What game did you buy last?

I just came back from the game store. I traded in Dead Island, Call of Duty World at War, and BF3 for....Skyrim and MW3 :woot:

I'll probably turn on MW3 and get my multiplayer set up after I eat something for lunch. I feel so much better now...I was really upset I got BF3 because I really hated it. The game was really hard for me because I was so used to Black Ops. I'm so excited :grin:

I bought Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary yesterday. After popping in the disc, it was really nice to see Halo I again remade. I think the game looks really smooth. I only have done the first two levels, but god, it brings some nostalgia. I love that with the click of a button you can go back to the original game Bungie made 10 years ago, at any time! It is honestly pretty beautiful. The game seems a little harder from what it was 10 years ago, and uhh I can not wait to play on Legendary. Also, the new maps are fantastic.. The ones that use Reach Multiplayer, are all classic halo maps remade.

The last games I bought were Uncharted 1 and 2. They came in a bundle pack for $60 so I thought why not and I grabbed them up. I was lucky because it was the last copy in the store and the man had to search through tonnes of boxes for me.

I will obviously start playing from 1.

It came with some special DLC stuff for Uncharted 3 which I do not have yet so It is of no use to me :hmmm:

Last edited:
Super Mario Land 3D.
I decided to try this out and so far I am not regretting it. It's entertaining and the power ups--while there are some new--are all nostalgic. The controls are great and it feels like playing Super Mario 64.
Good game, good game. Oh and it's for the 3DS.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

After somewhat enjoying the first one, I decided I'd go ahead and finish the series (eventually). Gamestop happened to have this on sale last night early for their Black "Friday" sale (turning into Black Wednesday and Thursday :wacky:) for 15 dollars instead of 30 for the GOTY version. I went ahead and grabbed it, and should have it by Monday sometime. Hoping I can get to bestbuy tonight to get Arkham City and Assassin's Creed Revelations for a total of 65 dollars, but my hopes aren't too high. Just found out they're having a minimum of 6, while I read it as maximum. Hopes have been raised. Just have to get there before two many people get in line.

Assassin's Creed: Revelations

BestBuy happened to restock JUST this game online, which was nice. I no longer have to go to BestBuy to grab a cheap copy. Won't be here till next week, but oh well. I've still got Skyrim to play. Going to Walmart instead to get Arkham City later.

Last edited:
most recent game i purchased was Call of Duty: Modern warfare 3, good game so far, completed the storyline, so glad to finally see the end of the Modern warfare storyline, that is if it is the end, seemed fairly end like, anyway.

the Multi-player is another epic one, call of duty hasn't let us down on this one, love the new weapon proficiency, prefer unlocking my attachments rather than buying them like you had to in Black ops, the graphics are alot smoother and the guns look alot better than they did,

I just bought Sonic Generations :hmmm: I played the demo and it was very fun, and then lots of people raved about it so I was passively peer pressured into buying it. I will pop it into the PS3 when I get home tonight and give it a good crack-a-lakin

Like I'd planned, I got Batman Arkham City from Walmart for 28 dollars instead of 60 as a part of their Black Friday sale. Was much easier than I expected; Walmart was very organized this year, as opposed to previous years. Got there 30 minutes before the sales started to register, and got out right at 10. :grin: The game is tons of fun to roam around compared to Arkham Asylum where it got a bit boring :grin:

The Sims 3: Pets

I traded in a few games today to buy this and wound up getting a very good deal. I got extra credit for the games I traded in (since I traded in 3), the game was $20 off (making it $30) because of Black Friday yesterday and better yet - I somehow got an unopened limited edition which gives me the preorder bonus breeds for my pets. Swish. I'm happy I went in today as it was the last day for the $20 off. It was also the last copy of the game they had. I'm ecstatic for Kira to get home so I can play.

Kira had already purchased this game before me and had recreated our characters from The Sims 3. I've already fine tuned my character and am now waiting for Kira to get home and upload the dog she made yesterday so we can have the same pup.

I'm very happy with the new additions that seem to have been made so far. Everything has an odd glow to it and while a bit annoying, it does look rather nice. I can't wait to check out some of the dog breeds. :inlove:

The last game I bought was Skyrim, which was like a week ago. Amazing game is amazing. When I started it, I knew I would like it. I am going to continue playing and doing everything else after the story quests. I took a High elf, because they are the best.

I bought Skyward Sword today. I traded in Skyrim just before the apparent price drop next week, so managed to get £33 for that, along with the Kingdom Hearts D.S. game, for which I received £6! I paid £1 for Skyrim Sword! :D Then I realised I HAD to get the Motion Plus, which costs £15 on its own pre-owned. Bloody rip off. :hmph:

Anywho, I am very much looking forward to playing it! :D I felt a bit Zelda'd out the other week, but watching some videos changed that. After all, it is the game I bought my Wii for several years ago. :lew:

The last game I purchased was Dark Souls. I was a big fan of Demon's Souls, so i was pumped for Dark Souls. So far, it's been a mixed bag. The game itself is awesome, especially with the addition of Covenants. It's every bit as difficult, if not even moreso than its predecessor. However, the online features of PvP and Co-op are completely broken. It's P2P server instead of dedicated servers, making planned coop with friends just about impossible. Also, PvP is broken as well. All one has to do is trick the camera into thinking the that you are behind the opponent and you can perform a backstab while standing right in front of the target. Not to mention that while there is a 10% level gap for Coop, there is no level gap for PvP, meaning a lv 130 can whack off a lv 10 player. I recommend this game for offline play until these problems are fixed.

catherine.jpg

Catherine was a refreshing change of pace for me, personally. The game is fun, despite it's artwork that obviously would suggest it is a JRPG, and not an arcade style puzzle game with a story.

The game really can remind you how entertaining it can be to actually use your brain to solve a problem instead of just beating the living piss out of it.

While I prefer the latter, the former is still quite fun.

I've already beaten the game twice in 2 days, and have stuck to the easy difficulty so that I could get used to the game before taking on normal, because despite the fact that you would think "normal" difficulty would be standard, blow through the story with some intense situations that are still challenging, but not a complete hinderance to your experience... ATLUS is pretty infamous for creating a wide variety of games that are quite difficult.

While information about this game was still being released, Ryan Clements patronized us American gamers, saying that Easy Mode was necessary for us, because we could not play video games.

I took that very personally, as I thought he kinda looked like some eurotrash muthafucka named stefan in the particular video he made that statement in. Plus, in the WoW community there is some tension between US and EU players, as EU players generally make World First final Raid Boss kills, which, to some people, apparently makes us "stupid americans" to some people.

But that's beside the point; I promised myself I would eventually check this game out, and prove him wrong, just for my own personal satisfaction.

I am playing the game on normal mode now and collecting golden trophies, and I am enjoying the game quite a bit.

I am an American, and I am a dedicated gamer that plays games well. So Ryan Clements can suck on that.

As far as my experience outside of the gameplay goes, I found some of the questions fun to answer. And believe me, some of them are a little akward. Sometimes it's even funnier to see the answers of other players the first time they answered a particular question.

I feel like the Freedom and Order Gauge could have been handled better, it's one of my big upsets with the game. The game really twists your arm to get out of character so that you can be on the side of the gauge that you want to be.

sometimes I'd be telling Catherine to fuck off and leave me alone, because Katherine is a classy lady and I wanted to see Vincent's happy ending with her first, but many of my question's answers were relative to freedom, which would frequently reset the gauge and earned me a completely craptacular ending the first time that I beat the game.

I was a little upset that I had to replay the game to get the ending that I'd actually wanted, and did enjoy it more the second time around... But I just wish that there would have been more actual control of this feature, instead of "OH, well you wanna be a magnificent stallion? go fuck yourself and get a shitty ending, jackoff"

Like I mean, how the hell am I NOT supposed to answer "No use denying it" to "Are you a pervert?". Just because I'm a pervert doesn't mean that I don't desire to be married and have children someday. And honestly, by Vincent's age, I'd have expected to tie the knot by then. Maybe a decade more at the most, but somewhere around that area...

The jukebox... It features some very nice tunes that you can listen to while chatting with patrons of Stray Sheep, if you have the aptitude to unlock them by completing stages, or acquiring silver/gold trophies. Shoji Meguro personally makes my brain orgasm with his compositions and I really enjoyed a few of the songs added from the SMT games, so I think that it was a cool addition to the game.

However, I wish that it would have let you set a default BGM for the Stray Sheep, or maybe pick whatever tune you wanted to listen to while climbing. As an Xbox player, the built in music player is an easy fix for this... But I'm just glad I'm not a PS3 user.

It was good, but it could have been a little bit better.

All in all - like I said, it was a nice change of pace, and I really enjoyed the game. I definitely would not have bought it for 60 USD the day it came out, but with all the discounts available with game stores like GameFly and GameStop, 20 bucks is a very, very fair price for this game.

Personal Rating: 8/10

RecordofAgarestWarZeroNonJPVersion.png

Record of Agarest War Zero

I loved the original game, and this one takes what made the original great and improved on it. Granted, it's only two generations instead of RoAW's 5 generations, but there are several things that make this game more enjoyable than the first.

The first thing is being able to customize your first character. You can choose, through a series of cards, between Warrior, Battle Mage and Sorcerer. Then you can further choose the stats and weapon of your character as well as stat progression by choosing 5 cards out of 25 (Though the cards are pretty unclear as they have no real description, still looking for a site that describes what each card does), and then you can choose four cards that determine your skill set.

The Soul System is still in place, as your child's stats are dependent on who you marry and how strong your relationship is with your marriage choice.

Gone is the Turn Count, meaning you're no longer playing against the proverbial clock in order to accomplish things, allowing you to level grind with impunity. Also, if you have a game complete save file of Agarest 1 (Which unfortunately mine is on the XBox while my RoAW2 is PS3), you can use Alchemy to bring your characters over from the first game into this one.

Also there are Vacation Days in this game, meaning you can increase your affection levels and get sweet items by spending time with each female (or with some of the guys for items and such) without having to worry about lowering the other female's affection.

This game also explains many things that happened before Agarest 1: Calinou, Vashtor, the artifacts and Summerill are all fleshed out for you to discover.

The character anime are actually animated a bit, which gives it a nice touch.

Overall, for those who love strategy games and love the added flavor of romance and hilarity, then this is definitely a very good choice.

Resonance of Fate.

I spotted this in Game yesterday for £14.99 and it looked fairly interesting. I've since read up on it and I'm not 100% sure about the challenging battle system, but I'm still curious enough to give it a go. Furthermore, I haven't played many truly challenging games and I wouldn't mind a change! :)

Even though many people have said there's a lack of a story, I quite like the idea of unwravelling a mystery through flashbacks and the characters sound pretty well-devised, which is always useful and interesting for a writer!

I have so many games to play now! :gasp:

I bought Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 and assassin's creed revelations.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 - Not much to say here, an updated version of MvC3 and with an all new favourite I love to use: Nemesis. The game feels slower to me for some reason in terms of execution and I actually have to time some moves which were easily done in a fast paced style back at the first version. I also noted other patches done to various characters and Phoenix's weaker health bar (you can literally punch her three or four times as Nemesis and have her knocked out. Definitely not one for the rookies to use). The one who I found amusing to play with as well were Frank West and Phoenix Wright, Mr. Wright's moves are to be used with extra caution and never for rushdown or otg attacks either. all in all, a good beat em up and superior to the last version. I dont know with the others, but this game didn't disappoint. Let's hope this is the last updated version and best they stick to DLCs from here on out!

Assassin's creed Revelations - I will have to get back on this one as I am still finishing Brotherhood.

Last games I bought were -

DiRT 3 - I didn't actually buy it, my brother did, and I just kinda took it from him. At first, I thought this would be a fun break from other games I'm playing, but I got bored the first 30 minutes. Then again, I was just tired that time. But I'll definitely play it again sometime.

HUNTED: THE DEMON'S FORGE - I don't see why this game got a VERY VERY LOW score. I actually find it fun and it's a good break from the arcade shooters I play so often. I find the dialogue humorous and it doesn't take itself too serious, while the action is also fast paced. Once again, I find myself loving a seriously underrated game. +1 Win for me.

Back