still have the original pc copy of it way back when. Why character boosters? The game was WAY easy before. The hard bosses are hard at some points so you could sympathize and see what struggles Cloud had to go through personally. Still I might get this game simply because I already own the Black misprint ps1 FFVII, the normal black print ps1 FFVII, the greatest hits ps1 FFVII, and the old PC FFVII. I must OWN all versions! Bwahahahahaha!

:ffs:

I dont understand why 1 copy isnt just enough. Played it once and its enough. PPL like you makes SE do such things lol.
Milking it in every way.

Next thing FF7 on PSP Vita and all mobile phones... sigh.. and you would still buy it.
Good luck to you though, I just dont understand.

It was released ages ago on PC.
Im not sure if I played it through an emulator, but I used mods eventually. Boosters saves you a lot of time. Wasting my time on this game once in my life is fine, but doing it for more than once wether its on different platforms is a bit useless for me.

I can see this work for new players that play on pc exclusively though.

Most likely was an emulator. Besides that, the only games that have been spammed on cellphones was ff1. Which is understandable, not every1 can play every ff during its era however SE wants ppl to play the original to know its still alive.

If it does make it to vita, i would hope a complete remake of course. That would be good though.

A FF7 remake on Vita would have HD graphics that would be awesome, but if that happens they might as well make it for PS3 and port it to the Vita lol.
So if it happens it probably be a port.

Or remastering. I dont know man. SE should have just begun the remake of FF7 the moment they made the FF7 PS3 tech demo! That way FFXIII would have never even existed.

Haha :trollface:

Thats exactly what ive been saying. Motomu Toriyama has had far too many priviliges and SE should realize its his fault SE is where its at atm. Personally ff versus 13 looks like the real ff13 to me. Oh well...PC ff7 isnt so bad if its used to spark more interest for a remake because thats all its going to do.

Nice trailer. Everything looks a bit clearer and sharper too. It still has aged graphics but it looks a bit more clear and updated. Also the sound seems improved too.

The character booster seems like something that would be neat for younger players and FF newbs. They should of added something for the expert players though so they don't feel baby'ed down. Like add in a extra Weapon that is ten times harder, something like that.

With the character booster now added in I bet you that experts will be able to complete this game in a couple of days. lols. :XD:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back