SOTW 152 Voting Thread

SOTW 152 Voting

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Daenerys

The Last Dragon
Veteran
Gil
The theme this week is Japan. Please remember, that while posting isn't necessary in order to count your vote, it is encouraged.

Also, please remember that you CANNOT vote for your own entry, and you will be disqualified from this SOTW, and the next two SOTWs if you do so.

Here are the entries I received :

1)

2iuys0i.jpg

2)

gangurohorizontal.png

3)

IT.png

Love the sharpness, looks like Topaz was used? It does give it that feel, and I think it looks really nice. Sharpness and the outstanding colours did it for me. The bright white background really made the whole sig pop. =) I love it.

Text looks gorgeous too.

soft and appealing. Nice lighting and text.
I liked 1 aswell but it looks really flat, i think a signature with depth always far better =\

I actually thought #2 was pretty neat.

I liked the little keychain thing :x3: its really cute.

I like the style of it. I dunno, it appeals to me a lot xD. The colors are very pretty too.

Good luck everyone! =)

I voted for #1. #3 was a close second.

Loved the detail in there and like the fact samurai warriors were used.

Let it be known that this was far from being an easy decision for me.

I had to go with #1. It's a great picture, very dynamic and lots of action. It shows a mastery of visual technique with all the effects and coloration put in and simply struck me as being worthy of award.

#2 is very, very, good as well. I also love the key chain idea, and it was executed beautifully. I think it may have looked better turned on its narrower side, though, but it's really the border that I think detracted from the overall piece. It infringes just a bit too much on the sig itself, making the sig seem smaller than it really is. But that aside, it's still an excellent sig.

#3 was also very nice, but it looks washed out. I had to tilt my laptop drastically to see all the pastel colors, and a sig that has contrast so difficult to see is one that won't be fully appreciated -- because how many people go online with the screen tilted at an unnatural angle? Which is a downright shame, because it's a gorgeous piece, and I can tell a lot of work went into it. When I did see the background, the pastel colors and heart shapes were very attractive and added to the stock beautifully. A beautiful sig just one that is, sadly, a bit hard to see.

Excellent submissions overall! Good job, everyone.

#3 - overall a great tag; nice colors, good text placement, good flow, and a soft composition. Only qualm is that the head could've been blended a little more.

And although I really love the designs in number 2, it's busy and the flow clashes quite a bit. The tagger is very creative imo! Seems to be a Japanista like me. xD

I went ahead and voted for #3. The other two were also excellent entries, but I preferred 3 overall. Beautiful soft colors, well placed effects and good font placement.

Number 1 gets my vote. It looks amazing! The colors are perfect and focus on the samurai perfectly. Great job!!

OMFG number 2!!!!!! I love it so much and its just so cute. I love how its been made into a keyring, great effect! Love it. Also the cute image of the girl and the little charm go together well, with the colours and the adorable text. The brushes used are amazing and I really do love it, well done!

Great theme, 3 different yet great entries. In the end I'm going for #3. Love the soft colours, lovely use of hearts, executes the theme both simply and efectively, generally more appealing in appearance.

Back