Online/Real Life - Different Personalities?

Well,I am pretty much the same in both situation [IRL ad online[,jsut that in real I can act more childish at some point and goofy,which is more easy to do and people get your jokes more easily than online,when they can get upset/pissed of the "lame-joke".

I can hold a more valuable and normally convo.in real and as someone else said from here,it's way much easier to sustain your believes and so on..n.n* Plus it's nicer to see the person in front of you and actually is "touchable" and not behind the screen and across the ocean.I mean I find it much better to get a convo. and make a friendship at that point..^^' m.m~

I am not that different from Online in real..but I can get upset at some things,which I may not tell nor show online..and you may never know what exactly is going on through my mind and soul.As you see it..you may figure it out..and to be FRANK..-I feel more comfortable to speak with a person face to face,telling my entire life or discuss a certain subject..I feel much better and at ease.

I'd say I'm a bit more one-dimensional online. Of course, saying this will make people think when reading an oddball post from me, "You mean he's more himself in real life? o_O"

Er. I don't have a personality on here (yet) because I keep forgetting about the place then finding it in my bookmarks every 3 or so months later.

But nah, my online personality wherever I go is the exact same as it is in real life. If I think someone is talking shite, I'll tell them. I'm usually a great laugh and talk some pish, online I type/talk a lot more formally and bluntly. Apart from that, aye, same.

I can pretty much be myself online. Its a lot easier and I don't have to worry that much about what other people think of me. In rl im really quiet mostly because im surrounded by people who speak before they think so I have to ignore them. On here I can be myself.

I sometimes get the feeling that my "personality" online wavers from time to time, generally depending on the level of stress I currently am dealing with in real life at the time...

But pretty much I am nicer and easier to get along with online than in real life. Even if one of you get seriously wondering about that, trust me when I say this; in real life would be worse, and there's the factor that I am still really nervous and uneasy around strangers, face to face. >_>

Trying to work on the latter there though, and just be easier to get along with, more fun and less serious in general, I'm sure it would make my life and perhaps even some others easier for what time they are in my company or just chatting with me online. :dave:

Maybe not exactly the same, I mean there's really only so much you can bring to the internet, but I hope I am. :hmmm:

But I do think I'm less talkative on the internet, if you ever get to talk to me personally. I like conversations. :mokken: I can (can, not that I always am) be more open in real life than on here, because whatever you put here is accessible to almost everyone and that's not a good thing most of the time. D:

I definitely am.

I'm a lot more upfront about things online, whereas in real life it's harder, because you have to say what you think to someones face. >.<

It makes whatever you're thinking about saying a lot harder to say and instead of just typing it and erasing any mistakes, you've more than likely already blurted it out and can't take it back.

So I just tend to be very cautious about anything I say in real life in order to avoid conflit, whereas online I really don't care as much.

I can simply log off.

Online; I am a lot more serious and to the point. Very cheery and try to keep a sense of optimism. Rarely sarcastic and go into more detail about things concerning life or an interest. I feel I can express myself better and be taken seriously too. I'm more confident and less uptight about some issues. I also enjoy most peoples company.

Offline; I am a very anxious and loud person. I often have panic attacks or fall ill due to a weak amunity. Suffering from depression, anemia and insomnia leaves me less than cheery and I'm lazy with my speech. Very much a loner and dislike conversing unless I know you inside and out. Bad habit of being sarcastic and making puns at the worst of times. I'm quick to anger and go into little detail about things. Also, when I am cheery, I can seem a 'goofy' or like an 'airhead'. This leads to nobody taking me seriously hence my rather negative nature.

Hmm, this is hard for me to answer.

It's impossible for me to act exactly the same online as I do in real life. For example, my sister says to me sometimes that the amount of randomness or fangirlness I have in real life can't even be conveyed online. So, in regards to just how random I am, no, that part sadly will never be as random as I am in real life. I mean, if I'm IMing with a close friend then yeah, I'm real random. But around strangers online, I tend to withdraw back into some kind of shell. :/

online, If I'm in some kind of debate(over anything) I'll tend to stay in battle position for a while until I'm defeated or I've won. But in real life, I just kinda give up after a while. It's not worth an argument in real life, so I just forget about it. But, online, I just end up debating it.

In both real life and online, I'm pretty optimistic. So that's the same. I also try and help family/friends sort their problems whether I'm online or offline. I also tend to listen a lot in both online and offline, at least... I think so?

Another thing I've noticed, I down myself A LOT more on the internet than I do in real life. I don't know why, but I do. I guess it's because I'm not very emotional, so in real life, I just ignore any problems/complaints I have towards myself so that I don't put my friends/family in any awkward positions to feel bad for me. As apposed to online, I tend to down myself a lot only because it's less dramatic when doing it in real life.

Also, I am A LOT more talkative in real life. I don't know if it's a bad thing or a good thing, but my sisters always joke around and say how much I talk. They even call me Donkey from Shrek because he just never stopped talking. C: I think it's an over statement, but I suppose it's something others can only judge.

And, on both online and in real life, if someone feels comfortable enough to spark a conversation, than I'll feel just as comfortable. I just hate being the first to make a move, whether it's just to talk or anything else.

Also, in real life my dyslexia tends to surface a lot more than it does online. I jumble up sentence order all the time, and even spell jumbled up too, not a lot, but it definitely happens enough to where my family notices it. And if you ever speak to me in the SB or on an IM, you'll notice I'm always making mistakes in sentence structure or that I'm always editing it.

In real life, I love having someone to talk to, no matter the topic. I tend to worry a bit more than others in real life too. I'm game for just about anything as long as it's with people I care about. In really really crowded places I tend to feel less comfortable and even a little dizzy.

Hmm if i had to look at yself subjectively and compare my personality on and offline, i'd have to say that my online personality is alot more cynicle and harsh, although when i'm talking to the right people i'm pretty mellow and laid back.

In person i'm outright shy and hardly talk unless it's around close friends or if i'm drunk.

Yes I am different when it comes to online.....I do try keep to myself,but for some reason I'm different. I have had some of my friends come up to me in the past and say its like I wasn't even talking to you last night on MSN.......I dunno why but I'm just different in front of a computer than face-to-face with people.

I don't really like talking much in real-life,not that I'm grumpy or anything,but when it comes to online.....Well I just feel like a different person completely. I find it more hard to talk to people in real-life,I find it easier over the net.

im the same online as i am in real life when im with friends whom ive known for years. I feel comfortable around them so its easier to be me. Theres nothing really holding me back when im online and talking to people i dont know since i can choose to erase them from my life whenever i want.

I tend to be a bit more outgoing online than offline, but I guess that is mostly due to the fact that I have the luxury to sit and think about what I'm typing when I'm at a computer, whilst in face to face encounters I generally don't have that much time to build up the confidence to say what I want to say.

That only really applies in group situations, though. If I'm with people I know then I'm quite outgoing. Same applies to one to one contact - I could meet someone for the first time and be comfortable around them so long as we saw eye to eye.

I'm the same.

I'm a wacky half-mad pervert who doesn't quite enjoy anything as much as unintended sexual innuendo. And I'm also just as loud and out of control. I'm also extremely random both online and offline.

God help the people who deal with me in either instance. :wacky:

Well in real life im a little bit too shy for my own good -__-

But when it comes to online etc. I am a completly different person due to the fact that I can choose not to talk to certain people etc. and also due to the fact that I seem to be able to make friends easier online than IRL.

.FTR.

Hrrrrm I think I am kind of similar, I am a little more outgoing on the net than I am in real life, but i still find it hard on and off the net to make friends.
I am blunt on and off the net and I don't usually care what I say to people so I am the same in that way too. :)

Im much different in RL I dont have to be nice to people and im not.
If your stupid and I think you are I show it and verbalize it.
Im also a "facemaker" whatever emotions I feel tend to flutter easily on my face wich I think helps when telling someone how vile you find them to be.
So in my case im very different. The easiest part is in RL you dont have to follow rules and can tell people exactly what you think of them:D (That I only did in my early internet life being as I new to many people who wouldnt ban me but nowadays eh..)

I think we are all different IRL than we are online.

Its so much easier to talk online than it is IRL because you don't face the Idiosyncracies that you do when you are talking with someone face to face...like is this person in a really bad mood, are they generally unsociable people and you can pick up on that in conversation with them, and etc... We are so used to talking with people on a day-to-day basis we probably really don't overthink all of the complexities that are involved in our day-to-day interactions with people.

For me really, I know I'm not the same person IRL than I am here on the net. I think I'm pretty bubbly here on the net, but I am not initially like that IRL. I'm pretty quiet at first with people and it takes me a good while to be able to trust them enough to start opening up to them. I don't think I'm the most sociable person out there either...I don't seek a whole lot of people out for friendship. I prefer a quieter life and while I do have friends, I just don't hang out with them on a constant basis and I don't require a high level of interaction with them to be able to meet my socialization needs :lew: I am pretty bubbly though when you get to know me. People say I have a really bright personality and I prefer to keep things more upbeat than anything.

I am pretty much the exact same on and offline, bar one or two aesthetic aspects. I do not type in the same way I speak, I do pronounce words correctly, however certain colloquialisms and slang would be lost in translation across media. I am also even more handsome in real life, if that were even possible

Back