Your Sig Space

Six

𝗦𝗼𝗹𝗶𝘁𝘂𝗱𝗲 *★.• ·
Staff member
Admin Support
Social Media Team
Veteran
Gil
This has been on my mind for a while now, seeing I'm one of those people that like to change their signature to their mood or current song obsession, mostly the last option.

It bugs me to have a sig space; a sig with text underneat/ontop, that doesn't look organized. :lew:

I'm also really paranoid about changing something I've had for ages in my signature, like I had the sig shop link and a link to my DA page. It's just weird to change it.

How about you guys? I know some people stick with their signatures for fucking ever. I couldn't do it. :lew: Do you care if your sig space is organized or not?

I like changing my sig according to my mood. I'm so close to changing it right now XD. I cna't really keep a sig for more than a month without getting bored with it. I like having lyrics with my sig to give it more meaning and linking to the song the lyrics are from. Other than that I'm good. I'm not too strict on my sig when it comes to color. I usually don't care if it's two mix matched sigs because I look at them as separate works and I don't really judge the peices together.

The fact that you stated in your signature about not having a signature.. gives you a signature. :awesome:

But OT.. I keep my sigs organized. Lately, I like things all to the right.. and depending on my mood, or character/tv/movie/whatever obsession.. I'll have a quote or something associated with the sig, and keep it below it... and then if there's a funny quote I've seen or somebody has said to me, I associate it with a different colour and keep it in a space different from the rest of the sig.

I also like small fonts. :hmmm: There could probably be something Freudian about that.

The fact that you stated in your signature about not having a signature.. gives you a signature. :awesome:

But OT.. I keep my sigs organized. Lately, I like things all to the right.. and depending on my mood, or character/tv/movie/whatever obsession.. I'll have a quote or something associated with the sig, and keep it below it... and then if there's a funny quote I've seen or somebody has said to me, I associate it with a different colour and keep it in a space different from the rest of the sig.

I also like small fonts. :hmmm: There could probably be something Freudian about that.

I don't mean that I don't like sig spaces, I meant that I hate sig spaces that aren't organized.

And me too, I'm like that. :monster: Small fonts in signatures look best, imo. :lew:

Ps. Oh. I get it. Nvm. And with a signature in my current signature, I mean a picture. xDDD I even erased my standard "Graphic shop" "Deviant Art"

I feel so naked without it, I had it since the beginning. O.O Fresh start I guess... Watch it come back. xDDD

Me too. Something about the huge bright font is a giant turn off, and an eye sore. It almost makes me move the page so that I don't have to look at it. >.> Accompany it with a giant oversize plain picture and it's so... ugh.

...I dunno. That huge bright font kinda sticks out, but if so, it should be a short line, and just that, not a retarded picture to match. :wacky:

I like original things... A lot.

Well that was a bit of a bad example, the one I had in my mind is bright teal, and I cba to find the hex code for it. xD But have you noticed how those are usually sitting with a giant picture that doesn't match? Or possibly even 3 similar pictures from an anime that don't match, or correlate in size or anything.. they're just.. there.

bam. bam

and bam

Sometimes I end up having a signature stay the same for months at a time because I'm too lazy to change it, and if I don't particularly dislike what I currently got going on, there isn't much initiative :lew:

Sometimes I change up my sig depending on...whatever. Usually I make stuff of what currently has my attention, from song lyrics (I blame Kira for getting me on my road to text-siggys :britt: ) to game stuff and etc.

I used to be a strict 500 x 200 sig size follower, but seeing so many people break that rule (even when it was still enforced; naughty people :wacky: ) I've begun to make stuff that more than 200 pixels high. I still go for 500 pixels length because otherwise it just stretches the page on my screen, which is ick :ness:

I have a strong preference for centre aligned though. I just think it looks nice and uniformed. If you like aligning on one side, than kewl, but it ain't for me >_<

If i really like soemthing ive made itl stay in my sig space for a long time. ie my last biffy clyro sig. If i dont like it, itl be removed fairly soon. ie my last lostprophets tag.

If i request a tag off someone il be sure to use it for at least 2 weeks normally. Its very rude imo to request something off someone and then only use it for a day or 2... Which i have done once and will try not to do again.
AS for neatness i kinda know where your coming from, im not active at all in the LP clan but i really like the wee userbar and i think it makes my sig space look somewhat more complete by having it there so i dont remove it.
Generally i just have the one sig aswell. Mines are usually quite big so any more than 1 and it just looks crowded :gasp:

Last edited:
If I like a certain sig or set, I'll have it till something out-does it. So my sig's lifespan can range from a week to a few months.

For text, I usually don't like lots but, I've gotta have meh links and crap.

If i request a tag off someoneil be sure to use it for at least 2 weeks normally. Its very rude imo to request something off someone and then only use it for a day or 2....(
wacky.gif
) Which i have done once and still feel bad about
sad3.png
I'm the same way, man.

I'm starting to change my set rather regularly now that I've started to get into the swing of actually making something. I know I had Ryan's Hrist set for nearly half a year, and it did feel utterly weird yet a relief to suddenly remove it and replace it with something fresh and different after all that time. I don't think I'll manage to keep one set up for that long again. :lew:

Similarly to quite a few people, I prefer to have some text somewhere in my signature space now. I never really minded having just a tag on there and leaving it at that. But at the moment, if I contemplate removing all the text, I just don't like the final result. It just feels rather empty to me. Unfortunately I just have little idea of what to put in there as text, so I just throw in whatever comes to my mind - mainly lyrics. Additionally, anything in my sig that isn't centre-alligned looks a tad messy to me. xD

I recently took the time to rearrange my sig space. It was really hard to get used to... :wacky: Really hard.

For now, I deleted my >> Graphic Shop | deviantArt << text that I usually had, and went with a clickable graphic button to my Graphic Gallery. The button was made with Mitsuki's help, because I couldn't get the glossy glow right. (Thanks for that, Mits!)

I changed my usual Verdana sig text to Microsoft Sans Serif, 'cause I thought it looked cute and round. :wacky: The usual lyrics are still there UNDER my signature. And I added a lyric line at the top of my signature, just 'cause it's from my favourite song ever.

Aside from that I still have the music not, which I've had since the beginning, and all my stuff is still centered, 'cause I just think it looks way better that way. :lew:

I love arranging it. It looks preeeeeeetty.

Oh yeah, and a baby pumpkin for the Halloween feel! <3 It's so fucking adorable. I just might adopt it.

I'm not a big fan of sigs that end up taking half a page of space because of having both graphics and text. But then again, just plain sig graphics make your sig space look rather small, which also looks a bit weird. I guess there's a bit of a balance... one which I'm not making use of much.

Usually my sig space is designated to my most satisfying piece of work that I have up to date. I've left the text there for some time now mostly because I haven't been able to come up with anything good, and I'm barely about change. Maybe I'll change the text if I ever come up with something, but I haven't changed mine in a while mostly because I haven't created anything I deem worthy.

Sometimes I'm in the mood to have it organized. Sometimes I don't. It depends on my mood, really, or if I can just be arsed to do something about it. I change my sig relatively often, although the same can't be said for the avatar.

I'm usually very tidy with my sig space.

I usually only have a signature in the middle with maybe some small text if I'm crediting someone, or some lyrics or a quote that go with the set.

Or it's just the signature all on it's own.

It always has to be in the middle too. >.<

I don't like a million smilies or fat ugly font that sticks out and nearly gives you a black eye.

Simple and clean is the way I like it.

At the moment I only have a couple of lines of text and they seem messy to me.

I want to delete the whole lot. I was tired when I changed my signature and didn't really pay attention to what I was doing.

I just stumbled across this thread... I'm still a massive fan of neatly organised signature spaces... I really have to make myself a new set and work out some links to neatly tuck into the sig space again.

I'm still very much the same as back then, I still like everything centered... :lew:

What about you guys?

I used to rotate my signature set like crazy until I fell in love with a particular set - then it would be like that for a really long time until I was ready for something new.

I haven't sat down to make a legitimate set yet, but I made a quick filler. I don't normally have text in my signature space other than my username on the signature itself, but if/when I do it usually is at the bottom - everything center!

Everyone is so talented here though! I'm almost embarrassed to make anything! 😅

@DaggerTribal You current signature is super cute!!! I love moogles a whole whole lot! Best mascot by far!!! The font you used works so well with the pom pom ♥

Most of the sets I use are of musicians and/or their songs so I occasionally rotate my signature set, it definitely depends on my mood though. I haven't seen many examples where right or left aligning looks aesthetically pleasing so I'm definitely on the whole 'centre aligned' bandwagon. I always set room aside for a quote and links, not only does this give the signature space some bit of purpose but it also helps anchor the image I think.

I don't have a signature - been like this for a few years now, but I used to have the geisha set for awhile. I don't really have a reason for not having a signature now, come to think of it. I just can't be bothered making a new set, I guess. Maybe I should look into it sometime.

I do prefer them centered too though.

A question for you folks. Is it easy to overlook people's post when there's no signature? Something I wondered recently.

Last edited:
Back