Last Manga You Read

Finished another reread of One Piece all the way to volume 56. It's really quite amazing just how much the story and characters develop over that span of time. It's really not noticeable from chapter to chapter, but when you look between the beginning and where the story is now, it's rather startling.

My Boyfriend just bought me the box set of Fruits Basket Manga!! So I am currently reading through them. I have never actually read all the fruits basket manga before so I am so excited to be able to do so now!

I have just finished book 8!

Decided to reread Ares because it's ages since any new chapters have been released, due to its being manwha and thus not cared about. It's even more excellent on the second read through, though the twist is obviously not nearly as shocking, not to mention I forgot how in love I am with the art. Definitely going to check out Nephilim John considering it's by the same guy, and actually complete and scanlated.

Really(and I mean REALLY) wierd manga(but in a good way)

The last manga I read was Uzumaki by Junji Ito.(Published by Viz Media)

The basic premise of the manga goes like this.

There is this small (and i think fictional) town in Japan called Kurôzu-cho.

The town's people slowly become obsessed with spirals/spiral shaped objects, and how they become crazy over them.

Some of the characters in the story become so "into" spirals that they actually twist themselves into a spiral before they die.

When 2 of the characters in the story die they get cremated, and when the smoke comes out of the chimney of the cremation chamber the smoke turns into a spiral and their face is kinda transposed into the smoke.

Really twisted story but you gotta check it out if you are a fan of horror manga. (I enjoyed it) I give it a 8/10 because of the plot but the character designs and the artwork in the manga is some of the best I have seen.

One Piece - 629
This is by far the best manga I've ever read, with Air Gear in second place. Anyway, the arc is getting interesting now, and so far I've had many questions waiting to be answered, the pacing was pretty good, until like this chapter, this one didn't cover much, which made me quite sad. :(

Bleach - 453
Getting more ridiculous, it was obvious what was Tsuki's ability since ages. -.- Ichigo's new look is utterly ridiculous, pacing is so FUCKING SLOW! drag it on much longer, will you, Kubo? This is manga not anime... -.- You don't need to draw every single detail ffs, leave it to the animators when they animate it.

Only manga that I'm currently reading: D. Gray-Man.
I dunno, I used to read like 3 or 4 series at once, but I'm a little off from the manga thiny lately, besides DGM still drags me, cause it just becomes better and better.
So far they seem those old days when I used to get excited about Bleach and Naruto, whose plots just lost my interest... I don't even like them anymore.

I was also reading Gantz and DOGS and Soul Eater, but I haven't lately. I should go back and check them how are they doing...

Though DGM has gone on hiatus last month (and it had several hiatuses back then), I'm always anticipating with enthusiasm each upcoming chapter. DGM 206: i'm coming for you!

I read the first book of Maison Ikkoku last night, which is by the author of InuYasha. It was alright, but I don't feel compelled to go out and buy further volumes. :( The art style is nice, but I think the story now echoes so many stories of the same genre - useless teen meets an older and incredibly beautiful girl, falls in love and tries to win her heart, whilst embarrassing himself and being teased by his friends. :lew:

I read the first book of Maison Ikkoku last night, which is by the author of InuYasha. It was alright, but I don't feel compelled to go out and buy further volumes. :( The art style is nice, but I think the story now echoes so many stories of the same genre - useless teen meets an older and incredibly beautiful girl, falls in love and tries to win her heart, whilst embarrassing himself and being teased by his friends. :lew:

Maison Ikokku is easily the best series Takahashi has done, partially as she doesn't run the premise into the ground. It's a lovely manga, and there's far more to it than what you say.

Last manga I read was Twin Spica 10, another sweet volume with an ending I knew was coming, but which was still very sad. I love the interactions between the main characters.

Bleach - Chapter 477
So, this arc is finished and still Bleach is fking awful... This chapter could have been done in 6 pages AT MOST, I love how he drags it, don't have any ideas? Just end it already, even the scene at the end was a very fail cliched scene.

Naruto
- Chapter 567
At least it's progressing, I want to see what changed the Kyuubi went through, I loved the Kyuubei - Naruto relationship and finally I'm see a development, good chapter overall but still not excellent.

Bakuman - Chapter 159
Although, it's dragged but it still amuses me every week, I don't like the anime but the manga is REALLY good, I love it so far. :>

Barefoot Gen

It's a rather depressing look at the aftermath of the bombing of Hiroshima in 1945. The story follows the struggles of a young boy named Gen. It's a very good manga, but be warned; you will cry.

The Breaker, New Waves - Chapter 58

I never realized it before, but a lot of manga seems to recycle the same subplots and storylines. Things may get tedious and predictable, but I'll probably keep reading, anyway. :grin:

The last manga I read was Air Gear. I read chapters 1-16 and there is a total of 345 right now, so I will be spending a good bit of time on it. I really like it so far. When I'm done with it I will probably start on the High School of the Dead :hmmm:

"Iris Zero"

A really good manga. I was really surprised just how good it was. It's a school-days kind of manga with a bit of a twist. Iris is a special power that individuals get when they are born, allowing them to 'see' strange things. Each person born with an Iris sees something unique only to them. Though Iris was once a rarity, it has now become common for children to have it, resulting in children who -don't- have it being called an 'Iris Zero' and being bullied/tortured. Toru, an Iris Zero, tries to live his life with the motto of 'Minimum Exposure,' opting to never stand in the spotlight and act nonexistent. However, strange occurrences begin to happen, and slowly the people around him realize that, despite the Irises allowing them to see unique things, Toru has an ability they could never have; the ability to see reality as it is.

It's a great story. I'm literally baffled just how good it is.

I read a manga created by my friend, Carly, from my art classes. Her family is from Japan and she has been teaching me about Japanese culture.

She's an extremely good artist, but is too shy to go and talk to an OEL manga publishing company for fear of rejection due to her age and personal insecurities.

But, I love her manga; with 13 chapters written so far, she's only let me see them. However, she has yet to come up with a title ^^;

Air Gear was my last 1... i had to read through the series so i could catch up to the manga... watched the tv show but it was nothing compare to the manga

Back