[S/D] Tale of the Forgotten

Mikasa so far I don't see any problems, when the full thing is up I will give you my verdict.

Baseret am I to assume the chaotic good means you will be siding with Vex or the Dark One? Either way it's good to go now.

Eile will side with whoever's good. She's just be more forceful in it.

Ahh that would be Vexs side then, well welcome aboard. Just waiting on two more bios people for those who expressed early enough interest so when they come in I will kick this off. To others who would still like to join you do have time to enter.

Sided with Vex! His history is rather vague, I hope that's ok.

Name: Saethos Lortalor

Race: Human

Appearance:
photo.jpg

Formal wear:
2013-03-0310-45-06_zps467cf9a4.png

Casual wear:
2013-02-0223-46-04_zps8cf0daf6.png

Armor:
SaethosArmor_zpsa3eecb62.png

History: Born of military lineage, Saethos was a rebellious child. His rebellions were not severe, but his behavior was not satisfactory to his parents liking. Eventually, once his teenage years came close to their end, he shaped up. At 16 he went to a military school. His intellectual grades did not reflect well, but he was always at his top in anything that required physical endurance. He even became undefeated in the sparring ring. His training consisted of the mastery of many weapons, but of all the weapons he found a pair of hatchets most to his liking. Also due to his superior physical strength he was able to take heavy punishment.

4 years after training, Saethos graduated less than top of his class, mostly for the sake of his intellect not quite being up to snuff. Despite this, he was accepted into the local guard of his home. As a guard he handled mostly the protection of civilians. Life was not hard, but it was not easy either. Being a guard he found himself being bored quite often. The only real combat he ever had was standard training exercises.

The excessive boredom of guard life had driven him to other places. As a result, he did 3 years as a guard until he was accepted into the marines. He left his hometown for the sea, still remaining in his military life. Even as a man of the army, sea life was still very difficult to adjust to. The hardest part was not the waving of the ship, not the crude hours, not the lack of communication with the land, but the food. The food was awful, usually consisting of stale bread. On occasion they would dock and stock on fresh supplies, but most of the food only remained fresh for a week at most. But once his tongue had adjusted, he was a pleasure to have on the ship. Due to his physical strength, he was generally manning the ropes or being the helmsman. While on board this ship he had abandon his love for hatchets and began to use an axe, particularly because it made it much easier to cut through the ropes in rushed times.

At the age of 30, 7 years after he first joined the ship crew, he had abandon his life on the sea. His time there left its impact on him, mostly visible in his manner of walking. Spending the most of 7 years at sea caused his walk to become swaggered, something referred to as Sea Legs. After he returned to land he resigned as a military man. He did not abandon it, he considers himself a reserved guard, now.

Personality: Saethos is a calm man who enjoys to drink his liquor. Generally he is a very kind man, but can often come off as condescending. His generosity knows very little boundaries, causing him to go out of his way just to make others happy. Being gentle is far from his forte, he's much more rough with others, often saying it builds character. Partnering with Saethos can be difficult, but he will always pull through when his brothers in arms need him due to his hatred for letting others down. He insists on giving anything he does his absolute all.

Abilities:
Blazing impact: Through his mighty Halberd, he can channel his energy into its blade. When he does so, it's normal sapphire blue glow turns a menacing red. Upon impact with a solid object, his halberd will burst with fire, the burst goes in accordance with his applied force.

Natural Aura: Saethos is gifted with a natural protective aura that passively protects his body from physical and magical damage. It works by acting as a solid barrier that shatters on impact, absorbing a share of it before dissipating and reforming as soon as the impact is finished. The more damage his aura prevents Saethos from taking, the faster his energy is drained.

Aura manipulation; Physical: Saethos can actively change his aura to reduce no magical damage, making all magic damage pass directly through.

Aura manipulation; Magical: Saethos can actively change his aura to reduce only magical damage, causing all physical damage to pass through.

Buddhas Guardian: Summoning the power of spirit that protects his bloodline, Saethos can call forth a being that will act as a solid wall around any of his allies, but not himself. Any impact the spirit form takes is transferred onto Saethos himself. He can only summon this spirit for 15 seconds and is contractually limited to summoning it once every 12 hours.

Cleaver of the Volcano: When Blazing Impact is active, Saethos can spin his halberd after charging it with fire energy for a short period of time. The spinning motion leaves a trail of fire that burns in the air around Saethos, which will not burn anything until his protective aura takes an impact. This is very difficult for him to sustain, usually he will only be able to sustain this for 30 seconds become being forced to collapse them. Holding these causes him to feel the heat from the flames and get very sweaty.

Glacial Surface: Unable to be done while Blazing Impact is activate, by smashing his halberd into the ground perfect vertical he can cause the ground to form an icy surface. Despite being ice, it is not cold, but it still retains all other properties of ice. This surface stays until his halberd is removed from the ground, when it all will subsidize back into the air. He does not need on hand contact with his halberd once it is planted in the ground.

Last edited:
Name: Kujo Nobunaga

Race: Human

Faction: Vex / Chaotic Neutral

Appearance:

Yasuo-High-Noon-Splash-Art.jpg

Kujo sports a brown poncho and outfitted with a grey longshirt, as well as varying brown pants with expensive boots ornamented with golden spurs, amongst with varying ropes and a hostler for his single colt revolver and varying bullets on the sides for his fire arm. His chest along with his poncho is decorated with a bandolier harnessing his magitec bullets and his left hip is outfitted with one of the legendary gunblades of Asura, Izanami The Heartbreaker. He often has a decorated long hair, fitted with a varying ponytail and sports a hat to accommodate his life in the West. He also has unkempt stubble with a beard and often scowling eyes to mask his kinder side. He has a muscular build and notably strong arms to carry his colt revolver and Izanami, The Heartbreaker.

History:

No one knew how he came to live in the wests of the 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] Continent, but few live by his unique form of weaponry: an Eastern blade decorated with markings of Asura. Few yet know who the man was and how his whirlwind of unmatched swordsmanship and gunsmanship would be able to topple Gods and demons. But they all know his name, Kujo Nobunaga.

Born to a village of Asura and grew up mastering its arts of killing as well as its untapped potential of the three elements of wind, fire and earth he was hailed as the greatest prodigy of his village's time. From age 11, he had already perfected Asura's art of killing and the three elements, but lacked the maturity to muster enough courage and wisdom of his prowess. He often lived by power over experience, and was his downfall in terms of battling wiser veterans in the art of war.

One day, at age 15, he battled a Westerner and his hoard of traders and vile criminals, only to be defeated by their tactics of deception and indomitable mind. Kujo was taken as a slave by them as a result, along with the blade entrusted by his family's dojo, Izanami The Untempered Blade. Kujo woke to a new world in the west, where honor and pride knew not the harsh realities of the 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] Continent. Kujo endured his humility and bided his time before eventually overpowering his captors and butchering them with Izanami. Upon his realization that in his young age, he would never be able to find home due to his inexperience with the world, he decided to make The West his only home. Winding up in a humble farming village, he was fortunate to meet a fellow countryman who had settled at the west. Time passed as he had mastered the language of this new world, before finally at age 22 he had been given blessing of his new home and his skills honed to its primal shape to set out into the frontier.

Kujo battled town after town, men after men who wanted his unique powers until the entire continent demanded his head dead or alive. All the more a challenge for the swordsman and his mastery of his past, he accepted the bounty and was heralded a hero in some of the towns while a vile murderer in others. All is known though, that he will brutally reign a power of destruction to those who dared not leave him be. At age 29, at the peak of his power, Kujo knew only the wind and the love of his new home yet had longed to return back to his home of Asura. Setting his sights on other countries, Kujo embarked on a new journey to return home. If his enemies and even God were to stand on his way, he would simply cut them down.

Personalty:

Kujo was once an arrogant child with little to uphold in humility and experience but it bellies his potential kindness and ability to know good and evil yet in his later life will find no will to seek a means to side with another. His goals are to prove that he is the strongest swordsman, or vanquishes evil by his own hands and always seeks a means to improve and grow his untapped power that the elders and his master from Asura had told him long ago.

Kujo is an admirer of beauty, either from nature to women or even to how his opponents fight; he will often show his acknowledgement if it is worth noting. He is also a very temperamental man, who often sought out bounties of harsher criminals and mass murderers than he is and would often his anger would lead him to a destructive path. He is an unsheathed and furious blade, wandering the bowels of the west to finally be tempered to reach his full power but has yet to find such a person or motivation.

He is a battle enthusiast, seeking a fight often to test his power and often leaves a trail of destruction in his wake if he finds his opponents worthy, but spares no moment to stray away from innocent places where these evil lay, often taking them as far away from the innocent bystanders as possible or quickly ending the fight with his skill and power. He is often quick to judge things without carefully assessing his opinion, but often carries good will.

Abilities:

Kujo is often regarded as the unmatched swordsman of the west, and it is proven so with his power and handling of the legendary gunblade Izanami, The Untempered Blade (later rechristened to Izanami, The Heartbreaker as he aged in the western era). His prowess in withdrawing the blade as well as striking it with precision unseen by the world is well renowned and warned by Mayors and locals who had seen his power.

He is also a master of the blade's varying styles, notable being the Dragon God Style and its varying forms of cutting power. All his move pools are derived in Styles and Form of how he was taught from Ages 6 to15 and he has since added more to his own study of the West.

Dragon God Style: 1[SUP]st[/SUP] Form – This style is often his signature power, his concentration and use of this style is what saves his life often in a world of guns. Its power can cut bullets without adding elemental touches to it and can catch bullets at the blades of Izanami by Kujo, he can as well redirect the bullets by tilting Izanami slightly and the force sent off by Izanami can chip boulders or have explosive effect to whatever the bullet Izanami deflects travels towards as it is often a trick by Kujo to imbue Izanami with Wind magic and add its power to the bullets.

Dragon God Style: 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] Form – This style is divided into 20 subclasses handstyles/slash and be situational as per Kujo's problems. It is the most flexible of the Forms and differentiates him from most swords men due to its adjusting powers, combined with the elemental powers and casting of the magitec bullets, 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] Form can be spiced up. With over 20 combinable forms totaling to over 40 slashes/stances and over 60 combinations of forms if done correctly from the 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] form alone, this style and stance is the bread and butter of Kujo's fighting techniques and he uses them with precision for any swordsman of his generation.

Dragon God Style 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] Form – This style only works in tandem with Izanami's gunblade mechanic and the various magitec bullets he has acquired from the Village he had been raised after escaping his captives. While not an official style of Asura's teachings, it is nonetheless a very impression Style which includes combining his mastery of the 3 elements of Wind, Fire and Earth. It is with the 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] form that he can perform feats impossible of swordsmen such as cutting flames, splittin the earth and even slicing metal with the timed precision and use of Izanami's revolver mechanic. It is often divided into 30 subclasses, 10 for each of his elemental mastery and can be mix-matched with each other, totallin into over a hundred if not more theoretical moves that mixes with the magitec bullets along with Izanami.

Dragon God style: 4[SUP]th[/SUP] Form – This is where Kujo combines his speed and reflexes that makes him and is basically a flurry of slashes, and is solely combined with his mastery of the flame element. He can also send a long ranged flame or wind slash with this technique, but often preserves this form for his mastery over the flame.

Dragon God Style: 5[SUP]th[/SUP] Form – This stance utilizes Kujo's raw power, wherein he combines his strength with the power of the Earth. It is very taxing and rarely used by him, however is a wondrous sight as he is able to crack even the densest mould of rock to shattering the ground with the powerful force of Izanami. It takes 6 magitec bullets imbued with the power of the Earth combined into the revolver of Izanami to harness this technique and often will leave Kujo in a worse form. It's often used as a last resort, and with the other creative movepools of 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] and 1[SUP]st[/SUP] style, he has only used this twice in his life.

Kujo is an avid artist, able to paint and compose music whenever he pleases and during moments of when conflict does not meet him. He is an avid reader, having learned the language of the West in over a year by studying diligently alongside the village he escaped to. He has mastered the control of the 3 elements from his homeland via wind, fire and earth and often uses them with his Dragon God Style technique and is well noted by the 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] Continent of such a trait.

Kujo is also a skilled horseman, able to tame any wild Stallion. This is theorized from his upbringing in Asura, where it is common practice to do so but rarely looked upon.

Last edited:
Mikasa okay still waiting on your history to accept, as of right now the RP is gonna start so you can still jump in when your bio gets finished.

Soulcorruptor There! Done. Sorry for the late edit. Should there be a place where everyone should be? Or should it be different depending on the faction you're aligned with? I was sort of thinking my character isn't the sort who would go around for some R&R so I imagine perhaps she might perpetuate some sort of incident unless you have something planned.

No worries about it being late, and nothing in mind that I have you wanting to do for certain. Only thing is the first big conflict is gonna happen in Daizel how you get there or why is up to you.

OK!

Blame Shen for this.

I want in on some arpee and since this is the only RP with some activity this month where I don't have to read three books, a lexicon and a shot-story I decide that this might be a good place to start.
First, know that I cannot guarantee activity more than one or two posts a week, I will try to reply when I can but I'm just putting the warning there.

Second, I'm wondering what we "need", not saying this like an MMO party where we need one of this and that, but I'm wondering what we are lacking. I can either make or have access to any kind of char.
I see we have two on the Dark One's side, and the rest seems to be in league with Vex, unless I failed in skimming (possible) I see a lot of mages or magically attuned characters.

So, I'm wondering, from everyone as well as Soulcorruptor, is there anything that would be fun or interesting to have in? Something that might make a group or side more fun or the RP more interesting?
I know this is a strangeass signup request but Bah at that! I'm not feeling tilted towards one way or the other but this might change during character creation!

So yes, have at me!

Well reason why ya see a lot of magically inclined chars is in order to survive this RP, ya need to have some magic of sorts. It's like throwing a warrior alone against a battle of one hundred mages, he gonna get messed up. So even something like a magic defense is fine, and actually we have three for the Dark Lord. Shen, Gav, and Mikasa. So as to the needing anything it's whatever you want to bring to the table, as for the first since we are still moving at a slow start I don't see that to be a problem since most of us in this are in SS as well and when it comes to waiting we are understandable.

Bah, not what I hoped for, was hoping someone could indirectly aid me in choosing a char, I have too many...
Also, a warrior can have powers even if they have no magic, but point taken.

I'm on the buss now, I'll have a think about things and see what I come up with. As it is now I need to rewrite any char I chose anyway as they are not to my current standard.

I'm still going to be happy with wishes or ideas. So we'll see.

OK!
I'm a double posting wh***!
Just to make sure this gets read. ^^;

I have decided which characters I want to play, but I still want to see your opinions about them.
I'm not gonna link to the list as some of them need a rewrite badly...

-Iras Aedari
This is one of my more developed characters.
Iras is not alone in his body as a demon shares it, in most cases Iras has control but Scelus, as the demon is named, can at times take control. Where Iras is a good and nice dude he would help those in need and.. well.. He's a nice dude. Scelus would rather slaughter, kill and maim more than anything else. He considers himself the ebodiment of fiery death and pain.
Human side use a sword and limited fire magic, demon side use a berserker like style of fighting and more fire magic. The gimmick of this character is that his right arm is permanently in demon form, which looks like semi-molten rock.
Naturally this causes a strange relationship and for this RP, this character can actually take "both sides"... Strange as it sounds.

-Jin
He is a thief/rogue type character.
Not really have any morals he can side with anyone who pays him in one form or another.
The gimmick about this character is metal manipulation, easiest way to explain is to imagine Magneto from X-men. Though not to that level he still has a great deal of control there. This also gives him a "metal radar" of sorts.
Jin can be on either side.

-Raab Irmeger
This is a barrier mage, his arrogance is at times through the roof.
His thing is that he is a mage with combat training, he focuses on creating barriers, be they domes to protect something or in the form of a 'barrier weapon' that literally has a molecular edge (sharper than a scalpel). He can litterally create any object he knows how works. Not mechanics but objects.
His "biggest thing" is that he can create a ton of weapons in air and "send them that way", raining weapons at a location... etc.
He can be offensive as well as defensive depending.
Raab can be on either side.

-Karax
He is basically a lighting elemental, but a human.
Basically, he is actually a human but he has complete control of electricity, he can literally gain power by sucking on a high voltage cable.
He has a strange look on things and has a giddy personality most of the time. He is obsessed by wealth and might go to strange extents to obtain "that shiny".
He would side with Vex.

-Aldar Dant.
He is a strange fellow, he is decent at fighting but not as much as a skilled fighter.
Having no powers per se, he does have one gift.. He cannot die.. Or he can but he gets better!.
Thing about this char is that he would use suicide tactics and regenerate, even from being vaporized into a mist, he regenerates.... He will die a LOT in this RP.
He would side with Vex.

Those are the ones that jump out at me that could fit this RP. I have tons other but these feel better than others.
I know that it is my choice but I'd like to hear your views on this as it's more fun playing something that can cause interesting interactions, especially since I'm sure I read somewhere that this RP won't be all combat and be a lot of story progression and interaction.

OK!
I'm a double posting wh***!
Just to make sure this gets read. ^^;

I have decided which characters I want to play, but I still want to see your opinions about them.
I'm not gonna link to the list as some of them need a rewrite badly...

-Iras Aedari
This is one of my more developed characters.
Iras is not alone in his body as a demon shares it, in most cases Iras has control but Scelus, as the demon is named, can at times take control. Where Iras is a good and nice dude he would help those in need and.. well.. He's a nice dude. Scelus would rather slaughter, kill and maim more than anything else. He considers himself the ebodiment of fiery death and pain.
Human side use a sword and limited fire magic, demon side use a berserker like style of fighting and more fire magic. The gimmick of this character is that his right arm is permanently in demon form, which looks like semi-molten rock.
Naturally this causes a strange relationship and for this RP, this character can actually take "both sides"... Strange as it sounds.

-Jin
He is a thief/rogue type character.
Not really have any morals he can side with anyone who pays him in one form or another.
The gimmick about this character is metal manipulation, easiest way to explain is to imagine Magneto from X-men. Though not to that level he still has a great deal of control there. This also gives him a "metal radar" of sorts.
Jin can be on either side.

-Raab Irmeger
This is a barrier mage, his arrogance is at times through the roof.
His thing is that he is a mage with combat training, he focuses on creating barriers, be they domes to protect something or in the form of a 'barrier weapon' that literally has a molecular edge (sharper than a scalpel). He can litterally create any object he knows how works. Not mechanics but objects.
His "biggest thing" is that he can create a ton of weapons in air and "send them that way", raining weapons at a location... etc.
He can be offensive as well as defensive depending.
Raab can be on either side.

-Karax
He is basically a lighting elemental, but a human.
Basically, he is actually a human but he has complete control of electricity, he can literally gain power by sucking on a high voltage cable.
He has a strange look on things and has a giddy personality most of the time. He is obsessed by wealth and might go to strange extents to obtain "that shiny".
He would side with Vex.

-Aldar Dant.
He is a strange fellow, he is decent at fighting but not as much as a skilled fighter.
Having no powers per se, he does have one gift.. He cannot die.. Or he can but he gets better!.
Thing about this char is that he would use suicide tactics and regenerate, even from being vaporized into a mist, he regenerates.... He will die a LOT in this RP.
He would side with Vex.

Those are the ones that jump out at me that could fit this RP. I have tons other but these feel better than others.
I know that it is my choice but I'd like to hear your views on this as it's more fun playing something that can cause interesting interactions, especially since I'm sure I read somewhere that this RP won't be all combat and be a lot of story progression and interaction.

Iras seems interesting because of the whole split thing. Jin hard for me to say honestly. Raabs concept is also intriguing and seems like it would be fun to see in use. Karak because of the "shiny" bit now has me thinking of. Gollum from LotR. And Aldar seems amusing just because of you saying he would die alot, I'm allmost picturing a suicidal bomber that likes what he does and is going "here we go again" before leaping into the fray. Can't narrow it down to one right now but I can say the three that seem the most interesting thus far would be Iras, Raabs, amd Aldar.

I vote Iras. He is very similar to a character that I used a few years ago with a similar name for the demon part. I also like the idea of one character potentially playing both sides and possibly switching multiple times.

I would also love to see Aldar. I can see him has a great comic relief.

Ooh, actually, I like Aldar out of the others... Though I think that character might be overpowered. It seems to me he could go up against the big bad and win, regardless of skill, by means of attrition. After all, he doesn't die, he could probably suicide rush the big bad and slowly after a matter of time, discover the way to win.

I vote Iras. He is very similar to a character that I used a few years ago with a similar name for the demon part. I also like the idea of one character potentially playing both sides and possibly switching multiple times.

I would also love to see Aldar. I can see him has a great comic relief.
Oh, he wil, at times.
In other RP's I have used him, he has traveled by catapult as well as magical means ending up splatting somewhere.
"Dude... it's like faaar down there"
"man up, walk like the rest of us"
"... you know... no, I have a shortcut" *jumps down*

As for Iras; he is one of my older characters so he is the more developed character of the lot. He's fun for sevreal reasons. ^^

Ooh, actually, I like Aldar out of the others... Though I think that character might be overpowered. It seems to me he could go up against the big bad and win, regardless of skill, by means of attrition. After all, he doesn't die, he could probably suicide rush the big bad and slowly after a matter of time, discover the way to win.
Yes, in theory he could, but I will play-balance myself becuase that's just idiotic if I do that. Perhaps that can, in such a case, be a reason the baddie can be fought?
I mean, everyone have a "gift" that others doesn't, which will often aid in cases like this.
And who's better to "tank" than a dude that never dies! ^^
But yes, there are limters to it as well as how long things take... etc

----
Well, I thank you for your help!
It's boiled down to two characters, I just need to figure out which one might be the most fun to play in a longer run. ^^

Well, after rewriting them a little, I'm finally to the point where I choose to show them to people! ^^
None of them have histories yet... I have to rewrite that from square one but preferable that won't start nao.

Link to my google drive, see if one of them are more interesting than the other.
I think that both can add a lot of interesting things to the RP, but know that Aldar is a green character, as in I haven't gotten to use him and develop him that much yet. Whereas Iras is more developed. Though this doesn't mean much in itself it is simply the quality of the character. If I play Aldar I will develop him more during the RP whereas Iras is already done.

So yes, final verdict please!
If none of you have any ideas/feedback I'll choose one myself by the end of Thursday! ^^

Iras Aedari / Scelus
Aldar Dant

Back