[Role-Play] Epitaph

"Yeah, well, not really. I don't mind"
In response to Yamato's comment about being an inconvenience.

Ryoku poked his forehead with his index finger to think of a plan to get Rose some combat experience and a way to learn the basics.

"Aha." A thought struck his mind.

"What you wanna do is go to the quest area and accept a beginner quest. From there on, I'll teach you the basics and whatever else you want to know."

Ryoku stepped out and pointed the way to the quest board.

"I could also give you a tour of the town, if you like. Not really much to do right now, since everyone is doing the Launch Event."
A brief rest to catch some air, "First things first though, since we're going on a quest, it might be a good idea to equip some armor. Or at least some protection. Just in case."

He opened his menu and waved several times until he got into the [Party] menu. He sent out an invite to Yamato, as well as a friend request. So they can be in contact the whole time, no matter where they are.

With all that done, he sat down on the floor lazily and waited for Yamato to get prepared.

"whenever you're ready"

((OOC: Posting on LJ's Behalf))

Lex & Cecilly | Escape the Blast!​

Lex & Cecilly looked around the boss room, it seemed like they weren't injured too badly from the battle, but they noticed they were more lucky than the others, this event seemed to have killed many players in Skeiths wake, the amount of players when they started the battle was easily enough to fill half the room, and now it was just a handful of parties including Lex & Cecillys.

They heard the young man in black yell "What the... Oh no! EVERYONE GET AWAY FROM IT NOW!", when the two players heard the Panic in his voice they looked back at Skeith, he was glowing red, his body starting to crack and crumble from the immense power he was building up, just when it hit its peak Skeith exploded causing a large domed shockwave to expand and kill even more of the remaining players.

"Damn! We gotta move Cecilly!" Lex grabbed Cecillys hand and started running towards the doors, everyone seemed to run towards them in hopes that they would open up in time to escape, when the two got to the doors they began to try pushing them together.

((OOC: I'll get my characters post up to end the event later tonight))

Kuro | A Mysterious Event​

The blastwave was inching closer and closer to the remaining players at the door, everyone was trying to open the door to escape but it seemed as though it wasn't going to work.

"Damn, I'm gonna have to use this..." Kuro prepared to open up his personal admin console to override the doors code but before he could bring down his hand to open the menu a young woman in blue stopped him. He looked to his right and saw a girl who seemed to be a breaker, she gave Kuro a oddly warm smile before turning to the blast, confused Kuro looked back and just as the blast was about to hit the girl the wave shattered like the players who died by it, the room began to fill with data fragments which looked like Blue Rose Petals.

During all this the young woman who stopped Kuro looked back at him again before rings appeared around her body, she somehow logged out without using the Chaos gate. "Who the hell was that...", The other players turn around and look back at the room now filled with a soft blue light, a calm soothing womans voice echoed throughout the room.

"Congratulations Players... You all have fought bravely against a monster that brings about true death, but have no doubts, by defeating Skeith the God of Death you have unlocked his power, within every players blade, the spells they carry, and even the Worlds Monsters, now have the power of Skeith... Anytime a Player dies they shall share the fate with those who have died today... We shall meet again when the Angel of Illusion is born...."

Just after that small speech was over, a window appeared in front of each players eyes, Kuro clicked the box in front of himself, there was a item in the box that had the item name "Fragment of Skeith", it was placed in Kuros Key Item tab. "Damn... What is this C.C. ..." After everyone had grabbed the item dropped by Skeith the doors opened allowing the remaining players to leave.

Anzu
True...Death?

Everything around Anzu was like a blur to her. She was certain in a way that she was going to die. But soon the explosion dissipated, into blue leaves at that. All the adrenaline had left her at this point and she would slump down, resting at the base of the door, awestruck as she saw the blue, long-haired woman stand in front of the group before dissappearing, logging off somewhere.

"So....d-did we win?" Anzu asked, as she slowly but surely came to her feet. Like Kuro, she too wondered just who the heck that person was, at least so she could thank her for saving their hides back there, however soon there was the sound of a female voice that everyone could hear.

"Congratulations Players... You all have fought bravely against a monster that brings about true death, but have no doubts, by defeating Skeith the God of Death you have unlocked his power, within every players blade, the spells they carry, and even the Worlds Monsters, now have the power of Skeith... Anytime a Player dies they shall share the fate with those who have died today... We shall meet again when the Angel of Illusion is born...."

"What...the...heck?" Anzu said when she heard this, and a window would pop up with the "Fragment of Skeith" item, which would automatically be placed in the key items tab. Turning towards her fellow party members she said, "Wait...what did she mean by that...Does it mean we...could die out here?"

Seeing where Ryoku was pointing Yamato was about to walk to the quest area when he mentioned wearing armour.

"Oh! I have that taken care of already" opening her own menu she re-equipped the armour additions to her outfit, covering her chest, arms, legs and finishing with her head before twirling playfully for him. "okay, i'll look for a quest now" turning away from him, Yamato began to walk towards the quest board and picked out something near her level, a sharp beep taking her by surprise as she got a notification for a party invite. Pressing the green tick she saw Ryoku's level and health next to her own. "This quest should be simple enough, we just need to hunt 10 slimes, they don't seem tough, for you anyway"

After a few short moments she realised she hadn't set her weapon yet, re-entering her menu she found her spear and equipped it "what do you think?"

Pulling Ryoku's arm against her again she nudged him forward "will you lead the way?"

Last edited:
OOC: Remember, for me, italics = thought. Also, hope this is ok

Gozen Matabei

Purely Cinematic

Matabei cursed as a cluster of panicking players gathered at the closed door. Many hammered uselessly at the door while others resigned themselves and sobbed on the floor. Rather than feel sorry for herself, Matabei pushed passed the crowd, planted her feet solidly and rammed both hands into the crack of the door. If she was going to die anyway, might as well die trying. Pushing all her STR stat points to the max, Matabei strained her muscles against the door. Of course, the effort was futile but that didn't stop her. As the shockwave got closer and closer, Matabei gritted her teeth and closed her eyes for the impending death.

... Am i dead yet...?

There was no disintegrating feeling , pain or even an itch. As the seconds ticked by, Matabei cracked open a single eye and tooka quick gander. Rather than floating in heaven amongst clouds, there was a soothing blue light that filled the room. A detached women's voice echoed through the hall, communicating with those still alive.

"What...the...heck?"

Took the words out of my mouth, Anzu.
Like many others, a small window appeared with what appears to be the "boss loot". This was called, "Fragment of Skeith". However, rather than being able to do anything with it, it was instantly equipped to a key item slot. That was odd.

"Wait...what did she mean by that...Does it mean we...could die out here?"

I really wish it didnt, but that would be what it seems to mean. I wonder if its possible to just log out... but if they go to this extent....

Matabei's thoughts trailed as she pondered on the possibilities of this. Did true death mean like its a rogue-like game where the character dies permanently and they'd have to recreate or is it as sinister as the game has made ti to sound.

Whatever the case, lets get out of here first and return to town, where its actually safe. I'll go first. Meet at the town plaza if you wish to discuss any further.

Matabei didn't want to stay any longer than necessary in this cave. It gave her the worst chills. Quickly, she stepped out of the room and made a bee line straight for the portals. Within seconds of being ported outside, the atmosphere around her was already less suffocating and depressing. Following up on her own offer, Matabei made her way to the plaza, at the center piece and sat down on a raised ledge. Her own bulky size as well as being elevated meant that she was hard to miss, in case her party members decided to take up on her offer.

Kuro | Clarify​

"What...the...heck?"

Took the words out of my mouth, Anzu.

Anzu and Matabei said, it seemed like they too were startled and confused about what just happened. It seemed as though a Hacker or some third party was involved in the game, perhaps one who altered the code to actually cause real death...? Kuro thought to himself.

"Regardless we survived..." He cringed at that though because Alicia didn't, he had no idea what her status was in the real world either, he hadn't been able to log out to call her home.

"Wait...what did she mean by that...Does it mean we...could die out here?"

"I agree with Matabei on this, Honestly we cannot log out just in our menus, we can only do so in the Town Areas, logging out in the games dungeons, events, fields, etc. wasn't added into the game..." Kuro said to the two women.

Whatever the case, lets get out of here first and return to town, where its actually safe. I'll go first. Meet at the town plaza if you wish to discuss any further.

"Right, but I'll be checking on Alicia first... Then I'll catch up."

Matabei run to the chaos gate to return to town, she seemed really shaken up by all this. Kuro shook his head and ran out of the boss room as well, he stopped at the Chaos Gate and returned to town, Just as he returns to Arcadia he logs out of the game.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kuro | Real Life Crisis​

Kuro took off his gear, grabbed the phone by the side of his bed and hit Alicia's Speed Dial, he put it to his ear as he was sitting up. A Woman picked up the phone but it wasn't Alicia.

"H-Hello...?" A Flustered sounded woman answered, her voice was familiar...

"Alicia's Mom?" Kuro Asked. The woman said Yes... Kuro explained who he was to Alicia and asked what happened, from what she said Alicia suffered damage to her brain due to her gears microwaves overloading, thankfully it just put her into a comatose state instead of outright killing her. Kuro hung up the phone shocked. The call lasted for 20 minutes.

"So.... Is this the True Death...?" Realizing she wasn't the only one who died in game he logged in on his PC and checked the news, Reports were already being posted about peoples Gears overloading and causing Deaths, some were lucky like Alicia and only fell into Comas but a huge majority died.

"I'll need to announce this to the others..." He dreaded the thought of telling the players this, it would cause panic or worse.. But its not going to be good if its kept secret..

((OOC: I'll Post the Announcement once everyone is out of the Dungeon :D))

Anzu
Ne Cede Malis

"I agree with Matabei on this, Honestly we cannot log out just in our menus, we can only do so in the Town Areas, logging out in the games dungeons, events, fields, etc. wasn't added into the game..." Kuro said to the two women.

"Right, but I'll be checking on Alicia first... Then I'll catch up."

"R-Right, I'll go with Matabei." Anzu said, still a little in shock of the matter, but at least everything is said and done with. As soon as given the chance, Anzu left the room, running for the portals that would take her back to town. Once there the Silver-haired girl wasted no time in heading to the plaza, trying to figure out what their next move should be. Even for someone of relatively decent experience, this was still all the more shocking to her, and as soon as she could recompose herself she could go back to doing what she does best.

Rei
~True Death...?~

// While in the midst of her mantra, Rei heard a female voice echo throughout the room.

"Congratulations Players...
You all have fought bravely against a monster that brings about true death, but have no doubts, by defeating Skeith the God of Death you have unlocked his power, within every players blade, the spells they carry,
and even the Worlds Monsters, now have the power of Skeith...
Anytime a Player dies they shall share the fate with those who have died today...
We shall meet again when the Angel of Illusion is born..."

'Anytime a player dies they will share the same fate...? Well, considering the causalities from this boss battle, that doesn't sound like a comforting thought.' Rei pondered on the mysterious announcement, but was at least relieved that the event had finally ended.

After confronting Skeith, Rei was only reminded of how limited her capabilities were in battle. She definitely was not anywhere near as strong as her fellow party members. She felt determined to become stronger and acquire new skills.

The previously locked doors had suddenly opened and Rei was finally able to teleport back to town via Chaos Gate. Rei wondered what her next course of action should be.
She overheard some players making arrangements to meet at the plaza. She really wanted to explore more areas in the game, so taking up a quest seemed ideal.

Once she arrived in town, she noticed a male and female couple walking from the Quest Shop and towards the Chaos Gate. She took note of the male character's username.
'Ryoku? Where have I seen that name before...?'

'Anyway, I should probably see if Lex and Cecilly are up for doing another quest.'
Rei sent them both a message and a party invite and awaited their response. //

Getting up and dusting off his clothes, Ryoku checked the quest log, for what Yamato had chosen. Obviously she knew what to pick, but he wanted to make sure. There could be a hidden strong boss in that dungeon.

Ryoku led Yamato to a giant gate, known as the Chaos Gate. It acted as the entry and exit point for any quest, so long as the users speak the 3 required words to activate the waypoint to the quest area. Ryoku checked the quest log once more, this time, mainly for the three activation words.

Before Ryoku wanted actually get started on the quest though, he looked around. He had sensed that players were coming back from the Skieth event. One, by one, players started to appear out of the Chaos Gate as fast as they could, like they were running away from something they could not handle.

Particularly, of all the people Ryo knew, first came Matabei, then Anzu, not too long after that was Rei, particularly a new member of their party.

Ryoku whistled to the direction of Matabei, and Anzu, hoping he would catch their attention.

"Hey guuuys! How was the event?" He asked, not aware of the situation that had gone on in there.

Lex and Cecilly ran to escape the blast trying to get out the doors, and just as when it seemed the blast would hit them a miracle happened. It couldn't be explained but it looked like someone just appeared and stopped it. What was more disturbing was the message she left them all with.
"Congratulations Players...
You all have fought bravely against a monster that brings about true death, but have no doubts, by defeating Skeith the God of Death you have unlocked his power, within every players blade, the spells they carry,
and even the Worlds Monsters, now have the power of Skeith...
Anytime a Player dies they shall share the fate with those who have died today...
We shall meet again when the Angel of Illusion is born..."

It shocked them, what they heard. Both Lex and Cecilly gave eachother a worried look. It told them they were both thinking the same thing. That this power of Skieth and now everyone having it, all of a sudden this game has become one of survival. The doors opened and both made their way to the Chaos Gate to go back to back to town. Just as they were thinking more on that persons words, the other phrase that disturbed them "We shall meet again when the angel of illusion is born" Just who was this referring to? Before anymore thought could be given to this a message came through to them from Rei about wanting to party, Lex typed a quick reply saying yes and they wanted to try and meet at the Chaos Gate.

Rei
~A New Quest~

// Rei checked out the Quest Shop to see what new quests were available. There were two: "Duel of the Thieves" and "Azure Wings of Fate." 'Well, the latter certainly sounds intriguing... I'll check with Lex and Cecilly first to see which they'd prefer.'

Rei noticed the pair of red-headed twins approaching the Chaos Gate.
"Hey you two!"
Rei called out.

"So, it looks like we have two quests to choose from. "Duel of the Thieves" seems simple enough and we'll be able to stock up on some good items. I'm curious about "Azure Wings of Fate," but it has a much higher difficulty level. Although that shouldn't be too much of a challenge with the three of us..."
Rei thought aloud as she crossed her arms and held her chin in her hand.

"What do you think?" She thought it'd be wise to opt for the quest that would give them the most items, that way they could prepare for whatever major battles they might find themselves in the near future.

But she couldn't help but to keep thinking about the "Azure Wings of Fate" quests located in Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground... //

Kuro | Tragic News​

Kuro logs back onto The World, He uses the chaos gate to teleport inside the Game Master Tower, he puts on his dark black robe and stepped up to the podium like he did before.

"Players of The World, as many of you know from the "God" event, many players have died, please be aware that all of these players are either Dead... or in a Comatose State, Please do not panic, this seems to be a isolated event that happened during the God Slaying Event, this will be investigated to the fullest extent.

Also if you are friends with one of the players who have been in the event, I would advise you check up on them and let their families know about this situation."

Before the players erupted in a outrage and panic Kuro went back inside the Tower and disrobed.

"This is a really bad situation, I dunno if the game will survive after a incident like this..."

Kuro used the teleport function in the tower to go back to the chaos gate, he went back into the town square in order to see if anyone was around.

((OOC: Sorry for the short post but wanted to get things moving again))

Gozen Matabei

Solemn contemplation

It didn't take long for her party to start gathering... or the very least, Ryoku who was with Kuro before he had to log out, showed up along with Anzu

"Hey guuuys! How was the event?"

Let's just say it was a bit more... worrisome than expected. I'd wait for Kuro and the others to arrive so you get a better picture of what i meant.

Truthfully, Matabei thought it would have been smarter to log out and see if anything was wrong with herself. Perhaps go see a doctor or check the web to see if anyone else was having issues. This was all on hindsight and it would have been very rude to her current companions to just up and leave. The trio waited for a moment, hoping Kuro, the more... experienced of the group to come and see if he had any ideas, when suddenly, a loud voice boomed across the game once again.

"Players of The World, as many of you know from the "God" event, many players have died, please be aware that all of these players are either Dead... or in a Comatose State, Please do not panic, this seems to be a isolated event that happened during the God Slaying Event, this will be investigated to the fullest extent.

Also if you are friends with one of the players who have been in the event, I would advise you check up on them and let their families know about this situation."

Her worst fears has just been realised. Some of the machines were malfunctioning or something and people were getting heart. The option of an early log out seemed much better and better by the second. It was made doubly worse that the Admins didnt tip toe around, but went and said "dead" as if it was nothing too unusual. A the square began to turn into chaos, Matabei saw Kuro weaving through the crowds in the town square and quickly stood and shouted towards him, waving her arm.

KURO! OVER HERE!

Despite the noise, Matabei's shouting was still a bit excessive and those around them gave a slightly disgruntled look at the sudden outburst.

Kuro | Returning Alive​

As expected the town square was beginning to panic over the announcement he had just made, not surprising as people always have a intense fear of Death, playing the game while knowing its bug could cause you to die was quite fearsome. As he went through the crowds rushing to the Chaos Gates he heard a woman's voice yell out to me, after looking around a moment he noticed that it was Matabei who was waving her arm beckoning me to come over.

"Alright! Coming!" He waved back as a confirmation to seeing her.

Kuro managed to reach Matabei, but as he approached another announcement rang over but didn't seem as though it was a Game Masters a womans voice seems to ring out in a static-ish tone.

"Children of this world hear me... You need not fear Death, it is a loving embrace that gives you true peace... It is unavoidable in your lives regardless on how much you struggle to survive against it... My dear daughter is happy so many people are in this world with her, and I "Will" make sure she stays happy...

The static womans voice stops and silence hits for a few minutes until a few players attempt to use the Chaos gate to log out of the game, the rings appear but the player fails to log out. This ensues even more panic players are screaming and running all over Arcadia.

Kuro hails a random person who came running back from the Chaos Gate.

"What's going on? I thought everyone was logging out?" Kuro Questioned the Player.

"I don't know! Doesn't seem like anyone can log out of the game!"

((OOC: As of right now I've put up the "Trapped" part of the RP, if players wish to "Log out" like before to do things outside of the RP please simply find the Inn in town and rest there, also People can still join the game they just cannot log out of the game :P a nice little twist I'll update the Information thread with this latest event soon))

Anzu
Trapped Like Rats

The announcement caused quite a stir amongst the people, many of which proceeded to try and log out. As Anzu started to process this information, and hoping to try and warn her friends about the matter, she would attempt to log out via the Chaos Gate. But as Anzu began to take those first steps, she heard another voice, this one a female.

"Children of this world hear me... You need not fear Death, it is a loving embrace that gives you true peace... It is unavoidable in your lives regardless on how much you struggle to survive against it... My dear daughter is happy so many people are in this world with her, and I "Will" make sure she stays happy...

At first things went silent, and Anzu paid no mind, at least trying to log out. It was only the next line that would cause a great deal of panic, with people screaming and running away. "Wait, what's going on?" Anzu said to another player, who closer to what's going on said, "I don't think people are able to log out."

"What?" Anzu said, surprised at this latest development. "Are you serious?" Anzu tried to get closer to the Chaos Gate, and as she watched on, she saw the rings form around the person, but nothing else happened, which caused quite a bit of panic around the town itself. Anzu could only clench her fists, "What is going on with this game...so we can't escape and if we die in the game, there is a chance we die for real?" Anzu thought to herself, wondering just which sadistic designer decided to come up with this.

((OOC: Posting on Rauls Behalf till he comes back to the site if he does leaving his character intact))

Ryoku | The hell is going on?!​

A few minutes before the trap event...

Ryoku was just now reunited with some of the players from the god event and asked how it went, but just as he was talking to them a message was blinking on his HUD.

"...Hmm?" He brought down the menu and saw what was wrote, it seemed a family emergency happened just as he had returned, it was asking him to help take care of matters while they tended to his injured uncle, who had been in a car accident.

"Damn, just when I got back too... Seems like I have to log out again. Send me a email on how the event went, I'll check it after all this has settled down!" Ryoku said before running off towards the Chaos Gate.

Ryoku reached the Gate and Logged out just seconds before the announcement of the events "toll".

((Explaination will be in the Discussion post))

Gozen Matabei

Oh dear....

Death? Dear daughter? What in the world is this man talking about? Matabei did not care one bit for it. Rather than just take what the disembodied voice said, Matabei opened up the menu for the log out button, only to not find anything there. Matabei quickly and frantically scanned the limited bra of buttons, as if doing that would will the log in button to suddenly materialise. After a few more seconds, Matabei stopped. It was futile. With dejection heavy in her heart, Matabei returned back to the game.

It seems like the button just vanished. The option is just not there.

Anzu was also riled up by the inability to log out. Matabei couldn't blame her. She herself would have been doing that as well had she not panicked a minute ago.

Kuro. How about your end? Is it just certain people or is it everyone? Anzu and I are stuck. Worse is... if we cant log out... what of our physical bodies? We can't alt f4 or get to the task manager with a VR helmet.

The issue of their actual body suddenly occured to Matabei. She really didn't want her body to pee and poop all over herself if this is long term. In fact, what of nutrient and her personal hygiene? Thankfully, her friends knew she was gaming and they lived in the same apartment. They knew where her spare key was. If she was missing for a day or two and she doesn't answer their calls, most likely, they'll go into her room to check up on her. Others were probably not so lucky.

Kuro | The truth​

Kuro tried to answer Matabei honestly, but even he didn't know too much on this either, nothing like this has happened before.

"I'm the same the log out button is gone, and from the frenzy around town everyone seems to be suffering from the same problem... I wouldn't worry too much about our real bodies at the moment, Our Parents or loved ones will probably check in on us within a few hours, This'll probably be on the news so I'm sure we'll be checked on."

This would be the case for most if not all people, everyone seemed to be excited and probably told everyone they knew, however if some people bought it casually and kept it to themselves chances are they'd be dead within a week from no eating or dehydration...

Anzu
Stay Calm

There was some cause for worry with what the people being trapped on the game server, even Anzu herself was upset in the matter. She also realized, if she can't log out, what would happen to her body? Without some nourishment, would she end up dead by the end of the week? As she was thinking and walking she wound up bumping into Matabei once again, "Oh hey...um..." Anzu said, rubbing the back of her head as she looked up to the taller player. "So, what do we do from here?" Anzu asked, wondering just what they were going to do. It served no purpose staying here and waiting proverbially to the end of their days, so she may as well at least do something.

Back