Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster - March 18th Countdown and Celebration!

Could you call Game and ask them? (Was it Game?) I mean, it might save you a trip at least if you can get an answer out of them.

I got mine out of the catelogue. It's meant to arrive on Friday. Some time between 8am and 10pm. They usually come around lunchtime when I order from them. I hope it doesn't arrive at ten to ten at night or something...

I asked a friend who works there and he said i'd have to wait until release day if it arrives early but should then be able to trade it for Vita assuming it's unopened & w/ receipt.

Just checked again as I had a quick video meeting.

The game is now available to download for PS3.

I however will not be playing it any time soon.

For those who have it and have started playing, give us your impressions.

What do you like and not like about this HD Remaster?

If this is your first time playing this entry, what do you think?

Don't have the game yet but after watching a live stream of it for a while I have to say my interest jumped about 100x. Might pick it up sometime this week, as I work next door to GameStop. It's not a mindblowing upgrade and I wasn't expecting it to be, but it really is a lot nicer than I gathered from the previews. It's still going to feel outdated to anyone who hasn't played the original, but everything I saw looked and sounded really great for a PS2 game. I'm especially a fan of the redesigned menus--wasn't expecting SE to be so thorough there. So yeah, secondhand impressions are definitely favorable (y)

I agree Kirito. Thumbs up for sure. Mind blowing would be a complete remake of the game though I felt it wasn't needed. They could of done even more granted but it's enough. As a download for PS3 it's already around 20GB. If they would have done more that would have increased. While those who aren't used to PS2 era or earlier graphics the game-play is great and holds up for those those that like this style of game-play. I hope that people enjoy the game-play that haven't played before.

1 more day until the game releases in Australia!!!!

2 more days until the game releases in Europe!!!

Since I am not from those territories I will not be making any accent jokes or sayings, even though my heritage is of European decent. Mainly German, French, and English.

If I wasn't buying a much needed new car this week I would be buying this. I plan on picking it up as soon as my taxes get back because I never gave it a chance. I always had this close minded idea that nothing could touch 6 or 7. While those will always hold a special place to me but after falling in love with 9 recently (actually i like it better than 7) i learned that i need to give X a fair shot. When i played it years ago i never gave it the chance it probably deserves. So as soon as i get the money I'm excited to say I will be experiencing this for the first time!!

Ah! Where I am right now (UK) it's technically released tomorrow. If it arrives on the release day, I'll be able to play my beloved tomorrow!

So would I... But I may have to wait cause otherwise I won't be able to trade it in for vita. I'm still deciding what to do

So would I... But I may have to wait cause otherwise I won't be able to trade it in for vita. I'm still deciding what to do

CAN YOU DECIDE ALREADY?! :rage:

Just kidding. This is coming from one of the most indecisive people around. :britt:

I'd say stick with the PS3 version, but I'm biased obviously 'cause that's what I ended up doing. Plus I like the LE cover. :3

CAN YOU DECIDE ALREADY?! :rage:

Just kidding. This is coming from one of the most indecisive people around. :britt:

I'd say stick with the PS3 version, but I'm biased obviously 'cause that's what I ended up doing. Plus I like the LE cover. :3

:sad3: sorry Chanty.. Nah I am being a bit monobear about the whole situation (was that his old username..?).. So I apologise. I think if it comes early I'll stick with PS3 but if it arrives on the day I might trade it in..

And me I thought the SE was just a box and not a cover?!

:sad3: sorry Chanty.. Nah I am being a bit monobear about the whole situation (was that his old username..?).. So I apologise. I think if it comes early I'll stick with PS3 but if it arrives on the day I might trade it in..

And me I thought the SE was just a box and not a cover?!

Alright, fine - it's just a pretty box and the art book is pretty thin and small...

NO REGERTS! :rage:

(anyone who gets the reference gets a Scooby snack. and no, that isn't a hint)

ouch. What are you trying to say?

I work nights, and our nearest 'GAME' store is the next town along so is a 40 minute return drive..

Im out of the house every day.. Why?

Lol! I'm not asking that sarcastically.

But in that case I'd go with the Vita, purely because you can take that anywhere and even extend play time if you sneak a charger into work. I don't go out much at all, I'm holding my chin up for an apprenticeship I applied for on Sunday, but as of right now I don't get out much. So the PS3 version would take up most of my time.

Lol! I'm not asking that sarcastically.

But in that case I'd go with the Vita, purely because you can take that anywhere and even extend play time if you sneak a charger into work. I don't go out much at all, I'm holding my chin up for an apprenticeship I applied for on Sunday, but as of right now I don't get out much. So the PS3 version would take up most of my time.

Ohhh I see. I can sneak a charger in to work no issue but, waiting that extra day after the game arrived is going to suck

If I wasn't buying a much needed new car this week I would be buying this. I plan on picking it up as soon as my taxes get back because I never gave it a chance. I always had this close minded idea that nothing could touch 6 or 7. While those will always hold a special place to me but after falling in love with 9 recently (actually i like it better than 7) i learned that i need to give X a fair shot. When i played it years ago i never gave it the chance it probably deserves. So as soon as i get the money I'm excited to say I will be experiencing this for the first time!!

I hope you have fun with it. I envy you experiencing it for the first time. While I'm not really playing it just yet as I'm going through IV, V, and VI for the first time, I did start playing the beginning of the game up until Besaid. I'm glad you are falling in love with IX. It is my favorite of the series. While some things in X I didn't like such as the voice acting and no traversal map the game was enjoyable for it's game-play and it was a lot better than the XIII games. The graphical and audio upgrade is really good and it's worth it. Also good luck with a new or newer vehicle.

I can see your having difficulty deciding on what version to get. The install size for the PS3 is around 20 or 23GB I believe which contain both games. The Vita total for both games is about half that or around 8GB for both games. Those aren't the exact numbers but that's close enough. The point of the Vita is that you can play the game anywhere as the PS3 version takes advantage of the HD upgrade as it was meant to be viewed on a large screen in 1080p. If you can't decide and can't get both right away I would get the PS3 edition first. That way you can enjoy the graphical update as well as the audio if you have good speakers or good headphones through usb or optical. The main sequence's of the game could be played on PS3 while doing battles/grinding or other menial tasks on the Vita. For entertainment purposes of the graphical and audio upgrade which is the only reason to get it for PS3 unless it's just the fact that it's the international version for North America. While you might want both if you just get the Vita now you'll wish you got the PS3 version to enjoy it on the big screen and it looks better on a nice HD TV or HD monitor if you have one. Since your gut is tied to both get the PS3 version now to enjoy in all it's splendor as you can always get the Vita version later if you wish.

I will go ahead and announce that Final Fantasy has already released in Australia!!!!
It's already a day ahead there from here in North America.

We are down to the last day for Europe!!!

1 more day until Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster releases
in Europe!!!!!!

I will be sleeping.

I could look up the current time for Europe but I'm feeling lazy.

Back