Online/Real Life - Different Personalities?

Warbsywoo

Hellodia.
Veteran
Gil
Are you totally different online (i.e. here) than you are in real life? I know for sure I'm somewhat different. I'm a lot more shy, serious (by a little), and sound a bit dumber than I am here...I think. >.>

The only time these two personalities merge into one online is when I talk serious. That's when my real persona shines through. :monster:

I'm a bit of a shy guy online. Maybe it's because of my language. I normally use taglish offline (mixture of english and tagalog or Filipino). I try to avoid debates as possible 'cause I might post sentences with grammatical errors in it. But when I'm offline, I'm a bit of a show off and I can also be an airhead at times XD

No Im the same really.........Im a lot more obnoxious IRL...........Im a prick actually:kinky:

But thats the nature of the Net aint it, its a veil of the the real world and we can be someone were are not or more of the type of person we really are? I like to think Im a better person because of my online experience.

When Im on FFF I tend to be nicer and friendlier than say FB, limited though it may be.

I wouldn't say I was any different. Looking at when I joined to now, it takes me a while to settle in to places/get to know folk, but when I do, that's it..well what you see is what you get - which applies to on and offline

Im not one of those wallflowers IRL that has to invent a whole new online persona. I'm junst me, it'd be too much like hard work trying to keep up an alter ego online.

I think afew members can vouch for me there as well :monster:

I think afew members can vouch for me there as well :monster:

The lady speaks the truth :gasp:

As for me, I think offline, I'm a bit quieter and shyer around people I don't know that well, while online I'm a bit more confident. I'd say I'm mostly the same though, I wouldn't lie about myself online - cause if you can't be yourself online, when you'll most likely never meet the people and can block them instantly, when can you be yourself?

I think I behave the same way. Although I'm more open and confident in real life compared to my online life. I suppose it has something to do with the fact that the internet is a vast place with people of different personalities, so you have to be a little careful with the stuff you say.

Online I’m able to be the real me simply because my mind works more efficiently, as I’m in the comfort of a computer chair. I therefore don’t have to worry about the social freeze I suffer from in real life.

As a result my personality may seem outwardly different, but in reality I’m the same guy underneath. I’m just not all that easy to talk to and can seem very dumb due to my mind simply not functioning and generating the right things / anything at all to say or sometimes even to think. That’s in the presence of others anyway.

So I wouldn’t say that the online me is a lie or a personality I have made up. I’d instead say that it is closer to the real me, and the real-life me is not like the online me only because of my inferiority as a terrible human being. :brooding:

I'm not quite as sharp in real life, although that is due to circumstances - eye contact, more of a hurry to reply, etc etc. I have time to think about what I'm going to say, so whatever I say online is more...comprehensive? More of a reflection of what I really think/feel, instead of something I've thrown together just so I don't look like a complete and utter moron for taking so long to say something? Unfortunately, my mouth doesn't have a backspace key, and I can't delete what I say.

I guess I'm quieter, as well - I don't often speak unless I'm spoken to, unless I have a question. Online, its difficult to shut me up in a conversation once I get going. Offline...really, talking to me is about as productive as talking to a wall. Online, I love talking to people. In real life, I'd prefer it if they just left me the hell alone.

Other people are so judgemental in real life, so I tend to avoid them as much as I can. People are a lot more accepting on the internet, so I'm more myself. Not sure if that is a good thing or not, but...there we are. xD

I'm more outgoing online. In real life, I'm usually pretty quiet unless I'm around close friends. Also close friends are the only ones who see my evil side for anyone who knows that that means ;)

I probably express my opinion online much more in real life. I don't typically like confrontation in real life so I usually keep my thoughts to myself.

I probably express my opinion online much more in real life. I don't typically like confrontation in real life so I usually keep my thoughts to myself.

Same. I prefer to compromise more like I do online. :hmmm:
Knowing when to shut up usually gets you places, to be honest.

I'm about the same for both online and real life personalities. However, I do think that I may be a bit more social online because it would be strange for me to walk up to someone I don't know and make a random conversation in real life.

I'm about the same on here as I am in real life. Maybe a little more obnoxious though, seeing as how it's in real life instead of text on a website. The only thing is, I'll probably be a little quiet for the first little while, then after about 10 minutes, I open up to the asshole that you shit sticks all know and love. :griin:

I'm the same both online and real life. A few people know this. :kinky:

But I'm just as chatty either way and wouldn't want to be anyone else other than myself. Cheesy, but true.

Well, I'd say that the way I am on the internet and in person really aren't all that much different. Probably the 2 biggest differences are that I'm much more shy in person and I don't make as many crude jokes in person. I'm shy in person, but over time, I have come to being a little more talkative than I used to be. And once I get to know someone a little better and get past the shyness part, I can talk a person's ear off. :lew: As for the crude stuff, it's something that is more prone to make someone uncomfortable in person. I post stuff pretty loosely on here (as many of you know :ryan:), but I know reading it won't have nearly the effect of hearing it (and possibly seeing the expression on my face after throwing out the joke). So rest assured, I'm not nearly as pervy in person. :lew:

I'm more or less the same in person as I am on here, considering I'm usually pretty quiet on here, just like I am in person. Probably the main difference is that I'm not as random reference-y in person as I am online. On here if I come out with an obscure reference and it bombs, it just fades into the interwebz. In real life, I look like an idiot. Y no me gusta.

But other than that, yeah, pretty much the same.

I don't typically pay too much attention and make comparison to how I am in real life versus how I am online. I can't exactly say I'm a lot more shy or moody in real life than online, vice versa, because these things varies by each given situation. Yes I am a shy person in general, both online and offline, but I am also very outgoing and a chatterbox in real life and online. It really all depends with the people I'm surrounded with and the situation I'm in. When it calls for a serious discussion, I'll be serious. If appropriate, I'll try to crack a joke and fail hard, then laugh stupidly at myself. Expressing my thoughts will always be a compromise for me, both online and in real life. It's good to be very honest and state things how it is, but I need the right attitude for it and be thoughtful with how I deliver the message. So I guess in short, I have a pretty good balance with my personalities. I know when to shut up and stay quiet in real life and online, but then sometimes I'll be a bit more expressive with my views in real life, or vice versa. I can also be easily angered in real life, but when it comes to online, things that may tick people off usually don't phase me. I suppose you could say I just don't like to take things too seriously online in general.

I can't really put a definite finger on it since it varies from time to time.

Id say I contact people in a more outgoing way when I'm online. Other than that I'm pretty much the same online as I am offline. I have the same awkwardness and I like to be immature at times. I think I also like to get into more things online than I do in real life. I tend to be more of a showoff I guess online. IRL I'm pretty shy when it comes to standing out in a big crowd and I avoid the spotlight most of the time.

I am the same, albeit for one thing. On here I tend to just stop debating when the other person fails to listen, takes things out of context, or makes things up. In real life I wouldn't put up with that. Here it is easier to just move on (and literally never look back) at some point.

I don't really notice a difference how I am offline than how I am online. Online I think I still act the same on how I would offline. I mean of course I'm a little more loud and outgoing offline, but the internet limits me in that aspect, though most people can still get the feel of what I am really like through videos, since I still act like myself. When making them, I make them online and it's like taking to a fake audience which helps me feel more like myself and give others a feel of what I'm really like.

I've notice I tend to be a lot nicer online. I don't know maybe because when I get frustrated or mad, online people can't see my reaction so I have the ability to take my frustration out physically and verbally without anyone actually being able to see. After venting out steam, I've had a minute to calm down and actually be nice about it. For me that's probably the only difference people would notice on me from my personality online or offline

I am exactly the same online as in IRL however I can express myself way better irl..its hard to put my believes across people on the internet cause it might sound confusing, but IRL I bet you I could convince anyone of my believes and always compromise better.

I hate people that are fake and lying a lot.. and If I come across people online that are not acting the same way IRL I think thats a bit pathetic..

I am mainly talking about people that act like HotShots online but dont mean shit IRL..it ticks me off. (ffx13.com for example..that forum exists only off douchebag nerds)

Also because English is not my native language..thats why its hard for me to express myself online.

Back