Anime Last Anime You Watched

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last anime I watched was Psycho-Pass, and it is gets better with every new episode posted! Anyway, I'm really enjoying the storyline because I find it really enticing and creative. All the characters are ver unique in their own ways, which makes them really well-written. Also, I really love the music in the anime too~

The last anime I finish was Soul Eater but as I type this im watching FMA: Brotherhood, about halfway through it now and I started yesterday.... Help me

I'm currently watching through 'Fairy Tail' It's quite fun so far.
I'm not usually a very big anime watcher but every now and again I get in the mood to watch something so I picked up the first DVD in the store. It's only got 12 episodes on it which is kinda sad because I'm enjoying it and I've already seen 6 of them haha.

It's got that one piece feel to it, i guess because it's made by the same people but I am enjoying this more. It's very funny.
Unfortunately I accidentally started to watch it in english and was too lazy to swap the audio and am now used to the english voices, i bet they would have sounded better in Japanese...the VA in English is a little bad haha

I just finished watching the Broken Blade anime adaptions(Yes, six, hour long films in one night...I gotta get more shit to do) and, I was just amazed by it.

The Break/Broken(Interchangable) Blade manga has always been one of my favourites. The character set is one you can actually feel for, you can actually like. The protagonist himself is one of the best I've read in Manga.

Story and genre wise,Broken Blade takes place on a Barren continent where our conventional fossil fuels cannot be mined, during a warring time period between Athens(The invading nation) and our protagonists home of Krisna/Krishna(I've seen both).

It follows Rygart Arrow- a young man who cannot use magic, the fuel source of this world- , his activation of an ancient Golem(The series title for mechas), and his journey during this war.

...Sounds very Gundam-esque, eh? Well, it is...But imagine Mobile Suit Gundam mixed with a fantasy manga, and you get Broken Blade(At least, imo). Because of this(and the nature of one particular Golem) the battle scenes are general more close combat. Projectiles are used quite a lot, but do get given a back seat. It isn't a mess of suits though: Each suit is clearly marked by colour, so no real confusion as to who's fighting(Unlike the black and white manga)

Anyway, the Anime adaption certainly lives up to the mangas reputation. The action sequences are astonishing, the story flows extremely well(Obviously, it had the usual anime filler additions and edits, Ep.5 being the standout changer) and the script isn't cheesy in the anime sort of way(Even in the dubs, I get the cheese).

Character wise, the core set are great, and the connections are quite fluid and realistic...But the anime does cut down on some of the more deep development- with two particular(Or more, the two I can recall) characters roles and fates changed.

This can be forgiven, as they did try to fit whole VOLUMES of the manga into each hour long film

Certainly, I would recommend Break/Broken Blade for any person to watch as both a stand alone, and an extra to the manga. Though, I would suggest reading the manga first- I wouldn't have enjoyed it half as much as I did.

So, star rating: *********/10.

Great watch and interesting battle sequences.

The manga is still going, so I would suggest giving that a bash too.

...That lasted way too long:wacky:

Anime link: http://www.animefreak.tv/watch/break-blade-online

Manga link: http://mangafox.me/manga/break_blade/

I'm going through a phase lmfao I cant get enough of anime even though I've never really been a big fan of it in the past (not counting DBZ or Studio Ghibli) Though One Anime i've loved since I was younger was Fruits Basket and I recently bought the DVD collection :D So last night I started to watch that and it's just as lovely as I remember. Such a sweet cartoon!

One thing that has me bothered though is the subtitles are a little... shit. Sound effect subtitles will appear over the top of character dialect subtitles which is a bother :(

Otherwise I'm enjoying watching this all over again :D

I finished say I love you on the newly discovered chruncyroll, the series was great and had some very touching moments in it, I really liked the episode before last with the summer festival, that was very cute :), it only a 13 episode series soo I was sad it ended soo quickly

I'm now starting on sword arts online, the first 2 episodes were intresting, and I like the main character in it, Kirito I think it spelt, the girl asura who was introduced in episode 2 seems interesting too. defo going to try and carry on watching it

I just watched all 25 episodes of Sword Art Online which I thought was pretty good actually, I loved the main character development but there was areas which were rushed a bit. Overall I would recommend it to anyone who loves fantasy anime let alone one that is based off of an MMO like concept.

I'm rewatching the first season of the english dub of Yu-Gi-Ho atm, currently in the zombie dual with joey, I forgot how fun it was

after that i'm going to start catching up on the spring lineup, starting with crime edge, and finishing up mairi nikki

I did a 6 hour spree last night and finished Mirai Nikki, the last 6 to 7 episodes was a complete mind fuck, some of the later reveals (I will avoid spoilers) were like "Is this even possible o_O"

Currently watching Fairy tail. Plus an ton of airing anime. After wards I plan to watch One Piece and Naruto Shippuden.

Watching Futari Wa Pretty Cure Splash Star at the moment...eh, it's alright. Moerumba was a fantastic villain. The outfits are horrendous, though...especially Cure Bloom/Cure Bright. Poor Saki. But it's just something for me to watch in the morning before I go to work; I'm not really finding it as entertaining as I did previous seasons. Almost finished it now, then I'll move on to something else.

I've been keeping up with Valvrave the Liberator as well, but without much enthusiasm. I really don't care for Sunrise. It's weird enough to keep me interested for the moment, though.

The last anime that I watched was Bleach. I can't remember the episode number but I still have a few episodes left to watch from that series. I'm going to start watch the rest of the episodes tonight and see what is going to happened after the Espadas. Can't wait to see some more action fights with the captains.

Rewatching Initial D 4th stage for the umpteenth time. Still my favorite anime after all these years.

I finished Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet today, I really enjoyed, defo the last few episodes, I loved the twist from episode 10

i'm now working on sword arts online, just finished episode 9 and OMG TOOOO GUD

Started watching a old Anime called FLNL, it a pretty crazy one about a junior school student, a highschool student and a crazy alien girl, a super funny watch so far

Caught up in my episodes of Saint Seiya Omega and High School DxD. by far some of my favorite series currently running in Japan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back