TGS 2019 - Final Fantasy VII Trailer Shows off Turks, Don Corneo, Summons

Screen Shot 2019-09-11 at 15.06.14.png

With six months to go until (this first volume?) of the Final Fantasy VII Remake hits physical and digital store shelves for the PlayStation 4, Square Enix opens this year's Tokyo Games Show with a new trailer for their coveted next big release.

In this trailer, we are introduced to the Turks, namely Reno, Rude and Tseng. We also catch brand new story segments not previously seen in the original Final Fantasy VII, along with this high-definition rendition of Don Corneo, as well as classic Summons Ifrit and Shiva.

Final Fantasy VII Remake launches on the 3rd of March 2019 for PlayStation 4.

Linnaete

Linnaete

Be still my Cloti heart. Oh my god. That was amazing. I'm so stoked for this remake... What happened to not getting my hopes up? Tifa is gorgeous, her outfit has definitely grown on me, and they definitely keep them all in check.

Aerith still annoying? Check.
Cloud still the way he always was? Check.
Tifa still a babe? Check.

HELLO, Reno. How are you doing? 😏

I loved the scene in the sewers as well. When speaking to both Aerith and Tifa in the sewers Tifa is worried about where they are in the original, and Aerith comes in with her typical "the worst is over", ahhh. Nostalgia. ALTHOUGH, it seems they're in the Train Graveyard here already... Interestingggggggg.

I'm so there for it.

#teamcloti #cloticonfirmedasalways lmao

Last edited:
Wow, I'm actually impressed. This looks promising.

Aerith's voice sounds like it's going to be annoying. Don Corneo looks creepy AF.

I had a good chuckle watching Cloud turn into a frog with his tiny little sword! So cute! XD

I was really excited seeing this trailer! Lots of little things mixed in there that makes me happy! I'm more of a Tifa lover but Aerith looked very pretty in her dress!

Don Corneo looks creepy AF.

Don looking sexy af, what you talking 'bout?

giphy.gif

Okay so the Dementors attack Seventh Heaven... I like how Seventh Heaven still looks a bit like a Western saloon, but more appropriately themed for slumming it down below the plate. No longer does it mention Texas, as far as I can see, so it looks like it belongs in the FFVII universe more. Is it not just a bit too light there though? Shouldn’t life be a bit darker below the plate? Maybe there’s lots of powerful artificial lights on down there at all times. I'm not sure. It is still dark, but more like 9 pm in the summer sort of dark. I always imagined the vast majority of Midgar below the plate as being fairly dark at all times.

What’s the parachuting all about?! Hmmmm. Are they condensing the entire plot into Midgar? Is this replacing the infamous scene in the original game when the party jump into Midgar, or is it just foreshadowing it as a smaller-scale version of this moment? I'm nervous about them not calling this 'Part One' right now that they're actually only telling the Midgar story but are also merging it with later parts. I think, however, it is more likely that this is a new moment and one which merely alludes to the other scene. Similar to the new bike scene with Jessie. It's pre-platefall anyway as Jessie, Biggs and Wedge are there.

The new Soldier character was unexpected. He looks a lot like Gladio. I’m not sure if he’s going to be important or just a representation of Soldier, but it is good to see Square Enix make more use of the order in this game. Perhaps he can serve to sow some seeds of doubt about Cloud’s identity if this character doesn’t recognise Cloud as a Soldier.

Don Corneo is amazing! Spot on both for appearance and personality!
The Wall Market scenes (including improved work-out mini-games) look as if they’ll be a lot of fun. I do wonder why they are firing fireworks under the plate though… How does that work? Do they ever get high enough to damage the plate?

Frog-Cloud is hilarious! I wonder if Red XIII will be turned into a frog with a fiery ass?
About that… My only disappointment is that we still haven’t seen Red XIII.

President Shinra claiming that AVALANCHE are in cahoots with Wutai is actually very interesting and rather clever. One way to turn the public against the organisation is to claim that they are allied to Midgar’s enemies (remember Midgar had been at war with Wutai).

Finally… The plate drop is going to break our hearts! We all know it. :sad2:

Frog-Cloud is hilarious! I wonder if Red XIII will be turned into a frog with a fiery ass?

Honestly this should be the most important question in this thread.

Oh, and the myserious SOLDIER character...

But seriously! He looked like he also had little tiny Cloud hair! (But when the frog turned around he didn't, so I don't know!) Either way, I demand more frog exposure!

• Haha
Reactions: Six
Honestly, what's up with Square and bullet-sponge enemies in their last few games? It takes Eurogamer ages to kill the scorpion guard, whereas in the original you could end the fight in a handful of rounds. I admit, I'm liking the enemy redesigns (or rather, lack thereof) more than I expected to, but do we really have to repeat one of the worst aspects of Final Fantasy XV?

Another gripe I have is with the redesign of the mako reactor. The original was so intricate. I remember in the demo clenching my teeth through all the random encounters I met with while trying to find any hidden goodies in the maze of pipes in the room after the elevator. All that seems to be gone in favor of one great big square pit with stair-step catwalks leading down in concentric squares. *Yawn.* It doesn't even make logical sense; why wouldn't you just design one ladder going all the way straight down? These things would've been designed to be practical, not for defense. Yeah, the original was a little all over place with your path down to the bottom, but it was leading you to assume that AVALANCHE was taking unorthodox routes through the guts of the thing to get where they needed, not necessary pathways that were purposely designed for mako engineers to access. Why else was there that elevator-looking door at the bottom that the game never allowed you to use?

I hate to always be one to gripe, but I'm just tired of Square putting spectacle over substance.

Not gonna lie, I totally missed the whole frog transformation. I'll have to re-watch this trailer again.

Aerith looked really pretty in that red dress too, but I can't wait to see Cloud's dress as well. So excited for this game!

Last edited:
Interesting footage of the Communications tower...
Do you think that shot of Biggs, Jessie & Wedge on the Parachutes is from that moment... will they actually survive this time?

It seems like they're implementing a lot of new scenarios into this Remake, the only thing that is concerning me is the Harry Potter Dementor things... not quite sure I'm on board with that and can't quite see the logic of it either. I'm assuming it has something to do with Sephiroth/Jenova's Cells but still...

I dig the hologram version of President Shinra & Heidegger(?), There's no way he'd stroll around the reactors like he does in the original game so it's a clever improvement in my eye. I also like to see that we're getting new characters! Hoping that Solider shown in the trailer is a menace through out the game similar to Seifer in VIII! It's also interesting that we have a singular fight with Rude, that was unexpected. I totally dig the combat scene in the Church with Reno! A great opportunity realised there! - Let's just hope they don't step on the flowers!!! (Bonus points if they actually include some sort of trap/penalty for doing so :P)

Last edited:
This trailer was amazing! I'm so excited for it! LOL - frog Cloud with his little Buster Sword! :XD:

I wasn't expecting to see Reno so that was a pleasant surprise. I'm used to the voices from Advent Children and some of them are a little different so I might need to get used to them. But the graphics look so good! Shiva is my favourite summon so was nice to see that too!

Dionysus said:
The new Soldier character was unexpected. He looks a lot like Gladio. I’m not sure if he’s going to be important or just a representation of Soldier, but it is good to see Square Enix make more use of the order in this game. Perhaps he can serve to sow some seeds of doubt about Cloud’s identity if this character doesn’t recognise Cloud as a Soldier.

Yeah, I was surprised by this too. I wasn't expecting a new character. Not sure where he will fit in if he does turn out to be important. Perhaps he will prompt Cloud to think about his identity as you say.

Not gonna lie, I totally missed the whole frog transformation. I'll have to re-watch this trailer again.

Aerith looked really pretty in that red dress too, but I can't wait to see Cloud's dress as well. So excited for this game!
I missed that too.

Be still my Cloti heart. Oh my god. That was amazing. I'm so stoked for this remake... What happened to not getting my hopes up? Tifa is gorgeous, her outfit has definitely grown on me, and they definitely keep them all in check.

Aerith still annoying? Check.
Cloud still the way he always was? Check.
Tifa still a babe? Check.

HELLO, Reno. How are you doing? 😏

I loved the scene in the sewers as well. When speaking to both Aerith and Tifa in the sewers Tifa is worried about where they are in the original, and Aerith comes in with her typical "the worst is over", ahhh. Nostalgia. ALTHOUGH, it seems they're in the Train Graveyard here already... Interestingggggggg.

I'm so there for it.

#teamcloti #cloticonfirmedasalways lmao
omg woman, cloud made heart eyes at aerith! deal. with. it!!

lol no in all seriousness. this trailer got me so hyped i can't wait to play the game. i was nervous about it before, but now im convinced.

Back