Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster - March 18th Countdown and Celebration!

spoonyrogdrumps

Blue Mage
Gil
Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster - March 18th and 21st Countdown and Celebration!

Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster Official Countdown for March 18th and 21st!

This Thread is a countdown and celebration of the soon to release HD Remaster of Final Fantasy X and X-2.
Much is already known about the update:

-The resolution has been updated to 1080p 16:9
-Many textures have been revamped such as maps and character models, shadow detail, and enhanced pre-rendered movies
-The musical score has been updated from MIDI by the help of the great Nobou Uematsu himself!
-This is the international release which North America has not had a chance to experience yet which includes Dark Aeons,
a new Sphere Grid option, new optional bosses, new abilities, adds new dress spheres, a Creature Creator system, Coliseum, and a new dungeon: Iutycyr Tower

-Both games will get improved voice audio and have around 60 tracks remastered
-There will be a 30 minute audio narrative added to X-2

That's a good overhaul!

The time of this thread being posted is around 12:00 am Central Standard Time in North America.
Adjust your time where you live accordingly.
This section will not just be a countdown thread, but a place to come and share your thoughts on the HD Remaster.
-What are you looking forward to and what you aren't?
-What will you be doing on March 18th and 21st and do you plan to purchase and on what format - physical media, download, or vita?
-Share artwork of Final Fantasy X of your own
-Talk about your favorite Final Fantasy X moments, characters and how they impacted you
-If you cried like a baby (you know which scenes) Admit it now! I know I did.
-If you post a spoiler please be courteous to those who haven't played yet and follow the rules. Don't ruin the experience for them.

Each day I will try to chime in and count the days till March 18th and 21st

When March 18th and 21st comes and for those of you purchasing share your videos and pics of purchase of the physical media or download taking place.
Do not post pictures or videos of receipts. Please use common sense.
Respect each other and no trolling

For those interested in listening to the updated musical score for X, here it is:

:toldies:Let the countdown and celebration begin!!:toldies:

Last edited:
11 days until the release of Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster for Central Standard Time in North America!!

I am looking forward to X but wishing Square would let us have the option to just purchase X as I will be deleting X-2 as I am getting the downloaded version.

Can't Wait!!!

I'm not one for pre-orders but I might pre-order this game in the hope that they send it out early like they do with some titles :mokken:

Honestly, the wait has been a pain in the ass though. Why did they announce it so early and what's taken so long?! :rage:

Why did they announce it so early and what's taken so long?! :rage:

I agree it's taken a while. Japan had it this past fall. It could have been worse as other games have taken even longer to export from Japan. I'm just grateful for the amount of work done on this classic title. I'm also hoping sales will top that of the XIII series
combined. Wagers anyone...

If you pre-order the game at all I would choose Amazon. Their shipping, service, and price is really good. They have day 1 release delivery for games.

I'm just downloading it day 1

mod edit: *posts merged*
Please refrain from posting consecutively within a short amount of time. Edit the existing post if you need to. Thank you :)

Thanks for the edit. Sorry about that. Will do from now on

Last edited:
CANT WAIT!!!!

well except for Tidus and Yuna laughing... that CAN wait -.- lol
I wanna battle Penance and the Dark Aeons so bad, im going for 100% completion of first playthough!!

It is now 10 days!!! 10 days until the North American and surrounding territories for the game launch. European territories will not be released until March 21st. Europe now has 13 days!! 13 days until launch!! I have updated the countdown to include European territories and I apologize for not doing this sooner. Europe is just as important if not more.

Last edited:
This is going to be quite important for me. I've said many times in my posts that X is my favourite in the franchise and possibly my favourite game ever. When I was young, the game really touched my heart in a way I could never forget, and I've never quite gotten over it. When I originally played it, I hardly ever put it down. I would quite happily spend at least four hours on a night before school, just playing the story and identifying with the characters. And after I completed it, due to the ending, I wanted to start weeping every time I even thought about it, it was as if I just broke up with someone. When X-2 came out I was relieved and really excited that the story was going to continue, and even though it was cheesy and sexualised the characters a bit (didn't matter, thought Rikku was hot anyway), I enjoyed that just as much and the ending turned my tears into a sense of comfort.

Anyway, for me it'll be a big thing playing it again. But I don't know how to celebrate, given that I don't have any direct friends I can ask to hang out with who actually play the game.

This is going to be quite important for me. I've said many times in my posts that X is my favourite in the franchise and possibly my favourite game ever. When I was young, the game really touched my heart in a way I could never forget, and I've never quite gotten over it. When I originally played it, I hardly ever put it down. I would quite happily spend at least four hours on a night before school, just playing the story and identifying with the characters. And after I completed it, due to the ending, I wanted to start weeping every time I even thought about it, it was as if I just broke up with someone. When X-2 came out I was relieved and really excited that the story was going to continue, and even though it was cheesy and sexualised the characters a bit (didn't matter, thought Rikku was hot anyway), I enjoyed that just as much and the ending turned my tears into a sense of comfort.

Anyway, for me it'll be a big thing playing it again. But I don't know how to celebrate, given that I don't have any direct friends I can ask to hang out with who actually play the game.

Since it is has been Sunday in Europe for some hours now, it is only 12 more days until release for the European territories!!
North America and Canada are within the hour so I will announce it is only 9 days until release!!

To Jdeadevil:

Thank you for sharing. While IX was my favorite, and though I share a dislike for X-2 with others, and you and I have had our disagreements about it, I am with you in that celebration of this release. X was still a great Final Fantasy title to me. The story touched my heart, and the game-play was amazing! I cried too several times during my first play-through, and I'm a guy. It's no different than watching a sad movie or reading a good novel. The series is known for great storytelling and X was no different. Video games rarely meet this level of impacting people, especially emotionally. My brother enjoyed it but we don't talk much anymore and I have no direct friends to celebrate this game either. I'm thankful for the internet as there are a lot of us that have interests in video games, music, and the arts. Life can be cruel and we do things to survive and thrive...and these things help us realize there is still beautiful things that are created. You do have people to celebrate with. Blessings to you.

It is 11:57pm where I am. The days are drawing closer.

Only 8 more days until release in North America and Canada!! European territories now have only 11 days!!

Please note that I am aware I am not doing this on the exact time of your time zone. I am not a program with a ticker which would be a nice feature for forums and blogs. I believe there is a way to add a countdown ticker to my sig but I don't want to fuss with it.

Last edited:
I'm peeved that they are making an HD remake of X and not IX.

Common sense say that they would make a remake of the underdog, like how Nintendo did with Windwaker instead of Majora's Mask (though I'm actually quite disappointed it wasn't MM)

Besides the musical score, I don't see much else that is particularly grand about FFX HD. Even if I was among the thousands of big fans of FFX, I wouldn't be spending money to basically get an updated version of a game that already had good visuals and music.

When Square-Enix wants to get off their ass and do something meaningful with their spare time, I will be happy. Remaster an older one, and I will be impressed. I'd even throw money at a remastered VIII even though it's not particularly my favorite.

A remastered FFX is little more then a pet project turned easy cash cow.

Last edited:
I'm peeved that they are making an HD remake of X and not IX.

Common sense say that they would make a remake of the underdog, like how Nintendo did with Windwaker instead of Majora's Mask (though I'm actually quite disappointed it wasn't MM)

Besides the musical score, I don't see much else that is particularly grand about FFX HD. Even if I was among the thousands of big fans of FFX, I wouldn't be spending money to basically get an updated version of a game that already had good visuals and music.

When Square-Enix wants to get off their ass and do something meaningful with their spare time, I will be happy. Remaster an older one, and I will be impressed. I'd even throw money at a remastered VIII even though it's not particularly my favorite.

Yeah but, even when you can download IX from PSN? X wasn't a PSX game and neither is it available on PSN. I figure this is a good idea, as it's packed with the sequel; X-2. Opinions aside though, it was either this or XII, and I can only guess that X had more success than XII over-all. But hey, they say they might do XII if this remaster does well, and just look at how quickly Amazon and Shopto are running out of pre-orders.

Check Steam for remasters of 7 and 8. They're shiny and everything.

It's nearly out people! After all this time, it's nearly out! :ohoho:. I'm one of those sad people who booked time off work just to play it lmao :/

I'm looking forward to this, even though I have about 2 or 3 projects I'm due to finish.

Playing a video game which is embedded in your childhood and young adolescence? The ultimate procrastination!

...I'm just annoyed my PS2 broke. And that I smashed it up instead of sending it off to have the laser repaired. 0.0

Yeah but, even when you can download IX from PSN? X wasn't a PSX game and neither is it available on PSN. I figure this is a good idea, as it's packed with the sequel; X-2. Opinions aside though, it was either this or XII, and I can only guess that X had more success than XII over-all. But hey, they say they might do XII if this remaster does well, and just look at how quickly Amazon and Shopto are running out of pre-orders.

It's easy to make a PS2 game look like a PS3 game. Not so easy to do it with a PSX game.

I saw the same cash cow with the remake of Zelda Windwaker. They upped the resolution and added shaders and effects, made the music nicer and *boom*. Remastered.
There is a reason why they didn't go with Majora's Mask, which was on the 64 and not the GC, and it's called less work, same money flow.

I won't buy it on sheer principle. SE can kiss my ass on this one, to be perfectly honest.

Back