Who Was Stronger: Seifer or Squall?

I'd say Seifer was the stronger. After all,
he sliced Odin up without even moving. That was the most awesome thing ever. Also, he did technically beat Squall in their duel at the beginning - he was just stupid enough to let his guard down after he'd delivered the "final blow", such as it was.

Seifer is reckless and incapable of following orders, but, on the flipside, he's capable of thinking for himself, something Squall doesn't seem to be capable of doing a lot of the time. In terms of personality, I'd say Seifer was the stronger, but it depends on what you classify as strength - a complete lack of emotion, or that inner fire that is barely kept in check. They're complete opposites, and both have their own strengths - Seifer's are just more noticeable, and I would say they are a lot stronger.

Your font is hard to read lol.

Good question. I believe Squall as he seems to be more mental stable then Seifer and was chosen to become a SeeD, Seifer never was. It shows Squall can handle himself in battle and make decisions. Whereas Seifer lacks this. Also Squall seems stronger with his gunblade and more professional in his duties. Plus remember at the end of disk 1???? So overall, Squall gets my vote. Plus I love him to bits XD

i say squall is a stronger with seifer

because his have lion herat

squall IS the best

Mod Edit: Can you please try and put a bit more effort into your post? Thanks. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Which one do you guys think is stronger?

I personally think that Squall is stronger than Seifer because he is more skilled, and more intelligent than Seifer. Seifer is more of like a aggressive and malicious type of fighter who has no mercy on his enemies.

Well it is a really interesting question. I mean both are I would say equally strong physically, but mentally and emotionally it's a different story. I would say that Squall is more stronger in both of those, Seifer acts like an immature child and when is scolded by his peers he acts like a scolded child. He acts out like he has parent issues(who doesn't in FF8), and Fujinn and Rajinn don't help when they encourage it.

So I would say the Squall would be the strongest of the two, while Squall does kinda act like a little sappy in the beginning of the game he grows out of it when he gets thrown into responsibility.

Squall has Lionheart and Seifer killed Odin. Squall maxes out at 9,999 hp, Seifer breaks that barrier x). I don't think it's very fair since you can level up Squall. I always liked Seifers character though. he was one of them borderline characters between good and evil. Congratulations you just inspired me to get my FFVIII discs and play this game over again ;)

oh, my answer is Squall. If playable for more than a few battles, and a bigger story line. I'd say Seifer would have probably been able to edge him out battle wise.

I'd say Seifer was the stronger. After all,
he sliced Odin up without even moving. That was the most awesome thing ever. Also, he did technically beat Squall in their duel at the beginning - he was just stupid enough to let his guard down after he'd delivered the "final blow", such as it was.

Seifer is reckless and incapable of following orders, but, on the flipside, he's capable of thinking for himself, something Squall doesn't seem to be capable of doing a lot of the time. In terms of personality, I'd say Seifer was the stronger, but it depends on what you classify as strength - a complete lack of emotion, or that inner fire that is barely kept in check. They're complete opposites, and both have their own strengths - Seifer's are just more noticeable, and I would say they are a lot stronger.

Agreed, How Squall managed to beat Seifer is beyond me...I mean he was tough as hell in the first place and then you have to beat him or the story can't go on >.> So you have to train like mad to defeat seifer in the first place....

Squall always had friends to help him fight doesn't really qualify as him being stronger than Seifer.

I'd pick Squall in a heartbeat.

He follows commands a lot better than Seifer, who directly disobeyed orders on the SeeD exam, and that's why Squall became a SeeD and not Seifer. Seifer seems too reckless for me and doesn't think about what he's doing half the time.

I'd pick Squall in a heartbeat.

He follows commands a lot better than Seifer, who directly disobeyed orders on the SeeD exam, and that's why Squall became a SeeD and not Seifer. Seifer seems too reckless for me and doesn't think about what he's doing half the time.

Cid had said something like " I don't want you to become unthinking machines just doing as your told without thinking about it"

not the exact quote, but following orders has nothing to do in actual combat. Plotwise, I'd say Seifer is very strong. like I said in my previous post. He'd killed Odin in a single swipe. and he breaks the 9,999 HP barrier. Dunno w hat he was doing behind the curtains when the spotlight was on him, but it was working. Besides. most of the time Squall had his team with him, which shouldn't count either. If I could level up seifer just as I did Squall, I think Seifer is the better fighter. but I can't, so I guess this goes to Squall by default.

Man, I hope they remake this game. or give it a sequel ;)

Seifer, in confidence and strength. Though since the bad guys always lack in real battle tactics, usually due to always fighting alone, strong or not he was destined to be defeated. If your asking strong minded, no, he was a puppet most of the game, so who really knows if his strength was his own (aside from before being the sorceresses dog)? Unless he wasnt a puppet, then he was just a moron.

The name of the game is to have resources, so when youve reached your limit, you can depend on something or someone else. Thats why bad guys never win, they have limited and unreliable resources. And the usual battle is them fighting many alone due to their egocentric cocky nature. Bad guys are too used to fighting the weak and manipulating the fearful, they loose touch with what its like to deal with an actual threatening opponent, let alone multiple ones. That and the story line would just crumble if the bad guys threw everything they had at you..cause youd die.

In terms of brute strength, I'd say Seifer most definatley, afterall he did kill Odin in a very convincing display of power. But in terms of strength of heart and strength of leadership, that clearly belongs to Squall as he is much better at following orders than Seifer, a lot better leader, and he also has a lot more courage.

Equal.

Sorry to be a buzzkill here. :wacky:

But they're equal in terms of strength. I think Square made it that way for a reason. Sure, Seifer sliced up Odin and was Ultimecia's Knight, but Squall defeated Ultimecia. They were evenly matched from the very beginning in the opening cutscene, and the fact that Squall doesn't kill of Seifer at the end when he has the chance to upon defeating him for the final time, reflects they're still even at the end imo.

They're rivals and friends. These match-ups are nearly always even from the start to the end. They may best each other from time to time but there's no real way of telling who is the strongest of the pair until they face off to the death and one kills the other. :mokken:

But even then, it could be a fluke. :monster:

so, equal in my opinion. :)

The developers certainly meant for the line to be blurred here. The very opening scenes in which these two exchange gashes was symbolic for the idea that these rivals were matched in battle.

But if I were to make an actual pick, I'd have to go with Seifer in terms of brute strength, citing the raw defeat of Odin as support. On the other hand, I would say Squall in terms of his intellect or strat, based on the leadership he demonstrates and the manner in which he went about the SeeD exam in comparison to Seifer.

Statistically Seifer is faster than Sqaull but otherwise they are equal differing by only apint here and there when seifer is at level 100 when hes is in your party for that short time in Dollet, but as a boss Seifer is limited to level 45 and does not get the chance tobe a level 100 boss and as for Sqaull having 2 extra people with him u really dont have much choice but siefer does not have the skill to beat Sqaull when he is equiped adequetly

i think saifer stronger than squall ...i like saifer than squall too

Mod Edit: Can you please put a bit more effort into your post? Thanks. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
What kind of strength are we talking about here Mental, Physical strength of conviction and moral fortitude, of character coz' on all respects Sqaull is stronger than Seifer down the line
What kind of man sells out his beliefs for a dream, Squall might at times be douchebag, but when it comes down to it Sqaull does the right thing in fighting evil

Squall was stronger for several reasons. Foremost is his weapon choice. Before anyone starts tellign me that they are both gunblade, yes they are. But they have key major differences. Hyperion was made to be used with a single hand and is thus much lighter than Squall's. This means that Squall had to have more strength to even wield his. Additinally if you compare their normal attacks then you see Seifer is spinning around to perform his; that is why he does more damage. Looking even more you can see that Seifer's best attacks require other forces. Ex. Demon Slice: He spins around fast enough to create a bloody whirlwind. That my friends is centrifugal force adding to the damage. Then theres the part where he slams them to the ground. That hurts a hell of a lot more when you have a metal floor under you. So the only reson Demon slice is as powerful as it is is because Seifer is adding to his normal attack.

Then there is the fact that Seifer has a superiority complex. He feels he doesn't need help for what he wants unlike squall who realizes this, showingit in the second fight with Seifer.Seifer is also a rash man, not inclined to stretegy whereas squall is, making Squall superior. Squall also has the intelligence that Seifer does not.

And want to know why Odin dies against Seifer? It becasue he forgot he can't go up against bosses. They cut him down.

Squall was stronger for several reasons. Foremost is his weapon choice. Before anyone starts tellign me that they are both gunblade, yes they are. But they have key major differences. Hyperion was made to be used with a single hand and is thus much lighter than Squall's. This means that Squall had to have more strength to even wield his. Additinally if you compare their normal attacks then you see Seifer is spinning around to perform his; that is why he does more damage. Looking even more you can see that Seifer's best attacks require other forces. Ex. Demon Slice: He spins around fast enough to create a bloody whirlwind. That my friends is centrifugal force adding to the damage. Then theres the part where he slams them to the ground. That hurts a hell of a lot more when you have a metal floor under you. So the only reson Demon slice is as powerful as it is is because Seifer is adding to his normal attack.

Then there is the fact that Seifer has a superiority complex. He feels he doesn't need help for what he wants unlike squall who realizes this, showingit in the second fight with Seifer.Seifer is also a rash man, not inclined to stretegy whereas squall is, making Squall superior. Squall also has the intelligence that Seifer does not.

And want to know why Odin dies against Seifer? It becasue he forgot he can't go up against bosses. They cut him down.

Excellent Dissection there Gavin.
The only problem l have with it though is that it looks at Seifers abilities from the perspective of a Boss if when he was in your party in dollet and he gained these abilties as he leveled up.

lf you could then gauge just how equal they were the feeling is that with Sqaull single target limit breaks and Gunblade abilities he was more effective against single enemies like Ultima Weapon, Bahamut and Omega Weapon.

Where as Seifer was more effective against Groups of enemies, if only you could remove the damage limit then you could see just how effective Seifer really was. Seifer really only has more HP and speed than Sqaull.

Either way they could'nt beat my little friend:starwars:

Back