Moogle Murder Mystery II - Game Thread

Soulcorruptor

The corruptor of your soul
Veteran
Gil
Gold Points
Community Tokens
Taking the note with him Raptorbo goes to old fossil beach to talk with Old Pommy, showing him the note as well as reading it to him Raptorbo explains he would like to see McHank's murderer brought to justice and urges Pommy to tell him everything he knows of the pirates, the people of the beach, and who he suspects to have the means and reason to murder McHank.

Linnaete

~ J U S T - M O N I K A ~
Staff member
Editorial Staff
Veteran
Gil
Gold Points
Community Tokens
Perhaps the trauma of the day has finally made its way to Cluckbeak's brain, because the man is now about to display behaviour that is wholly out of character and ill-befitting of his proud, secretly cowardly self. He is now prepared to storm the enemy's fortress once again, this time to reclaim from their clutches that broken, bloodied harpoon that presumably belongs to the former Karl Abos. He knows Kuporge is obviously lying out of his rotted, scurvy-ridden teeth and is doing a particularly poor job of disguising his past. What other former sailor Moogle is there with a disturbing obsession with his massive, long harpoon with a shaft that thick and sturdy?

"Sir, it may alarm you to hear this news, but I do know where your beloved harpoon weapon is. It has inexplicably ended up inside a treasure chest on a bed of pilfered gold atop the tree in the middle of this town and guarded heavily by NUTS members. The factionalism within the Confederacy must have been severe enough to allow a band of lunatics to steal a hefty collection of ill-gotten gains and your harpoon like that.

If I reclaim the harpoon from the clutches of evil and return it to its rightful owner, I command you to be upfront and truthful to me for once. You will do my every bidding. Every pertinent secret you know. Every morsel of relevant backstory and context. Anything to fashion in me a reasonable enough sequence of events surrounding this town that can possibly lead me to identify the true culprit behind these vicious murders."

Without even stopping to see if Kuporge even agrees to the bargain, Cluckbeak marches gallantly off to the north end of town, armed and ready with nothing but a few lodged splinters in this feathers. From the ashes of humiliation come the flames of rebirth; he is now poised and ready than ever to settle this matter once and for all.

Just as he is about to turn a corner from the main beach to head north, he is met with the sinister presence of a masked NUTS member. Whether this is an ambush or not, Cluckbeak is not about to allow one man to impede him. He grits his beak and tears out one particularly nasty splinter from his feathers. Wielding it like the world's worst shiv, he jams it into the cultist's stomach and shoves him aside. The path is now open for him to continue his northward march.

Charging straight into the Great White Kuponut Tree interior, he quickly stops to grab a few acorns lying around by the entrance. With the uncharacteristic swiftness of a ninja, he pelts three in quick succession at Gerry Adams - and only at Gerry Adams. That filthy nationalist wanker deserves three times the pain today.

Ignoring the other two NUTS members hanging out with Gerry (it wouldn't be the first time that man hangs around with terrorists!), Cluckbeak marches to the the stairs to the room above where the chest resides...

Ilyena

The mighty arms of Atlas
Staff member
Administrator
Veteran
Gil
Gold Points
Community Tokens
The more I learn about Captain Annie, the more suspicious she seems. I really would like to hear Captain Scherwiz's side of the story. Fake Zazu lands on one of the pirates shoulders. "I believe you. Annie is very likely guilty and my companions and I would like to see justice done. I think Captain Scherwiz can help us but I'd need to speak with her. Just think, if we bring Captain Annie in, it will go a long way towards avenging your captain."

Dionysos

Βρεκεκεκὲξ κοὰξ κοάξ
Staff member
Administrator
Veteran
Gil
Gold Points
Community Tokens
Round 24:
Maps:
Click the maps to enlarge. For the clearest image open in a new tab.

Main Beach:
Map Whitnut Beach - Round 24.png

Fish N' Chips:
Fish N Chip Shop - Round 24.png

Old Pommy’s Cottage:
Old Pommy's Cottage - Round 24.png

More Open Sea…:
More Open Sea - Round 24.png

'Nippynut's Nudist Beach':
Nippynuts Beach - Round 24.png

Sultry Siren:
Sultry Siren - Round 24.png

Upper Town:
Upper Town - Round 24i.png

Great White Kuponut Tree:
Great White Kuponut Tree - Round 24.png

Great White Kuponut Tree (first floor):
Great White Kuponut Tree Floor 2- Round 24.png

Great White Kuponut Tree Boughs:
Great White Kuponut Tree Floor Boughs - Round 24.png

Fossil Beach:
Fossil Beach - Round 24.png

Fossil Club:
Fossil Club - Round 24.png

-
Particulars:

OG Angry Bird's moogle doll and pirate posse threateningly raid Fish N' Chips to accuse Arnut 'Chipper' Keelpom of not keeping his cutlass clean...

OG Angry Bird - Round 24a.png

Arnut 'Chipper' Keelpom meeps the following:

Me sword! I know th’ code, kupo! Don’t know how got blood on it. I lost it not long ago me swear! I turned around t' pack a fish an' me cutlass be gone, kupo! I always keep mine cutlasses clean! I use ‘em wit’ me fish too so they ne’er dirty for that, kupo!
Come on, you fairy-lookin' walrus waffle! Can I have me sword back now, please? Don’t tell Annie it is dirty, me swear it weren’t me, kupo! Arrr!
Meanwhile OG Angry Bird examines McHank's body to check for stab wounds.

OG Angry Bird - Round 24b.png

He notices that there is indeed a stab wound around his abs!

OG Angry Bird - Round 24bi.png

Turning Furaway over, it is clear that the sword had been run all the way through the body.

His pockets, if they were ever full, have since been picked.

Camera activities:
OG Angry Bird snapped this photograph during this turn:
OG Angry Bird - Round 24c.png

-

Raptorbo takes the note discovered in Old Pommy's Cottage and presents it to Old Pommy on the Fossil Beach. Raptorbo reads it aloud, slowly, to ensure that Old Pommy can understand.

Raptorbo - Round 24.png

Old Pommy scrunches up his face and sticks out his tongue. He then attempts to speak five times, taking minutes before finally coming out with the following.

Y-Y-Y-Y-Y-YO.... YOUUuuu BEEN IN MY HOUSEeee, KUPOOooo? HEH! *cough* MY BIRDS! MY LOVELY BIRDSsss! THOSEeee PIRATES LOVE THEM, KUPOOOoooo.... THEY ALWAYS WANT TO USE THEM TO DIG FOR GOOOoooLLDDddd! *cough* BUT SOME OF MY FAVOURITESsss WERE THEMSELVES HANGEDddd... AH! NO MORE! I WANT NO MORE TO DO WITH ITttt, KUPOOoooo! LEAVE ME ALONE, PIRATESsss! MY BIRDS WANT TO BE HAPPY HERE WITH MEeee!
FURAWAY... WARNING ME??? AACK! MY HEAD HURTSsss! LEAVE ME! SHOO, KUPOOOooooo! I CAN HANDLE MYSELFfff!
FATHER POMPOUS HAS MY BACKkkk!
-

Count Cluckbeak pledges to Kuporge that he shall retrieve the broken harpoon from the Great White Kuponut Tree chest.... He sets off on his mission, a chicken of action.

Gritting his teeth, Cluckbeak plucks a splinter from his feathers to use as a deadly weapon...

Cluckbeak - Round 24a.png

Spying an unsuspecting NUTS member, the crazed chicken aristocrat-turned-warrior shanks him in the stomach!

Cluckbeak - Round 24b.png

Cluckbeak - Round 24c.png

Nearing his mission objective, Cluckbeak picks up three kuponuts from the Great White Kuponut Tree's sacred store and throws them at Gerry Adams... Entirely for his own amusement!

Cluckbeak - Round 24d.png

Finally, the Feathered Fury snatches the broken harpoon and tears the two pieces from its rope.

Cluckbeak - Round 24e.png

The broken harpoon has now been added to Cluckbeak's inventory.

-

Maybe the knock to the head affected Gerry Adams. Maybe he was inspired by Ruff 'Chops' Hugwood's inspirational speech. Maybe things were just going this way... Regardless of the why, Gerry Adams decides to stip off naked and run about the tree house.

Gerry Adams - Round 24a.png

Ruff has the following to say before heading out of the treehouse.

That's the spirit, kupo! See, Fura? You were right! There is another way! "Lift nuts, not grenades!" - How is that for a new slogan for NUTS, Fura? Kupo! Let's show them!

Oh... And little naked man? Father Pompous is untrustworthy, you are right about that, kupo.... Maybe showing him your blessed bareness will get him talking? He he!
Meanwhile, Gerry's pocket moth has been a bit naughty. Admiring the lit sacred lamp in the boughs of the tree, the moth has accidentally broken the rope!

Gerry Adams - Round 24b.png

The lamp has fallen down and started a fire at the base of the tree...

-

Fake Zazu attempts to persuade Faris' crew to let him speak to Captain Faris herself....

Just as the two purple pirates are about to draw out their cutlasses and skewer their presumptuous guest, Captain Faris steps out of the captain's cabin.

Tobias - Round 24i.png

Captain Scherwiz has the following to say:
Arrrr! It be okay, lads! Stand down! I'm all dressed and fit fer duty once more! By the feathers of Sally Seagull, ye'd make a fine companion at sea m'boy! Fancy joinin' me crew when we're done?
That's if we ever get this ship movin' again... It's probably for th' best that th' others don't see her... She were sunk! Forget what Annie and th' Confederacy would have ye believe. I did not hide treasure from 'em! Davy Jones took it all! We barely survived to tell th' tale! Most strangely,
th' ship itself has risen from th' depths to sail once more. It is currently inoperable, but in surprisingly good condition considering everythin'. I know there be a spirit watchin' o'er me. McHank knew it!

-

You may all now post your final moves!

That's right.... These next moves are your FINAL moves. Make them count!

@Soulcorruptor @Linnaete @Ilyena @Paddy McGee @sly

Last edited:

Soulcorruptor

The corruptor of your soul
Veteran
Gil
Gold Points
Community Tokens
Raptorbo taking the same note now decides to confront the father, which he reveals that Old Pommy has given him up and named him as an accomplice demands to know answers or he will pluck at the father gut and eat his entrails.

Last edited:
Top Bottom